You childhood TV shows?

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember liking Thomas The Tank Engine (the one narrated by Ringo Starr) as being the first ever Television show I liked. I remember I watched Postman Pat (because I have an older bro

Why have I not seen this thread? Planet's Funniest Animals All That Spongebob Giligan's Island (uuuuh yep) Lambchop CatDog Crashbox BLUES CLUES Pinky and The Brain Rugrats Kablaam Looney

Too many to mention really but some of the ones I remember a lot: Count Duckula Bravestarr Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles X-men Bravestarr Bucky O'Hare Attack of the K

I remember liking Thomas The Tank Engine (the one narrated by Ringo Starr) as being the first ever Television show I liked.

I remember I watched Postman Pat (because I have an older brother by a year a half and that was his favourite childhood thing), and I also watched Fireman Sam because of the same older brother, but me, I was a fan of Thomas The Tank Engine at first.

Then I liked Brum, as did my brother and other older sister (the other one of us born in the 1980's 6 years older than myself, still a child), but, I think we all liked Brum (I'm the youngest out of a lot of siblings from 2 marriages 5 which were from my parents together, my mother having 6 my father having 10, I'm like the youngest of them all and my parents are still married and everything... Youngest out of 11)..

My brother and others liked Woof, It was okay, I guess, I just can remember liking Brum over Woof.

They showed a lot of Australian TV shows on British TV (Still do I guess), so I remember a show called Pugwall's Summer

and 

'Round the Twist

I then remember liking a lot of American Cartoons from Rude Dog and the Dweebs, and Galaxy High then as I started school, the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, before they had to change it to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles "because it offended the Ninjas" as it was told to me by my mother as to why they did. 

Then I remember Head 2 Head a UK show that was just kids at a TV studio somewhere on set with a young lady presenter with a punk/grunge haircut (it was the fashion back then) hosting this show where kids would battle each other on video games in teams. That was on TCC 'this satellite channel' (We had satellite back in the day when the dish/receiver was big (so big in fact we called it a dish if that's not what they're really called) which aired that and American shows (like Rude Dog) 'Hey I remember where I saw Rude Dog and the Dweebs now)!.. and Galaxy High and Gravedale High with Rick Moranis, I remember liking those, and I think my older than me by a year and a half older brother did too..

Then Nickelodeon came to my TV, Live from the Trocadero of all places, this mall at Piccadilly Circus, London. I think that 'Nickelodeon' introduced me to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if not TCC or one of the airwaves channels, (probably 3 'locally ITV/LTN' if not Channel 4... Maybe it was satellite and it was Sky?.. one of those channels/network. I remember liking Nickelodeon when it came  (I remember a time before my country had Nickelodeon) with Mother Goose and Grim, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Clarissa Explains It All, Where on Earth is Carmen Sandeigo?, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Wishbone, Sister, Sister and Kenan & Kel and Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Rugrats became my favourites as well as Hey Arnold! and The Angry Beavers, I watched Santo Bugito and CatDog but not as much as others. Nickelodeon also intro me to The Ferals, this other Australian kids show about a rag tag collection of feral animals.

That I think killed TCC and TCC was no more because of that.

So it was just Nickelodeon and Sky and BBC and ITV and Channel 4 for kids stuff.

Then came The Disney Channel It started like any other, then they made it premium.

My meemaw/Nan/maternal Grandmother/WWII Vet' still has it. :)

but back then my parents didn't have the Disney Channel, so I jumped on every chance I could get to watch TV at her house.

The Dinosaurs spring to mind, and Recess and Pepper Ann and Honey, I Blew Up the Kids the TV Series and Smart Guy before Doug went to Disney and it got weird.  I loved Pepper Ann, that show was awesome! I did not care for Angela Anaconda which sucked because Sue Rose, their creator stopped making Pepper Ann and started making Angelar Anaconda.

Cartoon Network was cool, that wasn't premium, that aired Tom & Jerry and The Flintstones and Looney Tunes, before finding it's own with Dexter's Laboratory (loved it), I didn't really care for Ed, Edd & Eddy, like their shows of films I liked like Beetlejuice the Cartoon. Fat Dog Mendoza was alright, loved Johnny Bravo not so much 2 Stupid Dogs.

Art Attack, this British Art show.

and Babar the Elephant, which was French, I liked that show, it was about a privileged elephant.

Edited by ShelledInCoopedUp
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cosby Show

Growing Pains

Baywatch

Lois & Clark

Family Matters

Married, With Children

Friends

Parker Lewis

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Dawson's Creek

Step by Step

BH 90210

Melrose Place

And many more I'm sure.

Too many to mention really but some of the ones I remember a lot:

Count Duckula

Bravestarr

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

X-men

Bravestarr

Bucky O'Hare

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Byker Grove (must have seen every single one of them!)

Grange Hill

Demon Headmaster

Brum

The Queen's Nose

Bernard's Watch

Round the Twist

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Saved by the Bell

Cartoon network stuff from the 60's like Space Ghost, Wacky Races etc

The Munsters

The BBC and ITV had a lot of great show's growing up in the 90's.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Too many to mention but  here is some of them :

Verano azul

The Muppets show

Tom Swayer

Degrassi 

Family ties

Benson

Allo Allo

Dempsey and Makepeace

Knight Rider

Duarte e companhia

21 Jump street

The Jetsons

Coyote and Beep Beep

Edited by spidergirl

if we're defining childhood as under 10, then I'll contribute the following....

Battle of the planets

Play School

Little Blue

The Muppet Show

Tom and Jerry

The Adventure game

Doctor Who

Mork and Mindy

Sapphire and Steel

and Jackanory.

• 1 month later...

Cat/Dog

Ahhhh Real Monsters

Rockos Modern Life

Ren and Stimpy

Spongebob Squarepants

Jimmy Nuetron: Boy Genius

Johnny Bravo

Friends

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

The Simpsons

Family Guy

Dexters Labatory

Malcom in the Middle 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelledInCoopedUp said:

TV shows I enjoyed as a child (not intended for Children);

The Young Ones

Red Dwarf

The Simpsons

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1988 - 1999 UK show).

Friends

Red Dwarf! lol I think I watched my first episode around 1990 so I was 7 back then lol. I know it wasn't intended for children but it was pretty tame apart from a few colorful language moments lol.

I watched the Young Ones probably in my early to mid teens but I did watch Bottom at a pretty young age lol. I thought the show was amazing back then lol. BBC2 at nights iirc had The Fast Show, Shooting Stars and then Bottom. Great times.

Edited by Jonny

• 3 weeks later...