PENNY AND SHELDON MAYBE?

Penny & Sheldon a Couple  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Penny & Sheldon a Couple

• YES
    • NO

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
And you will also notice that the female character is romantically attacted to the male character.  Not only has Penny NEVER shown the slightest romantic interest in Sheldon, on more then one occasion she has shown disgust at the idea in addition to showing disbelief that anyone else could have those feelings for him.  They have made it very clear that it will never happen.

As for the so-called chemistry between Sheldon and Penny, personally I have seen little indication of this and frankly I have seen allot more chemistry between Sheldon and Raj, especially the time when Raj moved in with him.

I ship the Shrajesh LOL!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nick, my biggest complaint against this particular crusade of yours is: Boy, you are giving them too much free publicity!   I mean, think about it: there must be.... what?..... about a dozen of them

This is a very interesting post and I agree. But I also think that this season is building toward a shift in this current paradigm. I think a large part of Penny's insecurities and this most recent

When the show started, Penny was an outside observer of the two nerds across the hall and their two friends, She was both mystified and amused about their strange world, she had her own friends and ac

Posted Images

There are no facts from any scenes in TBBT to support that Sheldon or Penny have any romantic feelings for each other or want to end up together. There are many facts from scenes that state and reinforce just the opposite.

The idea of the Romantic Shenny only exists in the minds of some fans.TBBT in no way has implied or shown that they would or want to go down this path.

• Like 2

Let's play the weekly game! What the delusional shenny's are saying about this episode!! or called What show are they watching cause it obviously must not be what we are!

http://sheldon-penny.livejournal.com/1414693.html#comments

userinfo.gif?v=99.4melmay14

In other news, Penny and Leonard's relationship still revolves around sex. Instead of complaining that he could be "spending time with" his gf, he complains that he could be "having sex with" his gf. Nice. The whole first scene just seemed like a half-hearted attempt to get a Lenny scene in there.

And from everybody's fave...who either lurks or post's here...Hey you delusional shipper..

userinfo.gif?v=99.4claudilla1

Funny episode; can you see the Ramy it's a comin'

LOL. NUTS!

There are no facts from any scenes in TBBT to support that Sheldon or Penny have any romantic feelings for each other or want to end up together. There are many facts from scenes that state and reinforce just the opposite.

The idea of the Romantic Shenny only exists in the minds of some fans.TBBT in no way has implied or shown that they would or want to go down this path.

It's people like this Carl! From that site i linked too. Seriously, it's almost sad..

userinfo.gif?v=99.4melmay14

December 14 2012, 02:59:11 UTC

•  
  •  
I am still hanging on to that small iota of hope that the writers know what they are doing, and have a plan....for example, Lenny and Shamy get resolved. Leonard and Alex become a couple, and same with Raj and Amy. Perhaps this will be resolved later in the season or early next season. Then, they can have Season 7 be basically throwback Big Bang Theory. Having the girls on there is fine, as long as it's not about relationship drama all the time. Perhaps if everyone had a serious significant other, the show can focus on Seasons 1-3ish episodes. Scientific. Nerdy. Geeky. So, after a season or so of throwback episodes, then the writers can work on slowly building the Shenny relationship. Little scenes here and there. Maybe a TADD episode thrown in every now and then. Then, the stage is set, as it were.

It reminds me of The West Wing.....for those that didn't watch this show, there was an "Are they or aren't they" couple, Josh and Donna. Josh was a highly intelligent politcal mind, and he knew it too....he was cocky. Donna was his assistant. The chemistry was great. The verbal sparring was better. The timing just never seemed right for them. One or the other was always in some sort of relationship, the most serious being Josh, coincidentally, with someone who was basically the female version of himself and named Amy. Hmmm. Anyway, at one point the writers talked about how Josh and Donna would never happen. It was destined to be one of those unfulfilled things. The actor who portrayed Josh, Bradley Whitford, went so far as to say that Josh and Donna getting together would ruin the show. That broke my heart. As it was, I didn't watch the last couple of seasons very regularly, as they added way too many new faces to the show, and it lost the old dynamic that made it wonderful......Hmmm, another freaky coincidence. In the end, they DID get together on the show, and presumably ended up together for good.

I just have to remember to not give up hope.

This delusional moron needs to give up hope.

Also, does she not know Donna ended up with Eric. Eric came back in the final episode and her and Donna kissed. I mean these people can't even get canon facts straight.

Also for those idiots on that site acting like alex and leonard will date. psh. I love Alex. I love Margo. But Alex will never date Leonard.

Edited by Slicknickshady

I haven't been involved in TBBT fandom, until I found this place.  However, the Shenny shippers remind me so much of a group of oddballs on another forum I frequent.   These posters seek to explain how modern science is wrong, and their brilliant insights will revolutionize science.  They remind me of the Shenny fans as they cherry-pick their examples, ignore contrarian evidence, or refuse to get into details.  They will also try to pick out any kind of error or failure of current theory to explain observations as proof their idea is correct, much as the Shenny fans try to find something wrong with the current episode to hold on to their misguided belief in a Sheldon-Penny hook up.     

And tonight's show sets up the Ramy, doesn't mean the Sheldon and Penny will get together. It was nice to see Amy interact with someone else, be sympathetic and not creepily over the top. Though she had some excellent lines 'waking up with more clothes' very droll. Penny was back to her gorgeous good looks; always a pleasure to view and she was hysterical with Leonard. Fun show; but then I like dark santa stories.

Let me see if I have this straight.......Amy breaks up with Sheldon to be with Raj.  Leonard breaks up with Penny to be with Alex.  Sheldon and Penny then get together.....While we are at it, how about when he was on the space station Howard was exposed to a gamma radiation burst, grows wings, and becomes a super hero.  He can call himself Sleezeman.  That will happen before the rest of the fairy tales.

• Like 2

Except for the fact that all Amy wanted was for Raj to want her a bit like he did with Penny and Bernadette. Once that was accomplished she was perfectly content to return to Sheldon. So Raj/Amy certainly isn't on the table in any form other than friendship.

userinfo.gif?v=99.4

December 14 2012, 02:59:11 UTC
  •  

I am still hanging on to that small iota of hope that the writers know what they are doing, and have a plan....for example, Lenny and Shamy get resolved. Leonard and Alex become a couple, and same with Raj and Amy. Perhaps this will be resolved later in the season or early next season. Then, they can have Season 7 be basically throwback Big Bang Theory. Having the girls on there is fine, as long as it's not about relationship drama all the time. Perhaps if everyone had a serious significant other, the show can focus on Seasons 1-3ish episodes. Scientific. Nerdy. Geeky. So, after a season or so of throwback episodes, then the writers can work on slowly building the Shenny relationship. Little scenes here and there. Maybe a TADD episode thrown in every now and then. Then, the stage is set, as it were.

It reminds me of The West Wing.....for those that didn't watch this show, there was an "Are they or aren't they" couple, Josh and Donna. Josh was a highly intelligent politcal mind, and he knew it too....he was cocky. Donna was his assistant. The chemistry was great. The verbal sparring was better. The timing just never seemed right for them. One or the other was always in some sort of relationship, the most serious being Josh, coincidentally, with someone who was basically the female version of himself and named Amy. Hmmm. Anyway, at one point the writers talked about how Josh and Donna would never happen. It was destined to be one of those unfulfilled things. The actor who portrayed Josh, Bradley Whitford, went so far as to say that Josh and Donna getting together would ruin the show. That broke my heart. As it was, I didn't watch the last couple of seasons very regularly, as they added way too many new faces to the show, and it lost the old dynamic that made it wonderful......Hmmm, another freaky coincidence. In the end, they DID get together on the show, and presumably ended up together for good.

I just have to remember to not give up hope.

I am a loyal hardcore West Wing fan and from day one I knew Josh and Donna would be together.  When I see Sheldon and Penny on TBBT I do not get that feeling at all.  So honestly TWW had it written all over.  TBBT does not have it for Shenny but for SHAMY!

It's funny. People at that site are getting on leonard for saying how he could have been having sex with penny...oh what a dog. Ah...excuse me...Penny was the one who brought up the Sex in the opening scene with Leonard..

I'm not sure I get what the problem is, on that site, for either of them mentioning having sex.   They are in a committed relationship, they like sex with each other, so who cares if either mention they could have sex?   If Bernadette had brought up sex in the first scene, and then Howard would have said he could have been having sex with Bernadette, I'm sure no one would mention or care, after all, they're married.  But, Leonard and Penny wanting to have sex with their committed partner, within their committed relationship is a problem, why?   Oh yeah, they don't like Leonard being with Penny cause that interferes with their fantasy of Sheldon and Penny.  I keep forgetting how silly they are.  

• Like 3

I'm not sure I get what the problem is, on that site, for either of them mentioning having sex.   They are in a committed relationship, they like sex with each other, so who cares if either mention they could have sex?   If Bernadette had brought up sex in the first scene, and then Howard would have said he could have been having sex with Bernadette, I'm sure no one would mention or care, after all, they're married.  But, Leonard and Penny wanting to have sex with their committed partner, within their committed relationship is a problem, why?   Oh yeah, they don't like Leonard being with Penny cause that interferes with their fantasy of Sheldon and Penny.  I keep forgetting how silly they are.  

So very well said. I hope the people there that frequent this thread, read this. Then again, they will read it, and then back bs reasons why it's wrong. They just and have always been butt hurt that Leonard is the main character.

And tonight's show sets up the Ramy, doesn't mean the Sheldon and Penny will get together. It was nice to see Amy interact with someone else, be sympathetic and not creepily over the top. Though she had some excellent lines 'waking up with more clothes' very droll. Penny was back to her gorgeous good looks; always a pleasure to view and she was hysterical with Leonard. Fun show; but then I like dark santa stories.

The question for me is the show now all bark and no bite.

I hope they are not now toothless.

The question for me is the show now all bark and no bite.

Doug; what do you mean (I have a cold, so am not the sharpest today) that it's all a tease or they will actually have the nerve to break up both couples & give Sheldon and Penny a try?

Doug; what do you mean (I have a cold, so am not the sharpest today) that it's all a tease or they will actually have the nerve to break up both couples & give Sheldon and Penny a try?

I worry that all the chaos on Two and a Half Men may make them fear change.

Forcing them into a rut where nothing changes.

IMO the last real changes occurred late season 4.

If they do not follow thru on Raj/Amy or Leonard/Alex then all story lines may become tease with no follow thru.

I like to think the writers are better then that so I hope for some bite. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

The question for me is the show now all bark and no bite.

I like to think the writers are better then that so I hope for some bite. :icon_wink:

The trouble is there is no dog. Alex/Leonard, Raj/Amy and Sheldon/Penny are all imaginary. Especially that last one.

Edited by bostrich
  • Like 1