PENNY AND SHELDON MAYBE?

bigfan89

Penny & Sheldon a Couple  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Penny & Sheldon a Couple

• YES
    • NO

Sorry for beeing so straight but this toppic became really annoying. About one year its going around in circles:

- one side keeps saying : Yes Shenny has to happen and they really think they can enforce this by trying to find some explanation/s or reason/s which are so not reasonable and it doesn`t stop

- and the other side tries to tell this delusional shippers that they should keep living in their "Shennyland" but the others (Shenny shippers) keep discussing and discussing and I`m always like: Oh no!

I understand why the writers and also others are sick and tired of reading " Why don`t you make Penny and Sheldon a couple?" 

10 reasons why Penny and Sheldon will never ever become a couple

1) she doesn`t find him atractive at all
2) she doesn`t have a Phd like him
3) he always mocks her carreer
4) he´s not interested in her at all
5) she threads him like he´s her nephew/son
6) he doesn`t wanna impress her and neither does she
7) none of them feels comfortable around the other one (Penny doesn`t feel comfortable around Sheldon and neither does he)
8 )it would ruin the show if they would become a couple
9) all actors (esp. Kaley Cuoco) and the producers say it will never happen and esp. Kaley thinks this shipping of them is disgusting
10) Amy is Sheldons girl! which is the number one reason for me

and I also have 10 reasons for the SHAMY:

1) Amy thinks Sheldon is brilliant

2) Sheldon cares about Amy a lot

3) they booth have a Phd

4) Amy feels very comfortable around him and in his arms

5) Sheldon feels very comfortable around Amy and in her arms

6) they were chosen by science

7) Sheldon find it fascinating that Amy kissed him

8 )Amy calls him her boyfriend

9) Sheldon calls Amy his girlfriend

10) they holded hands and they booth liked it

Thats my last post here in this thread. I`m out.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
What's stupid is that this thread is devoted to a discussion Penny-Sheldon and people come and spam the discussion, thus driving others away.

no, what is stupid is that, instead of posting about Shenny, most Shenny's start posting about how awful Leonard/Penny and how awful Sheldon/Amy are and betting on when they're gonna break up, instead of discussing the why's on the wish for Shenny to happen. 

And when it is brought up, when posters post their reasons why it would not work, Shenny shippers start arguing again on how awful Leonard/Penny are and how awful Sheldon/Amy are, and so, the vicious circle starts again-.

The truth is, no one is gonna convince the other side. IMO this thread should be given a rest. There are no new arguments on either side. It's just boring now. 

• Like 6

You have to admit it is fascintating to what lenghts some of the posters will go to....Amy talked to someone else, Sheldon and Amy are going to break up.  Someone else likes Leonard, he's going to dump Penny and hook up with the new person.  Penny talked to Sheldon, they are going to be a couple.  Fascinating.

• Like 5

What's funny is that TBBT has never shown Penny or Sheldon wanting to be a couple. Sheldon and Penny have shown on many occasions that they don't want, don't have any desire nor do they ever think about being a couple. Both Sheldon and Penny would think the idea of them getting together as absurd. That's the facts. L/P for the win.

• Like 4

I've written to the Admin; Doug and I post here as we like the ship and discuss how it's going to happen, the lot of you with your spamming, cross-posting from the Shenny LiveJournal and rude behavior scare away anyone who enjoys this ship. I never go the Shamy or Lenny thread and say how those relationships are a disaster, that would be rude, spoiling your enjoyment. Obviously you don't wish to accord us the same enjoyment.

I've written to the Admin; Doug and I post here as we like the ship and discuss how it's going to happen, the lot of you with your spamming, cross-posting from the Shenny LiveJournal and rude behavior scare away anyone who enjoys this ship. I never go the Shamy or Lenny thread and say how those relationships are a disaster, that would be rude, spoiling your enjoyment. Obviously you don't wish to accord us the same enjoyment.

You discuss how "it's going to happen" and others discuss how it's not going to happen. That's discussion.

I agree that some people may be less civil than others, but it's become such an absurd issue with each passing episode, that's it's just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Last I checked this thread simply posited a question of whether or not Sheldon/Penny are going to be romantically involved. Which implies that it is a topic open for discussion both pro and con. I don't see any rule that only pro-Shenny people are allowed to voice their opinions on the matter when it comes to this thread.

With all due respect Annie, I don't think people are being scared away. I just think you and Doug are probably the only two registered members of this forum who are strong advocates for Shenny who post in this thread on a regular basis.

If you really want a thread that's strictly a pro-Shenny thread where you, Doug and maybe a few stragglers can discuss the ship then by all means create one. This is not the thread for it. This thread is asking a question, which means you don't get to have a safe haven of only like minded people.

• Like 5

I'll give 98 cents worth, TBBT does not have a Romantic Shenny agenda. Sorry Penny and Sheldon not going to happen.

You discuss how "it's going to happen" and others discuss how it's not going to happen. That's discussion.

I agree that some people may be less civil than others, but it's become such an absurd issue with each passing episode, that's it's just ridiculous.

Both word.

And annieogly you are the one who states that you are not a shipper but argue and debate with those who challenge you with the 'will they, won't they' as far as Shenny is concerned. Either admit you are a shipper or stop contradicting yourself.

But i thought you don't ship Shenny? WHOOPS! LOL! Delusional.

Also, it's not disrespectful when it's true. The creators have said it will never happen. You are claiming it could. So Delusional.

• Like 1

I have a mental image of you stomping your feet and screaming, "Mommy, they're being mean nasty icky poopy-heads, make them stop, waaaah!"  :icon_rolleyes: Let me clue you in to three unimpeachable facts: (1) you don't call the shots on what is discussed in this thread (if you want such complete control, start a blog); (2) people are going to disagree with you; and (3) those people have just as much of a right to post their opinions as you do. Crying to the moderators because people are posting things you don't like is the act of a child, and reflects poorly on you.

• Like 6

Oh no, you've written to the Admin, I guess I will have to agree with you now.  Start a thread for Sheldon and Penny lovers only.  Both of you can go there and post to your hearts content without worry of anyone posting how ludicrous the whole concept is.

Oh Snap!

guinnessbrilliant.jpg

to be fair,this thread has never been the i love shenny thread, if you want one make one

I agree. This thread poses a question, so people will keep answering it. Why not start a thread and state it's a place to enjoy shipping shenny. There's a shamy thread, so I don't see why you can't have a shenny one. This one isn't serving the purpose you want it too.

• Like 1

I agree, this thread never came across as a Shenny fan thread, it's a 'whether Shenny is possible on the show or not' discussion thread. So obviously people are going to reply and even argue. It should be allowed in principle to have purely a fan/appreciation thread for a character or ship, so please make one if you want that.. though since it seems to be only you and Doug in the party here, some other more populated place (like the Paradox tumblr forum) might suit your needs better. 

• Like 1

Epidsode in which Sheldon has dinner with Penny and they go to DisneyWorld: BLOOPER  - about 8 min into the story, Sheldon and Howard exit the apartment together (Sheldon has hot dogs in his pants). As Howard mounts his scooter, Sheldons says, "Bye, Shel".  oops!  Where is the appropriate site to make note of such trivia?

loollibelle

I agree. This thread poses a question, so people will keep answering it. Why not start a thread and state it's a place to enjoy shipping shenny. There's a shamy thread, so I don't see why you can't have a shenny one. This one isn't serving the purpose you want it too.

This forum doesnt need that.

There was an interview with Kaley cuoco where she says that she is going to have a test beta where she will make out with Leanord for 1 season and the with wolowitz for another then with Raj the Sheldon she said she would teat them all out. Now, after I watched that I said to mysel "Wll then why didn't you kust stick to that plan." :(

well, anyway if you want the link to that specific vid.

just click below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9-tOcyvis  (SHE SAYS IT AT 2:27)

There was an interview with Kaley cuoco where she says that she is going to have a test beta where she will make out with Leanord for 1 season and the with wolowitz for another then with Raj the Sheldon she said she would teat them all out. Now, after I watched that I said to mysel "Wll then why didn't you kust stick to that plan." :(

well, anyway if you want the link to that specific vid.

just click below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9-tOcyvis  (SHE SAYS IT AT 2:27)

Because she was being sarcastic and was demonstrating just how wacko some of the fans are.

• Like 3

GO SIT DOWN IN A FUCKING CORNER AND THINK ABOUT YOUR DREAM, YOUNG LADY.

Holy crap... I had a similar dream before that Shenny was real (and that in the show it was happening, like they were about to lean in and kiss) and I woke up panting. I literally cried my eyes out and when my mom asked me what happened, I told her I had a nightmare. They say that what happens in one's nightmare turns into the opposite in real life.