Sign in to follow this  
bigfan89

PENNY AND SHELDON MAYBE?

Penny & Sheldon a Couple  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Penny & Sheldon a Couple

• YES
    • NO

LOL at this person. Talking about this site! Actually, Stock. the people on the site you post at only see what they wan't to see. Seems like this person is about to be banned here anyway. haha. Also, not to mention they admit they have never seen the episode but claim we are only seeing what we want to see.

Am I the only one perplexed by this? How can you make a judgment if you have not seen the episode? LOL.

-----

userinfo.gif?v=100.1stock2007

January 5 2013, 09:55:09 UTC

•  
  •  
As I said earlier I never saw the episode. First I have to say the thing I really like about this site is you always speak your mind and you say it as it is. It amazes me every week,I've just been reading over on the other site. (I'm on a last warning over there by the way) I think they may have been two BBT shows on going by the comment's over there. The episode was great, everyone laughed from start to finish plus the whole L/P thing is running so well and 'everyone' is hoping for another proposal before the end of the season.
I know P/L shippers only see what you want to see in a episode but surely even they can see that the show is a shadow of what it was.

--------
Edited by Slicknickshady
  • Like 1

There NEVER was even a hint that there would ever be a Shenny.  NEVER.  If there has been a cut back in the so-called Sheldon and Penny interaction, it is probably because the directors/producers/writers/actors are tired of the overly agressive attacks by the Shenny fans on them pushing for them to put the two of them together, even though they have repeatedly said that not only it will never happen, but that they find it hard to understand how anyone would think it was a good idea, and some have expressed their disgust at the whole idea.  Anytime Sheldon and Penny even say "hello" someone is going to post that it is obvious that they are made for each other.  Thankfully the ones who decide whether they are or not have the good sense to proclaim that it wil never happen.

Agreed. I also feel the lack of any real Sheldon and Penny interactions this season has a lot to do with TPTB firing back against the aggressive Shenny shippers. It's really the only way to make their point in a fashion that these people can see/hear. Given the dismayed reactions from said people it's working.

The idea of the Romantic Shenny has never existed on TBBT. It only exists in the mind of a few people who watch the show. For Chuck, Bill, the writers, Warner Bros and CBS it is a non issue that they don't even waste their time on. I know most Romantic Shenny fans realize it will never happen and that's why they write and/or read fan fiction. The Leonard/Amy bashing Romantic Shennys are their own worst enemy. They are the ones who go onto Mayim's facebook and twitter account to attack her character and tell her to leave TBBT because Amy is ruining their fantasy of Penny and Sheldon becoming a romantic couple. I imagine if Johnny tweeted and facebooked they would go on his website to attack Leonard as well.

• Like 1

More stuff from the idiots, How these people are so clinically insane baffles me. All these people are clinically insane and need psychiatric help.

userinfo.gif?v=100.1gamma12

January 5 2013, 15:11:53 UTC

•  
  •  
I thought this weeks episode looked like the writers were already on vacation for the holiday break. The giant Jenga part was cute. The rest of it was just a big set up so Leonard could reassure Penny that he wasnt going to leave her no matter how desirable other women found him. It pretty much made me want to smack him and shake her. The council of ladies was a cute idea- but I am with Sheldon- Bernadette telling Sheldon(the most socially clueless man she knows) to talk to Alex about her hitting on Leonard was lame. They really didnt deserve the shirts. I also really get sick of the Penny is stupid jokes. They are reinforced almost every week by the trio she is forced to hang out with- the girls and Leonard. Its turned her into pathetic Penny. is that the only scenerio the writers can come up with to have Leonard and Penny as a couple- make her character such a shell of her former self that it looks like he is doing her a favor. You would think that the L/P people would not want one of pairing diminished so much to make the relationship work- but from what I have read there are many who seem to sway more to Leonards side than to both characters in the pairing equally.

I have been watching some season 2 episodes the past couple of nights and the change is just amazing(and not in a good way)- its like watching 2 different shows.
userpic-user.png?v=15821

userinfo.gif?v=100.1ses1515

January 5 2013, 16:27:43 UTC

•  
  •  
It would be nice for the Shamy and Lenny Shippers to admit their Ships only have a chance because TPTB had to shutdown the Shenny scenes. It's a cheap win when the Shenny is not even allowed to compete. The Shenny cheimstry was soo strong other pairing would not stand a chance. It's one thing if the Shenny scenes were lousy then I can see stopping them but to lose like this is beyond lame.
userpic-user.png?v=15821

userinfo.gif?v=100.1melmay14

January 5 2013, 20:49:45 UTC

•  
  •  
I really don't understand L/P supporters. I honestly don't. What are they seeing in the ship? Certainly not chemistry or mutual respect. The relationship has been one long insecurity driven jealousy filled drama fest. There have been some nice moments.....the snowflake (followed by Leonard being a real d-bag to his best friend) There was the moment in the lab when she has to remind herself how smart he really is. (Followed by them having sex in his lab, proving they can't just have a nice moment and just be)

For me, the L/P shippers are.....well, lazy. It is lazy to pair together the main female lead and main male lead....unless there is some sort of undeniable chemistry that makes them perfect together. But, to pair the male and female leads just for the sake of them being the male and female lead, again, it's just lazy.

And, it's lazy for the viewer as well. They don't have to do any thinking. They don't have to read between the lines or analyze looks, touches, smiles. This kind of pairing, along with pairings that put together people exactly like themselves (I'm looking at you Shamy), caters to the lowest intelligence viewers.

January 5 2013, 16:35:12 UTC Edited:  January 5 2013, 17:02:09 UTC

•  
  •  
The ratings continue to rise and I just do not understand it. What makes this show soo great that I'm missing? From reading the taping reports it does not seem there is comedy gold happening and groundbreaking story lines happening? Have other networks removed all programming at 8:00p.m on Thursday? It would be great for one night if the other networks put there top shows on against Big Bang. It's hard to tell what will happen at the end of this season and season 7 but it's hard to imagine TPTB willing to change much and to take the show out of it's comfort zone.

stock2007

January 5 2013, 18:27:39 UTC Edited:  January 5 2013, 18:42:22 UTC

•  
  •  
Yeah your right the ratings are up but the rise is due to new viewers most of which will not have seen the show at its best. Thats what makes it so hard for us we've seen it from the start. ( God I feel old)
Sadly the thing that is killing the show for us is the ratings being so high. The writers are only in it for the money its a job to them nothing more and in a way who can blame them. So while people are happy to tune in to watch a sub-standard show nothing is ever going to change.
I did think that they were making so many filler episodes as they worked up to a really big change in the show like major break-ups in the pairing. I was wrong never going to happen, if Penny is ok with Leonard after this episode she is never breaking up with him.
Of course if anything did happen it would be fun watching the L/P shippers jumping over the cliff like a load of lemmings.
No thats not nice I shouldn't say things like that:)

January 5 2013, 19:06:13 UTC

•  
  •  
Your right it's very hard to see a breakup especially from Penny since she let Leonard walk all over her. A Shamy breakup may have more of a chance. It would be fun watching the L/P Shippers. It's not mean at all especially since they hammer the Shenny shippers. I can understand it since they fear the Shenny because they know just how good it can be. The Lenny can never compete with the Shenny in a fair competition. The writers for this show have had it easy enough. Let's get some other top shows against BBT and let's see the Shenny. Let's find out once and for all how good this show can be.

January 5 2013, 19:28:50 UTC

•  
  •  
I think if there was a breakup this time for Lenny it would be Leonard calling it quits. At this point they have kind of painted Penny into a corner from a breakup standpoint- I don't see how she breaks up with him now without being the bad guy ( unless of course he does something douchy- and this is Leonard we are talking about So that's possible).

melmay14

January 5 2013, 20:31:48 UTC

•  
  •  
The only thing is......earlier in the season, she indicated she was not in love with Leonard, or at least wasn't sure, and she was a hair's breadth away from breaking up with him. She said that she has been in love before, and with Leonard, it did not feel like it did before. (And I don't think she meant it feels better than before)

Now, since then, she has slept with him numerous times, been upset at the thought of Leonard and Alex becoming close, and said "I love you" in a rather quick fashion. But, how she truly feels about him has never been fully resolved.

Are we to believe after all these years as friends and all the months on and off as more than friends, that she still doesn't know if she loves him, but then, all of the sudden, she realizes it does? I think it is much more likely that she likes him, even cares for him, and WANTS to love him, but still is not in love with him, the way she needs to be.

I would hope Penny is strong enough, that at some point, she realizes that she cannot continue to be with someone if she is not "in love" with them.

------------------

Edited by Slicknickshady

Wow, cheers for that, Stock2007, I'm sure we'll enjoy watching you drop of off a cliff too when the show ends and your precious Shenny never happened.

Okay in all seriousness though, it strikes me just how angry and upset these people are with the show. I don't know why they force themselves to continue like this. It's okay to be critical but this whole thing is turning them in to genuinely spiteful human beings. As confused and disappointed as it makes me to see these people throw toddler tantrums, I still feel better as I sit here with people who share my opinions and still enjoy the show as much as I do. So thank you for still existing, awesome fans :D

I read this discussion going on at the supposedly Happy Campers fanon shippers, since that thread is apparently designed to be that, a happy campers place and I'm going to disagree, I'm bringing it over here:

It's about Penny being "nerdy and geeky" (hence, being a dream match for Sheldon, I guess), I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous.

Penny has participated (sometimes reluctantly) in the guys' activities a couple times, sometimes she enjoyed them, sometimes not, that doesn't make her the epytome of geekness.

Annielogy wrote:

The show is about nerdy guys and their nerdy interests. Just because you are a scientist doesn't make you a nerd; Bernadette isn't the least bit nerdy; she is pretty, sociable and had a handsome boyfriend (Glen). She has nil nerdy interests.  Amy is scientist but isn't a nerd either. She enjoys; going to the mall with her girlfriends, wearing pretty Victoria's Secret underwear, her boyfriend and showing him off to her relatives, putting on make-up, waxing and high-heel shoes, being intimate with her boyfriend, being with the 'cool girls'.

Wait a minute, what's the definition of "nerd"? I may be very outdated, but last time I checked, nerds were those guys and gals who studied a lot and enjoyed it, not those who liked games and comics.

Now, some nerds could like geek stuff such comic or videogames, but not liking them doesn't make them less nerds. So, yes, being into science and liking it make Bernardette and Amy nerds.

Penny, in the other hand, despises everything study-related, specially Science and thinks it's boring and awful (that, alone, IMO, makes her a totally unadequate match for Sheldon, more than not liking Comics or ST as Amy, wich, BTW, doesn't really bother Sheldon, remember she was drawn to her intellect above all, and he is willing to forgive her for not liking the same things as him, finally, those two girls Raj and him picked up once, both seemed to be geeky, Sheldon didn't look at them twice, showing that, for him, it was not important at all.

Amy doesn't like Star Trek, she insulted both Wil Wheaton & LeVar Burton & suggested to Sheldon that as 'punishment' she not go to the summer premiere of the new Star Trek film . She knows about Star Trek & put on the uniform to please her boyfriend. She plays Fun with Flags and Counterfactuals, she says Dragons & Dungeons sounds fun to please her boyfriend. She never initiates any of this. She doesn't enjoy comics, gaming, paintball, bowling, cosplay or Cons.

Baby, get your ears and eyes checked, Amy didn't say she wanted to play D&D to please Sheldon, she looked and sounded genuinely interested in the game for once, she invented Countefactuals along with Sheldon, it's a game she likes and she is very into FWF, to the point to become as perfectionist and annoying as her boyfriend when it comes to it. She doesn't like comics, ok, but you have no foundation to say she doesn't enjoy gaming, paintball or bowling, since she had never had the option to play them yet.

The one time Amy suggested a game that she repeatedly plays and enjoys is: Twister.  Utterly normal and banal.

Reminder: Sheldon and Leonard had played "tiny twister", so they are so very normal and banal too ;)

Penny, on the other hand, took up playing Halo, before she went out with Leonard & enjoys it. She joined the guys bowling team and is good at it. She's a great shot at paintball.  She also started playing Age of Conan with Sheldon and enjoys it; her interest has zero to do with Leonard and pleasing him. So Penny is a gamer. There is another gamer nerd on the show: Wil Wheaton, who also happens to be an actor. Stuart is an art school graduate and is a nerd. Actors, artists etc can be nerds. As to Penny's Superman and Star Trek references, actually it shows that you are part of that culture, by referencing it. So Penny also is actively interested in Star Trek and Batman/comics, she's a gamer, likes bowling and is good at paintball and pictionary.

Penny is NOT a gamer, she played Halo once and aced at it, as she aces at everything violent or sports, as paintball and bowling, not because she is a gamer, but because she is a tomboy.

She became addict to an online game during a depression period, after that, she had never been shown pursuing that kind of interests by herself, except for the time she went to watch the Star Trek movie, but it was presumably because she missed the guys (specifically, Leonard)

And you are very good to point out Amy's dismissal of ST and everything comics related, but what do you have to say of the  dozens of times Penny had belittled or ridiculized those same things, the most recent saying to Leonard last episode that if he kept quoting Captain Kirk no women would like him ever?, or when he made him feel like crap for liking the things he likes (and Sheldon idolizes) back in Nerdvana Anihilation? last season she bought them nerdy presents, but didn't hesitate to point out at them they were ridiculous for liking that stuff being grown-ups. And what about this season's episode when both, Bernie and Amy got offended in behalf of their men because she said the kind of losers where those who used to hang out at the comic book store and dress up for halloween?

So, no, Penny is not geeky, nor nerdy and it's not her role to be, as it's not any of the other girls'. She is able to quote geek stuff because of her interaction with Leonard and the boys (had you forgotten her quoting Yoda to Leonard?), not because that's "her thing" per se. There would be nice to have a geeky girl as a regular character (perhaps a future gf for Raj), but Penny is not.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 1

Good points Sarah7 Bowling and paintball are not considered nerdy activities in the United States and to make the argument that participating in these 2 activities classifies you as a nerd is ridiculous. Bernadette gamed with the guys in one episode but that is not mentioned. Lastly, the first paragraph where it says Amy and Bernadette aren't nerds and goes on to give the reasons to support this argument is completely Laughable and contradicts itself. The reasons that are used describe Penny to a tee.She loves to shop, where high heels, put on make up, where Victoria Secrets underwear, waxing, being intimate with her boyfriend Leonard, she's sociable, has had handsome boyfriends and is Pretty. Based on these reasons Penny can't possibly be a nerd because she engages in the same activities that disqualify Amy and Bernadette.

Good points Sarah7 Bowling and paintball are not considered nerdy activities in the United States and to make the argument that participating in these 2 activities classifies you as a nerd is ridiculous. Bernadette gamed with the guys in one episode but that is not mentioned. Lastly, the first paragraph where it says Amy and Bernadette aren't nerds and goes on to give the reasons to support this argument is completely Laughable and contradicts itself. The reasons that are used describe Penny to a tee.She loves to shop, where high heels, put on make up, where Victoria Secrets underwear, waxing, being intimate with her boyfriend Leonard, she's sociable, has had handsome boyfriends and is Pretty. Based on these reasons Penny can't possibly be a nerd because she engages in the same activities that disqualify Amy and Bernadette.

Yeah but Amy and Bernadette are science geeks, not nerds. They have no obsessive hobbies. I agree on the other points though, Penny is not a nerd at all. The only nerd girl they have had on this show was Alice, comic book girl. She was cool.

Edited by Moonbase

LOL. Seriously, lock them up and throw away the key.

---

January 5 2013, 21:33:49 UTC Edited:  January 5 2013, 21:43:22 UTC

•  
  •  
The problem is Penny does not have the right friends in Bernadette and Amy to give her good advise about Leonard. They are more concerned with keeping the group together. Sheldon at least has voiced his disapproval with the Lenny in the past. I'll never believe Penny is in Love with Leonard and vice versa. They have both never done the things for each other that Penny and Sheldon have done for each other. Penny and Leonard are friends with benefits nothing more. Penny and Leonard cannot be who they really are with each other because of fear of upsetting each other. That would never be a problem with Sheldon and Penny.

January 6 2013, 07:03:21 UTC

•  
  •  
While I agree that the writers have given us many reasons to question whether or not Penny is "in love" I dont see how she breaks up with him at this point without it being so awkward that it would be hard to be part of the group dynamic. If she had done it it the first couple of episodes when she was questioning the relationship I think he would not have been that suprised- it would have kind of been like their beta test didn't work . Now they are in much deeper, after the ILY and all the jealousy it would change the tone of the breakup and make it harder to move on. Though I suppose the same thing would be true if Leonard ends it- but the set up feels like if there is a breakup it will come from Leonard.

January 5 2013, 21:26:29 UTC

•  
  •  
I think it will be Leonard's turn this time to break up with Penny if a breakup does happen. Then we will get Sheldon going over to Penny's for dinner if he can fight past Amy and Bernadette. For the 2nd half of season 6 I just want some interesting things to happen. Give us some surprises and something different from these characters.

userinfo.gif?v=100.1stock2007

January 5 2013, 22:45:55 UTC

•  
  •  

I have a feeling that the ILY thing would be the key, your right if they break up it'll be Leonard who walks away. Penny said she loved him I think deep down thats all he ever wanted. The hot blond to say 'I love you Leonard' Think about over the years the way he's acted he's so superficial when ever another woman was around.

Edited by Slicknickshady

On and on and on........"Sheldon and Penny have such wonderful chemistry."...Really?  When?  Sheldon and Raj have just as good as chemistry.  Should we argue that they should be together?   "Leonard and Penny don't love each other"....Yeah, people only feel this way because they want Penny to be with Sheldon, and that ain't never going to happen...."Leonard only wants to get into women's pants".  This is hillarious!  If that was the case he would have dumped Penny after bedding her and gone looking for greener pastures.  He turned down Alex when she hit on him.  If sex was all that he was interested in he would have dumped Penny then and there and hooked up with Alex.   Yes, he does like going to bed with Penny.  What a terrible guy!  If I were in his shoes all I would ever do was have meaningful conversations with Penny and that would be it..........Let me give you a touch of reality, Leonard is a breathing guy who is sexually attracted to women.  He likes having sex with women.  If you are a female and your former boyfriends only wanted to talk with you,  for whatever reason he didn't find you sexaully attractive.   It may be him, it may be you.  This is not normal nor is it something that most healthy people would want. 

Sour grapes.  Sorry but Penny will never hook up with Sheldon.  Trying to attack Amy or Leonard or saying how terrible their relationships with Sheldon or Penny are isn't going to change it.  Some of the criticisms of these two and their respective relationships is so off the wall and exagerated that it is actually funny.  Time to accept reality, if that can be said about fictional characters, and come to grips with the fact that Sheldon and Amy are a couple, as are Leonard and Penny, and they will remain so for the remainder of the show unless one of the actors decides to leave, and even then Sheldon and Penny will never be a couple. 

• Like 2

It's hilarious that they are dumb as heck.

for what? believing something different to you? 

you actually have no argument to anything being said against you. 

you go on shenny blogs, posts, livejournals..you even have your own shenny hating blog, for someone who claims not to ship shenny, you have a lot of interest in the pairing. even if it "hating". 

• Like 2

On and on and on........"Sheldon and Penny have such wonderful chemistry."...Really?  When?  Sheldon and Raj have just as good as chemistry.  Should we argue that they should be together?   "Leonard and Penny don't love each other"....Yeah, people only feel this way because they want Penny to be with Sheldon, and that ain't never going to happen...."Leonard only wants to get into women's pants".  This is hillarious!  If that was the case he would have dumped Penny after bedding her and gone looking for greener pastures.  He turned down Alex when she hit on him.  If sex was all that he was interested in he would have dumped Penny then and there and hooked up with Alex.   Yes, he does like going to bed with Penny.  What a terrible guy!  If I were in his shoes all I would ever do was have meaningful conversations with Penny and that would be it..........Let me give you a touch of reality, Leonard is a breathing guy who is sexually attracted to women.  He likes having sex with women.  If you are a female and your former boyfriends only wanted to talk with you,  for whatever reason he didn't find you sexaully attractive.   It may be him, it may be you.  This is not normal nor is it something that most healthy people would want. 

Sour grapes.  Sorry but Penny will never hook up with Sheldon.  Trying to attack Amy or Leonard or saying how terrible their relationships with Sheldon or Penny are isn't going to change it.  Some of the criticisms of these two and their respective relationships is so off the wall and exagerated that it is actually funny.  Time to accept reality, if that can be said about fictional characters, and come to grips with the fact that Sheldon and Amy are a couple, as are Leonard and Penny, and they will remain so for the remainder of the show unless one of the actors decides to leave, and even then Sheldon and Penny will never be a couple. 

Very well said Rick.

55 pages and counting. How sad...

The Dunning–Kruger effect in all its glory. On both sides..........

• Like 2

You are very short sighted. It's how they act.

what? i know exactly what goes on in shenny places. but that's it. they keep everything in their own tag, shenny blogs, shenny LJ's and i just cannot understand why somebody who claims not to ship them goes there.  why not stick to LP? 

it has been quite awhile since a ship war on tumblr, and it would be nice if that continued and it has been so long since i even saw a shenny in the shamy tag.

why does it matter what they say as long as they keep it in their own space? they aren't exactly going to LP forums going YEAH SHENNY ARE PERF!!!!!! fuck LP!!!! but you are just bringing all the shenny stuff over from THEIR SHIPS forum going " HA ARENT THEY DUMB!!!" which is dumb in itself. 

the shenny shippers are being way more mature than you are. 

• Like 5

what? i know exactly what goes on in shenny places. but that's it. they keep everything in their own tag, shenny blogs, shenny LJ's and i just cannot understand why somebody who claims not to ship them goes there.  why not stick to LP? 

it has been quite awhile since a ship war on tumblr, and it would be nice if that continued and it has been so long since i even saw a shenny in the shamy tag.

why does it matter what they say as long as they keep it in their own space? they aren't exactly going to LP forums going YEAH SHENNY ARE PERF!!!!!! fuck LP!!!! but you are just bringing all the shenny stuff over from THEIR SHIPS forum going " HA ARENT THEY DUMB!!!" which is dumb in itself. 

Maybe slicknick subconsciously wants the shenny or thinks the shenny might happen so he's fighting it for all he's worth. :)

I'm way more mature then them. Sorry, they are delusional and insane and should be locked up. They see things that don't exist. They think the writers are actually setting them up to get together. lol.

im convinced hes a closet shipper tbh :'( 

You are a fool.

Edited by Slicknickshady

I am not surprised that some of people support Shenny. I know even worse cases. Eg. the Imdb message board: there are many who do not like all couples in TBBT, simultaneously. :) They would have fun seeing personal problems instead of solutions.

me (i love blue) : omg blue is the best colour

someone else: no purple is

me: omg you are delusional and should be locked up can you not see blue is the best colour blue is the colour of the sky bye 

me (i love blue) : omg blue is the best colour

someone else: no purple is

me: omg you are delusional and should be locked up can you not see blue is the best colour blue is the colour of the sky bye 

Completely different situations.