• NO

you're delusional 

Wrong.

This is delusional..

userinfo.gif?v=100.1melmay14

January 8 2013, 15:56:05 UTC

•  
  •  
I think Jim is the kind of fella that would look good with anybody. And Amy really looks sweet with both Leonard and Raj at times.

I think Jim and Mayim and Jim and Kaley look good together in different ways. Sheldon and Amy look cute together as a cute, awkward couple. Which is what they were going for I guess. But, Sheldon and Penny together look like magic; their eyes twinkle and dance at each other. They are the kind of pair that if anyone walked into a room without knowing them, would swear that they were together, just by their chemistry and magnetism.

Edited by Slicknickshady

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nick, my biggest complaint against this particular crusade of yours is: Boy, you are giving them too much free publicity!   I mean, think about it: there must be.... what?..... about a dozen of them

This is a very interesting post and I agree. But I also think that this season is building toward a shift in this current paradigm. I think a large part of Penny's insecurities and this most recent

When the show started, Penny was an outside observer of the two nerds across the hall and their two friends, She was both mystified and amused about their strange world, she had her own friends and ac

Posted Images

Being a closet Majim shipper, I really despise comments like that and it boils my blood to the very core because I NEVER EVER ONCE SAW THAT SPARK THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT KALEY AND JIM. But I keep that to myself (for the most part). I don't go copying what they say and completely call them delusional. It's called letting people have their opinions and let them rot and sink in their own ideas rather than continuously call them as persons with deep mental conditions because you're now just coming across just the same as them. Yes, you may not be shipping something that's not going to happen but you keep on hunting them and copying what they say and mock them, which is what the worst of them also do. If you really think L/P is going to be the endgame (which I do know will be too) then why don't you be contended and stop feeling threatened by doing THAT. Don't give me a response like "I'm not threatened, I want to expose how dumb and delusional they are." I don't want to agree or disagree with you there, that some of them can even go out of their way to even tweet the writers and producers to state their proofs that shenny is endgame, but keeping on mocking them is worse than thinking S/P is endgame. I would suggest you just go on a defense strategy that you ONLY do this when they directly attack you first rather than constantly attacking them this way. You'd only end up getting banned and warned so many times. Why don't you try to record their inconsistencies? I know a lot of S/P shippers who used to be on the other forum claiming that their beloved co-shippers(and themselves) do not post any hatred towards Shamy in tumblr but you see their discussions on how icky Amy is and how exciting it was that Sheldon got into Penny's bed even before Amy could do that. But we don't blatantly call them delusional or repeatedly post gifs of kaley from her interview regarding Shenny. Only when THEY ATTACK. Never let yourself get caught.

• Like 3

I'm not threatened. They are zero threat. Thats a fallacy you are making. Just because I call them out, and tell them it's not going to happen doesn't mean i view them as a threat. Not at all. I just wish they were gone from the internet. Also, Bill just blocks them on twitter anyway.

Edited by Slicknickshady

The basic question on this thread is whether or not Sheldon and Penny should be together.  Most people seem to think that the question is luidicrous.  Persnonally I have NEVER seen any type of special "chemistry" between the two of them despite the constant claims from a few that there is.  Also you can almost count on it that if someone comes up with a wild criticism for some perceived fault of Leonard or Amy, they are rabid Shenny zeolots.  A good example of this is in the previous episode where Alex asked Leonard out, one shipper cricicized Leonard because he was flattered that a good looking woman had asked him out and claimed that it was clear that all Leonard was interested in was "getting into girl's pants" and basically used that to demonstrate what a low life he was.  Of course they failed to answer the question of "if Leonard is only interested in getting into girl's pants, why didn't he take up Alex's offer to go out with her"?  The only way to react to some of the shippers is to see the humor in their posts.

Wait a minute, what's the definition of "nerd"? I may be very outdated, but last time I checked, nerds were those guys and gals who studied a lot and enjoyed it, not those who liked games and comics.

That's what I thought, too. Someone on the Shenny thread commented that 'Amy and Bernadette are Hollywood nerds', and all I could think of was, wow, I didn't know I'm in Hollywood. :)

I've never quite got the nerd/geek divide. I do remember the Venn diagram, according to which intelligence + social awkwardness = dweeb, intelligence + social awkwardness + obsession = nerd, and intelligence + obsession = geek. By that definition, rigorously Amy should probably be called a dweeb, and the 4 guys are nerds. But wouldn't 'obsession' with a nerdy interest like neurobiology, to the point of having a smoking monkey at home and carrying around electrodes in her pocket, also count? Why only comic-books and gaming? 

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 2

Let's see what the delusional nuts are up to tonight.

Whats this Tool watching? Kaley and Johnny are always going on and on how great Lenny is.

Link is below, also, some other gems...

----

userinfo.gif?v=100.1ses1515

January 11 2013, 05:29:52 UTC Edited:  January 11 2013, 05:46:47 UTC

•  
  •  
Right and Penny and Leonard are soulmates LOL. Sheldon loans Penny Money and drives her to the hospital and teaches Penny physicics and helps her with Penny blossoms but Leonard and Penny are meant to be together? Yes that makes sense :( TPTB and actors sound out of it when they say Lenny are soulmates.

--------

http://sheldon-penny.livejournal.com/1420430.html#comments

Thats this weeks thread.

Here is last week where another member mentioned this forum...

userinfo.gif?v=100.1gamma12

January 10 2013, 23:41:16 UTC Edited:  January 10 2013, 23:54:47 UTC

•  
  •  
I dont know where all the Shamy fans came from- I am assuming many of them did not start watching till season 4 or watched it when it went to syndication and latched on to the Amy character. I haven't hung out in the Shamy world much so I don't know- are they Shamy people more attached to Amy? It seems like there are many Lenny people who really identify with Leonard and Penny is Leonards chosen one- hence Lenny. I was wondering if the same dynamic played into Shamy.

The Shamy fan base seems kinda fanatical and young- I wonder how long a shelf- life it will have? If they get what they want will they stick with the show or move on to the next thing? Will it become like Glee- hot for a while and then-poof. Does it then become a problem for the creators that they alienated the shows base who might have stuck with the show longer. I could see where the changes in Sheldon could alienate more than the S/P people. There seem to be a segment of the audience that didnt ship any pair they just liked Sheldon being an asexual character and/or dedicated to science.

As for the Shenny fans I think many have stopped watching the show. Also who wants to hang around forums where you are constantly harassed. I have read TBBT forum. It seems like alot of the same people posting- and there seems to be a fair amount of bulllying involved. There seems to be a certain segment of our population that cannot agree to disagree. It seemly pains them to have someone who does not share their point of view- so they harrass and belittle. Is it insecurity? I dont get it. I know someone who has posted on this board convinced them to start a S/P board there. I went and looked at it. It mostly consisted of a couple of I think Lenny people repeatedly posting how delusional the Shenny people are while some other posters rather patronizingly told them to leave the Shenny people to their delusions. One of the posters(a Shamite I think) wrote something along the lines of "woudl you tell a 6 year old girl playing tea with her dolls that its not real". I just shook my head when I read that. Dude, none of it is real. The writers of the show could wake up tomorrow and all of a sudden decide that the last two seasons were a nightmare Sheldon had after eating too much thai food(ala Dallas)- or Amys supposed shiek fiance says get married or lose funding. They could have the entire cast abducted by aliens- they can script anything- the characters are their puppets. And since the writers have shown that they are not above taking characters with well established character traits and and radically changing them to fit whatever storyline they have planned is any fanbase safe? So to hector people over how they percieve a fictional character seems absurd.
Edited by Slicknickshady

Yeah, the people in charge of TBBT can have the characters do anything that they want.  But according to everything that they have said, THEY DON"T WANT  IT!   A huge majority of the fans don't want it, the actors don't want it, and the people in charge don't want it. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the people in charge of TBBT can have the characters do anything that they want.  But according to everything that they have said, THEY DON"T WANT  IT!   A huge majority of the fans don't want it, the actors don't want it, and the people in charge don't want it. 

Outside of those facts, it's a done deal !! :icon_wink:

• Like 1

userinfo.gif?v=100.1stock2007

January 11 2013, 16:34:28 UTC

•  
  •  
I agree with almost all of what's been said, but you all keep forgetting one thing.The likes of Twitter etc and that other site the name of which I can never utter are full of Leonard worshippers. People who would look at a blank screen in the hope he was on. Yes the episodes are just fillers and for the most part are 'crap' but while they writers keep pushing P&L everyone is happy? I've just a very quiet talk with a Leonard lover who said the only reason the show got the 'Peoples Choice Award' was down to the P/L pairing!!

If you look really close at a Lenny shipper you can see the stitches just below the hairline

userinfo.gif?v=100.1lightningbolt12

January 11 2013, 12:45:42 UTC

•  
  •  
I hope the Lenny's start paying attention to his lines because this one was about her looks and a few episodes ago it was I could be having sex with my gf not hanging out with, Wake Up Lenny's, Leonard's true colors are being revealed and how he feels about and towards her, if the writers write this then it's time for you to get your heads out of the clouds.

-------------------------

They are so delusional.

More Delusional..

January 11 2013, 21:59:11 UTC

•  
  •  
I cringe when I hear Lenny are soulmates. TPTB and actors really need to stop with that nonsense. Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Harra were soulmates. The Lenny are a joke as well as the Shamy. Especially the Lenny are too lazy to look elsewhere.

What a dumb *****.

January 12 2013, 01:47:56 UTC

•  
  •  
Right. I always wonder what the writers are thinking when they have Leonard use these throw-away lines. We got something along the same line from him during the santa episode. After Sheldon thwarted his plans in the D&D game his lament was that he could have been having sex with his girlfriend- not spending time with her or being with her sex. And these are not the only examples- he has made it clear over and over that looks(and sex) are a very important part of the relationship for him. If the writers intend them to be a long term couple why do they keep throwing these lines out? Given this and Penny using sex to change the subject when things get too deep is it any wonder that some of us have a hard time seeing this relationship as anything but very superficial.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I feel kinda falttered that one of them said that the Shamy fanbase must be very young  :icon_lol:. I take it as a compliment at my age :p and most of the Shamy shippers I know are over 30, so thank you Shennies! 

having said that, Nick, please, we can discuss without you posting their opinions of their Livejournal here. It's not constructive at all, and it does feel like bullying them. Leave them alone to post whateaver they want there, it's their space. They are not trolling Lennie forums or anything, so, please, extend them the same courtesy.

• Like 5

I feel kinda falttered that one of them said that the Shamy fanbase must be very young  :icon_lol:. I take it as a compliment at my age :p and most of the Shamy shippers I know are over 30, so thank you Shennies! 

having said that, Nick, please, we can discuss without you posting their opinions of their Livejournal here. It's not constructive at all, and it does feel like bullying them. Leave them alone to post whateaver they want there, it's their space. They are not trolling Lennie forums or anything, so, please, extend them the same courtesy.

There is no need to revel in the current misery of the Shennys. Season six has been such an assault on their ship that several of the hard core are talking of stop watching the show because each episode is getting more painful.

As Sursonica says, they are not coming here to try to convince us we are wrong or to write venom at the seemingly ultimate victory of the canon couples. As far as they are concern, it was not a fair fight between Shenny vs Lenny and Shamy. And it wasn't, since TPTB swore that it never would be anything but what we are seeing now. What has caused them the most agony is the obvious elimination of any hint that there is even a deep friendship between Penny and Sheldon now. The writers have eliminated even the threads that they were hanging their ship on for the last season or so.

The phenomenal critical and ratings success of season six means there is no threat to the Lenny and Shamy so there is no need to kick Shennys when they are down. That's just cruel.

• Like 2

When they say BS like the following there is a reason.

---

January 12 2013, 01:01:35 UTC

•  
  •  
it seems that way keep them apart even as friends. I tweeted bill prady after the show if Sheldon and Penny are even friends anymore.

January 12 2013, 03:20:18 UTC

•  
  •  
Be careful you know how TPTB do not want to be questioned especially about the Shenny. I sometimes think the Shenny has been dropped just as punishment for not agreeing to the brillance of the Lenny and Shamy and being a fan of the Shenny.

January 12 2013, 03:39:33 UTC

•  
  •  
All I ask is is Sheldon and Penny are friends anymore, I didn't word shenny, I'm starting to think they got tired of all the shenny questions and decided this was it, look if they don't plan on shenny being a couple fine but don't take away this, we've been fans a lot longer than shamy and I see shamy breaking up, I thought Lenny was bad shamy is just pathetic, yeah Howard and Bernadette fans should feel very fortunate about them and its not like the rest of the show's couples.

January 12 2013, 03:52:13 UTC

•  
  •  
Right all I ask is the Shenny like before. While I would love to have them together I never counted on it and it was never a condition to watching the show. When you take the friendship and pretty much all the Shenny scenes away then all bets are off. Penny and Sheldon were two of the main characters so it's not like it's a request out of left field. There should be some loyalty to a long time fan base like Shenny fans especially to fans who not only watched the show but bought the DVD's and helped the show become a success.

January 12 2013, 04:01:39 UTC

•  
  •  
Yeah I know, it's not like two minor characters, those two are what built it to what it is. I never tought they'd be together on the show.

January 12 2013, 04:30:36 UTC

•  
  •  
I may not like it but I'm sure an argument can be made against the Shenny as a couple. I'd love to see one valid argument for removing the Shenny scenes.

January 12 2013, 04:34:23 UTC

•  
  •  
here is the "valid" argument....because they know that if they do any big Sheldon and Penny scenes, their chemistry will jump right off the screen, and we certainly cannot have that competing with the white hot love that is Lenny

Barfzinga

January 12 2013, 04:41:06 UTC

•  
  •  
Bingo! This is what TPTB do not want to admit to. The Lenny and any other character cannot compete when the Shenny is running full power. This is why IMO the Shenny has been severly clamped down since TADD episode. I'd love to think the reason is because TPTB want to shock eveyone and put Sheldon/Penny together down the line but that reason does not seem believable.

January 12 2013, 04:47:48 UTC

•  
  •  
Yeah, I was watching TADD the other day, and my mother, who is a casual TBBT watcher at best.....she only watches when I have it on and she has nothing else to do, she has not watched them in order, etc.....probably didn't even realize it was an older episode......asks me, "So...this means they're going to get together right?" She is no Shenny shipper. I don't think she even knows everyone's names. She barely watches the show. But she has eyes. You have to imagine that millions of other people out there have eyes too.

When I responded that nope, she has a boyfriend, and it's not him, she is like, "Well they are probably setting up for something more"

I just nodded along.....I wasn't in the mood to go into great detail about AFF and Lenny and all the drama.

January 12 2013, 04:56:18 UTC

•  
  •  
Right you watch TADD episode and think something is going to happen down the line with these two. The eyes never lie. They seemed like a classic couple in that episode. Let's dream and pretend Shenny will get together as a couple down line I still think it was a mistake to stop most of the Shenny since TADD. Loooking back I probably should have stopped watching after TADD.

And stuff like this.. When someone disses Leonard, all bets are off. These Shenny people act like they are so much better than the Shamy's and Leonard/Penny fans. That's what ticks me off. If they didnt act like they were better than us i would be more inclined to let it go.

-----------

January 12 2013, 04:06:51 UTC

•  
  •  
Yeah, do ya'll remember the Captain Good Guy episode? When Leonard cheats on Priya, but because he stopped himself from having sex, he actually viewed himself as some sort of virtuous saint?

That was the absolute epitome of douche-ness. He was emotionally cheating on Priya, and then goes so far as to pick up another woman, make out with her, and then, because he doesn't go all the way, he considers himself a nice guy. And, then, we find out that Priya cheated on him even worse, so that somehow buffered his wrong-doing, and let him off scot free.

I don't know how after all of this, the writers, and worse, the audience still insists on Leonard being the nice, normal guy of the group.

January 12 2013, 04:34:18 UTC

•  
  •  

He has kind of shown his colors on many occasions. Early in the series he hooked up with Stephanie- Howard's date. Now granted Stephanie was never going to go out with Howard, but he knew Howard would be hurt. So he picked a woman he just met over potentially losing a friend. He hooked up with Sheldons friend and Raj' s sister.

And the thing with Pryia and Alice was that he had the nerve to ask Penny how to have both of them while telling her that he and Pryia were in love.

Edited by Slicknickshady

I find it difficult to understand the criticism of Leonard because he thinks Penny is good looking and he actually likes to have sex with her.  I must also be a terrible person because I like having sex with my wife.   Well, either I am a terrible person, or........I"M A GUY!  Most guys like having sex.  I notice that the ones who mostly make this complaint seem to be women.  I have to wonder about their boyfriends or husbands, or if they actually have either.   I guess they must be much more "evolved" then me.   Well, I think that I would rather be the low life that I am because....I like sex.

Edited by rickfromillinois

There is no need to revel in the current misery of the Shennys. Season six has been such an assault on their ship that several of the hard core are talking of stop watching the show because each episode is getting more painful.

As Sursonica says, they are not coming here to try to convince us we are wrong or to write venom at the seemingly ultimate victory of the canon couples. As far as they are concern, it was not a fair fight between Shenny vs Lenny and Shamy. And it wasn't, since TPTB swore that it never would be anything but what we are seeing now. What has caused them the most agony is the obvious elimination of any hint that there is even a deep friendship between Penny and Sheldon now. The writers have eliminated even the threads that they were hanging their ship on for the last season or so.

The phenomenal critical and ratings success of season six means there is no threat to the Lenny and Shamy so there is no need to kick Shennys when they are down. That's just cruel.

This supposed "deep friendship" is also one of those things that the Shenny people have largely written into the couple themselves. For the most part Sheldon and Penny have always been written has two people who more often than not tolerate each others presence. They are friends but they are the kind of friends that can only spend a small portion of time together before each others "quirks" get on the others nerves enough where they want to kill each other. It's what makes their scenes so funny.

It seems at least some of them are making a probable connection to their past harassment of one of the main producers to the lack of any significant Sheldon/Penny scenes. But yet some of them are still asking them about it. What's funny, in reading some of those comments is that they come across as believing in the delusion that their group EVER represented a significant portion of the fan base. They've always been a vocal minority even back in the heyday when the Sheldon/Penny scenes were at their very best. That's because most people could tell the difference between comedic chemistry and romantic chemistry and know that the two don't always go hand in hand. 

• Like 6

This supposed "deep friendship" is also one of those things that the Shenny people have largely written into the couple themselves. For the most part Sheldon and Penny have always been written has two people who more often than not tolerate each others presence. They are friends but they are the kind of friends that can only spend a small portion of time together before each others "quirks" get on the others nerves enough where they want to kill each other. It's what makes their scenes so funny.   It seems at least some of them are making a probable connection to their past harassment of one of the main producers to the lack of any significant Sheldon/Penny scenes. But yet some of them are still asking them about it. What's funny, in reading some of those comments is that they come across as believing in the delusion that their group EVER represented a significant portion of the fan base. They've always been a vocal minority even back in the heyday when the Sheldon/Penny scenes were at their very best. That's because most people could tell the difference between comedic chemistry and romantic chemistry and know that the two don't always go hand in hand. 
Very well said. They tolerate each other. S/P comedic humor has no romantic component to it. S/P tend to act and treat each other as siblings more often then anything else. You can't make TPTB do something they don't want to do such as create the Romantic Shenny. A lot of the complaints of the Romantic Shennys has been that TPTB are terrible at writing romance. News flash could you imagine how terrible the writing would be for something that TPTB don't want to write. TBBT did not get popular just because of S/P. The show became popular because of the interaction of L/P/S along with H/R. I would strongly argue that the Leonard/Sheldon interaction has the best chemistry.
  • Like 6

We know they read these threads there at that LJ.

Hopefully they pay attention to what DPK and Carl just said...They won't pay attention...but they should.

And look, they don't pay attention and write this garbage. They blame it on Amy.

----------

melmay14

January 13 2013, 00:25:30 UTC

•  
  •  
I will say that ever since Amy has come into the picture, I have noticed Sheldon being more and more antagonistic toward Penny than ever before. He's been downright mean at times.

Now, people may not like them together as a couple, but they were great together as friends. He was friendly with her, cheerful even sometimes, trusted her.

Here are some moments that just had me shaking my head: Sheldon talks about how Leonard made him like Penny, and it was a hard road to hoe. Even though Sheldon was friendly with her quite quickly. Even though they spent time together without Leonard around. He tells her to keep eating, insinuating her mother is overweight, and that she will be too if she keeps eating. Sheldon for all his faults is a Southern gentleman, and I cannot imagine him ever disrespecting someone's mom like that. On their trip to Big Sur, he initially puts Amy in the main car and leaves Penny out, even though Penny is clearly closer to him and Leonard than she is to Raj and Howard. Oh of course let's not forget him discussing her sexual history in a public place. When Penny likens herself to being just a blonde monkey to him, he doesn't disagree with her. When she said she was moving back to Nebraska, he actually acts disappointed when she decides to stay (even though he previously loaned her money so that she would not have to move)

------

And not to mention this hilarity...

------

January 13 2013, 02:05:16 UTC

•  
  •  
Totally agree. Put Penny/Sheldon together and let the fans and critics see before everyone says it will never work. The Shenny does not have to be endgame but how can you not explorer them as a couple with that great chemistry? It's hard to believe Sheldon and Penny never thought what it would be like to be together even once. Hopefully Sheldon and Penny get at least one moment and it's much better than Raj/Penny. Just think if Lenny is endgame at least they can say they got past the Shenny and they did it without the Sheldon never getting a chance.
Edited by Slicknickshady