• YES
    • NO

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nick, my biggest complaint against this particular crusade of yours is: Boy, you are giving them too much free publicity!   I mean, think about it: there must be.... what?..... about a dozen of them

This is a very interesting post and I agree. But I also think that this season is building toward a shift in this current paradigm. I think a large part of Penny's insecurities and this most recent

When the show started, Penny was an outside observer of the two nerds across the hall and their two friends, She was both mystified and amused about their strange world, she had her own friends and ac

Posted Images

Hah! The chemistry between Sheldon and Penny is undeniable. The longer the show runs, the more likely these two will get together.

I deny it so it is not "undeniable". I have never seen the slightest romantic interest in either one of them for the other. Repeatedly Penny has treated Sheldon like a troublesome small child and Sheldon has treated Penny at best like a surrogate mother. The longer the show runs the less likely these two will ever get together, and there was never anything but the smallest chance of them ever getting together if that.

The creators, producers, writers, and actors have all said that it will never happen. Not only that, but some of them have reacted to the idea with obvious disgust or seem to have trouble understanding how anyone would even think it was a legitimate question.

Time for a reality check. It ain't ever going to happen.

Hah! The chemistry between Sheldon and Penny is undeniable. The longer the show runs, the more likely these two will get together.

Sorry, but I think it's probably the opposite. It could have happened earlier on, but the characters are so established now and they seem even less suited, than ever.

Also the writers do not take episode suggestions from fans due to potential copyright issues. This would be a minefield for a shenny storyline due to there being so much fan fiction out there. Chuck has also been hassled by some very aggressive shippers who have not helped this cause at all.

Yeah I don't think he's going to write a storyline and it's somewhere on fanfic, if you read ff at the top the author usually says not mine.

I think it would be really wrong if they do get together (which they won't) because of the way penny always babies sheldon.She doesn't think of him in that way!!

Also when Sheldon asked out penny, she didn't really take him seriously, which shows that she doesn't think of him in that way or think that he is capable of dating.

I think that Shenny shippers are quite within their rights to feel that it would have been nice to see it happen that way, to imagine and fantasize about it, and to read/write fan-fiction about it. But insisting that it may still actually happen, in canon, shows a peculiar kind of disconnect with the reality of the show.

• Like 1

I think that Shenny shippers are quite within their rights to feel that it would have been nice to see it happen that way, to imagine and fantasize about it, and to read/write fan-fiction about it. But insisting that it may still actually happen, in canon, shows a peculiar kind of disconnect with the reality of the show.

No one is saying next season maybe 3 seasons(if it's still on), i think the possibility was there but they were focused on the little nerd getting Penny instead because he saw her first and deserves her due to his childhood, no one deserves anything in the world you have go out and get it.

insisting that it may still actually happen, in canon, shows a peculiar kind of disconnect with the reality of the show.

Pffft. Tell that to Spike + Buffy shippers.

For years the Fundies (that particularly brainless rigid nasty group of rabid "canon"-worshippers, aka Bangels) insulted and derided the redemptionists and Spuffy fans.

Guess what? The show went where the Fundies were soooooo sure it would never go. Redemption happened. Spuffy happened. :icon_lol:

The Fundies, despite their years of increasingly nasty attacks on those fans who just preferred something different, ended up with a huge egg on their faces. :icon_lol:

Anything is possible. What is "delusion"? True delusion is thinking that only you have the crystal ball into the future and that only you know for a fact what will and what will not happen on a TV show. THAT'S delusion. :icon_biggrin:

insisting that it may still actually happen, in canon, shows a peculiar kind of disconnect with the reality of the show.

For years the Fundies (that particularly brainless rigid nasty group of rabid "canon"-worshippers, aka Bangels) insulted and derided the redemptionists and Spuffy fans.

Guess what? The show went where the Fundies were soooooo sure it would never go. Redemption happened. Spuffy happened. :icon_lol:

The Fundies, despite their years of increasingly nasty attacks on those fans who just preferred something different, ended up with a huge egg on their faces. :icon_lol:

Anything is possible. What is "delusion"? True delusion is thinking that only you have the crystal ball into the future and that only you know for a fact what will and what will not happen on a TV show. THAT'S delusion. :icon_biggrin:

Preach the choir.

Preach the choir.

I'm sorry but in what world can you compare buffy to TBBT.They are two completely different genres and the characters have very different personalities.

SHELDON AND PENNY WILL NEVER BE TOGETHER!!!(And that's for the best!)

Do you seriously think that the writers of tbbt would ever do that.

Firstly it would be the end of leonard and sheldons friendship(which is sort of the main relationship in the show).

Secondly it would be the end of penny and amys friendship,which has produced very funny episodes.It will also mean that there will be less of both amy and bernardette and they are very funny characters.

Whatever way you look at this , including shenny into the show would cause the producers to lose a lot of money!There may be alot of shenny shippers who participate in fan fictions and forums but that doesn't mean that all together there is a higher propotion of shenny shippers to shenny opposers who actually watch the show!!!

Lol at people comparing Buffy to the Big Bang Theory. LOL.

Shenny has been Dead since the beginning. Will never happen. The Creators and Cast/Crew think it's disgusting a gross.

It's delusional to think the creators are missleading people and that they are going to change there mind.

People forget that if Shenny happens, Leonard would disown sheldon and penny. And rightfully so. You don't date a friends Ex. It's against the code.

But that's not even the point, it won't get even close to that point to begin with. And You are foolish to think otherwise and will have the biggest eggs on your face for thinking it could still happen.

H

Heck, I think Big Bang and C-Bolt are the same person. Heck Africayellowcat is probably C-bolt as well. I think it's impossible for 3 episode to be that naive but maybe not.

I also find it hilarious they compare big bang theory to buffy. That is downright hilarious. Buffy was horrible compared to the big bang theory.

I don't believe he was comparing it to Buffy just giving an example.

So you admit there was a beginning, I didn't realize what they say is set in stone.

As for how Leonard will react how did he react to thinking Raj banged Penny, he really disowned Raj didn't he.

So you have to restort to name calling I don't call you a she even though you have little hearts at the bottom like a smitten teenage girl.

It's not true that the cast has never said anything positive about a potential romantic relationship. I recall an interview with Jim in which he said Penny and Sheldon hooking up would probably be a result of opposites attracting and that they have a unique chemistry in that they're magnetically drawn to and repelled from each other.

No one answered me, so I'll ask it again. I get not wanting Sheldon and Penny to happen. I'm with you. But why do some of the people opposed to it feel compelled to repeat themselves over and over again? Can't you discuss how "beautiful" and "flawless" Leonard and Penny are and leave the Shenny fans to it? Are they hurting you by having a different opinion? I don't get it.

I agree with you Baylee I understand they don't want it to happen for whatever reason(s) but to freak out like slick it's a little troubling and I hope "he" is calmer in real life.

It's not true that the cast has never said anything positive about a potential romantic relationship. I recall an interview with Jim in which he said Penny and Sheldon hooking up would probably be a result of opposites attracting and that they have a unique chemistry in that they're magnetically drawn to and repelled from each other.

No one answered me, so I'll ask it again. I get not wanting Sheldon and Penny to happen. I'm with you. But why do some of the people opposed to it feel compelled to repeat themselves over and over again? Can't you discuss how "beautiful" and "flawless" Leonard and Penny are and leave the Shenny fans to it? Are they hurting you by having a different opinion? I don't get it.

No, because they are not. They are flawed but aren't we all. Penny and Leonard represent the regular jo and people feel very passionately about their success, as they do about their own. They represent all the problems normal people have in a way Sheldon and Amy don't. Even Howard and Bernadette, although they have overcome obstacles, have more of a cartoon quality to their relationship that isn't as relatable.

• Like 1

Well, that's why "beautiful" and "flawless" were in quotations. I don't agree, but I see those sentiments tossed around an awful lot. It still doesn't answer the question of why certain people seem to want to discuss nothing but how "disgusting" and "creepy" Shenny is and how the people shipping it are a bunch of "delusional morons."

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I have no problem with people shipping Sheldon/Penny. I don't agree at all, but whateaver floats your boat. Anyone can ship whateaver they want

I do have an issue when people say that the Sheldon /Penny thing has already started and they are secretly in love and blah blah blah as well as the Leonard and Amy bashing just to justify why they want Penny/Sheldon. I mean, wish for it all you want but is not happening, at least not so far. That I DO have a problem with, since it is not on the show. Fanfiction is one thing, the show is another.

What really irks me though is the whole "I ship Shenny - Leonard is a jerk" or "I ship Shenny - Amy is creepy and ugly" is not a reason, it is an attack to other characters just for the sake of avoiding to provide a valid an elaborate reason to wish for that relationship to happen.. I mean, people have been hating on Amy ever since she showed up at the Season 3 finale.. and for how long was she onscreen.. like 2 minutes? and yet, a lot of the Shenny's started bashing her and saying how wrong she was for Sheldon how awful she was, etc, when nobody knew practically anything about her character yet and whether or not she would stay. I saw that and I still cannot understand it. And I honestly believe that if Amy wasn't introduced from the start as a romantic potential interest for Sheldon she wouldn't have gotten even a quarter of the hate she got and that still gets.

The same for Leonard. Nobody would hate him the way he is if he wasn't Penny's love interest. Let's be honest. Howard/Raj/Sheldon have the same amount of flaws as Leonard and yet, they don't get the hate Leonard does. Leonard cannot catch a break with some people. Everything he does is wrong and he is judged and bashed for actions and mistakes that the other characters also make. If he acts confident, "he's a jerk", if he doesn't, "he doesn't have a spine", The guy can't win.

I would very much prefer people to admit and be honest once and say they don't like Leonard because "he is in the way", the same for Amy, and stop with the whole gratituous bashing just to justify a preferred pairing.

I completely agree with Sursonica. That's the point.

This was the interview.

He said that Sheldon and Penny are polar opposites and that is why their SCENES together work wonderfully well. He did NOT say that they would hook up as a result of that. In the interview, he was clearly taken aback and confused by the idea, and said in so many words that on the show's side, they have NEVER tried to suggest any such attraction.

Ship away all you like, but don't put words in Jim's mouth.

No one answered me, so I'll ask it again. I get not wanting Sheldon and Penny to happen. I'm with you. But why do some of the people opposed to it feel compelled to repeat themselves over and over again?

Because some of you feel compelled to repeat your hate for other important characters based purely on your ship, over and over again. And sometimes for the writers and the show - they are torn apart for not going in a direction where they never intended to go in the first place.

• Like 1

Pomita is a G. Thank you.

I have no problem with people shipping Sheldon/Penny. I don't agree at all, but whateaver floats your boat. Anyone can ship whateaver they want

I do have an issue when people say that the Sheldon /Penny thing has already started and they are secretly in love and blah blah blah as well as the Leonard and Amy bashing just to justify why they want Penny/Sheldon. I mean, wish for it all you want but is not happening, at least not so far. That I DO have a problem with, since it is not on the show. Fanfiction is one thing, the show is another.

What really irks me though is the whole "I ship Shenny - Leonard is a jerk" or "I ship Shenny - Amy is creepy and ugly" is not a reason, it is an attack to other characters just for the sake of avoiding to provide a valid an elaborate reason to wish for that relationship to happen.. I mean, people have been hating on Amy ever since she showed up at the Season 3 finale.. and for how long was she onscreen.. like 2 minutes? and yet, a lot of the Shenny's started bashing her and saying how wrong she was for Sheldon how awful she was, etc, when nobody knew practically anything about her character yet and whether or not she would stay. I saw that and I still cannot understand it. And I honestly believe that if Amy wasn't introduced from the start as a romantic potential interest for Sheldon she wouldn't have gotten even a quarter of the hate she got and that still gets.

The same for Leonard. Nobody would hate him the way he is if he wasn't Penny's love interest. Let's be honest. Howard/Raj/Sheldon have the same amount of flaws as Leonard and yet, they don't get the hate Leonard does. Leonard cannot catch a break with some people. Everything he does is wrong and he is judged and bashed for actions and mistakes that the other characters also make. If he acts confident, "he's a jerk", if he doesn't, "he doesn't have a spine", The guy can't win.

I would very much prefer people to admit and be honest once and say they don't like Leonard because "he is in the way", the same for Amy, and stop with the whole gratituous bashing just to justify a preferred pairing.

Brilliant

This was the interview.

He said that Sheldon and Penny are polar opposites and that is why their SCENES together work wonderfully well. He did NOT say that they would hook up as a result of that. In the interview, he was clearly taken aback and confused by the idea, and said in so many words that on the show's side, they have NEVER tried to suggest any such attraction.

No, that was not the interview, so don't accuse me of putting words into Jim's mouth.

The interview was with Access Hollywood's Laura Saltman (Paley Festival). I'm sure you can YT it. He said what I earlier quoted nearly word for word.

Yes, he'd be shocked if it happened, but the writers have shocked him before. He says that, if Sheldon and Penny were to get together, it'd be because of opposites attracting. He then goes on to say they're magentically drawn to and repelled from each other.

And for the record, I only like Sheldon and Penny in FF, as I've stated many times. I just think certain people sound like broken records in spite of the fact that their repeated slams to Shenny won't make someone who ships them suddenly stop.

Sursonica, I appreciate the response, but I still have to wonder why. Sometimes, I think people build such intense emotional attachments to fictional characters, incapable of experiencing pain, that they forget it's pitting them against real people, capable of (and likely) experiencing some degree of pain as a result of repeatedly being told they're stupid, sick or delusional.

Just saying.

Not sure they are flawed when they have so much in common, their background for starters.

As for Leonard he hasn't progressed throughout as I believe it Howard he was much more fun when he had no hope.

I just don't get l/p or the "hype" of them much less why they are together, I can't think of one reason as to why they're together and they don't seem to have anything in common, normally a couple needs to have things in common so they have things to do together and things to talk about, I gave them a chance watched all the seasons DVDs last summer and just didn't see it and thus became a Shenny even if I didn't I'd stillfeel the same about l/p and realized the chemistry shenny has. The only reason I can think of as why people like l/p is the can relate to Leonard either they were like him or still are, they want the nerd to get the girl for once, in high school were Leonard and dreamed of what it would be like to be with the cheerleader for once who probably didn't even know their name even though they had classes together and went to the same school for years yet didn't know their name this is the only reason I can think of.

Why I like Shenny, she prefers smart guys, will always be honest with her, non judgemental, able to stand up to her when need be, he's tall and she can wear high heels, not intimidated by her tomboyish abilities, her strengths are his weakness and vise versa, she realizes on him in need of support, they come from the same background, their chemistry is remarkable.

Leonard and Penny was by default, she wasn't going to be with Raj who's mute. Howard is creppy and Sheldon is well Sheldon, just from watching the pilot.

If I was writing for the show I'd put Leonard with Dr. Stephanie together she's been the best for him and plus the actress lost a lot of weight so she'd be hot enough for him, and if Sheldon isn't an option I'd bring in someone new and have Penny date a smart guy who also is tall and athletic build and good looking which is her type and told Leonard he ruined her for dumb guys

This was the interview.

No, that was not the interview, so don't accuse me of putting words into Jim's mouth.

The interview was with Access Hollywood's Laura Saltman (Paley Festival). I'm sure you can YT it. He said what I earlier quoted nearly word for word.

Yes, he'd be shocked if it happened, but the writers have shocked him before. He says that, if Sheldon and Penny were to get together, it'd be because of opposites attracting. He then goes on to say they're magentically drawn to and repelled from each other.

And for the record, I only like Sheldon and Penny in FF, as I've stated many times. I just think certain people sound like broken records in spite of the fact that their repeated slams to Shenny won't make someone who ships them suddenly stop.

Sursonica, I appreciate the response, but I still have to wonder why. Sometimes, I think people build such intense emotional attachments to fictional characters, incapable of experiencing pain, that they forget it's pitting them against real people, capable of (and likely) experiencing some degree of pain as a result of repeatedly being told they're stupid, sick or delusional.

Just saying.

Ok, sorry. This one.

He says roughly the same things in both interviews (and note that both were from around the time of Vegas Normalization). The only additional phrase he says is that if they were a romantic couple, it would have to be in the vein of 'opposites attract'.

The question was being forced on him in every interview. He had to try analyzing the shipper's perspective too (like Kaley saying 'they want what they can't have?') And his disbelief of the whole idea was pretty well reflected here too, when he went 'this is really going on?!' and 'that would shock me' in the beginning.