PENNY AND SHELDON MAYBE?

bigfan89

Penny & Sheldon a Couple  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Penny & Sheldon a Couple

• YES
    • NO

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Not sure they are flawed when they have so much in common, their background for starters.

As for Leonard he's progressed throughout as I believe it Howard he was much more fun when he had no hope.

As for the reason I like shenny. I just don't get l/p or the "hype" of them much less why they are together, I can't think of one reason as to why they're together and they don't seem to have anything in common, normally a couple needs to have things in common so they have things to do together and things to talk about, I gave them a chance watched all the seasons DVDs last summer and just didn't see it and thus became a Shenny even if I didn't I'd stillfeel the same about l/p and realized the chemistry shenny has. The only reason I can think of as why people like l/p is the can relate to Leonard either they were like him or still are, they want the nerd to get the girl for once, in high school were Leonard and dreamed of what it would be like to be with the cheerleader for once who probably didn't even know their name even though they had classes together and went to the same school for years yet didn't know their name this is the only reason I can think of.

Leonard and Penny was by default, she wasn't going to be with Raj who's mute. Howard is creppy and Sheldon is well Sheldon, just from watching the pilot.

Cbolt, you are actually making my point here. You started saying "Why I like Shenny" but went on about LP and why you dislike them. You are not saying why you like Shenny, you are just ranting about how much you dislike another pairing.

Talk about the Shenny and why do you want them to happen and that's ok, but you are not doing that, you are just ranting on something else. And that is what happens a lot of times. And that is precisely what I was talking about. I would love to have a real and civilized discussion on the pros and cons of a hipothetical Sheldon/Penny relationship, but it always turns into a Lenny/Shamy hate fest instead of discussing S/P.

Regarding Jim and those interviews, he is trying to be polite and trying to understand or articulate what he thinks those fans like about a hipothetical Shenny pairing. But if you have seen other Jim interviews he clearly isn't keen on the idea, just like Kaley was in the same interview. The interviewer kept forcing the question and sorta like trying to convince him and they were trying to be nice. Jim manages to do it better than Kaley though. Kaley looks really weirded out when talking about it.

if you see some other Jim interviews when he talks about Shamy though, they are very different. In the Actor on Actor interview with Mayim he went on saying "I am pulling for us to be together, whateaver this is, I like this" (that interview was filmed around the time they did The Agreement Dissection)

and well, some people say it doesn't count since it was an offiicial interview, but then you have Jim here: "I love the way it's been going, etc"
or here where he says that people might not find it romantic but that Sheldon is speaking from the heart and showing growth:
and some other written interviews when he talks more about it. It is completely different the way that he expresses himself and that has to do pretty much with him being confortable and liking the Shamy relationship while not really understanding a Sheldon/Penny pairing.
  • Like 1

Not sure they are flawed when they have so much in common, their background for starters.

As for Leonard he's progressed throughout as I believe it Howard he was much more fun when he had no hope.

As for the reason I like shenny. I just don't get l/p or the "hype" of them much less why they are together, I can't think of one reason as to why they're together and they don't seem to have anything in common, normally a couple needs to have things in common so they have things to do together and things to talk about, I gave them a chance watched all the seasons DVDs last summer and just didn't see it and thus became a Shenny even if I didn't I'd stillfeel the same about l/p and realized the chemistry shenny has. The only reason I can think of as why people like l/p is the can relate to Leonard either they were like him or still are, they want the nerd to get the girl for once, in high school were Leonard and dreamed of what it would be like to be with the cheerleader for once who probably didn't even know their name even though they had classes together and went to the same school for years yet didn't know their name this is the only reason I can think of.

Leonard and Penny was by default, she wasn't going to be with Raj who's mute. Howard is creppy and Sheldon is well Sheldon, just from watching the pilot.

Cbolt, you are actually making my point here. You started saying "Why I like Shenny" but went on about LP and why you dislike them. You are not saying why you like Shenny, you are just ranting about how much you dislike another pairing.

Talk about the Shenny and why do you want them to happen and that's ok, but you are not doing that, you are just ranting on something else. And that is what happens a lot of times. And that is precisely what I was talking about. I would love to have a real and civilized discussion on the pros and cons of a hipothetical Sheldon/Penny relationship, but it always turns into a Lenny/Shamy hate fest instead of discussing S/P.

Also, Leonard and Penny having hardly anything in common simply cannot be an argument in favor of liking Sheldon and Penny together. They have even less in common. One really has to believe in 'polar opposites attract' to be able to believe in Shenny at all. So the above is sounding pretty confused to me.

That wasn't a rant and you must have forgot the part where I said they have amazing chemistry.

That wasn't a rant and you must have forgot the part where I said they have amazing chemistry.

well, it did read like a rant. Complaining about something is ranting. And yes, you said chemistry...while saying that LP has none, so it didn't read as a Shenny reason, but rather as a comparison, but ok, I'll take it:

is that the ONLY reason then?

Leonard and Penny (Johnny and Kaley) have more amazing chemistry.

And why do you want Sheldon with Penny c-bolt? Let me guess. To get the girl. You are just a hypocrite c-bolt. That youtube video just reinforces how dumb shenny shippers are. They think that video is pro shenny? LOL.

Oh were going there again so you can call me a hyrocrite but I can't or you'll flip out.

I don't call you dumb even though it's crossed my mind, as for why I want shenny together isn't so he can "get the girl" like Leonard would, he wouldn't look at her as some conquest like Leonard would/does as something he couldn't get in hs(Sheldon's academic schooling was over at the same time), the reasoning I want them is because of their chemistry not so he get her like she's some prize.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same show. Leonard only wants to be with Penny so that he can say that he "got the girl"? Where did that come from? He looks at Penny as some conquest? Really? When did he EVER imply that? Is that why he keeps telling her that he loves her?

Let's look at the entire sentence:"shenny together isn't so he can "get the girl" like Leonard would, he wouldn't look at her as some conquest like Leonard would/does as something he couldn't get in hs(Sheldon's academic schooling was over at the same time), the reasoning I want them is because of their chemistry not so he get her like she's some prize".

What does the part about Sheldon's academic schooling have to do with the rest of the sentence? If that is supposed to be some kind of a cheap shot, Leonard got his PHD at 23. That is still very very good. I can't believe that anyone would try to say that he is some kind of a loser because of that.

As for the earlier mentioned common background between Sheldon and Penny as a reason they should be together, outside of them both growing up in a western state, what do they have in common? Penny grew up on a farm, Sheldon grew up in the suburbs/city. Penny was in junior rodeo, Sheldon was not into outdoor activities. This doesn't make sense.

It's true though. Tell me how that youtube video is pro shenny? It's not.

Seriously, i'm amazed they have said as many negative things about Shenny as they have. Usually the actors and cast/crew are PC about ships they don't like and they don't deny the possibility even if theres no way it will happen.

I mean it's awesome how Kaley will speak her mind and call it "Gross" or say "Whats wrong with those people" who ship it and it's awesome that the creators will state that it "won't ever happen:.

So you think it means anything that you find a video where nothing positive or negative is said about it.

So let's be real. It's something else that they are as open as they are about Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Penny.

According to Kaley and Johnny when they talk about Lenny "They are the loves of each others lives" and etc. And the creators basically say the same thing. That they love each other. Bill Prady said it as recently as after this last finale. That "the question isnt rather or not Leonard and Penny love each other..."

So for those who say Penny doesn't love Leonard. Bill Prady implies otherwise.

You can post as many quotes to try and prove your point I know it's hard for you simple mind to grasp just because someone says something now they may feel diffent in the future.

Penny and Leonard being loves of their lifes please maybe from Leonard, or maybe Prady just likes writing them like they did/do.

Penny may love Leonard but not in love.

Oh were going there again so you can call me a hyrocrite but I can't or you'll flip out.

I don't call you dumb even though it's crossed my mind, as for why I want shenny together isn't so he can "get the girl" like Leonard would, he wouldn't look at her as some conquest like Leonard would/does as something he couldn't get in hs(Sheldon's academic schooling was over at the same time), the reasoning I want them is because of their chemistry not so he get her like she's some prize.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same show. Leonard only wants to be with Penny so that he can say that he "got the girl"? Where did that come from? He looks at Penny as some conquest? Really? When did he EVER imply that? Is that why he keeps telling her that he loves her?

Let's look at the entire sentence:"shenny together isn't so he can "get the girl" like Leonard would, he wouldn't look at her as some conquest like Leonard would/does as something he couldn't get in hs(Sheldon's academic schooling was over at the same time), the reasoning I want them is because of their chemistry not so he get her like she's some prize".

What does the part about Sheldon's academic schooling have to do with the rest of the sentence? If that is supposed to be some kind of a cheap shot, Leonard got his PHD at 23. That is still very very good. I can't believe that anyone would try to say that he is some kind of a loser because of that.

As for the earlier mentioned common background between Sheldon and Penny as a reason they should be together, outside of them both growing up in a western state, what do they have in common? Penny grew up on a farm, Sheldon grew up in the suburbs/city. Penny was in junior rodeo, Sheldon was not into outdoor activities. This doesn't make sense.

Well leonard's behavior in the pilot I didn't really know he has to say something for you to believe it, just because he has said he loves her doesn't mean he doesn't want the girl.

Well you got confused, penny is the cheerleader he couldn't have in high school and Sheldon didn't go to high school and I've never heard Leonard got his phd at 23 or mentioned on the show.

Sheldon did not grow up in the suburbs and you might want to research Omaha, they're not western states, yes Penny is a junior rodeo champ but Sheldon can shoot close enough to a racoon where it will crap it self, they both come from what would be describe as a white trash/redneck family.

If Penny and Leonard are the "loves of their lives" the writer have a interesting way of showing it or just don't know how to write them or a couple.

Now, not so much. But for the first few seasons of the show, all the cared about was sleeping with her. He directly stated a few times he hoped his actions would lead to a sexual relationship. And when they did date, he lied about who he was and what he liked to do on their dates just so he could get laid. I think he has evolved some since then in his feelings for her. But at first, yeah, he just wanted the conquest.

It doesn't change that he still wants to get the girl his reasons has changed but the premise is still there.

Totally, his motivations are completely different than when he first met her.

A common argument from some Sheldon / Penny supporters is that Leonard and Penny have nothing in common. They then say Sheldon would be a better match for Penny because they have so much in common. So, I thought I would try and list some of their traits and interests and see if this is true.

SHELDON’S TRAITS:

Sheldon is compulsively neat and organized; Sheldon has (selective) germ phobias; Sheldon is frugal with his money; Sheldon’s existence is extremely structured; Sheldon is averse to physical contact (even with himself); Sheldon is intellectual and logical (though OCD behaviors tend to be illogical); Sheldon tries to be unemotional; Sheldon is without empathy; Sheldon places himself and his interests before those of others; Sheldon is saddened by stupid people; Sheldon is atheistic, though informed about and tolerant of religions; Sheldon is dismissive of things, activities and interests that don’t appeal to him or line up with his worldview

SHELDON’S INTERESTS:

Science; Science Fiction; Video Games; Comic Books; Trains; Computers; Technology; Collectible Toys Related To Science Fiction; Sheldon

PENNY’S TRAITS:

Penny is slovenly and disorganized; Penny has no issue with germs or bugs, though she says she doesn’t like to get dirty; Penny spends in excess of her income; Penny lives in the moment; Penny enjoys physical contact; Penny is very empathetic; Penny believes in supernatural and mystical forces; Penny is ruled by her emotions; Penny is non-religious, though she frequently uses deific appeals in her speech

PENNY’S INTERESTS:

Acting; Romantic Movies; Dancing; Popular Music; Clothes and Shoes; Care Bears and Beanie Babies; Men and Sex; Drinking Alcohol

I am sure that there are a great many things missing from both lists. But looking at them I really don’t see many commonalities. I have not composed a similar list for Leonard but I’m not sure there would be any more compatibility between him and Penny. One major difference is that Leonard is a little more open to new ideas and activities. But, not a whole lot more.

From a compatibility or common interest perspective neither, Sheldon or Leonard, appears to be any kind of match for Penny. Leonard, however, wants to be in a relationship with Penny. Leonard is not critical or judgmental towards Penny. Leonard wants to be with her, spend time with her and is willing to try to make a relationship with her workable. Sheldon is extremely critical of Penny (and everyone else but Amy), her lifestyle, her career, her sexual habits, her intelligence, and frequently comments on how much time she spends in his apartment. He maintains an air of superiority towards her and is discomfited anytime she gains the upper hand in their interactions. Any relationship with Sheldon would be on Sheldon’s terms. Penny’s relationship with Leonard is on Penny’s terms. Leonard’s relationship with both of them is on their terms, not his. Leonard is an appeaser. This is also the approach Amy is taking with Sheldon. Sheldon and Penny are both assertive and demanding. Someone would have to change for them to make a relationship work. Neither seems to be the type to do so.

Is a Shenny relationship impossible? Of course not, as they are fictional characters on a television show. Season six could start with Sheldon taking up bull riding and Penny being accepted into Harvard Law School. All it takes is the creative minds behind the scenes writing it into a script. Both would be illogical and completely out of character for the ‘people’ we have come to know; but, not much more so than having the two of them developing a romantic interest in one another.

• Like 1

A common argument from some Sheldon / Penny supporters is that Leonard and Penny have nothing in common. They then say Sheldon would be a better match for Penny because they have so much in common. So, I thought I would try and list some of their traits and interests and see if this is true.

SHELDON’S TRAITS:

Sheldon is compulsively neat and organized; Sheldon has (selective) germ phobias; Sheldon is frugal with his money; Sheldon’s existence is extremely structured; Sheldon is averse to physical contact (even with himself); Sheldon is intellectual and logical (though OCD behaviors tend to be illogical); Sheldon tries to be unemotional; Sheldon is without empathy; Sheldon places himself and his interests before those of others; Sheldon is saddened by stupid people; Sheldon is atheistic, though informed about and tolerant of religions; Sheldon is dismissive of things, activities and interests that don’t appeal to him or line up with his worldview

SHELDON’S INTERESTS:

Science; Science Fiction; Video Games; Comic Books; Trains; Computers; Technology; Collectible Toys Related To Science Fiction; Sheldon

PENNY’S TRAITS:

Penny is slovenly and disorganized; Penny has no issue with germs or bugs, though she says she doesn’t like to get dirty; Penny spends in excess of her income; Penny lives in the moment; Penny enjoys physical contact; Penny is very empathetic; Penny believes in supernatural and mystical forces; Penny is ruled by her emotions; Penny is non-religious, though she frequently uses deific appeals in her speech

PENNY’S INTERESTS:

Acting; Romantic Movies; Dancing; Popular Music; Clothes and Shoes; Care Bears and Beanie Babies; Men and Sex; Drinking Alcohol

I am sure that there are a great many things missing from both lists. But looking at them I really don’t see many commonalities. I have not composed a similar list for Leonard but I’m not sure there would be any more compatibility between him and Penny. One major difference is that Leonard is a little more open to new ideas and activities. But, not a whole lot more.

From a compatibility or common interest perspective neither, Sheldon or Leonard, appears to be any kind of match for Penny. Leonard, however, wants to be in a relationship with Penny. Leonard is not critical or judgmental towards Penny. Leonard wants to be with her, spend time with her and is willing to try to make a relationship with her workable. Sheldon is extremely critical of Penny (and everyone else but Amy), her lifestyle, her career, her sexual habits, her intelligence, and frequently comments on how much time she spends in his apartment. He maintains an air of superiority towards her and is discomfited anytime she gains the upper hand in their interactions. Any relationship with Sheldon would be on Sheldon’s terms. Penny’s relationship with Leonard is on Penny’s terms. Leonard’s relationship with both of them is on their terms, not his. Leonard is an appeaser. This is also the approach Amy is taking with Sheldon. Sheldon and Penny are both assertive and demanding. Someone would have to change for them to make a relationship work. Neither seems to be the type to do so.

Is a Shenny relationship impossible? Of course not, as they are fictional characters on a television show. Season six could start with Sheldon taking up bull riding and Penny being accepted into Harvard Law School. All it takes is the creative minds behind the scenes writing it into a script. Both would be illogical and completely out of character for the ‘people’ we have come to know; but, not much more so than having the two of them developing a romantic interest in one another.

great post! all of it! I completely agree and those are part of the reasons why I wouldn't buy or believe a relationship between those two characters.

SHELDON’S TRAITS:

SHELDON’S INTERESTS:

PENNY’S TRAITS:

PENNY’S INTERESTS:

I'm at least glad you said you were going to make a list but he wouldn't be very compatible either, she probably shouldn't date either the only difference at the moment is he wants the girl.

though she frequently uses deific appeals in her speech, huh? unless you're talking about when she says oh god if not, she doesn't talk religion or appear to be.

I have a problem you say Leonard isn't critical or judgemental of Penny, are you kidding me, where have you been?

Let me guess, it's the whole "Leonard is terrible to Penny because he made fun of her believing in astrology" thing, isn't it? There is so much that he could be critical of her on, and isn't, such as loose morals, poor money management, excessive drinking, stealing services (wifi), stealing from Good Will, being a slob, and mooching meals. Leonard doesn't criticize her for any of those things. But he has problems believing that anyone is serious about astrology and he is a bad person. One episode in how many years? Maybe she should just run to Sheldon's arms, he never criticizes her for anything. (Imagine me holding up a sarcasm sign at this point).

Other than the psychic/astrology issue, I don't recall any time where he was critical or judgemental. Fact is, Leonard is much more accepting of Penny than Sheldon.

Neither is a good match for her, and TBBT doesn't need any new, regularly appearing characters.

Other than the psychic/astrology issue, I don't recall any time where he was critical or judgemental. Fact is, Leonard is much more accepting of Penny than Sheldon.

Neither is a good match for her, and TBBT doesn't need any new, regularly appearing characters.

I agree.

He starts to be critical of her many many times, then stops himself in time...

He starts to be critical of her many many times, then stops himself in time...

Agreed. Sheldon doesn't stop himself. He just lets her have it.

Let me guess, it's the whole "Leonard is terrible to Penny because he made fun of her believing in astrology" thing, isn't it? There is so much that he could be critical of her on, and isn't, such as loose morals, poor money management, excessive drinking, stealing services (wifi), stealing from Good Will, being a slob, and mooching meals. Leonard doesn't criticize her for any of those things. But he has problems believing that anyone is serious about astrology and he is a bad person. One episode in how many years? Maybe she should just run to Sheldon's arms, he never criticizes her for anything. (Imagine me holding up a sarcasm sign at this point).

Oh shut up look in the mirror before you critize someone, I have no problem with Leonard not believing in astrology but his behavior was unacceptable, you act like Leonard is some saint and has such high morals, guess what he doesn't, maybe he should get a medal for not just being her friend/neighbor but putting up with her while they dated(sarcasm), why don't he get back together with Priya with their "perfect morals" and they can be happy together.

Is Sheldon critical or is it stating facts? To me or you it might come off as being critical.

Oh shut up look in the mirror before you critize someone, I have no problem with Leonard not believing in astrology but his behavior was unacceptable, you act like Leonard is some saint and has such high morals, guess what he doesn't, maybe he should get a medal for not just being her friend/neighbor but putting up with her while they dated(sarcasm), why don't he get back together with Priya with their "perfect morals" and they can be happy together.

He was a douche, yes... but I am totally accepting of his behavior in that scene. It was one of the few times we ever see Leonatd truly being Leonard in front of Penny and not just saying what he thinks he should be saying to her. I was proud of him.

So you were proud of him being a douche? I had no problem disagreeing with her views but he went about the wrong way and look bad in her eyes.

I was proud of him being himself, stating his true opinion without passing it through a "Penny filter" so he doesn't say anything to make her upset.

Posts have yet again had to be deleted from this thread. Can we please keep the discussion about the topic at hand and not about other users or the opposing "faction" in this debate. Referring to other members derogatorily or referring to the opposing team derogatorily will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

So you were proud of him being a douche? I had no problem disagreeing with her views but he went about the wrong way and look bad in her eyes.

A scientist having trouble believing that someone actually believes in astrology is not being a douche, he's being a man of science and reason. If it offends someone like Penny that much she could always stop going over to Leonard and Sheldon's apartment. Since she didn't stop going over and she is dating Leonard again so obviously she didn't think he was acting like a douche. Either that or she wants Leonard so badly that she is willing to overlook his "douche" like behavior. Maybe she just isn't that sensitive.

Oh shut up? What a comeback! Look in the mirror before I criticize (correct way to spell the word) someone? Who was I criticizing? Why don't (should be doesn't) he get back together with Priya.......... He doesn't get back together with Priya because he is now with Penny, although Priya would be a much better match for him. Evidently Penny wants to be with Leonard. I guess she just has low standards or she just wants some of that good physicist loving (holding up sarcasm sign).

• 3 weeks later...

It will never happen.

tumblr_m43evt15I41r208zko1_250.gif

I´ve seen the interview where this gif is from and this is excactly what Kaley said.

I`ll found the link to this interview by the way. It was taken in the hiatus between Season 4 and 5.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose