The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Redfish1611

Big Bang Irony

In episode 7 (107) Sheldon tells Penny about how you shouldntt sleep with your head facing the door, but in episode 5 (105) Sheldon sleeps on the couch facing the door,(because he cant get to sleep because Leonard agrees to have sex with Leslie Winkle) he's doing it he sleeps with his head facing the door :icon_eek: the director should really link these things lol and fix them, unless he just through that in.....

O

o

)>(FSIHER'')

Ya know, I have been thinking about a couple of things I just don't understand....If Leonard and Sheldon are physics scientists, out of uni, with advanced degrees working at Cal-Tech why are they not making more money than a waitress??? It seems as though Penny, who works originally at the Cheesecake Factory, can afford her own apartment, but Leonard and Sheldon apparently can't??? How come everyone in the show "Got Busy" at one time or another, but Sheldon, who is the cutest/best looking gets left out? ( Well, okay, he IS a complete geek and hard to get along with but why leave him out? Doesn't seem fair.

another one is at the end of episode 7 is when raj talks in the prezent of 4 hot girls but the other epsisode he cant talk in pennys apartment he has to wisper this is not clever

In The Fuzzy Boots Corollary, when the guys are discussing if Sheldon is a robot, Sheldon says that he has never "harmed a human being or, through inaction, caused a human being to come to harm." However, in the pilot, as Sheldon and Leonard are walking up the stairs, Sheldon says that he once did a series of experiments that resulted in his father breaking his clavicle. Seems like that would count as "harm." Whatever increase in pay the writers may have negotiated with the strike, it is not enough. New media, DVD, etc. has made the writers' job that much more difficult. Now that we fans can pick through episodes and find the smallest inconsistency, we seem to demand a much higher level of continuity than viewers did in the past, when minute detail would be forgotten week to week and season to season. Now, if Leonard ever eats a dairy product, after mention was made in the pilot if him being lactose intolerant, someone is going to notice, care, and probably post it to a fan site.

Yes but Sheldon only slept with his head towards the door because he inadvertently fell asleep. If he had been making a temporary bed like Penny he would have had his head away from the door.

ah but subconsciously no one falls asleep in away there brain says is unsafe if he was falling asleep he would of fell alseep the correct way and if he just fell asleep why was the tv off why was there a pillow under his head and why did he have a blanket on? papsmear081 ur theory is floored :(

if he was falling asleep he would of fell alseep the correct way

When you're falling asleep you can't dictate what happens to you, you just doze off regardless of where you are or what you are doing. Why would he make a temporary bed on the sofa? If he was tired he would have just gone to his bedroom.

if he just fell asleep why was the tv off

Maybe he hadn't been watching the TV.

why was there a pillow under his head

It wasn't a pillow, it was just a cushion on the sofa. His head was also partially resting on Leslie Winkle's violin case which further reinforces the fact that he accidentally fell asleep. You wouldn't purposefully go to sleep on a violin case - it would be extremely uncomfortable.

why did he have a blanket on?

He probably just got cold while he was sat on the couch wondering what to do.

papsmear081 ur theory is floored :(

Surely you mean my theory is flawed? Which it isn't.

Sheldon slept "incorrectly" in the episode to indicate that he had fallen asleep accidentally, rather than having deliberately chosen to sleep on the couch. We'll miss some from time to time, but we didn't miss this one. Bill

I think he was more distraught at the fact that he didn't know what to do involving the actions in the bedroom. And about the money, they probably realize it is cheaper for them to share an apartment then to pay more for individual ones. After all they are geeks and eBay has so many lovely things...

If Leonard and Sheldon are physics scientists' date=' out of uni, with advanced degrees working at Cal-Tech why are they not making more money than a waitress??? It seems as though Penny, who works originally at the Cheesecake Factory, can afford her own apartment, but Leonard and Sheldon apparently can't???[/quote']

In fairness, the apartment that Leonard and Sheldon live in is considerably larger than Penny's.

Sheldon: Anyway it occurs to me, if I ever did perfect the time machine, I would just go into the past and give it to myself. Blatant contradiction to Sheldon explaining to Leonard why Leonard wouldn't be able to "un-bid" for the time machinhe :) The biggest irony though IMO, is that these guys are portrayed being so articulate. On the contrary I find brilliant Scientists, especially creative Nobel Laureates are not so verbally oriented/talented. They tend to think pictorially.

another one is at the end of episode 7 is when raj talks in the prezent of 4 hot girls but the other epsisode he cant talk in pennys apartment he has to wisper this is not clever

Raj is unaware of the women, ergo, his neurosis isn't triggered and his speech is not inhibited.

The biggest irony though IMO, is that these guys are portrayed being so articulate. On the contrary I find brilliant Scientists, especially creative Nobel Laureates are not so verbally oriented/talented. They tend to think pictorially.

Most Nobel laureates don't have a crew of writers working underpaid hours for them :icon_lol:

in the last episode of season one when penny is eating ice cream and puts chocolate syrup in it she spills some off the side then it cuts to leonard and back the chocolate syrup is gone

in the last episode of season one when penny is eating ice cream and puts chocolate syrup in it she spills some off the side then it cuts to leonard and back the chocolate syrup is gone

She licked it off?

whatever happens it isn't shown. she squrts it in the tub gets a spoonful and starts eating syrup is mysteriously gone just watched it again to be sure

Haha! yeah, I noticed that ice cream bit. There's a lot of other little things like that in the show. Clothes get folded twice. French toast has more batter on it in the next take. Stuff like that. :) And the time traveling error drives me crazy every time I see the episode!!! I'm always shouting at the screen: "That's a paradox!! You can't do that!! Reapers will eat you!" lol I watch too much Doctor Who. :p I yelled at The Lakehouse for the same reason.

Ya know, I have been thinking about a couple of things I just don't understand....If Leonard and Sheldon are physics scientists, out of uni, with advanced degrees working at Cal-Tech why are they not making more money than a waitress??? It seems as though Penny, who works originally at the Cheesecake Factory, can afford her own apartment, but Leonard and Sheldon apparently can't???

How come everyone in the show "Got Busy" at one time or another, but Sheldon, who is the cutest/best looking gets left out? ( Well, okay, he IS a complete geek and hard to get along with but why leave him out? Doesn't seem fair.

I saw an ad recently of a large university here in the midwest that was looking for an instructor the degree requirment was PhD in either math or physics the salary was $32K thats $16 an hour. Now if a waitress runs 8 tables and makes a $5 tip on each table and flips all 8 every 2 hours that still comes out to $20 an hour besides what passes for minnimum wage in the food industry. From personal experience working as a bartender I would pull 25 an hour in tips on a friday or saturday night and the females I worked with did ALOT more than that.

Since we are on this subject, the biggest error I saw in all the show was in Season 1 Episode 2 when Penny goes in Leonard's apartment to get angry at them.

When Penny says to Sheldon : "What kind of doctor removes shoes from asses?", she looks at him directly with her arms down in one frame, with 1 hand on the hip in another she has her 2 hands on her hips, all of this in a 3-4 seconds interval. Feels really akward.

But it's a REALLY SMALL dent on a perfect show. Can't wait for November 2nd.

Even movies with extremely expensive productions have bloopers, even worse than the ones you mentioned (not counting the couch one: he fell asleep without realizing it), so I am OK with them and I don't think that they lower the quality of the show.

Also, I have this thing with bloopers, I never notice them, even if when they are obvious!

I saw an ad recently of a large university here in the midwest that was looking for an instructor the degree requirment was PhD in either math or physics the salary was $32K thats $16 an hour. Now if a waitress runs 8 tables and makes a $5 tip on each table and flips all 8 every 2 hours that still comes out to $20 an hour besides what passes for minnimum wage in the food industry. From personal experience working as a bartender I would pull 25 an hour in tips on a friday or saturday night and the females I worked with did ALOT more than that.

I agree that this is quite consistent with the ways of the world. I cannot comment about particle physics, but in general, post-doctorate salaries are usually "just-fair".

Sorry if this was pointed out already, but there is that episode where Penny is making french toast in the morning and asks Sheldon, to join her in dancing to the radio. Sheldon answers that in none of the universes is he dancing. Ever.

However, there was an episode in the first season I guess, when they all went to "meet other women" - in a dancing class! And he was dancing, too. (Cute) :D