The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Your biggest movie disappointments?

Hello all!

What are your biggest disappointmens as far as movies go?

What movies disappointed you big way when you saw them?

-especially if you were waiting to see something really brill movie magic...

To me, biggest disappointment has been the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie, on Stranger Tides. I mean it was dank, boring, and did not have any nice locations or nice heroes in it. Real dung, compared to the first three movies, which I really like.

Near second is Avatar. I mean the hype! And when I saw it in blu ray, the alien world looked like it was rendered in the nineties for a pc game. It was so unrealistic and unconvincing. Ungh!

I lost interest in POTC after the 2nd movie.

Another super-hyped movie was Final Fantasy The Spirits Within. A major disappointment to the diehard fans. I personally loved it, but only due to relating the movie storyline back to the 8th video game.

Peter Jackson's King Kong was a big let down for me.

I was also disappointed for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie (Stranger Tides). It felt like the production house was running low on finances and could not arrange for proper lightning also, whole film went into the dark. A Great Disappointment.

Urgh! The King Kong! I had forgotten how gods dang awful that movie was! I mean what the heck were the dinosaurs doing there???:icon_eek:

Yeah, I didn't like "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" either, and this is coming from a big Pirates fan. Most of the crew that made the movie great were gone, Ian McShane wasn't nearly as evil as he was hyped up to be, and it was pretty futile without Will and Elizabeth's story arc. They should've left it at Pirates 3, and even Johnny Depp acknowledged that. But generally I wasn't expecting it to be that great, because I'd been following the making of the film for ages, since it started in June last year.

The Phantom Menace of course

But in the latest dredge of movie regurgitation, I was really looking forward to Cowboys vs Aliens and that fell flat...more than flat actually

First 2 Lord of the Rings (especially 2 towers which I never watch anymore)

A Beautiful Mind "Have you just solved Riemann?" - NO HE DIDN'T ,MR. HOWARD- read the book instead.

I am an Incredible Hulk fan. The first Hulk movie was disappointing. The Hulk is supposed to be a monster. The face looked too much like a man. The second one was better. Can't wait for the Avengers to come out.

post-3059-13480809752_thumb.jpg

Urgh! The King Kong! I had forgotten how gods dang awful that movie was! I mean what the heck were the dinosaurs doing there???:icon_eek:

Agree with King Kong, I have all three copies, and the 30's version is still the best, but then again I love my old movies.

• Like 1

As of yesterday, Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D is my biggest let down this year. Very very piss poor use of 3D rendering... absolute waste. Save your money kiddies.

The worst film I have seen to date is War of the worlds Tom Cruise version, I wanted to walk out of of the cinema so much but it's against my policy, ive commited to the film so I have to see it through. I even figured out the ending half way through (and please note I have not seen the original)

As of yesterday, Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D is my biggest let down this year. Very very piss poor use of 3D rendering... absolute waste. Save your money kiddies.

How so?

The only 3D films Ive seen so far were the final Harry Potter and a bit of the last Tron in my folks' house. I dont know how they compare to other 3D film.

For me the thing I noticed was that the foreground may be very clear and 3D but the background is very indistinct. Is that the way its supposed to be?

Im the type who sits close to the screen in the cinema, so I my whole field of vision is taken up by the screen (more or less). I love looking left and right and drinking it all in.

So if 3D is just about the foreground then it's not for me.

OMG the biggest letdown in history, The Matrix 2, only to be surpassed in drek by Matrix 3. Phantom Menace was pretty bad too, but my expectations weren't quite as high. My all-time uber-raspberry award has to go to Michael Bay for Armageddon. Avatar also didn't live up to it's hype. I thought the 3-D added nothing either. I myself think 3-D is a cool techno thing, but ultimately is just another gimmick that serves to distract audiences from what the screenplay lacks.

I think it was Inception for me. I likes the whole idea behind.. but after the ending I thought... well... this was so obvious. I want some surprised, not always the same ending all the time!

And I can also understand that Final Fantasy the spritis within was a big disappointment. I just liked the soundtrack, the rest was... bad.

Ok here goes:

The first 3 Star Wars: Good Story line, but the CGI was completely over-done and made to be the main point of the movies in too many scenes. And...Jar Jar Binks? Are they on CRACK?!? The way he talked and his repeated 'Yes mass-ah" put me in mind of 1930's black stereotypes (watch any Disney short from that era and you'll see what I mean).

Godzilla: Stupid,stupid.stupid,oh, and shoddy camera work

Incredible Hulk --Complete dreck. I am a JLA fan through and through, but the Hulk does NOT become a destructive, 10-foot-tall BEAST at the drop of a hat. *gurmblepissmoan*

DON'T get me started on the Twilight Movies.......I have ALL SORTS of adjectives for them !!!!

I am a huge Batman fan so when I saw Batman had nipples on the poster of 'Batman and Robin" I knew it was going to be bad.Watching the movie made me mad and I only made 20 minutes into it before I turned it off.

I'll update more as they come....As I am sure there will be more.

Edited by ToadTheWetSprocket

harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1

This was suuuch a big let down, it is the only film out of the whole franchise that I have watched no more than once. Everything was so bad about this film and for a massive harry potter fan - I cannot explain the disappointment I felt after sitting through those terrible 1 and a half hours at the cinema.

Starship Troopers. Hands down. What utter dreck.

I always called that movie 'Starship Poopers' cos it was full of crap.

And Terminator 3 - Rise Against The Machines.

And Blues Brothers 2000 with John Goodman.

I'm sure there are others...