The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Your biggest movie disappointments?

Prometheus? Whatched it, and got nightmares. Probably the scaries of the alien movies, because the atmosphere of the film is so claustrophobic and scary.

Very high quality movie, but I did find the characters a bit silly. I mean they behaved like kids, and not like adults.

But hey, in pretty much every scifi movie, the crews of spaceships are mentally juvenile, so as to cater to the youger audiences.

-and to Catweazle.

One thing that disturbed me somewhat (in Prometheus), was the idea of how life on Earth started.

Now, I wonder if the aliens that planted life here did so on their own, or was it with the okay of their race? Why was the facility on what seemed like an otherwise uninhabited planet? Were they doing this in secret? Was that a military outpost as opposed to a scientific one? Etc, etc... In the end, I didn't care about the stupid decisions the characters made. I was far more interested in the bigger picture and how it related to the Alien films. No, it didn't answer every question, but then again, I didn't want it to.

hummm!!..i thought prometheus was really good movie...but! but!..i thought taken 2 was a load of crap....especially when the first one was brilliant...anyone got views on taken 2!

hummm!!..i thought prometheus was really good movie...but! but!..i thought taken 2 was a load of crap....especially when the first one was brilliant...anyone got views on taken 2!

I just ordered the Taken 2 Blu-ray from Amazon (on sale for $13), but I have yet to see it. It sounds like it may be a case of throwing out a sequel to cash in on the first, rather than because they actually had a good idea.

I just ordered the Taken 2 Blu-ray from Amazon (on sale for $13), but I have yet to see it. It sounds like it may be a case of throwing out a sequel to cash in on the first, rather than because they actually had a good idea.

oooooooops.....sorry man..don"t let me put you off it...you might like it...everyone has there own opinions...

oooooooops.....sorry man..don"t let me put you off it...you might like it...everyone has there own opinions...

No, you didn't put me off of it. No harm done. I'm a big Liam Neeson fan. He actually lives not far from me.

Never even heard of Taken 2, but as far as sequels go, I think Die Hard 4.0 was the worst sequel ever!

Just wait... Die Hard 5 comes out in a few weeks.

No, you didn't put me off of it. No harm done. I'm a big Liam Neeson fan. He actually lives not far from me.

big liam neeson fan too...OMG!!!!...he actually lives not to far from you....OMG!!!...did i say OMG!!..........WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He lives about a mile & a half or so from where I used to work. I'd seen him in the bank a few times and told him I was a fan while standing in line one day. I still remember the day of his Wife's funeral. The town was a mad-house, with press, news, police, etc, etc. It made getting to & from work quite difficult. Katie Couric lives not far as well. In reality, a LOT of famous people live (or have summer homes) in my general area. It would probably take me a good while to remember them all, if I even could. A very few just off the top of my head are James Earl Jones, Mary Tyler Moore, Eddie Murphy, Uma Thurman, Steve Buscemi and Kevin Kline.  

Edited by Anomaly

Harry Potter was a massive disapointment for me, the ending unrealistic I mean ron lost his brother, where is the grief and when Harry grabbed Voldomart "together" amd jumped of the edge I just thought WTF -_- 

So many movie Disapointments mainly the endings, its like the writters get bored of writting and rush to the end and kill it. 

The Hobbit -_- I am a massive LOTR fan and to see that Hobbits grahics ect was different and unrealistic was just a shocker, I mean I know Hobbits are supposed to have big feet but not big F* plastic feet! That are clearly fake, in LOTR they did not have those plastic shoe feet, so I found that disapointing. The beginning was slow and boring but when it got going it was really good and the ending was good too. 

Just have to say Cloud Atlas is fantastic film :D

Taken 2 was o..k...not like number 1.

Edited by LoveShamy

Die Hard 2&4

Rambo 3&4

Dark Knight Rises

Avengers

The latest Spiderman

That last 2 Harry Potters.  I didn't think it was possible to capture how long and boring the final book was on film... guess I was wrong.  Did they pay her by the word?!?

Edited by Ar Diem

That last 2 Harry Potters.  I didn't think it was possible to capture how long and boring the final book was on film... guess I was wrong.  Didn't they pay her by the word?!?

I loved the last Harry Potter. It was where everything was revealed & came together.  I thought 4 & 5 were pretty boring though. 

Just saw the Hobbit movie (via youtube) and I'll add that to the disappointments.

Why? Too many fight scenes, too little real adventuring and exploration. And they stole that giant ogre from the movie 300. I mean he's identical to the one we can see in 300!!!

Impressive sets on rivendell, though...

Very much crap. Not as bad as Prometheus, though (although a much prettier movie, the script was just so bad).

Dredd

This new Judge Dredd movie is rubbish!

I mean the old one with Sly is much much better.

While I haven't seen Dredd, I know I couldn't be disappointed as my expectations for it are EXTREMELY low. Honestly, if it were even one notch above absolute whale s#!t, I'd be friggin' amazed.

The live action movie "Thunderbirds" directed by Jonathan Frakes was a massive disappointment for me.

If you take Gerry Anderson out of the equation (as the movie makers did) the box-office flop it became was no surprise.

The movie was not F.A.B. as the Daily Express reviewed.

ramona and beezus

a movie starring my fav actress selena gomez

SUCH A BORING MOVIE

Man of Steel !!

Agreed. It was okay, but too dark with little humor; too many ridiculous and overlong fight/action sequences; way too long.