The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.10 The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition (Nov. 17)

How would you rate the episode?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Haven't watched yet...but What?

No Episode Scheduled

Season Five of The Big Bang Theory will continue soon on CBS

Previous Episode: 'The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition

Now that we finally are starting to show S5 on Dutch tv Tuesday....:icon_confused:

No Episode Scheduled

Now that we finally are starting to show S5 on Dutch tv Tuesday....:icon_confused:

The show will be off for a few weeks in the U.S., with Thanksgiving and the show generally just needing a break (the 24 episodes need to be spread over a 36 week TV season). They haven't announced the next episode yet, which is why the next episode box says that, but it will probably be December 8th. The nine-week clear run we've just had is pretty uncommon. Breaks like this will get a lot more frequent even after the holiday season.

The show returns with a new episode on Dec 8th! BTW 4ofN, why do you even bother watching the show anymore? You are so damn bitter all the time!

The show returns with a new episode on Dec 8th! BTW 4ofN, why do you even bother watching the show anymore? You are so damn bitter all the time!

I think you're thinking of the wrong person, he's only bitter half the time anymore

And everyone can't argee then the forums would be quite boring. I'm ok with people saying negative things about the show as long as they don't harp on them or beat the conversation to dead horse status.

Now this is an excellent question.

I really, really, really loved this show. You have no idea how much I appreciated this show. This was the only show I have ever seen on TV that spoke to my life, my culture, my experiences. It had characters that I could relate to at a very personal level. The fact that this has been changed has been very upsetting to me.

I keep hoping to see the show return to some of the brilliance or relavence to my life that it had initially and that I so enjoyed.

There is also a nostalgic feeling that I have to the characters. They have gotten under my skin. I find that I want to see how they turn out and I keep hoping to see them pull out of the downward spiral and return to the charming characters that they used to be.

But you are right, I should stop watching. After this last episode, that could happen sooner rather than later.

I think you're thinking of the wrong person, he's only bitter half the time anymore

Yeah, I'm the bitter all the time guy! :fi_lone_ranger:

Guest histerija

How is he funny? He was a moron. Are we supposed to laugh at nerd caricatures now?

a) who said that he is a nerd? he could be stuart's cousin, who is stupid and who doesn't like comics at all, but only wants to earn some money or something?!

This is true and this used to be the one thing I didn't like about Sheldon. But the tirade went on and on. Sheldon used to say inappropriate things inadvertently, but this was just pure insult through and through.

i don't see the problem. sheldon is supposed to be annoying and arrogant about his intelligence and work. he's like that from the start and he didn't change. and if leonard hasn't anything to tell him about it, then it's his problem.

Amy was out on a date with Stuart. If she wanted to get into it with Sheldon, she should have apologized to Stuart and left. Either that or told Sheldon to piss off and that they would deal with their relationship later. This was just disrespectful to Stuart.

you're talking here about amy and sheldon- and stuart.

amy who is socially weird, sheldon who is even weirder, and stuart, who thought that a coffee by penny's at midnight really means coffee.

penny was rude to leonard in the last episode.. everyone is rude to everyone here,.. that's sometimes part of the comedy, sometimes part of the characters, sometimes it's too much for some people and so on...

There you go all the fans who want to see Penny and Sheldon together! The thought was entertained, Penny words "You are so not the guy."

Though Sheldon asking Penny out was quite funny and him not getting Penny's story.

As for Penny and Leonard, all we need is for Sheldon to tell Leonard the story. Sheldon will still have to no clue who its really about but upon hearing the story Leonard will realize it is himself and ta da! Penny and Leonard are together again.

penny saying "you're so not the guy" should now make all sheldon/penny fans lose all their hopes about the show? oh yeah, then all leonard/penny shippers could have stopped shipping them when penny broke up with leonard or when they both in this season said that they don't want to get back together.

and i so hope that leonard isn't that guy. i didn't even think about him at first, i thought more about a high school love or something like that.

penny saying "you're so not the guy" should now make all sheldon/penny fans lose all their hopes about the show?

Not to put words in Aviodingtherealworld's mouth, but I think she meant that all the people who want to see Shldon and Penny together should lose all hope about seeing Sheldon and Penny together, not to lose all hope of the show.

@histerija: as far as the other issues, I'm not sure if it is just my imagination, but I'm kind of starting to get the impression that you and I don't agree on some of these things.

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

penny saying "you're so not the guy" should now make all sheldon/penny fans lose all their hopes about the show?

Not to put words in Aviodingtherealworld's mouth, but I think she meant that all the people who want to see Shldon and Penny together should lose all hope about seeing Sheldon and Penny together, not to lose all hope of the show.

Correct 4ofN but I won't fault them if they don't. It is, after all, all about how people want to see the show for themselves

And I am not a Shenny person, so to me that line meant its never going to happen.

No Episode Scheduled

The show will be off for a few weeks in the U.S., with Thanksgiving and the show generally just needing a break (the 24 episodes need to be spread over a 36 week TV season). They haven't announced the next episode yet, which is why the next episode box says that, but it will probably be December 8th. The nine-week clear run we've just had is pretty uncommon. Breaks like this will get a lot more frequent even after the holiday season.

Ah Thanks for explaining this to a non US resident Tripper. I am good with Dec 8th, nice birthday present :icon_biggrin:

Totally loved this episode :D

Good old boy-to-girl opposition, messing with social codes.

New and funny variation(s) with the 3 door's knocks (Penny is really creative there).

Classic Wolowitz (sheldon patented blend of condescension and no sex isn't enough to hold on to a woman ?)

It may be lame, but I like their cardgame. I'd like to try it.

And a new agreement from Sheldon ! Can't wait to see how he will use it (we've already seen the hand holding and the ouchies part)

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory finished first in its slot and was the highest-rated show of the night for the ninth week running.

"The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition" scored an 8.9/14 rating in households and was watched by 14.83 million people, down by around 0.83m viewers from last week. The Big Bang Theory scored a 5.2/15 in the key adults 18-49 demographic, a 6.4/16 in the adults 25-54 demo and a 3.9/13 in the adults 18-34 demo. The show was the most watched and highest rated program of the night.

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory finished first in its slot and was the highest-rated show of the night for the ninth week running.

"The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition" scored an 8.9/14 rating in households and was watched by 14.83 million people, down by around 0.83m viewers from last week. The Big Bang Theory scored a 5.2/15 in the key adults 18-49 demographic, a 6.4/16 in the adults 25-54 demo and a 3.9/13 in the adults 18-34 demo. The show was the most watched and highest rated program of the night.

Well there we have it. They have turned down a new street and it is paved with gold. We can expect more tasteless drunkenness for Penny, more degrading and humiliating attacks on Leonard by Sheldon, Amy is the new central character, and Stuart has lost every bit of spine and self respect he ever had. Forget about the old show and the clever science nerd schtick we all loved. The "real" fans like it the way it is. New title, The Big Blossum Theory

I am fascinated with the writing and mind of Chuck Lorre and think this episode is the best one of this season.

Season 5 has really developed the characters so much! I watched the entire of season 2 this week (for the 3rd time in two months) and this is holding up well IMHO

Matt

Hi, I'm new here. Over all, I was pleased with this episode, except for Penny. The character doesn't get nearly enough time anymore, and I believe there is a lot more to Penny than booze. Making her a lush is like a subtle clue that she unhappy and unable to have any kind of fun without a lot of alcohol. I'm kind of glad the show is moving away from making Penny and Leonard into the next Ross and Rachel. Leonard is a shallow douche at times and basically only cares about sex. Penny deserves better than that.

And I liked the new guy working at the comic book store. I thought he was adorable.

I know its not good to be a noob and support Amy, but I like her. As much as I would like Sheldon to have a hot night with Penny, it would never be more than that. It would be nice to see Sheldon find love and companionship, even if it never gets beyond snuggling and holding hands. Amy is the one non-related female that I could see Sheldon being close with.

Absolute Garbage. A new low. I think the writers should be put to death so that their physical state matches their mental state.

I'm not gonna go into detail, but this episode was a chore to sit through.

I hate what Penny has evolved into.

I disliked when she became whorish & butchy after the first season or two, but this is even worse.

She disgusts me.

Absolute Garbage. A new low. I think the writers should be put to death so that their physical state matches their mental state.

I'm sorry but this is way to harsh, if you are going to criticize it, at least go into some detail about what you didn't like and why.

that being said, I agree it was not the best episode, there is alot more they could have done with it. I love how they have developed the character of Amy. I like penny but i have to say she is my least favorite of the main characters, i much prefer Bernadette and Amy so it doesn't bother me that Penny is getting less screen time.

I liked this episode mostly, but I think the writers missed a great chance to have Penny and Sheldon go on a date. It could have been hilarious, Penny and Sheldon, dinner, dancing and watching a prize fight. I'm not a Shenny shipper but I question the "Who do you love?"

knocking - why did the writers write that, are we meant to read something into it? Am I the only one that is?

I liked the episode! And everybody who didn`t: Throw your TV away :D :D :D Or don`t watch the show again no one forces you to watch it! :D And the show isn`t over yet so its more to come! If you wanna give up no one stops you :D :D

Back to episode: Loved the Shamy! The realtionship agreement was just great!

And Sheldon looked so cool in these coyboyboots!

It was very amusing as Penny was playing TWISTER with Amy and Bernadette :D Never thought Amy has such a game at home :D

Stuart was funny too! Like him since always! I asumed he thought Sheldon wouldn`t mind that he (Stuart) asks Amy out, I mean he asked Leonard and he said, Amy has a Sheldon :D

As far as I know they`ll tape episode 11 on next weeks tuesday. So that´s why the next episode doesn`t air before December 8th.

Nice episode. I won't go as far as to say it was great (unlike the previous one). I loved the 2 nerds + 1 nerdette combo scene at the movies. The sour patch joke toped it all. But all in all I feel a tid bit unsatisfied, although I think the development around Penny's addiction to alcohol was really relevant and funny. I would have loved to see a more cunning and motivated Stuart (like that one episode when he hit on Penny).

Great lines on the Nerdxploitation jokes at the beginning. This is oh so true...

I'm not a Shenny shipper but I question the "Who do you love?"

knocking - why did the writers write that, are we meant to read something into it? Am I the only one that is?

I hear you. I felt the same at first. But, you've got slightly confused b/c she doesn't say "who do you love" but "who do we love" which has a different meaning to me as in "I know you're come here to beg for something, then bow down and flatter me"

On a related note, I'm growing tired of the knock knock knock jokes (esp. when Penny replies after the first knocking - I know Sheldon has to knock 3 times but does it mean he has to gve it 3 rounds of 3 knocks ?"

Sheldon doesn't look so twisted as to need the 3 rounds even if someone answered at the first one.

I don't know why I bother coming here. So many negs here are taking over, expect perfection, can't accept change and evolution with this show. I thought this would be majority of fans but it just isn't. I appreciate Tripper but I can't stand the negs. I think I'm thru here.

I liked the episode! And everybody who didn`t: Throw your TV away :D :D :D Or don`t watch the show again no one forces you to watch it! :D And the show isn`t over yet so its more to come! If you wanna give up no one stops you :D :D

Back to episode: Loved the Shamy! The realtionship agreement was just great!

And Sheldon looked so cool in these coyboyboots!

It was very amusing as Penny was playing TWISTER with Amy and Bernadette :D Never thought Amy has such a game at home :D

Stuart was funny too! Like him since always! I asumed he thought Sheldon wouldn`t mind that he (Stuart) asks Amy out, I mean he asked Leonard and he said, Amy has a Sheldon :D

As far as I know they`ll tape episode 11 on next weeks tuesday. So that´s why the next episode doesn`t air before December 8th.

No new episodes until December 8th???? Waaaaaaaaah! :icon_cry: