The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.10 The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition (Nov. 17)

How would you rate the episode?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I don't really like Amy that much but when Sheldon asked her if she could be her girlfriend, unconsciously I began to smile and blushed. Maybe because I didn't expect that Sheldon would do something like that. But I think that their relationship will not blossom and eventually they're going to break-up.

Agree with DPK don't see her marriage lasting very long that guy sounds like a creep and a dirt bag, he has too many red flags but she better get a prenup

I don't know. We all love Penny but Kaley is not Penny. Kaley actually tweeted Mike Bloomberg (mayor of NYC) demanding that he stop allowing the horse drawn taxis because it's cruel to the animals and totally unnecessary. Bit of a ditz if you ask me. It's ok to love animals and want them protected. The horse drawn taxis of NYC have been there since there has been a NYC. I can assure you the mayor has nothing to say about it.

Turns out she has found her perfect man. Her chosen lifestyle is to go to work then come home and watch reality TV shows. She recently got turned on by, "the drama," behind the UFC. He tweeted that watching the UFC with Kaley was one of the funniest things he ever did. Cooking contests are some of her favorites. She now has a 47 year old man who is quite happy staying home with her and sitting on the couch. I am sure there is more to the relationship than that, but don't discount that as the primary glue. A younger man would not likely be so content. For his part, hell, Josh Lazie Resnik has hit the mother-lode. She is very rich and very beautiful and very young and in his bed every night. The chance that he will do something to screw that up doesn't seem likely to me.

As to a prenup, who knows. She does have good management. Hopefully they will advise her.

There's plenty of guys her age that don't go and party and just like to stay at home like her, not sure how you can draw a conculision on her intelligence by her tweets or just because she is an animal activist or what she watches on tv, know one says he's going to screw it up all he has to do is be himself and that will be enough.

The chance that he will do something to screw that up doesn't seem likely to me.

I don't know, probably 2 years of the "Kaley show" is enough for anyone.:fi_lone_ranger:

All he has to do is be himself and that'll be enough yo screw it up, not sure what you mean by two years of the Kaley show is enough for anyone there's plenty of guys that would not only want to be with Kaley but with someone like her.

I don't really like Amy that much but when Sheldon asked her if she could be her girlfriend, unconsciously I began to smile and blushed. Maybe because I didn't expect that Sheldon would do something like that. But I think that their relationship will not blossom and eventually they're going to break-up.

I agree with you I just don't see their relationship growing but just like it is now and they'll breakup and the show will have no reason to keep her on.

I just started to watch Season 5 and I have to say that I am a little bit disappointed. Now in saying that, I have to add a disclaimer that this is my personal opinion, and that I do understand some other people do not share my thoughts :).

I started to like Amy in Season 4, she was a very good secondary character which actually added some "freshness" to the show. But the key word is secondary, and I do agree with some of the people here about not really liking where the show leads us regarding her and Sheldon. I agree that the show is becoming more of a relationship drama that what it previously was - "The Big Bang Theory". And the whole non-physical relationship idea between Sheldon and Amy is impossible, considering Amy's constant "sexual" advances at Sheldon. And if Sheldon stops being an "asexual" character, which is one of the core features of him, the whole concept changes, and Sheldon stops being Sheldon as we know him. And what about his professional life?! He is a genius, working all the time, theorizing and thinking, but we see no improvement in his work, no stories about their lives as scientists, nothing.

And I have to add, what's with the "feminisation" of Raj? Ever since Howard's character got involved with Bernadette, Raj is completely being destroyed and his "feminine" side is becoming way too pronounced and a bit cheesy.

As for Stuart, I feel quite sad for him, they really made him a pathetic character. Maybe it's time something good starts to happen to him :).

I disagree, I think its fun to watch sheldon with amy, they make a great couple especially as they are soo alike.

The show has been about relationships from the start, now I'll agree it has featured a little more this season and I agree with Ivana that I'd like to see more focus or mentions of the guys work, especially sheldon's

I have a problem with "facts" portrayed in this episode. When Sheldon and Howard are in their living room and Sheldon is talking to Howard about he should teach history. If Sheldon is supposed to have such a super memory then he would not have stated incorrect facts about when someone could no longer own another person. Abraham Lincoln did not free all "slaves" he freed only those held within the southern states. Slavery was not abolished until the 13th amendment which was not ratified until Dec. 6th, 1865. The Emancipation Proclamation did not free any slaves in the border states or make slavery illegal. In fact Slavery was still in use in Washington DC until Dec 1865, when Secretary of State Seward proclaimed the 13th amendment to have been adopted when Georgia's ratification brought the total number of states to ratify to 27 of the then 36 states (more than 2/3rds of the required states).

Please consult history and portray it correctly.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I have a problem with "facts" portrayed in this episode. When Sheldon and Howard are in their living room and Sheldon is talking to Howard about he should teach history. If Sheldon is supposed to have such a super memory then he would not have stated incorrect facts about when someone could no longer own another person. Abraham Lincoln did not free all "slaves" he freed only those held within the southern states. Slavery was not abolished until the 13th amendment which was not ratified until Dec. 6th, 1865. The Emancipation Proclamation did not free any slaves in the border states or make slavery illegal. In fact Slavery was still in use in Washington DC until Dec 1865, when Secretary of State Seward proclaimed the 13th amendment to have been adopted when Georgia's ratification brought the total number of states to ratify to 27 of the then 36 states (more than 2/3rds of the required states).

Sheldon is a Theoretical Physicist and has showed how much he thinks the Humanities are a "lesser discipline", so it is actually right that he won´t know the exact facts as he doesn't care about such banalities.

Also note, he went to college at age 11, meaning, he didn't get to study History in depth, given that he went almost inmediately to the University where, I am sure he did not tale any American History classes.

Sheldon is a Theoretical Physicist and has showed how much he thinks the Humanities are a "lesser discipline", so it is actually right that he won´t know the exact facts as he doesn't care about such banalities.

Also note, he went to college at age 11, meaning, he didn't get to study History in depth, given that he went almost inmediately to the University where, I am sure he did not tale any American History classes.

Also, it was Leonard, not Howard. A least get the basic facts of the show correct, we'll worry about history after that.

• Haha 1

Finally seen the episode and I loved it, seeing Sheldon realise how much he wanted Amy to be his proper official girlfriend was sweet (poor stuart though)

I liked the relationship agreement and amy's "Thats so romantic" line

Presumably Sheldon does not use friendship agreements for the others and just uses Strikes?

• Like 3

Presumably Sheldon does not use friendship agreements for the others and just uses Strikes?

That was so like her, and only confirmed why they suit each other so well!

Yes, we've only hear of the roommate agreement and relationship agreement so far. :)

LOVED the episode!!! Maybe I love it and pretty much all 5 seasons so far since I've watched them in a span of a few weeks instead of years, but personally I love what I saw in this one and so far in all the episodes. I for one love Amy and love her more each time I see her. She reminds me so much of myself, not smarts wise, but I was the girl who had little to no friends growing up, never went to prom, I've never been kissed and I'm 25! I have a lot of pent up sorrow because of this and my heart always goes out to her when she laments her past. Anyway, the episode was great. Stuart is a lame guy so I never expect much from him. I love him but he's not right for Amy. Loved Sheldon in his cowboy boots and hat. :laugh:   And the 'relationship agreement'. The fact that Sheldon took time to think that perhaps one day he might have some relation with another... so he wrote those agreements up. :)  And how cute and funny it was and pertained to his weird big-headed child-like self. 'Holding hands if one falls off a cliff, wins the Nobel Prize, or during flu shots'. :laugh:   Then later, when he gets a splinter and expects Amy to take care of it. This episode showed how human he can be even if he doesn't understand what he's really feeling. I was so excited they have reached the agreement to at least be 'boyfriend/girlfriend' now even if nothing is 'technically' supposed to change. lol

10/10 episode imo.

• Like 1

Finally seen the episode and I loved it, seeing Sheldon realise how much he wanted Amy to be his proper official girlfriend was sweet (poor stuart though)

i'm doing a little reminiscing and you are one of the few members still around today from what i see :)

The Sheldon/Amy stuff was like watching turtles trying to mate.

Saw this and fell out of my chair.

I'm going back over old forums, as I've only been watching TBBT for a year now, although I've seen every episode on Blu Ray.

Five years later and the ShAmy pace hasn't changed much. Ironic they considered buying a turtle together.

• Haha 1

poor stuart, dates a girl who ends up with some else

the start of shamy as bf/gf

50 minutes ago, mjc45 said:

Poor Stuart, dates a girl who ends up with some else.

Strictly speaking, Amy was already with Sheldon.

It just wasn't official.