The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Is The Big Bang Theory getting worse?

Yeah, what's next for Penny, stealing?

I can't believe you called it.

When I read your post before the Speckerman Occurnace, I thought you were just engaging in a little bit of hyperbole. But you nailed it spot on. Not only that, but she got Amy and Bernadette to join her.

My honesty compels me to admit that a little koala named Roxanne whispered that in my ear.

HUGE GIANT SPOILER ALERT http://www.fanforum.com/f15/tbbt-s-s-21-because-episode-100-just-around-corner-63030298/index8.html

Before you go there, remember, it is the land of the Lolllypop Guild. Any negs are frowned upon.

:fi_lone_ranger:

When I read your post before the Speckerman Occurnace, I thought you were just engaging in a little bit of hyperbole. But you nailed it spot on. Not only that, but she got Amy and Bernadette to join her.

Yeah it probably helps that you can easily read the taping report so I wouldn't be surprised if 4ofN did do that.

Yeah it probably helps that you can easily read the taping report so I wouldn't be surprised if 4ofN did do that.

Note: it was disgusted who read the taping report. I have read a few over the years, but find that it kind of spoils the show for me so I stoped.

What does it matter? u hate this show anyway? Well you certain portray that by your posts.

Note: it was disgusted who read the taping report. I have read a few over the years, but find that it kind of spoils the show for me so I stoped.

What does it matter? I hate this show anyway? Well you certain portray that by your posts.

OMG, one of the lollypop guilders, posting here!:icon_cheesygrin:

There's a big difference between "hating the show" and hating what the last two seasons have been like. We are just expressing our disapproval. We want it back the way it was. You might think that's a hopeless task. You are welcome to your opinion. I like to think that every action can have an effect. According to Chaos theory, (nerd reference, FYI) the flapping of a butterfly's wings can change continental weather patterns if it happens at exactly the right moment. All I know is, if you do nothing, nothing will change. I guess it's a state of mind, numb acceptance Vs finding the will to get up(metaphorically speaking) and do something about it.

post-2564-13480809743_thumb.jpg[is this where we are headed?]

BTW, I read the reports because I don't want to inflate the ratings numbers.:icon_wink:

• Like 1

Is there anyone who thinks that showing Penny going to bed with Raj in Leonard's bed improved the character? Her more frequent drinking? Her latest episode where she stole clothing meant for the poor? To me Penny has been one of the main characters along with Leonard and it seems to me that they are almost purposely trying to make the character look worse every week. I am beginning to suspect the they are heading towards getting rid of the Penny character altogether. My vote for her replacement is Sheldon's sister. I just saw the rerun with her in it and she is more then able to handle Sheldon while at the same time she obviously cares for him.

Is there anyone who thinks that showing Penny going to bed with Raj in Leonard's bed improved the character? Her more frequent drinking? Her latest episode where she stole clothing meant for the poor? To me Penny has been one of the main characters along with Leonard and it seems to me that they are almost purposely trying to make the character look worse every week. I am beginning to suspect the they are heading towards getting rid of the Penny character altogether. My vote for her replacement is Sheldon's sister. I just saw the rerun with her in it and she is more then able to handle Sheldon while at the same time she obviously cares for him.

They screwed Raj over last season turning him into Evil Raj who likes to try and steal his friends fiancé and then the whole finale. Seems its Pennys turn now.

They screwed Raj over last season turning him into Evil Raj who likes to try and steal his friends fiancé and then the whole finale. Seems its Pennys turn now.

Seems like that might be the correct theory. But the writers didn't have Penny drinking in this last episode! but instead they had her steal :icon_eek: I don't think thats a good trade off.

I now come to understand how perfect Leslie was as a female character for TBBT, thanks to all the "girl scenes" that are not about geeks nor laghter. I wonder if they can clear out all the female characters they messed up till now and just bring Leslie and Sheldon's sister back in the show, like just for one episode or so. I want to see how they would lead the show and it would be refreshing.

My answer to the thread question is no. My personal opinion is: The characters need to develop.
And if they wouldn`t I would get bored.
You can`t change it how it is.
And the Leslie Winkle actress had a new show this year. So I doubt she´s coming back so soon. I mean I would love to see her but I don`t think they bring her back this Season maybe later.
I understand when not everybody likes everthing on the show but they can`t make it right for everybody!
I only didn`t like one episode and that was the episode 11 from Season 5. The rest was fine!
And Amy and Bernadette are very funny! Its comedy not drama.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

@yanumga: Episode one had niether character in it. And I wouldn't mind Sheldon's sister coming for a visit but we've only really met her in one episode so we don't know her true character. If the writers were to develop her character its possible she could be even worse than any of the female characters on the show right now. And have Lesile coming back for an apparence would be funny but something about her talkshow job won't allow it (I think).

I feel it has shifted in a direction that isn't... well... necessarily the best. I'm still enjoying it, but yes--something has been lost, some characteristics of the earlier seasons. I don't like the idea of the need to "pair up" all of the main characters. I hope Priya is eventually out of the picture, as the Leonard relationship strain (difficult girlfriend while still feeling something for Penny) is getting a bit tired. Wolowitz should stay with Bernadette. Rajesh should still struggle with trying to find someone. And the Sheldon/Amy hookup should never happen.

I do like how Stuart is getting a little more face time. He's a good character that could definitely use some developing. But it's a bit predictable with his interest in Penny... I can see her dating him for a little while, but eventually realizing that Leonard is who she'd rather be with.

Totally agree

I am still enjoying the show very much and like where the characters are heading. Yes, the show had to develop and I do still like it.

My only minor complaint is with Sheldon. I would like to see his genius side expressed more.

My little sister turned around last night and stated "BBT just isn't funny anymore."

She is one of the biggest fans of the show I know. She actually visited a Cheesecake Factory restaurant on her US honeymoon so she could sample Sheldon's tuesday hamburger !!

She's really not enjoying season 5 atm.

For her to say she's not finding the show funny anymore is a big deal.

Maybe I'm missing something? Or, as Ima pointed out, I'm just too easily pleased.

If the last show was the first time that I had seen the TBBT I would not watch a second one. I do believe that the writers have identified some of the issues that many fans have with this season and we will start to see things turn around soon. Also to be fair, not every show can be a gem and occasionally a series is going to have a sub-par episode.

Is Sarah Gilbert hosting her own show now?

I don't think she is hosting it but what I last heard was that she was part of a talk show. I heard it on one the comic con interviews, but it could be a couple years old now.

If the last show was the first time that I had seen the TBBT I would not watch a second one. I do believe that the writers have identified some of the issues that many fans have with this season and we will start to see things turn around soon. Also to be fair, not every show can be a gem and occasionally a series is going to have a sub-par episode.

What about a sub-par season?

Roseanne had a couple of 'meh' seasons, but it still did ok.

I guess with any series that gets past it's 3rd or 4th year, you're gonna get a few duds in the mix.

My little sister turned around last night and stated "BBT just isn't funny anymore."

She is one of the biggest fans of the show I know. She actually visited a Cheesecake Factory restaurant on her US honeymoon so she could sample Sheldon's tuesday hamburger !!

She's really not enjoying season 5 atm.

For her to say she's not finding the show funny anymore is a big deal.

Maybe I'm missing something? Or, as Ima pointed out, I'm just too easily pleased.

I think it depends on your outlook. I really liked Friends and I enjoyed it up until it finished. I could see it wasn't as good as before but I still enjoyed it. But people I know stopped watching it around season 4 or 5 I think saying it had got to slapstick and over the top.

I see myself having the same feeling with TBBT for different reasons. As much as I liked Friends and had to watch every single episode I think I'm more emotionally involved with TBBT so I get more upset about the changes.

I agree that this season has been my least favorite, and the last episode was the first one that I was sorry that I wasted my time watching. That being said, I have heard some things that makes me believe things are going to get much better and just maybe, it took some painful and awkward episodes in order to make some direction changes in the series. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Most of the shows I watch are done for me after season 5...so BBT is no different. American shows have too many episodes and not a lot creativity. They rehash writers. I love BBC shows, as they know when to quit. Even the IT Crowd, now in its 5th Series (6 episodes each) is still funny

Only show that broke that mold for me

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000

A show that had the timing right on all parts, that HBO knew Josh Hodgson, that Comedy Central was starting up and thought a 2 hour show would be great filler...and it turned out to be one of the best shows that ever graced TV

If you don't think so watch this

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2011/09/the-ten-best-moments-in-mst3k-history.html

Many episodes are on YOUTUBE, and I implore you to watch these

Space Mutiny

Pod People

Hobgoblins

Prince of Space

Gamara

Fugitive Alien

my favorites

As for that graph, seems to me mid season 1 is where things will fall in place, season 2 is the one with classic episodes, season 3 they get comfortable, Season 4 has a few fillers in there and then SYNDICATION. After that, laziness

@Imapotato: I can see your point about BBC show but also it feels like they're over before they even begin. And sometime if a show is away for too long I won't remember to catch the new season when it finally comes back, so for me I need a happy medium.

&

@netmouse: Yea now that I think about it a lot of the shows I have been into over the years, I have fallen out of love with for a couple season and then they manage to pull me back in