The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Is The Big Bang Theory getting worse?

@cbolt: challenge accepted... wikipedia mentions nothing about lesbian/homosexual activity, sry.

Yeah it does after I saw the episode where the girls have a slumber party and Amy mentions it I looked it up on wikipedia to see if it did and it did.

I'll retract my previous post given the fact that wikipedia is able to be edited, and after checking the review history of the page, it looks as though numerous edits have been made to the "activities" portion of the page.

I really don't like what they're doing with Sheldon this year. He's changing from quirky to just plain goofball. Too slapstick.

I really don't like what they're doing with Sheldon this year. He's changing from quirky to just plain goofball. Too slapstick.

I agree and when his character became popular this is what I thought would happen.

I agree and when his character became popular this is what I thought would happen.

Yeah, in this last episode I felt myself annoyed at him a couple of times. And not in a good way. I didn't like him acting like a rock star that much. I guess we'll see what they come back with after the break. They don't get a lot of time to roll these episodes out I guess.

Just for the record, I didn't mean the bongo scene. He did that brilliantly. I also loved the scene in the hospital with him clutching the bear and then taking it with him. He was great with Amy, as always.

To be honest, it was only the one scene that was off for me. When he strode into the apartment and then talks to Penny and Leonard. There was something too cocksure about him. I couldn't help thinking 'Hey handsome guy, where are you hiding Sheldon?

Just for the record, I didn't mean the bongo scene. He did that brilliantly. I also loved the scene in the hospital with him clutching the bear and then taking it with him. He was great with Amy, as always.

To be honest, it was only the one scene that was off for me. When he strode into the apartment and then talks to Penny and Leonard. There was something too cocksure about him. I couldn't help thinking 'Hey handsome guy, where are you hiding Sheldon?

I agree, but I guess they were trying to make him different in that scene. But, he could have come in, noticed penny in his spot, been conflicted for a second, and then said, oh, it doesn't matter in a more sheldon way instead of a cocky way.

I agree, but I guess they were trying to make him different in that scene. But, he could have come in, noticed penny in his spot, been conflicted for a second, and then said, oh, it doesn't matter in a more sheldon way instead of a cocky way.

Yes, I would have preferred that. :icon_biggrin:

Yes, I would have preferred that. :icon_biggrin:

I personally feel they set up that scene for the commercial. Remember the teaser, "What's The Matter With Sheldon?" And then they showed that scene of him walking in.

Ratings and being highest on the Thursday timeslot is a big deal. That's what it boils down to, I guess.

For me the show is not getting worse. I think some people who are beginning to fall out of love in the Big Bang Theory just miss the old times. But I'm still in love with it and it still makes me laugh.

I honestly think a lot of people are really disappointed with the lack of science/nerdgeek content (myself included) and feel inclined to say "the show is getting worse" because it's more relationship-based than it used to be.

When you watch any episode from season one, every other sentence is some paradigm, equation, theory, or science joke. I'm not saying they need to bring it back to that magnitude, but there is a serious lack of science content.

I mean, think about it. When Sheldon and Kripke were "playing" basketball, Sheldon says, "Use the force, Sheldon, use the force." That's been one of the only nerdgeek references for a long time.

Having watched episodes from all of the seasons in a random order as a new fan, it seems to me that the characters have changed a bit over time. Generally, I like it because it shows that the events of one ep have consequences in following eps. But sometimes it feels like the writers have been trying to broaden the show's appeal at the expense of some of the character nuances. I get the sense also at times that the writers are afraid to mess too much with the "formula," which can mean that eps feel less fresh. I guess that's the price to pay for having a show renewed through seven seasons. I still laugh out loud several times, even during the worse eps. :D

For me the show is not getting worse. I think some people who are beginning to fall out of love in the Big Bang Theory just miss the old times. But I'm still in love with it and it still makes me laugh.

never agreed with anything more than this the old times are gone and u should be sad but you should still laugh ith the new tbbt i dont hate the relationships just amy's annoying comments

-2.jpg

yeah the storyline kind of killed it for me

but im just trying to forget the whole incident and just watch what is funny at that moment

Well I was not aware of this thread started by Tripper :) in Nov/2011

I agree briefly with what is said in this post even now after two years or so...

Well I was not aware of this thread started by Tripper :) in Nov/2011

I agree briefly with what is said in this post even now after two years or so...

If I remember correctly there was quite a lot of unhappiness on the forums over the direction of the show at the time. So I created this thread to give people somewhere to vent their frustrations without derailing other topics. Standard disclaimer that this topic doesn't necessarily reflect my views on the direction on of the show.

TBBT is awesome. L/P are back together and I'm really enjoying the show. The beginning of season 4 was TBBT at it's worst but since then it's been fantastic.

Loved S1-4, S5 was weak in parts IMO, but am loving S6 so far (in UK, so only up to Spoiler Alert here).

I do however disagree that the addition of Bernadette and Amy has weakened the show. Amy is now my second favourite character after Sheldon, and Mayim and the writers have done an amazing job with her character; the tiara scene was genius.

It's true that the characters need to grow for the show to continue, and it was after all the original premise that the socially inept nerds learn and develop from their friendship with the cool girl across the hall.

Was dreading S6 a bit after the hit and miss of S5, so relieved that it's back on track (The Bakersfield Expedition was one of the funniest episodes I've seen).

If I remember correctly there was quite a lot of unhappiness on the forums over the direction of the show at the time.

I'm still unhappy.

I believe the show was amazing seasons 1-3 and part of 4 anything past that is just awful. They change sheldon too much. I know that sheldon has to change a little because he adapts but this is just too much they make him out to be a perfectly normal human. He is not though. They should defenitely change him back. The new episodes aren't funny. Sheldon needs to be the same as in the first few seasons. It really is annoying because people judge the show due to the episodes that come on tv, like the new episodes. They won't see the wonderful seasons 1-3 and will have to see the crap that is there now.

• Like 3

yes, it is

season 6 was really not that ''good''

and trust me, its not logical for tv shows to be less good all of sudden because ''they had already 5 seasons''

because there are a lot of tv shows that have had more seasons and were as epic as in any other previous season

(cough, friends for example <3)

so i guess its just the writers that are losing their touch or something.......how sad