How would you rate the episode?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

"The Speckerman Recurrence" - Leonard must face his fears after being contacted by his high school tormentor, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Dec. 8 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

So I'm going with the bully's surname being "Speckerman" ??

Wow, bullying episode. The writers are covering all bases this season. Will be very interested to see this one.

So I'm going with the bully's surname being "Speckerman" ??

Wow, bullying episode. The writers are covering all bases this season. Will be very interested to see this one.

I see it more as covering all the cliches and tired storylines. Still no mention of Amy so might actually be good.

OH FAN FORUM!

THAT'S the glitter,hello kitty, romance drama board...ugh

I implore people to see that site and realize why Big Bang Theory has become another "Will they, won't they sitcom"

OH FAN FORUM!

I implore people to see that site and realize why Big Bang Theory has become another "Will they, won't they sitcom"

My bet is, nobody even remotely connected to the show ever sees anything on any forum, including this one.

Meh, its just information. Who cares where it was posted if you want to read it.

Not sure who would want to hang around there through.

Just a question... is there going to be another break between episodes over the Christmas period? Or are we good for another few weeks now?

This is the last original episode of the year. It looks like the next episode will air January 12th, 2012.

This is the last original episode of the year. It looks like the next episode will air January 12th, 2012.

dang nabit, I don't think I can hold out without my Big bang theory fix all christmas lol.

In all seriousness though, that episdoe was great. :)

"The Speckerman Recurrence" - Leonard must face his fears after being contacted by his high school tormentor, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Dec. 8 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

The Worst episode to date. Minimal laugh factor. The concept was relevant but please make this the past public service announcement episode.

It was an ok episode, more of a throw away! If it aired either sooner or later (NOT WHEN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH A MONTH OFF!) It would have been a better episode. But this being the episode to go out in 2011 was not a good enough one.

OK everybody, by the numbers.

1. Sheldon belittle Leonard.

2. Raj make a comment that exemplifies his tendency to act like a girl.

3. Sheldon belittle Leonard.

4. Amy make a sexual remark aimed at Penny.

5. Sheldon belittle Leonard.

6. Howard do a good one liner. (at least he is still funny when they give him something to say)

7. Sheldon belittle Leonard.

8. Thankfully we left off Penny drinking this episode.

Sigh I so wanted to laugh!

Yeah...more junk. I think I chuckled once. I remember when TBBT would have me laughing all the way.

The Worst episode to date. Minimal laugh factor. The concept was relevant but please make this the past public service announcement episode.

I don't know about WORST episode but it wasn't great. I found the concept alright but I think I would have liked a little less stereotyping with the geeks. I liked that Sheldon was being direct and standing up to the bully and I liked when Leonard took a stand but I can't for the life me understand WHY they didn't just call the cops at the end. The part where Sheldon and Leonard are running away at the end felt so much like the show was making fun of the geeks instead of laughing along with them.

Actually, what would have been better for the show (and a lot funnier, imo) is if Leonard and Sheldon pull out their lightsabers and start smacking the bully over the head with them until the man was so annoyed that he left on his own. It would have opened it up for some classic Star Wars lines.

Aside from the poor ending, I felt that the scenes with the women were awkward. I thought it was a nice little part added in that Penny was a bully but didn't realize it and tried to make it right...but I felt the clothing donation thing was stupid and I felt that Amy was extremely annoying. And WHY does she always have to comment on Penny's prettiness? Twice now in this episode they made stupid lesbian jokes.

Firstly, as a woman, I don't care...about Amy and I'm finding it difficult to care about storylines on this show regarding Penny, Amy, and Bernadette. If Amy's a lesbian, fine, just stop having her comment about Penny. It's boring and it only feels like a line thrown in to get a cheap laugh from the average joes that watch dumb reality shows.

I don't know if I'm alone in this but (to me) it almost feels like the show's trying to do a 50/50 approach. Half the time with the girls, half with the boys. It's making it difficult to appreciate the show the same way as I used to, mainly because the parts with the women aren't funny. Penny with the boys is always good. The OCCASIONAL scene with her and Bernadette were funny but don't make it a regular thing. And I just hate Amy...

Personally I liked the show from the start and I know a lot of women who liked it from Season 1 so I don't see why the dynamic of the show had to change, but it really does feel like the powers that be is trying to be PC about having equal screen time between men and women. IMO, equality's great...if it works but it doesn't seem to be working on the show so I'd wish they'd just go back to the dynamic of earlier seasons.

As for Bernadette, I liked her in this episode, and even though I didn't like the clothing-donation-theft part, I actually liked the line she had at the end when she stole the shoes.

Fantastic post Beecharmer. They really are trying to turn this into Friends Lite. You're right that plenty of women liked this show from the beginning but TV executives don't use common sense. So we're now stuck with Amy and Bernadette who just aren't up to becoming main characters.

Along with them deciding they need more female characters comes the laugh at he nerds not with them change. Nerds being human just isn't mainstream.

Once again Howard and Raj are pretty much invisible, sacrificed so Amy and Bernie can have more screen time. Once again more low brow jokes. It's like they've given even trying to pretend they care.

The bar scene with Sheldon totally misunderstanding what was being said gave me a laugh.

Penny sober (and Raj for that matter) was nice too.

Leonard pushing into Speckerman made me lol.

Will be looking forward to what Santa has in store for us in the New Year.

What was that? I mean really. What was that?

There was nothing, nothing, nothing positive in this episode.

Sheldon didn't just belittle Leonard once or twice - it was almost the theme of the show. Who was the bully again? Was it Speckerman or was it actually Cooper? At least Leonard won't see Speckerman again, but he has to live with Sheldon.

Or, wait a minute. Now we learn that PENNY was a bully and doesn't feel badly enough about it to do much of anything to make up for it. So, not only is Penny a drunk and a slut, but now she is a bully and a pretty shallow one at that.

And of course we have Amy doing the lesbian thing again (yawn) - not just once in this episode but twice.

And then there is Bernadette. Sweet little Bernadette. Remember Bernadette who just got a big new job and bought Howard a Rolex? Now she's stealing from the poor.

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Now wasn't that just hilarious?

They seem to be turning Penny into the original version from the first pilot. Kinda strange since they obviously thought that version wasn't what they needed for the show.

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory finished first in its time slot and was the most-watched and highest-rated show of the night.

"The Speckerman Recurrence", the last original episode of 2011, scored a 8.8/14 rating in households and was watched by 14.42 million people, down by 630,000 viewers from the last new episode. In the important adults 18-49 demographic, The Big Bang Theory scored a 4.7/14 rating, down from 5.3/15 on November 17. The Big Bang Theory finished first in its slot by all key ratings metrics.

Am able to watch episode tomorrow, but want to inquire about the voting option....could it be added?

Am able to watch episode tomorrow, but want to inquire about the voting option....could it be added?

The episode poll has now been added. :)

I can't for the life me understand WHY they didn't just call the cops at the end. The part where Sheldon and Leonard are running away at the end felt so much like the show was making fun of the geeks instead of laughing along with them.

Yet another idea taken from Frasier after Frasier stood up to his schooltime bully and ended the show running away from him . Hilarious line from Sheldon at the end, though.

They were obviously showing the 2 sides of bullying, from different points of view.

Penny's bully revelation was almost an exact copy of a scene from Breaking In a few months ago.

I can't for the life me understand WHY they didn't just call the cops at the end. The part where Sheldon and Leonard are running away at the end felt so much like the show was making fun of the geeks instead of laughing along with them.

Yet another idea taken from Frasier after Frasier stood up to his schooltime bully and ended the show running away from him . Hilarious line from Sheldon at the end, though.

They were obviously showing the 2 sides of bullying, from different points of view.

Penny's bully revelation was almost an exact copy of a scene from Breaking In a few months ago.

Breaking In is a great show, can't wait for season 2!

I didn't find myself laughing out loud throughout the episode, there was nothing really funny. I'm no sexist, but I would've wanted to skip all the scenes with Penny, Bernadette and Amy, I felt like I was watching Sex in the city. I miss Leslie Winkle SO MUCH.