How would you rate the episode?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I did like the more assertive Sheldon this week, and Sheldon's always belittled everyone's academic achievements some of his first words were to ridicule Leonard's work. No Christmas episode? Bit sad about that.

Not to mention that Raj and Howard have been getting less and less screen time. I don't care too much about Raj, because he's just going to cry about being lonely, but Howard is the most consistent character to me. I guess they'd rather show the three girls in Penny's apartment, drinking and gossiping, Penny showing us how messed up she had become and Amy acting like she's secretly in love with her or something.

Btw, what happened to Leslie? I remember that she was going to be part of the regular cast for season 2, but that plan was scrapped, because they didn't have enough stories for her. They sure did find plenty of stories for Penny, Bernadette and Amy.

This episode was extremely disappointing for me... mostly because I can literally remember the three whole times I almost laughed. And two of those were before the title sequence.

Also the commenting about Leonard's handwriting seemed out of place - his writing on whiteboards is fairly legible, and most people have far better writing on paper than on a board (I would know, I'm a teacher).

I can relate to the ending; it reminded me of Grade 7 when I stood up to a bully and punched him in the nose. And then ran. But it wasn't funny, and last I checked this was supposed to be a comedy...

Breaking In is a great show, can't wait for season 2!

I didn't find myself laughing out loud throughout the episode, there was nothing really funny. I'm no sexist, but I would've wanted to skip all the scenes with Penny, Bernadette and Amy, I felt like I was watching Sex in the city. I miss Leslie Winkle SO MUCH.

Hey, I'm a woman and I wasn't happy with their scenes. Definitely not a sexist thing to say, it's all about the quality or lack there of. Actually, I used to watch Sex and the City and yet I was never bored with that...here, I was.

I can deal with a "so-so" episode every now and then. But the fact they are not doing a Christmas episode is very dissapointing.

Am able to watch episode tomorrow, but want to inquire about the voting option....could it be added?

The episode poll has now been added. :)

Thanks Tripper!

Am able to watch episode tomorrow, but want to inquire about the voting option....could it be added?

The episode poll has now been added. :)

Thanks Tripper!

They like the Penny/Sheldon hug christmas show. Likely will rerun it.

I would like to see a "so-so" episode. THAT would be an improvement. I am sticking by the show, but is is now more out of habit than love. I really miss the sharp writing of the first three seasons.

Netmouse, you are easily satisfied...I am with 4ofN (like that is a surprise) and a refreshing take from a woman viewer in Beech's excellent post that saved me 5 paragraphs of rant.

2 lesbian jokes, mocking geeks in a bullying episode, Sheldon BULLYING Leonard in hypocrisy numero uno, and Penny now having another bad trait to make her unsympathetic...plus no Howard and another lazy gay reference with Raj.

A comedy is supposed to be funny....this episode wasnt't and surprise

#1 in its time slot

I weep for America, pretty soon Idiocracy will be truth and we will have the 'batin' channel and Oww my balls as the most popular shows

and smeghead that "I only have to outrun you" joke is as old as Take my wife...please.

Shows the lack of creativity on this show now...

Oh well, I still have Mystery Science Theater 3000 (a show that is A+ creative and was funny for 10+ years...and wouldn't see the light of day in this day and age) old BBC shows, Modern Family, Grimm and Community

Seems shows in America can only last 4 seasons before dying...maybe there are too many episodes?

Stupid.

None of the things that happened made sense, the humor was really dry & too many themes from previous episodes were repeated.

Honestly, I feel like I could write a better Big Bang episode, this one is horrid.

By the way, what's happened to Sheldon?

I've been watching older episodes and in this one he's a total arsehat.

He's supposed to be annoying without intending to be!

I hope they fix over their mistakes made in these recent episodes by somehow having Leonard confront Sheldon for being a dick.

@Ima: I agree that it doesn't really take much to satisfy me in general. With regards to the show, I still enjoy it immensely and will always endeavour to find something positive in every episode.

That's just me.

By the way, what's happened to Sheldon?

I've been watching older episodes and in this one he's a total arsehat.

He's supposed to be annoying without intending to be!

This is something I've pointed out in the past and people keep excusing it somehow. Sheldon used to make comments that could be seen as insulting but it was inadvertent and so it was excusable. This was even something I could relate to - who hasn't said the wrong thing without realizing it.

But now? He is becoming mean. His comments are made out of a complete lack of respect for Leonard. I don't understand why Leonard is even still living with him.

What in the world are they doing to the Penny character? We now have a drunken, thieving, parasitical bimbo. It seems that every episode they come up with another reason to dislike her. Take her back to the way she was in the first few seasons. If this is supposed her deteriorating because of breaking up with Leonard and seeing him with other women then for the show's sake, have them get back together. As it is going the only character I like less is Amy, because of some of her creepy stalker comments she makes to Penny.

agreed let them eat withc just 5 and I'm (a little) satisfacted. In the early seasons i could remember an episode for a week, now i have to watch back every comment made.

Sorry to say but this was the worst episode of the season and the worst episode ever. This guy from Leonard´s highschool is the biggest jerk I`ve ever seen! He just sucked!
The only funny thing was Sheldon and the wi-fi password running gag.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

I didn't really like the ending with them running down the stairs from the bully. They are grown men and should be able to tell some one to get out of their apartment even if he was a high school bully, after all it is their apartment.

There were some funny parts but I think this episode was more on the serious side overall. I'm glad they're still putting the password bit in there every now and then. And Leonard line about bed wetting having is mother written all over it was a good tie to past episode.

One thing that didn't really make sense to me was that Amy and Bernie know Penny was a popular girl in highschool so why would they think she got bullied. They went through bullying so they know the people who were most likely to be the bullies.

And I was happy to not see Penny drinking

The ending of the episode with Sheldon and Leonard running from the big bully in their apartment was weak to say the least. As a matter of fact, calling it weak is giving it allot more credit then it deserves. It would have been much more satisfying if the guys had found some way to trick the jerk out into the hallway and then lock the door behind him. As it stands now, nothing has changed in the dynamic between the bully and Leonard since high school. I'm surprised they didn't show Leonard getting a wedgie by the clown.

This whole episode has me thinking. If you look at the show from the perspective that they have been re-tooling the show to appeal to the mainstream audience, you may come to a different conclusion about the entire show.

There has been some talk recently of the show changing from laughing WITH the geeks to laughing AT the geeks. Now, here we have a show where there are 2 bullies, neither of whom really end up feeling badly about what they did. Penny only saw giving to the poor as a way for her to buy more clothes herself and even referred to other donations as "things people threw away". Her line at the end about how taking the donations might not be right is minor considering that in context it was obviously after several prior thefts. I think the writers just threw that in to salvage a little bit of her character.

When initially confronted, both Penny and Speckerman made the excuse that they never realized that they were bullying but that they were just having fun and they thought that their victims were also having fun. This is of course balderdash and serves to excuse bullying rather than criticize it.

Note also that in the end the guys run away from Speckerman. So we have a show about bullying where bullying is excused and the bullies end up winning. Seems to me more like a story line meant to appeal to bullies than to their victims.

This falls in line with appealing not to the science / geek people who might have been bullied (the people who I think used to be the target audience), but rather to a mainstream audience who might think that bullying geeks is a reasonable topic for comedy.

This whole episode has me thinking. If you look at the show from the perspective that they have been re-tooling the show to appeal to the mainstream audience, you may come to a different conclusion about the entire show.

There has been some talk recently of the show changing from laughing WITH the geeks to laughing AT the geeks. Now, here we have a show where there are 2 bullies, neither of whom really end up feeling badly about what they did. Penny only saw giving to the poor as a way for her to buy more clothes herself and even referred to other donations as "things people threw away". Her line at the end about how taking the donations might not be right is minor considering that in context it was obviously after several prior thefts. I think the writers just threw that in to salvage a little bit of her character.

When initially confronted, both Penny and Speckerman made the excuse that they never realized that they were bullying but that they were just having fun and they thought that their victims were also having fun. This is of course balderdash and serves to excuse bullying rather than criticize it.

Note also that in the end the guys run away from Speckerman. So we have a show about bullying where bullying is excused and the bullies end up winning. Seems to me more like a story line meant to appeal to bullies than to their victims.

This falls in line with appealing not to the science / geek people who might have been bullied (the people who I think used to be the target audience), but rather to a mainstream audience who might think that bullying geeks is a reasonable topic for comedy.

Not to mention the irony when the guys were making fun of Zack about his lack of intelligence in Season 4, Penny scolded them for making fun of him. Her words were something like, "For guys who claim to have been bullied all the time in high school, you can be real jerks. Shame on all of you." It just adds to the shame that's piling on top of the Penny character for me.

But yeah, overall, this episode was a bad taste in my mouth. Typical plot device for what everyone assumes to be part of a geek's life, and people in their late twenties/early thirties acting like high school students. It's getting old. Not to mention the script was rather weak, aside from a few one-liners. And yeah, obvious question at the end of the episode: you're grown men, why don't you call the cops?

True. The show was trying to excuse bullies. I was trying to ignore that bit for the sake of giving the episode a chance. I took some psychology at university and one of the world renowned psychologists on Bullying taught one of my courses. She said that 98% of the time, bullies (at school, work, etc) are just on a power trip. They hurt people for power and that other 2% is made up of people who have been abused and tend to lash out at other people. So yeah, for the characters to think it was just 'funny' is only part of it. It's about a power trip...and I tried to ignore the big giant flaw here about Penny never caring about wanting power and control. 'cause she went from easy going, care free, nice perky girl to a drunk thieving bully? Doesn't make sense.

For this episode I was trying to go with the story and think, hey Penny thought she was pregnant at one point in high school so maybe she went along with what bullies were doing and she wasn't the actual bully. I could have believed that if she was more upset with what she did...but she wasn't.

She felt it was a chore to call people to apologize and it looked like her friends were the one forcing her to do that. And giving away clothes? I'm sorry but most people I know donate clothes. I do it all the time when you don't wear something anymore. I don't even look at donating clothes as charity. It's just a part of life.

If Penny wanted to do something good for people, because of the bullying, I think it would have been better if they found out something she could do for the people she bullied. Not just a lame phone call.

http://www.fanforum.com/f312/episode-5-11-speckerman-recurrence-12-08-11-a-63032864/

Look at that total opposite viwpoint from the ladies at Fan Forum...it almost made me ill.

You can see none of them have a problem with the lesbian jokes, because they all make them too! It's hilariously funny...really? It's a girl crush? I know of no women that would sit there deadpan and say I was looking forawrd to being your cellmate in a creepy fashion that caused her friend to grimace.

All of them think this episode was GREAT...and Sheldon actually liked Leonard...really? They forgot to notice he was ripping Leonard?

And this was a great stance against bullying...did they not see that the bully's (Jimmy AND Penny) WON?? It is apparent non of those ladies were bullied in HS

That is the demographic Big Bang is catering to...the lovey dovey .avis and every other post is who wants who and love,love,love...our former resident everything is great with the world Pomita quickly went over there to profess her Jim Parsons love...I mean, dammit. This show jumped the shark, and I was delusional to think maybe it was not so...much like Happy Day fans tried to cling to the hope that Fonzi really didn't waterski over a shark in the cheesiest scene in TV history

Sorry, this show is lost, and it is apropo that the last episode I will probably ever watch is a perfect metaphor on how this show was bullied away from the geeks and nerds who made it what it was and turned it into a maninstream lazy bitter 'romantic comedy' for the nincompoop average TV viewer

Oh well, I can always setup Minecraft servers, check out new VPN servers or betatest some software applications on Thursday