Bernadette is RUINING the Show!

Bernadette is annoying and NOT FUNNY. Her voice sounds like a cat being strangled.

At least Penny and Amy have unique personalities that are seperate from anyone else. But Bernadette is a futile attempt at mixing the blondeness of penny and the "smart-ness" of the Amy.

She tries way too hard to be "cute" and "nice", it ends up being BORING. Her comic timing is awful btw.

She does have big boobs though.

Anyway, why is the BBT trying to copy the "Friends" algorithm? It's been played out. 3 guys, 3 girls get into crazy shenanigans - been there, done that.

Bernadette is annoying and NOT FUNNY. Her voice sounds like a cat being strangled.

At least Penny and Amy have unique personalities that are seperate from anyone else. But Bernadette is a futile attempt at mixing the blondeness of penny and the "smart-ness" of the Amy.

She tries way too hard to be "cute" and "nice", it ends up being BORING. Her comic timing is awful btw.

She does have big boobs though.

Anyway, why is the BBT trying to copy the "Friends" algorithm? It's been played out. 3 guys, 3 girls get into crazy shenanigans - been there, done that.

I love Bernie. As for the friends parallel, friends was one of the most popular shows ever in the history of television...that's why. Not saying its the right move but its a formula for success

I like Bernadetta on the show. I think she's really cute and a good match to howard (except on a recent episode where she wouldn't let howard go into space). Her voice is one of the charms about her, I think her voice even makes her character sometimes. I think her style is really cute too. And I find her less annoying than Amy (I like Amy too, just not her sexual advance on Penny all the time)

Good or bad she isn't over used which is the main problem with Amy.

I agree with the Friends thing though. They decided to have the show become more mainstream, who needs intelligent humour eh? They needed more women for this and Howard and Raj have been getting the shaft and been virtually replaced with Amy and to a lesser extent Bernie.

I find that the whole bit about Howard being turned on by Bernadette morphing into his mother to be creepy. It was kind of humourous the first time due to its shock value, but now it just creeps me out.

Oedipus much?

I don't belive that Berni is ruining the show. Like the rest of the characters (with the obvious exception of Penny) she is a nerd by nature and as such some what quirky. I would not expect any character to be liked by every one, after all with out a little friction, we would not get the fire that keeps the story moving along.

I sse what you mean by the Friends comparison, but the characters are strong enough to stop the repetitivness of Friends and maintain the shows originality. We just need more SCIENCE ;)

I do not find Berni morphing into Howards mother creepy, although it is a little disconcerting that Howard finds it "Hot" :p

I find that the whole bit about Howard being turned on by Bernadette morphing into his mother to be creepy. It was kind of humourous the first time due to its shock value, but now it just creeps me out.

Oedipus much?

It's kinda to be expected though. Howard is a momma's boy. She makes meals for him, does his laudry, makes his bed, and any other taking care of she does. Also he still lives with her. I think alot of those things put together are what says he couldn't marry someone who isn't a least half his mother.

Though I do hope Bernadette makes him become more independent (or a least the trip into space does).

Oedipus much?

this is actually common. i minored in psychology and a lot of relationships are like that.

wife have some of the same characteristics to the husband's mother

and vice versa

howard grew up with his mom and is very attached...he got turned on when bernadette yelled at him the very first time at the hospital...

this is more of a child psychology field. howard acts like a child at times and he wants to be pampered by his mom and bernadette that is turning into a mother figure also

On the Friends subject, they can't keep the guys single forever, for their characters to evolve, they need the girls. I still feel disappointed that Raj has ended up being pushed into the background by Bernie and Amy. And can someone explain about Raj turning 'evil'? I just don't see it, although he did get a little naughty after Leonard got with Priya..

... And can someone explain about Raj turning 'evil'? I just don't see it, although he did get a little naughty after Leonard got with Priya..

Raj is evil because he acted in a totally dishonorable way in the finale of season 4.

Consider:

1. Leonard is one of Raj's best friends

2. Leonard has been mooning over Penny for 4 years

3. Leonard was crushed when Penny breaks up with him

4. Leonard is going to get hurt again when Priya moves home (which I am sure Raj knows about)

In that situation, when Penny tells Raj that she shouldn't have dumped Leonard, the honorable thing would have been for Raj to tell Leonard about it. Instead, Raj figures "Excellent, Penny is vulnerable. Perhaps I might have sex with her. And not only might I have sex with her, I just might have sex with her in Leonard's room, right in Leonard's bed".

Hence dishonorable douche-bag. Not my idea of a true friend.

:icon_arrowu: Don't forget the whole Raj/Bernie thing where Raj lusted after her(clarinet poem) (bollywood) tried to kiss her when drunk, and tried to undermine her relationship with Howard. (egging Howard on to propose when he thought she would say no.)

Raj deserves to have his little brown ass kicked.

I like Bernadette and her interactions between Penny and Amy as "the girlfriends". I haven't watched friends so I can't really comment on the paralells, but I quite like the new aspect she brings to the show because Penny and Amy probably wouldn't be able to get along together as well without her. What I actually like better about her character though is her references to her unseen lab work; like when she was absent because she was in quaranteen after taking jell-o shots from petri dished which used to contain yellow fever!

Okay sure Raj broke several 'bro code' rules by sleeping with Penny. Leonard also broke a cardinal bro code rule; 'don't sleep with your mate's sister', so maybe Raj felt justified. I didn't really think about the possibility that Raj might have had an alterior motive for sleeping with Penny, even though she did say she regretted breaking up with Leonard. I thought they were drunk and they were having fun and things just led to the bedroom. And of course it had to be Leonard's bed because that's where Raj was living at the time..

I don't think Bernadette is ruining the show. I generally like her but I think there's just a little too much of her and too much of her yelling now (like Howard's mom). For me, Amy's the one ruining the show and I don't like that Penny doesn't seem to be in it as much as her now. Yeah, and the fact Penny's a drunk now isn't helping either.

• 2 weeks later...