The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tech-Mechanic

I Hate Bernadette

Do you like Bernadette's character?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Bernadette's character?

• I can't stand that cow.
    • I love Bernadette!
    • Meh, She's OK. Doesn't bother me.
    • I don't mind her hanging around... I just hope she and Howard don't get married.

I have a feeling I'm in the minority here but, I hate Bernadette's character. She doesn't fit in with the dynamic of the show in my opinion, I can't stand her voice, and I don't think she's a good actress. I dislike everything about her.

I thought Howard was one of the best things about BBT for the first couple of seasons until he hooked up with that squeaking harpie... Now he's just boring.

Also, the show has gotten steadily less "geeky" since she was written in... I don't think that's all her fault, the writing has strayed further and further into "ordinary sitcom" territory since the beginning of the third season. BBT started out as a unique gem in the aggregate of the TV landscape. It was the only mainstream show that made jokes about comics, and video games, and Star Wars, and LOTR, ect. Now it's just about who's boning who, who's got the hots for who,... It's in real danger of becoming "Nerds: 90210". I mean seriously, how many confirmed dorks do you know who get laid as much as Leonard does?

Oh well, at least we still have Sheldon and Amy (the only two fun characters on the show at this point) They should have their own show!

OK. Rant complete. Please discuss.

I agree that the show has become a bit of a 90210 what with all the sex talk and who likes who, but I don't hate Bernadette, at least she's a nerd too. I think she's quite sweet, she's tiny and her voice matches her stature. I love how when she's angry she sounds just like Mrs Wolowitz. It's like he's in love with a younger version of his mum, being such a mummy's boy and all.

And I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of Howard in the first couple of seasons, he would have to be my least favourite 'Big Banger'.

I also think you're right about Leonard getting laid, I guess after he went out with Penny he took a step up in the world of women, and then hooking Priya, well she brought him up in the world of dating even more, what with the new clothes and contact lenses (even though they didn't last).

Can't say I hate Bernadette, but I totally agree with the overall downward spiral into the depths of "ordinary sitcom" territory. Lowbrow humor, lowest common denominator, just low in general.

I like Bernadette, I think she quitely fits in. She's still one of the side characters mostly, not like what they have done with Amy's character. I think Amy get entirely too much time compared to the original four.

I think its great that Bernadette has PhD but is totally different from the boys.

I also happen to like her style very much :D

All I know is that if they are going to push the whole Amy lusting after Penny to a conclusion, why, why, why couldn't it have been Bernadette lusting after Penny instead of Amy.

why, why, why couldn't it have been Bernadette lusting after Penny instead of Amy.

:icon_arrowu:

Keep you fingers crossed,:icon_rolleyes: they still have to have the bachelorette party. Anything can happen. And it will be on a thursday.

I have liked Bernie ever since she spun on the chair going Weee! I do that at work all the time. Slow damn network.

Sorry I adore Bernadette and in fact she is my favorite on the show

Melissa Rauch the comedianne who plays her is a horrible actor, but her line delivery is amazing...and she has classic ones, like the gonorrea with the wine, flesh eating bacteria, hoochie pants, and of course she could have all the big missles she wants

All I know is that if they are going to push the whole Amy lusting after Penny to a conclusion, why, why, why couldn't it have been Bernadette lusting after Penny instead of Amy.

That would have been funny

I don't really mind Bernadette, but I do agree that the show is become less geeky!

I mean, we rarely see an episode nowadays when it's just the guys being geeky with Halo and World of Warcraft, etc!

I didn't saw last season yet (I'm waiting to the end 'cause I wanna see only one shot! ) but I hope Howie will not marry her...no one must marry him!:icon_frown:

post-3392-134808097472_thumb.jpg

Bernadette needs to go,I find her role in the show boring and stiff and don't see her and Howard getting married,I think Bernadette will be gone by the end of season 5!(that is what I pray for anyway)

seems opinion is bernie is a beloved character personally i hate the writers who have taken a great show into the gutter dont get rid of bernie get rid of the amatuer writers

seems opinion is bernie is a beloved character personally i hate the writers who have taken a great show into the gutter dont get rid of bernie get rid of the amatuer writers

We should make posters and occupy their parking lots :)

I like bernie, she has had some truly funny and classic moments. I also think she is hotter and more down to earth than Penny.

I also agree that the show has slowly fallen away from 4 goofy nerds into a romantic comedy. In my opinion it's probably a necessary evil. A fan base that is made up only of die hard fanboys rarely keep shows on for very long. Firefly, anyone?? The relationship issues keep the female fanbase placated in between the nerd moments. I know if it was comics, scifi, and physics every week, there is no way i could get my girlfriend to watch. Here's a good comparison; When was the last action movie you saw that had no romantic subplot at all?? Why do u think that is??

Bernadette needs to go,I find her role in the show boring and stiff and don't see her and Howard getting married,I think Bernadette will be gone by the end of season 5!(that is what I pray for anyway)

I think the marriage will get messed up somehow, as well. I dont think itll be bernies exit from the show, though. If i had to guess, ill say raj and bernie will have a similar black out experience that raj did with penny. Im just going way out on a limb based on a couple little comments over time. Like when bernie was pissed off yelling at raj, and right before she slams the door yells, "of course, ur a cuteypie!!"... and its no secret that raj likes her.... yeah, its far fetched but if it happens i want to be the first on record that called it...

I love Bernadette! Nice to see a female with glasses, short, etc on the show and I like that she has a nerd touch too. I do agree that the women and relationships need to really be on the back burner. I could do with less Amy and Penny even. I hope they keep her, although marriage isn't really what I care to see incorporated in the show - unless maybe it's the last season.

Not a fan of Bernadette either. I think she would be OK if she were a recurring character, say 2 or 3 times per season in small appearances; same for Amy.

I would MUCH prefer to see Leslie Winkle bacl, along with Dr. Gablehouser and Sheldon's sister, and Penny's Dad.

I would also like to see the focus back on the core characters and the celebration of nerd/geek culture we once had.