I Hate Bernadette

Do you like Bernadette's character?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Bernadette's character?

• I can't stand that cow.
    • I love Bernadette!
    • Meh, She's OK. Doesn't bother me.
    • I don't mind her hanging around... I just hope she and Howard don't get married.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmm, I confess I don´t like Bernadette character I see her INSIPID.

Posted Images

Hi,

I joined this site so I could say that I do not like Bernadette.

The character is not funny and brings Howard down.

I would like to see the return of Leslie. I liked watching her manipulate Howard and battle with Sheldon.

The show was better when they were buying comic books and bothering Dr. Gablehouser.

I joined this site so I could say that I do not like Bernadette.

The character is not funny and brings Howard down.

that's the complete opposite of me:

I like Bernadette, I think she's funny, and makes Howard funnier.

her character has become one of my favs.

I don't mind her, she isn't a favorite though, she puts Howard into line, I find him too rude at times, they had to tone him down. I like the ep where even penny couldn't stand his behavior & he wouldn't talk to anyone and sat in his room, she brought him to tears lol.

I like her, but I think howard and bernadette's relationship is starting to get a little boring.

really? see, I like how they relate to & talk to each other.

like just this past episode when when talking about Sheldon, and Bernadette was like, "you're being mean to him". I don't know, I liked how they communicated.

her voice bothered me at first but then I got used to it and it fits her.

I like her, but I think howard and bernadette's relationship is starting to get a little boring.

really? see, I like how they relate to & talk to each other.

like just this past episode when when talking about Sheldon, and Bernadette was like, "you're being mean to him". I don't know, I liked how they communicated.

her voice bothered me at first but then I got used to it and it fits her.

Yeah, I agree they are good together. I guess it's starting to get predictable to me, which is what happens in relationships in real life too.

Bernadette is fine in small doses. Same for Amy. I think the writers are running out of material for the core 5 characters so they're trying to bring in fresh blood. It's the downfall of almost every sitcom. I'd like to see Sheldon's mother make another visit but PLEASE no Leslie Winkle. She's really hard on the eyes and ears.

Howard was a little too creepy to be nerdish like the rest of the group. When he started chasing the girl in the park just because he thought she smiled at him made him too creepy. Bernadette has toned him down to a perfect nerd level but she's also a great female nerd herself. She has no sense of humor just like Sheldon and loves Howard the same way Leonard loves Penny. That's just like any nerd would love a cute pretty girl like Penny. Howard is just as devoted to Bernadette as Leonard is to Penny. Good reflection there.

• 1 month later...

I like her. The voice is a little bit awful but I've gotten used to it. I love that she said straight up she's "much smarter than Howard" and I loved the way she yelled at Sheldon's mother at the wedding. I also like how she's sort of in-between Penny and Amy - she's smart but not just a brain; she's pretty but it's not her main defining quality. And she's upstanding but not perfect - I laughed really hard when she ran back for the boots at the donation bin. "It's okay I serve soup to poor people!" :D

I like her. The voice is a little bit awful but I've gotten used to it. I love that she said straight up she's "much smarter than Howard" and I loved the way she yelled at Sheldon's mother at the wedding. I also like how she's sort of in-between Penny and Amy - she's smart but not just a brain; she's pretty but it's not her main defining quality. And she's upstanding but not perfect - I laughed really hard when she ran back for the boots at the donation bin. "It's okay I serve soup to poor people!" :D

Sheldon's mother wasn't at the wedding. She was yelling at Howard's mother.

Sheldon's mother wasn't at the wedding. She was yelling at Howard's mother.

Oops, yeah, that was what I meant.

I have a feeling I'm in the minority here but, I hate Bernadette's character. She doesn't fit in with the dynamic of the show in my opinion, I can't stand her voice, and I don't think she's a good actress. I dislike everything about her.

I thought Howard was one of the best things about BBT for the first couple of seasons until he hooked up with that squeaking harpie... Now he's just boring.

Also, the show has gotten steadily less "geeky" since she was written in... I don't think that's all her fault, the writing has strayed further and further into "ordinary sitcom" territory since the beginning of the third season. BBT started out as a unique gem in the aggregate of the TV landscape. It was the only mainstream show that made jokes about comics, and video games, and Star Wars, and LOTR, ect. Now it's just about who's boning who, who's got the hots for who,... It's in real danger of becoming "Nerds: 90210". I mean seriously, how many confirmed dorks do you know who get laid as much as Leonard does?

Oh well, at least we still have Sheldon and Amy (the only two fun characters on the show at this point) They should have their own show!

OK. Rant complete. Please discuss.

Great rant! :icon_lol:

I disagree completely, I love Bernie... but I enjoyed reading your rant. Very funny! ("A squeaking harpie" - double LOL! I love Bernie, but if the shoe fits... :icon_lol:)

I love Bernie... her first introduction to us, not so much. She came off as even more naive, flat and dry as a baby robot. Since then, she is been one of my favorite characters. And, omg, she is smoking hawt!!!!!! I'd pick Bernie over any other girl in the show any day.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I wouldn't hate Bernie if I were you. She's a very vengeful person with access to Weaponized Smallpox ...

tumblr_m1mjj1VxON1qcn0c2o1_500.gif

true Bernadette is one too many, and probably would be better starring in another series altogether. Amy is just .. boring ! she takes up screen space, and despite finally having friends always wants more, and more. and more. And assuming she's discovered (rechargeable) batteries, why does she keep making a point of wanting companionship instead of looking for it in the right places? ie, not Sheldon. She's supposedly too smart not to realize that she's barking up the wrong tree. And since when did she become so incredibly demanding? She's supposed to be an external character. I say her entire lab show go up in smoke after some experiment goes bad =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Bernadette! There have been so many times where she was given a very ordinary line, and she effortlessly made it hilarious. Sometimes she doesn't say anything at all, and she smiles at Howard and you don't know if she's thinking of kissing him, or how easy it would be to sneak weaponized small pox into his lunch box if he ever cheated on her. lol