The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tech-Mechanic

I Hate Bernadette

Do you like Bernadette's character?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Bernadette's character?

• I can't stand that cow.
    • I love Bernadette!
    • Meh, She's OK. Doesn't bother me.
    • I don't mind her hanging around... I just hope she and Howard don't get married.

I'm fairly new to these boards and I'm kind of amazed at anyone hating any of the characters.

I really enjoy all of the characters and I think the writing is generally brilliant, hitting all the right nerd spots, even with the growing relationships.

I don't think it's becoming like Friends or 90210 , or a soap opera.

I think Bernadette is a lot of fun, especially because she loves Howard. If it weren't for her, he could have quickly become stuck in a rut as a perpetually pathetic loser trying to impress women.

I like the way he met Bernadette and the way they came together. I love that she's attracted to him for many of the reasons that other women dismissed him. And she has strengths and quirks of her own.

The sex talk can be amusing at times, however sexual innuendos are made in each of the newer episodes, bringing the intelligence of the show down,detracting the humor of the 'nerd' lifestyle,which is what the show is based around.

They have most likely introduced the new(er) girls and the dating arcs to draw in more viewers, but do they really have to ruin the show (No is the answer you are searching for to the semi-redundant question stated).

What's next? Poop jokes?

God Forbid !

What's next? Poop jokes?

I'm kind of lukewarm on the Bernie character, but I'd like to point out that poop jokes have been a feature of this series from the get go.

Example: Sheldon evacuates his bowels every morning at a set time, and as per the roommate agreement, gets the bathroom at this time.

Yes, but they are not in-your-face (excuse the phraseology) poop jokes, like burning dog poo bags and other jokes at an Adam Sandler or Jackass level.

Yes, but they are not in-your-face (excuse the phraseology) poop jokes, like burning dog poo bags and other jokes at an Adam Sandler or Jackass level...all the humor here is in good taste (again, please excuse the phraseology).

Yes, but they are not in-your-face (excuse the phraseology) poop jokes, like burning dog poo bags and other jokes at an Adam Sandler or Jackass level...all the humor here is in good taste (again, please excuse the phraseology).

Um...didn't Sheldon talk about having sent in a sample of dog poo from a bag to the FBI?

The show has always made poop jokes, fart jokes, sex jokes, etc. the humor has always been a combination of low-brow guy humor and geek humor and science references.

I don't see that that aspect of the show has changed with the inclusion of Bernadette and Amy.

IMO the actress who plays Bernadette has one of the hardest jobs on the show build a likeable character largely by interacting with Howard and Raj. I think Melissa has done a wonderful job.

IMO the actress who plays Bernadette has one of the hardest jobs on the show build a likeable character largely by interacting with Howard and Raj. I think Melissa has done a wonderful job.

What's amazing is that we believe she really loves the disgusting Howard; she's that good. I've always enjoyed her sweet delivery of offbeat lines; 'I'm really a very vengeful person.' You always kind of wondered what she was whipping up in her lab. I hope they continue that & don't just turn her into a second Mrs. Wolowitz.

Her name is Bernadette Maryann Rostenkowski-Wolowitz so she`s Mrs Wolowitz 2.0 :D and she does a great job when she´s doing the Mrs Wolowitz voice (her mother in laws voice) :D

Simon is brilliant though and not to be underestimated IMO. His timing is so good.

Her name is Bernadette Maryann Rostenkowski-Wolowitz so she`s Mrs Wolowitz 2.0 :D and she does a great job when she´s doing the Mrs Wolowitz voice (her mother in laws voice) :D

Nuh-huh; as Sheldon pointed out they'd be known as "Dr. and Mr. Rostenkowski" she being the doctor & the breadwinner:icon_cheesygrin:

I love Bernadette. They have been putting her in nighties

All I could look at was boobs

She's beautiful. And I like Melissa