Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

5.12: Shiny Trinket Maneuver (Jan 12th 2012)

How do you rate the episode?   13 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmm, looks like they forgot Bernadette's mother ran an illegal childcare. She didn't go to work and leave Bernadette home to care for her siblings.

Posted

I liked the report! Much better episode than the last one. I mean every episode was better than the last one that aired!

Posted

Please put spoiler alert before posting the whole episode in text form...a nice synopsis is nice, and I think most people knwo they can go to Fan Forum to ruin the episode before seeing it

Posted

PENNY TEACHES SHELDON TO BE A BETTER BOYFRIEND, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, JAN. 12

“The Shiny Trinket Maneuver” – Sheldon gets in trouble with Amy when he isn’t impressed by her recent accomplishment, and Howard must come to grips with Bernadette’s dislike of children, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 12 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Posted

Another Shamy episode! This will be good because they have never really had that big of a fight ;) can't wait to see it :D

Posted

Oh no! Not another episode of the Amy show! I fear I can't take much more. This used to be a great show.

Posted

Yes lets get back to the lab.

Posted

This will be good because they have never really had that big of a fight

You might have missed an episode there, Sparky. or should I say Zazzy?

I liked the report! Much better episode than the last one. I mean every episode was better than the last one that aired!

:icon_rolleyes: , see my sig.

Posted

Hmm, looks like they forgot Bernadette's mother ran an illegal childcare. She didn't go to work and leave Bernadette home to care for her siblings.

This may be why she doesn't like kids... often people don't realise how much they like kids until they have some of their own.

Posted

It wasn't a Amy or shamy centered episode people.

I'm trying to figure out why the guys are friends at time they're kind of jerks and mean to one another, it's like Sheldon is their for them for comedy relief while the Leonard, raj and Howard makes me wonder why they're friends at time.

So either Howard will be a stay at home dad( which I can't really see that when his mom is right there) or him or Bernadette don't get married and there goes the wedding.

Posted

I thought it was another anomaly that the writers overlooked (Bernadette having been around kids before) but then I figured she's always been good at telling kids off. :p Remember when she told Sheldon off in the Einstein episode.

Also, spoiler: Is it just me who missed something or was that Sheldon's first voluntary peck on the lips?

Posted

I had a good time with the episode, especially Bernardette verbally smacking the one kid during Howard's magic act ("You got rocks in your ears, kid?"). And Sheldon in the jewelry store becoming infatuated with the railroad pocket watch when he is supposed to be getting Amy an 'I Apologize' present--Sheldon and his trains again! And Amy breaking into song mid-way through her tirade to Sheldon as she takes the tiara out of the bag just put me onto the floor. Though I'm still catching up on the series via syndication, it's become 'must see' for me on Thursdays. Where the heck have I BEEN the last five years, LOL?

Posted

Just watched it and it's not a Shamy as I expected. One other thing is that they are not Koala Bears, they are just Koalas they are not a bear, Sheldon would know that.

Posted

The one good laugh I got was when Bernadette told off the kid. They have painted her as a good soul, kind to all, and now she hates kids? Of course, this may well just disappear and the show proceed as if it never happened. They did, after all, as I pointed out in a previous post, forget that Bernadette's mother didn't, "go to work." She ran an illegal child care at home. Next week Bernadette could be building a nursery.

Did anyone notice, we now have 2 episodes in a row where Penny didn't get drunk? Yay! Amy did say she was disappointed in Penny and added, "but we both know that won't last." At least it wasn't a blatantly lecherous remark. Yay, again!

Posted

It's spelled Manoeuvre. Jewelry is spelled jewellery and is pronounced that way. I suppose soon nuclear will be spelled nucular because of mispronunciation. Koalas aren't bears and it is pronounced ko-ala not kwala.

TBBT sure is full of inconsistancies and out of character behaviour. I suppose my still watching the show is a bit like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look but it's hard not to and I keep hoping it'll change back to the way it was.

Posted

The Jenga Filming Error.

Please tell me people saw the HUGE jenga mistake. Raj made a move and then they continued their conversation and then he made the exact same move. Granted I don't know the rules of whatever kind of jenga they were playing but it's pretty safe to say...

I think from memory thats the first mistake I have seen, the break over christmas must of had something to do with it.

Mulface

Posted

It's spelled Manoeuvre. Jewelry is spelled jewellery and is pronounced that way. I suppose soon nuclear will be spelled nucular because of mispronunciation. Koalas aren't bears and it is pronounced ko-ala not kwala.

TBBT sure is full of inconsistancies and out of character behaviour. I suppose my still watching the show is a bit like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look but it's hard not to and I keep hoping it'll change back to the way it was.

Maneuver and jewelry are American spellings. This is an American program. English speaking people in different parts of the world - and in different parts of the same country - pronounce words differently, particularly vowel sounds. Even with an "education", you still retain some of the accent you had as a child.

Posted

People saying this isn't an Amy episode have me thinking I might change my mind and watch this. Then Sheldon is buying her an apology present and she's breaking into song. I just can't watch anymore while she's in it. The fact her and Bernadette appeared in the People's Choice clips shows they are now considered main characters on equal terms with the rest of the cast. That I hate with a passion. Then they get more lines than some of the established originals. I'm sad to say it but I'm done, I hate giving up and even though the season four finale ruined the show I really tried to force myself into giving them a chance to come back, but they've just gotten worse and worse. Its now a different show to the one I got into, they've turned an original and intelligent show into a cheap unfunny Friends clone. The difference being Friends was actually good and consistent from start to finish.

When even the description of a show makes you sad and angry it's time to admit its over. Bye people.

Posted

I liked the episode!

The best scene was Amy with the tiara I totally cracked up! :D ;D Mayim was just great! And the hugging scene with Sheldon and Amy was so cute!

And the audience loved it to

Yeah it was really cool, that Sheldon tooked an advice from Leonard.

And I loved Howards magic tricks! And also in front of these kids! My favourite kid was this boy who showed Howard a picture with this milk jar and he said that he knows how the trick goes And then Howard ruined the trick it was so funny :D

Sorry I find joy in Howards misfortune but its comedy so I can laugh about it :D

Howard´s mother was great too! I missed her!

And Sheldon´s Koala face awwwwwwwwww Isn´t that sweet?

And I`m not bitter that Bernadette doesn`t feel comfortable around kids (she´s not the only TV charackter who´s like that: Captain Picard didn`t like kids so much and also principal Snyder and I still like booth charackters!) I mean she´s not perfect whatever...but I feel a little sorry for Howard...anyway the end was sweet with Bernadette and Howard! They´re a great couple!

And if some particular people don´t wanna watch the show anymore: Not my problem :D You don`t have to know how this season ends :D :D But I will :D :D

I love Comedy Series and TBBT is my favourite for ever! Can´t wait till next week!

Posted

Wow, where are you from? Kudos on the nucular, I hate it when someone pronounces it that way. Koalas surely aren't bears, they aren't even mammals. But, maneuver and jewelry are spelled correctly. That is the way we spell them in the USA. For that matter, most of us pronounce jewelry sort of jewlry. Every place has its little quirks. Hey the Brits pronounce aluminum, aluminium and lieutenant, leftenant. Doesn't make 'em wrong.

Posted

Sorry Wayelrob but it's WRONG. They are NOT spelled correctly. There is only one way to spell English words correctly. When you change the spelling to reflect a mispronunciation you start to end up with a mess. Americans have changed apologise and put a "z" in it to match a mispronunciation. English is full of French and Nordic words which are meant to be pronounced the original way. Coupe is French and is pronounced coopay not coop. That's where a chicken lives. It's really annoying and more so when Sheldon does it. He's a pedant and would get these things right.

Posted

Well, yes - I doubt someone remembers me, but I decided to come back!

Just watched the new episode (at last!) and I'm pretty happy with what I saw. Sheldon and Amy are so cute together, that they bring joy to my life :D. The best scene was, of course, with tiara! I couldn't stop laughing :D. Also, pocket watches are cool 8).

Posted

Am I the only one who didn't think Amy's reaction to the tiara was side-splittingly funny? I'm seeing comments everywhere that it was the best part of the episode, and I just thought it was mildly amusing but moreso obnoxious, namely the part where she repeated "put it on me" 74 times.