Everything Christmas

netmouse

Ho, ho, ho kiddies !!

With the "silly season" just around the corner, I thought I would start a Christmas thread.

Feel free to post your plans for the holidays, wishlists.. anything Christmas !!

I'm looking forward to my first xmas night off work in 10 years. I still have to work xmas eve into the morning, but come 8am, I'm all tinsel and bon-bons for 3 whole days !!

Home to make salad and stuffing, a loving phone call to my kids to wish them a great day with their mother, then off to my mum and dads for lunch with the immediate family and my GF.

Happy day filled with turkey and Jack Daniels !! :icon_wink:

Sounds like you have a nice Christmas planned there,Nettie.

Now that we have all flown the nest, we tend to stay at our various home on Xmas day and then congregate in the folks house on the 26th with the presents for about 15 kids. Great fun.

On Christmas Day I will, whenever I get up, start making my massive fry-up and then settle down in front of "It's a Wonderful life" with my grub and Erdinger beer.

Love "It's a Wonderful Life" so that sounds like a perfect Xmas for me Smeghead. I will be driving from one side of town (about 1 hours drive there and another 1 hr back) to attend Xmas Lunches and afternoons, sadly it's my turn to drive so no Christmas Cheer for me until I get home, then I'll be too knackered to want any.

Well, it is just me and my son, he goes to his Mother's because we don't celebrate Xmas. He doesn't like it but I tell him it's for his mom.

I am involved in Buddhist Philosophy (it's not a religion only a small % practice it as such) and do not believe in the Christian belief.

I save a lot of money as well as finding more peace with the more blunt Buddhist look on life and spirtuality.

I do watch two weird movies on Xmas though

Both are Mystery Science 3000 Theater riffs

Santa Claus vs the Martians

Santa Claus (a mexican movie)

@Netmouse & Toronado Hope you'll get to spent time with them on other occasions!

Since 6 years ago today my youngest brother passed away due to a brain hemmorhage, Christmas is always a bit difficult. It gets better each year though...

This year I am hosting Christmas dinner for my mum & sis at my place & on Boxing day we all go to Mum's place as my oldest brother , wife & my niece come up then. He works shifts so it's always a lot of planning on their side to also visit his inlaws..

We watch movies or play games, generally have fun! Since the networks show the same movies each year, we try to buy DVD's of the movies that we want to see & play them so we enjoy it :)

@Netmouse & Toronado Hope you'll get to spent time with them on other occasions!

Since 6 years ago today my youngest brother passed away due to a brain hemmorhage, Christmas is always a bit difficult. It gets better each year though...

This year I am hosting Christmas dinner for my mum & sis at my place & on Boxing day we all go to Mum's place as my oldest brother , wife & my niece come up then. He works shifts so it's always a lot of planning on their side to also visit his inlaws..

We watch movies or play games, generally have fun! Since the networks show the same movies each year, we try to buy DVD's of the movies that we want to see & play them so we enjoy it :)

@ Jacks : thanks dear Jacks,I'm sure of that...but I wanna pick 'em up with me for the rest of our lives 'cause they got hard moments 'bout family situation...they're my heart!