The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

5.13. The Recombination Hypothesis (Jan 19th 2012)

How do you rate the episode?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

I did laugh a number of times. That puts this episode higher than most of this season in my opinion. I didn't like Leonard mentioning Penny sleeping with Raj during the dream date. Its a bit late to be putting a spine in the character. They missed that train. I thought the juvenile tittering of Raj and Howard was a bit much. Once would have been enough, more was like they were a couple of 8 year olds. The Spock disappointment was funny. I really liked the way Leonard and Penny smiled at each other, then he just walked up and asked her out. That was cool and a big leap forward for him. Didn't bother me that it turned out to be a dream. I think Leonard, with his mind, would go through it all, in his head first. He imagined all the things that could go wrong, then in the end he asked her out for real. I think the implication is, he will not make those mistakes. Sadly, she didn't really keep his old inhaler. That was such a sweet moment, but alas was part of the dream.

Penny is insecure and will always have to deal with the fact that Leonard is good for her except for the fact that he is not physically what she is turned on by. I think that scares her. It's like, "I love him and I know he loves me, but is he really the one?" She is also troubled that she is not smart enough to be right for him. Leonard needs to deal with these things. He is, after all, the smart one. Let's hope the writers understand this. Of course, I am setting myself up for disappointment. There is no evidence that they have any understanding of a back story.

Since when have the writers shown they're capable of that

Yeah I think it's a starter, really Leonard needs to have respect for Penny, but then I think the show has to start to respect Penny a little more for that to happen, show her doing something she is good at. She doesn't have to become a "STAR" she could easily do some theatre work (but not sing), and she really turns out to be a good actress etc.

I'm not sure if Leonard respects himself much less penny, the writers don't respect penny it's been 4 1/2 years and she still doesn't have a last name we still don't know much about her life outside of wanting to be a actress, wouldn't she get tired of being a waitress waiting for her break and we hardly no anything about her life growing up or family.

Sorry, but I really don't understand this episode All the episode is Leonard's dream??? And real life started at 18:30 minutes? Therefore, they don't have a date??

Heeeeey, please explain me this episode...

Sorry, but I really don't understand this episode All the episode is Leonard's dream??? And real life started at 18:30 minutes? Therefore, they don't have a date??

Heeeeey, please explain me this episode...

Isn't the 100th episode suppose to be special, when they go all out to make it that way not where you can't wait for it to be over and will soon forget, plus wouldn't Leonard be dreaming of him and penny like married with a family and not fighting, plus I see some people will like an episode even if it's garbage as long as l/p are together, raise your standards people, and they're not together just going out on a date like the end of season 1, next episode will probably be the date and then will see what happens after that.

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory finished a strong second in the ratings for its time slot and narrowly beat American Idol in the key adults 18-49 demographic.

The 100th episode of The Big Bang Theory, "The Recombination Hypothesis", was watched by 15.71 million people, down slightly from last week's recent high of 16.13m viewers. In the ever important adults 18-49 demographic, The Big Bang Theory was down only a tenth from last week with a 5.2/14 rating. The 18-49 rating puts The Big Bang Theory narrowly ahead of Idol, which scored a 5.1 rating in the half hour. The Big Bang Theory finished second in the ratings by total viewers and households and was the night's highest-rated scripted program.

-Updated ratings will be available later. It's possible American Idol or TBBT may be adjusted so it's not certain that TBBT beat Idol in the 18-49 demo. Pretty impressive ratings nonetheless.

The way I see it, this episode was essentially about Leonard overthinking things (apparently that includes imagining Sheldon, Raj, and Howard playing Settlers of Catan when Leonard isn't even in the room xD). Just like in the first season, he overthought a lot of things involving Penny, which held him back from attempting a relationship with her. In this episode, Leonard was thinking about what would happen if he asked Penny out again after being apart for 2 years and how it would go. Essentially, he's trying to calculate if it's worth the trouble of trying a relationship again, or if there's even a positive outcome. What he ended up imagining didn't have a good outcome, but when he snapped out of his daydream, my guess is he realized that not all outcomes can be calculated, and he cared enough about Penny to try again, even though he couldn't see it ending well. That's some growth on Leonard's part, taking a chance and going against his internal logic.

Overall, I liked this episode. Sheldon was more like Sheldon (thinking about things that only involve him, being a geek, and contemplating alternate universes instead of acting like a kid or bully), Leonard mentioned a bit of science (with the sudden focus on his love life, he didn't really sound like a genius/nerd for quite some time), and Amy didn't drop a lesbian joke. I also believe this is an attempt to show where Leonard and Penny are going, that they can't get back together right away without working out their issues with each other, and it won't just be a happy ending when they do get back together. That's probably what will keep their relationship interesting, rather than the getting back together/breaking up again scenario.

The way I see it, this episode was essentially about Leonard overthinking things (apparently that includes imagining Sheldon, Raj, and Howard playing Settlers of Catan when Leonard isn't even in the room xD). Just like in the first season, he overthought a lot of things involving Penny, which held him back from attempting a relationship with her. In this episode, Leonard was thinking about what would happen if he asked Penny out again after being apart for 2 years and how it would go. Essentially, he's trying to calculate if it's worth the trouble of trying a relationship again, or if there's even a positive outcome. What he ended up imagining didn't have a good outcome, but when he snapped out of his daydream, my guess is he realized that not all outcomes can be calculated, and he cared enough about Penny to try again, even though he couldn't see it ending well. That's some growth on Leonard's part, taking a chance and going against his internal logic.

Overall, I liked this episode. Sheldon was more like Sheldon (thinking about things that only involve him, being a geek, and contemplating alternate universes instead of acting like a kid or bully), Leonard mentioned a bit of science (with the sudden focus on his love life, he didn't really sound like a genius/nerd for quite some time), and Amy didn't drop a lesbian joke. I also believe this is an attempt to show where Leonard and Penny are going, that they can't get back together right away without working out their issues with each other, and it won't just be a happy ending when they do get back together. That's probably what will keep their relationship interesting, rather than the getting back together/breaking up again scenario.

Well if he was calculating the outcome of asking out penny again why didn't he have a positive to go along with the negative, instead of the ones he had assuming if he asks her out it would be like it was, plus they do need to work on their issues if they want to make it work or it'll be same thing over again and won't have a future if all the do is fight, plus he does need to stop overthinking things just because you have a high iq doesn't mean everthing can be proven or calculated, as for Amy it wasn't a lesbian joke but she made sex jokes and commented on penny in the racy dress, now I agree it's good to see old Sheldon the genius back and not the acting like a child one not sure when he's been a bully, yes he's a little rude unintenionally due to his lack of social skills but not a bully, Leonard not acting like a geek or nerd he seems to be afraid of this like he doesn't want to be one and isn true to himslf at times where he doesn't want to be seen as one until he accepts who he is and this is who he is he'll have roadblocks

I did laugh a number of times. That puts this episode higher than most of this season in my opinion. I didn't like Leonard mentioning Penny sleeping with Raj during the dream date. Its a bit late to be putting a spine in the character. They missed that train. I thought the juvenile tittering of Raj and Howard was a bit much. Once would have been enough, more was like they were a couple of 8 year olds. The Spock disappointment was funny. I really liked the way Leonard and Penny smiled at each other, then he just walked up and asked her out. That was cool and a big leap forward for him. Didn't bother me that it turned out to be a dream. I think Leonard, with his mind, would go through it all, in his head first. He imagined all the things that could go wrong, then in the end he asked her out for real. I think the implication is, he will not make those mistakes. Sadly, she didn't really keep his old inhaler. That was such a sweet moment, but alas was part of the dream.

Penny is insecure and will always have to deal with the fact that Leonard is good for her except for the fact that he is not physically what she is turned on by. I think that scares her. It's like, "I love him and I know he loves me, but is he really the one?" She is also troubled that she is not smart enough to be right for him. Leonard needs to deal with these things. He is, after all, the smart one. Let's hope the writers understand this. Of course, I am setting myself up for disappointment. There is no evidence that they have any understanding of a back story.

I agree with the raj comment a little too late and only in the dream he has a back bone, but in the real time he was confused and kind of accepted it and didn't even bother him, he didn't have to get angry but maybe ask raj or penny what's going on at least

A Fantastic Episode. One of the best of the series. Leonard/Penny FTW.

I was really satisfied. Basically the dream sequence addressed what some people who don't like Leonard/Penny think and at the end Leonard still wants to date Penny and to be with Penny. So the problems they have, they both do realize them. So yeah they have things to work on and it won't be all great overnight but they want to be together. Really do like how it was done. A good step forward. No, A GREAT STEP FORWARD.

So you'll like any episode as long as they're together in it? The reason people don't like them together is all they do is fight who wants to see that all the time? They didn't address it just Leonard's dream sequence realizing they have promblems, current penny and Leonard have addressed them and they need to if they want a future, not sure what step forward when it's just his dream sequence.

This is just turning into a rom-com.

The original plot is disappearing each and every new episode I see and they are spending far too much time on relationships now.

I can tell its time for me to stop watching this show as my girlfriend is beginning to like it now its turned into Friends 2 LOL

As much as I love this show if they are turning into friends 2.0 it's more like a poor version of friends, isn't the show about relationships from the start

Not the worst of the season but not the best. Parts I liked: Leonard asking Penny out that way, it didn't seem creepy to me at all...more like a realization that he still had feelings for her. - Sheldon obsessing over the Spock cut out was very much like Sheldon from previous seasons. - Raj and Howard laughing at a 'joke' Sheldon said while playing the game (one of the jokes, yes, ONE, made me smile and it was the only point during the show that I did smile).

Didn't like: That Bernadette and Amy were in this. Seriously they were totally unnecessary and really don't need to be at Penny's 24/7. Don't they have lives? Busy lives with their big-time jobs? I know people who work in Call Centers (who work 10 hour days) who barely have time to hang out with friends and here are two PHd's having all this free time. Unrealistic and kind of annoying seeing them ALL the time when they don't need to be there.

- The day-dream idea was lame. Not much else to say about it.

- The wood jokes. One was fine, by the third one I was getting tired of it, then it kept going on and I seriously considered just erasing it off my PVR and not bother watching the rest. I kept watching though, hoping it'd get better. It didn't.

- For a 100th episode, it sucked. Most shows I watch(ed), when they get to episode 100, they try do something special. Whether it's just an intense episode or really funny, it doesn't matter. Something nice would have been good. I would have settled for an episode of the quality of the ones during S1-3 though.

- I was bored during the entire episode & it's once again making me wonder why I'm still watching. I really hope it gets better or might actually stop watching all together.

Well Amy and Bernadette are part of the main cast if notice they're no longer listed as guest stars, now we don't know what day it was, but let's say it was during the week do they need to be over all the time I guess not, just because they have jobs and phds doesn't mean they don't have time for their friends, I thought it was funny they said they wanted to get back to the pilot yet Bernadette and Amy weren't on the show then.

The Big Bang Theory finished ahead of Fox behemoth American Idol in the key 18-49 ratings demographic last night. Idol, now in its eleventh season, dominated the night's ratings, despite a year to year decline of around 25% in its ratings.

The 100th episode of The Big Bang Theory was watched by 15.83 million people, down only marginally from last week's audience of 16.13 million viewers. The Big Bang Theory finished second, behind Idol, in total viewers and households.

In the important 18-49 demographic, Big Bang beat American Idol in the same half-hour period with a 5.3/15 rating to Idol's 5.2/15. Idol's 18-49 rating rose to 5.7/15 for the 8 o'clock hour as a whole. Both Big Bang and Idol were adjusted up a tenth of a rating point in the final ratings. The Big Bang Theory matched its 18-49 rating from last week, seemingly unhurt by the return of the popular reality show. The Big Bang Theory was the night's most-watched and highest-rated scripted program. American Idol was the top show of the night overall.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1662/The-Big-Bang-Theory-tops-American-Idol-in-key-ratings/

liked this one. going back to when it was funny. Nearly none Amy and Bernadette, and the guys playing a game with Sheldon acting like he did(doesn't understand how other players think). I hope they will go on with this, and we get a season 1-3 like thing.

ps. Who also thougt that this could be a simple start of writing bernadette out. they started with the baby thing, I am gone when we break up. I only would like it more if Amy must go instead of Bernadette

Didn't like: That Bernadette and Amy were in this. Seriously they were totally unnecessary and really don't need to be at Penny's 24/7. Don't they have lives? Busy lives with their big-time jobs? I know people who work in Call Centers (who work 10 hour days) who barely have time to hang out with friends and here are two PHd's having all this free time. Unrealistic and kind of annoying seeing them ALL the time when they don't need to be there.

[edit] i'm glad they were only 2 mins in the episode, and amy, bernadetty probabely also, have no live.

Well Amy and Bernadette are part of the main cast if notice they're no longer listed as guest stars

Which is part of the problem, IMHO. Too many "main" characters. It should be Sheldon, Leonard and Penny, with Raj and Howard as supporting cast. Anybody else should be guests. That, in my eyes, is the formula that put the show where it is. But whateva. It's not my show to write, and I haven't gotten to the point where I don't like watching it. Well, other than episode 5.11.

I agree. I didn't like much of the female interaction either. I know Penny is a main character but I could almost do without her some, just focus on the 4 guys. I like having Howard and Raj more "main" as well. It would be fun to do a nerdy episode with just the 4 guys. Have Penny take a more lead role say in the episode after that. Like someone said it being a Friends 2.0, I agree, lets kill the relationship crap. I know the whole premise was about 2 nerdy guys and the 1 crushing on the hot neighbor, but sometimes just having her over eating dinner with them and nothing to do with crushes and relationships is just as funny, if not more. Plus I think realistically Penny would not be with the guys so much either. I like Bernadette and Amy but also agree they all don't need to be together 24/7 do they?

I agree. I didn't like much of the female interaction either. I know Penny is a main character but I could almost do without her some, just focus on the 4 guys. I like having Howard and Raj more "main" as well. It would be fun to do a nerdy episode with just the 4 guys. Have Penny take a more lead role say in the episode after that. Like someone said it being a Friends 2.0, I agree, lets kill the relationship crap. I know the whole premise was about 2 nerdy guys and the 1 crushing on the hot neighbor, but sometimes just having her over eating dinner with them and nothing to do with crushes and relationships is just as funny, if not more. Plus I think realistically Penny would not be with the guys so much either. I like Bernadette and Amy but also agree they all don't need to be together 24/7 do they?

Wouldn't penny have girlfriends that are like her, I'm not saying to add characters I've always thought it's odd that she hangs over there all the time when she doesn't have alot of interest, just thought she would rather hang out with girls like her

Well Amy and Bernadette are part of the main cast if notice they're no longer listed as guest stars

Which is part of the problem, IMHO. Too many "main" characters. It should be Sheldon, Leonard and Penny, with Raj and Howard as supporting cast. Anybody else should be guests. That, in my eyes, is the formula that put the show where it is. But whateva. It's not my show to write, and I haven't gotten to the point where I don't like watching it. Well, other than episode 5.11.

The only way I would stop watching is if Sheldon was no longer on or Jim left which would mean Sheldon would as well or Kaley left, or the show got so bad that it became a wreck was only putting on episodes to keep making $$$

Well if he was calculating the outcome of asking out penny again why didn't he have a positive to go along with the negative, instead of the ones he had assuming if he asks her out it would be like it was, plus they do need to work on their issues if they want to make it work or it'll be same thing over again and won't have a future if all the do is fight, plus he does need to stop overthinking things just because you have a high iq doesn't mean everthing can be proven or calculated

He did think of some positive stuff to go with the negative, it's just difficult to squeeze all of the outcomes into 20 minutes. At dinner, Leonard and Penny had some good laughs pretending to be on a first date, and both of them saying, "I'm glad we decided to do this." But then the negative stuff came up again with Leonard pushing the serious issues too soon like he always did in the past. When they had sex after the bad date, they had a touching moment where Penny kept Leonard's inhaler, and wanted to try again at the relationship, but then they had a fight about why they couldn't be together in front of their friends, again about the issues that they've always had. Leonard imagining all the fights they'd have probably weighed a lot on his mind, and that's why they kept coming up in his daydream. Despite these issues, he still decided to give the relationship another try (mainly because they couldn't work on the issues unless they were in a relationship).

as for Amy it wasn't a lesbian joke but she made sex jokes and commented on penny in the racy dress

I think her comment was normal. Both my friend and I have boyfriends but when we go shopping for dresses, she'll still tell me to show some more leg or to try on a shorter skirt. Sometimes girlfriends just want their other girlfriends to not be shy about their assets.

now I agree it's good to see old Sheldon the genius back and not the acting like a child one not sure when he's been a bully, yes he's a little rude unintenionally due to his lack of social skills but not a bully

Sometimes I felt that Sheldon got a bit too aggressive with things like insulting Leonard and his career or love life. It's one thing to unintentionally say the wrong thing, but during the beginning of Season 5, it felt to me like Sheldon was pulling too many of those kinds of comments too often (compared to earlier seasons).

@ aevitas I was thinking along the line that Leonard's dream filled with if the relationship went good this time along with a dream of what their relationship was in the past, not a sprinkle of good and then goes down hill not sure if you can see the their, also when it's Amy continuing to make lesbian comments towards penny even if she complements her body or how she looks it has a little tone towards it since i'm waiting for her to make a pass at penny at some point, I hope your friend just compliments her and nothing else, as for Sheldon I don't think he's being rude towards leonard's work he can't understand why anyone would want to be a experimental physicst, that's like saying you're a experimental teacher or doctor or musican.

As far as a 100th episode goes, I thought this one was pretty "m'eh"

As a standard episode, again, "m'eh"

Whilst Sheldon's wood issue was funny to begin with, it got dragged out too long.

Yeah, didn't really do much for me this week. Will give it a rewatch and see how it goes.

As far as a 100th episode goes, I thought this one was pretty "m'eh"

As a standard episode, again, "m'eh"

Whilst Sheldon's wood issue was funny to begin with, it got dragged out too long.

Yeah, didn't really do much for me this week. Will give it a rewatch and see how it goes.

I agree as a regular episode it was okay, but for a 100th I was like "huh?", nomally shows go olall out for the 100th they didn't, didn't learn anything leonard's dream was just that and 30 seconds of real time was all that passed, it seems like the jokes like got wood they drag to long or the don't know when to move on, I can't understand why a grown man would write such juvenille jokes.

The only way I would stop watching is if Sheldon was no longer on or Jim left which would mean Sheldon would as well or Kaley left, or the show got so bad that it became a wreck was only putting on episodes to keep making $$$

M*A*S*H Anyone? :D I watched that until the bitter end, even after Frank Burns was gone and it had stopped being funny. IMHO Sheldon/Jim Parsons is just as essential to TBBT. It could survive someone else leaving, but Jim Parsons as Sheldon IS the show, as much as I like the other characters.

I watched it again last night and I thought the wood thing was done pretty well. Up until college, I was a hardcore geek (still am, and proud of it, just to a lesser degree) and giggling inanely to penile innuendo is pretty much de rigueur in the geek world. So is dragging it out past funny.

M*A*S*H Anyone? :D I watched that until the bitter end, even after Frank Burns was gone and it had stopped being funny. IMHO Sheldon/Jim Parsons is just as essential to TBBT. It could survive someone else leaving, but Jim Parsons as Sheldon IS the show, as much as I like the other characters.

I watched it again last night and I thought the wood thing was done pretty well. Up until college, I was a hardcore geek (still am, and proud of it, just to a lesser degree) and giggling inanely to penile innuendo is pretty much de rigueur in the geek world. So is dragging it out past funny.

I agree if Jim parsons left then the show should be over because they couldn't recast Sheldon it wouldn't be the same and not everyone could do what he does, as much as I love the rest of the characters and cast, they could go on with another actor leaving and even recast them, but the Jim parsons and Sheldon being on is essential to the show remaing on and funny, if he left it wouldn't be as funny and you'd feel like they're missing someone, they'd just be putting episodes on to make money.

I agree if Jim parsons left then the show should be over because they couldn't recast Sheldon it wouldn't be the same and not everyone could do what he does, as much as I love the rest of the characters and cast, they could go on with another actor leaving and even recast them, but the Jim parsons and Sheldon being on is essential to the show remaing on and funny, if he left it wouldn't be as funny and you'd feel like they're missing someone, they'd just be putting episodes on to make money.

I would also think it couldn't work if Jim left. Although think of Two and a Half Men, I haven't googled at all to see how the show is going these days and I hardly watched them before but Charlie was that show.

I'm also thinking about not watching anymore. I so hope they get back to what is was and what made the show such a success.

@mulface I agree about two and a half men, it's still highly rated but it's not as good and just seems like a different show, but if jim parsons left as well as Sheldon I don't see them recasted maybe they would add a new character but they would just be making episodes like two and a half men.

Wow that is the worst episode for season 5 maybe even for the whole series, to have that for episode 100 is surprising and wouldn't Leonard dream of them having the perfect life instead of having bad dates and then getting together, no wonder that's all they did in season 3 sex and fight and it will be the samething unless the change and open the communications barriers then it'll just be like season 3 if that's the case then turn the script and move on you tried. It was either Lorre or prady that said they wanted to get back to the pilot( which explains penny's clothes which I wonder if that was the original shirt in the pilot if so wouldn't it be more snug since Kaley put on a few pounds so I don't think it is and Leonard looking creeply into her apartment) now what is going on in season 5 that would propmt to get back to the pilot, what show does that, now if they wanted them back together just do it, then shows they have no concept or just don't care for back story, their last real interraction os leonard being a jerk to penny and saying he only did anything for her is because he thought it would lead to sex, now what woman would put up with that, penny wouldn't even be talking to him much less going on a date with him where's the junior rodeo penny,good thing Leonard's dream was just that if it wasn't that would've be just ridiculous, now penny getting knocked up might be the only way they get married with their lack of communication, plus they'd be divorced within 5 years if not sooner since all the do is fight.Of course the one time Leonard didn't fight he acted like a baby and just let penny walk out and then proceeded to pout. Now what's with her acting like she would've done with her old boyfriends I thought Leonard is suppose to be "the nice guy" even though that's debatable and Leonard acting worse then Howard when it comes to sex, why can't they led up to them being together it doesn't have to be every episode, like they've done with Amy and Sheldon this season they eased into them being a real couple, instead of Leonard saying it's all about sex then a few weeks later he asks her out it like the first time, they're just friends after two bad dates and then she goes out with Stuart and then says leonard's name without any real explanation and doesn't want Leonard to go to the artic due to her conflicting feelings and then jumps him when he gets back like a scene out of a Porno, but if they get together at least he won't betray his "best friend" this time they get together. I don't see them getting together more than maybe a few dates because if they do then what, they only way they get together is at the end of the series. What was with Amy and Bernadette when Leonard asks out penny in the beginning going oooohhh like a couple of 13 yr olds and then wanting to double date like they're in high school, you're grown women you don't need to double date like you're going to the prom.

Now I read it was either prady or Lorre saying that they're taking a break with the relationships unless they're talking about a certain couple, even though I think they've done ever one imaginable, they don't need to lie just tell the truth.

Now in what universe should these even be together all the do is fight who wants to watch that. The mere idea that she's pining after L. as the best boyfriend she ever had would almost be funny, if it wasn't so pathetic and horrifying. And frankly, deeply mystifying. Now the old penny would've slapped her told her to get over it move on get out and start dating again, it was like someone took penny's place or body snatched her. Now I get why she was upset that Leonard moved on so quickly with priya of course he would've moved on with anyone as long as she is pretty and will put out, the same reason he saw in penny, pretty and will put out. Now where is Leonard right for her, penny right for him maybe but her no, They bring out the worst in one another not sure why anyone would want them back together.bplus penny can do better and get better than Leonard.

That was kind of crazy with Bernadette saying she couldn't be friends with Howard if they broke up and she's a vengeful woman and has access to dangerous bacetria and what not that was kind of scary and a little frightning.

After struggling through the post (punctuation anybody?) I came to the conclusion that they must have played a different version of the episode in your area then they did mine. Example, "Leonard "creepidly" staring into Penny's apartment at her". The door was open, he looked at her and smiled and she looked at him and smiled. I really don't see anything "creepy" about it.

I think that the episode is showing a change in the direction of the plot and it is the first step of Penny and Leonard getting back together. The dream sequence was nothing more then Leonard's pessimism in the final outcome of a relationship with Penny or any other woman for that matter. They have all turned out badly for him. What's a little funny about the dream is that since it was his dream he knows what he might do to ruin things. What's a little strange is that the only "normal" person that all of the other cast members have any meaningful contact with is Penny. None of them seem to understand their own parents. Another thing that is that whenever any of the other people have a relationship problem or difficulty with "normal" life, it is Penny they go to talk to and ask advice. In dealing with normal life situations and interpersonal relationships, Penny seems to be the "genius" that all of the others go to for advice. Even Sheldon will at times go to Penny when he has problems. As for the Leonard and Penny relationship or lack thereof, that has been one of the principle themes of the show, how Leonard was attracted to Penny and eventually, how Penny was attacked and protective of Leonard.

@ Rick, He was staring at her unto she finally noticed him and smiled, maybe I have higher standards for a 100th episode, since about 30 seconds actually happened due to leonard's dream sequence, if it was a regular episode it would've been ok, but a 100th you need to go all out and do something special.

You know what would have made for a better 100th episode?

"The Staircase Implementation" episode from season 3.

You know what would have made for a better 100th episode?

"The Staircase Implementation" episode from season 3.

Do you mean the staircase would've been a better 100th or a continuation of the staircase

A good 100th would've been to see what each character was like before they met everyone