Don't they live in California?

I've been watching Big Bang Theory since it's been in syndication, so not too long.

The costum designer seems to be a bit stuck. They always wear the same thing; Raj always wears a jacket, swater, shirt, tshirt, Lenny always in a jacket, hoodie, and shirt. Howard always a shirt over a turtleneck swater. and sheldon a tee shirt over a long sleeve tshirt.

I thought they live in Pasadena California, pretty warm there isn't it?

Just a thought

I like that there are sometimes repeated outfits. I find TV land always makes it look like a character has a new outfit for every day of the year. By this I mean the same shirts worn twice. Sheldon's plaid jacket, superhero t-shirts...Leonard's corduroy suit.

As for the types of clothes worn, I agree that the characters should get some summery clothes. Pasadena is bound to have heat waves now and then. I think for the location, Penny's the only one who really dresses for California.

Here in Australia it hovers around 40 celsius every summer and we still see waves of Goths wearing their black Misfits t-shirts underneath a black 3/4 wool coat with jeans. Some people just don't feel the heat.

I hate these people :) lolz

Pasadena looks to be it's own little entity. It falls within the municipality of Los Angeles, but still remains it's own "suburb" as such within the state of California.

It occurs to me that "the boys" spend most of their time inside of university buildings, resterants and cinemas. Correct me if I'm wrong (please) but are most of these locations air conditioned? After all if they spent more than 1 sunday every two weeks excersizing Sheldon in the park, more "summery" clothing might be in order. As it stands I would imagin their choices work quite well :D

Or maybe Penny is just more comfortable flashing her flesh - none of the boys are exactly typically California-esque and the one time we did see Sheldon in shorts recently Penny almost had a fit over his wee knees.

Perhaps they cover up to avoid the ridicule over their pale, un-gymified bodies (I know that's what I do in Scotland - even in the *ahem* summer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Or maybe Penny is just more comfortable flashing her flesh - none of the boys are exactly typically California-esque and the one time we did see Sheldon in shorts recently Penny almost had a fit over his wee knees.

Perhaps they cover up to avoid the ridicule over their pale, un-gymified bodies (I know that's what I do in Scotland - even in the *ahem* summer)

Uh öh.....

Username tröuble. Now what? Cheers fröm Indianapölis, USA.

Is Pasadena part of Los Angeles? Or is it it's own city?

It is its own city. It's where UCLA is.

Excuse me, but in what universe is UCLA where Pasadena is? UCLA is on the West side, next to Beverly Hills and Brentwood. Pasadena is the crown of the San Gabriel valley, to the east. And it's an atrocious commute from here to there. And yes, Pasadena has been incorporated since 1886. It is it's own city but is considered part of the "greater Los Angeles area."

I have a friend who "can't get pass" the clothing of the cast, and it has nothing to do with the hoodies or jackets, but the mere fact that the guys (Howard mostly) have a retro style. my friend thought the show took place in the 70's because of their clothing! and yes, people can dress in hoodies in CA. I live in Florida, the sunshine state, & we still have cool days where we have to break out the long sleeves and jeans. :p

Is Pasadena part of Los Angeles? Or is it it's own city?

It is its own city. It's where UCLA is.

Excuse me, but in what universe is UCLA where Pasadena is? UCLA is on the West side, next to Beverly Hills and Brentwood. Pasadena is the crown of the San Gabriel valley, to the east. And it's an atrocious commute from here to there. And yes, Pasadena has been incorporated since 1886. It is it's own city but is considered part of the "greater Los Angeles area."

Well it says UCLA and the city it says Pasadena,ca not Brentwood yes it's in Brentwood but still

I have a friend who "can't get pass" the clothing of the cast, and it has nothing to do with the hoodies or jackets, but the mere fact that the guys (Howard mostly) have a retro style. my friend thought the show took place in the 70's because of their clothing! and yes, people can dress in hoodies in CA. I live in Florida, the sunshine state, & we still have cool days where we have to break out the long sleeves and jeans. :p

Yeah but they dress like it's cold year round

I wear hoodies here in southern CA, like, 8 months out of the year. June, July, and August are killer to me.

I know Chuck Lorre said he likes to think of the show as being filmed in "real time." So when they were at the North Pole for three months, that three months was the filming hiatus in the summer. Let's just say that was summer; the show's filmed from September until April (depending) and it would be fine wearing hoodies and pants. Who knows if it's that specific, though.