The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Convict13

Johnny's Golden Globe nomination

To say it was unexpected by me would be an understatement, but that doesn't mean I don't think it is well deserved. Wish him all the best on awards night.

Good for Johnny, and all the best to him! It's surprising to see his name instead of Jim - it would have been great if both of them got nods, like in the Emmy - but Johnny certainly deserves his chance too. :)

Nothing against Johnny, but i think Jim should have got the nod again... Johns two most well known roles are almost interchangeable... On Roseanne, he was a weak willed kid that had relationship issues and drew comics... On BBT he is a weak willed man that has relationship issues and reads comics.... Have you ever seen him in an interview?? He talks and acts about the same....

Jim however has created this character that is nothing like him, different voice and look.... even the little squirmy nervous maneurisms he does are very believable...

Now if the Globe voters are spreading around the wealth, just so they can all get a shot, thats one thing, id accept that, since its such a good show... but if they honestly nominated john because they thought he was the best actor this past year, then they are wrong in my opinion...

Perhaps they are just spreading the kudos around. I do know that it is hard to be the 'set up' man, who helps set up the comedy. Johnny does that. But, so clearly is Jim as Sheldon, the powerhouse that makes the show go, he should also get a nomination. Jim, is very kind and they are all friends, which helps, but really, Jim should be nominated all the time. I think that Sheldon is one of the most unique characters ever on TV. So, good for Johnny, but Jim, well, he is the man.

Perhaps they are just spreading the kudos around. I do know that it is hard to be the 'set up' man, who helps set up the comedy. Johnny does that. But, so clearly is Jim as Sheldon, the powerhouse that makes the show go, he should also get a nomination. Jim, is very kind and they are all friends, which helps, but really, Jim should be nominated all the time. I think that Sheldon is one of the most unique characters ever on TV. So, good for Johnny, but Jim, well, he is the man.

i agree... its got to be a spread the wealth around type thing

it happens all the time, academy awards will overlook great actors / actresses for years if not decades... eventually they will win it for a role that isnt their best work and might not even be the best that year...

No offense to Johnny but Jim should be nominated for every award they have, he won a couple years ago but didn't get nominated this time

I think the fact the Jim was not nominated is a lot to do with the writing of his character at the moment, rather than his performance. I wish they would give him more physical comedy, Jim is so good at that.

Johnny's Leonard had a few more major storylines this year, with Priya etc and I think he got some really good lines this year too, so he stood out from previous years.

It is sad that Johnny didn't win, but there is always next year.

I think the fact the Jim was not nominated is a lot to do with the writing of his character at the moment, rather than his performance. I wish they would give him more physical comedy, Jim is so good at that.

Johnny's Leonard had a few more major storylines this year, with Priya etc and I think he got some really good lines this year too, so he stood out from previous years.

It is sad that Johnny didn't win, but there is always next year.

Well Leonard did get major storylines but it's not exactly like Sheldon became unfunny or something