The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reyn

The Hot Troll Deviation

I am a big fan of this show, however I was very dissapointed to see that in this episode, Raj moved a big desk into Sheldon office. Sheldon asked him how he was able to move the heavy desk into the office, he replied using 5 hispanic names. I considered this very racist, as it imply that hispanics are stupid and just good for hard work.

I am hispanic, and very proud of it. I went to graduate school and as me there are many white collar educated hispanics. Hollywood as been promoting this image of laid back mexicans for all hispanics, which is quite unfair.

No longer a fan of this program.

Rey

:icon_frown:

I thought that one of the arguments for letting illegal aliens having a road to citizenship is that they are doing jobs that most Americans would not do. That being the case, it is somehow racist mentioning what might be a fact.

Frankly I thought that Raj was on shaky grounds to say the least. I seem to remember that he was afraid of being deported when Sheldon gave him a job. Now he moves a desk into a small office that takes up so much room that Sheldon would not be able to open the door to his office if he had a chair at his desk. What would he do if Sheldon told him he was fired? Sheldon is the boss. They are not equals in the office. Frankly I think that Sheldon deserves kudos for hiring him in the fist place and then his response to the desk.

I thought that one of the arguments for letting illegal aliens having a road to citizenship is that they are doing jobs that most Americans would not do. That being the case, it is somehow racist mentioning what might be a fact.

Frankly I thought that Raj was on shaky grounds to say the least. I seem to remember that he was afraid of being deported when Sheldon gave him a job. Now he moves a desk into a small office that takes up so much room that Sheldon would not be able to open the door to his office if he had a chair at his desk. What would he do if Sheldon told him he was fired? Sheldon is the boss. They are not equals in the office. Frankly I think that Sheldon deserves kudos for hiring him in the fist place and then his response to the desk.

This is even more racist than the stupid show. Mentioning hispanics doesn't mean they are ilegal. You are racist and also ignorant

Read about your history and the fact that this is a nation of inmigrants.

Isn't Raj played by the same guy who played Fez on that 70's show? He was an illegal immigrant there too, i think he got deported in the finale though (or was that in real life? I hear that's why they were planning him to be in a CHiPs movie but that movie never got made because he isnt allowed back in the USA anymore)

You are racist and also ignorant

Read about your history and the fact that this is a nation of inmigrants.

I guess mexico is a nation of outmigrants

Are you guys sure about this?

tumblr_ljuqnbyBoH1qig6iso1_400.jpg

kunal-nayyar-as-rajesh-koothrappali.jpg

I dont know, they look the same to me but I'm not a doctor or anything. I think it's just because he has different facial hair now.

They don't even look similar to me. But then, I'm familiar with Indian appearances. Y'all can easily go 'you all look alike to us'. :D

OMG - I can't believe that in a show as smart and funny as BB someone can pick up on such a small issue - especially since the a lot of the comedy of the show is based on sterotypes;

dumb blondes

nerds who can't get girls

smart people looking down on others

And if you're looking for racist and inflamatory comments just check out ANY episode with Sheldon's mum in it - oh, and get a life!

Honestly, I thought we'd be seeing complaints about the Jewish or Indian stereotypes before any other culture. There's way more of those, and some of them aren't even in good taste (not that I had a problem with them, I just didn't find some of the cultural jokes funny). The observation noted by the OP is quite trivial compared to those.

OMG - I can't believe that in a show as smart and funny as BB someone can pick up on such a small issue - especially since the a lot of the comedy of the show is based on sterotypes;

dumb blondes

nerds who can't get girls

smart people looking down on others

And if you're looking for racist and inflamatory comments just check out ANY episode with Sheldon's mum in it - oh, and get a life!

^ This. Agreed.

They don't even look similar to me. But then, I'm familiar with Indian appearances. Y'all can easily go 'you all look alike to us'. :D

^ That's kinda what I was thinking. I can see the difference between the two very easily