The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ulfrik

The Office

Who else here likes the tv show The Office?

One my favorite characters is Dwight Schrute.

I love all the classic michael scott episodes and the new episode like "Mrs. California" and "Christmas Wishes". I like the part when Erin gets drunk.

UK Office, yes, love it.

Piss-poor US rip off Office... thank the gods Steve Carrell is there to hold it all together, otherwise hate it immensely.

Still don't know why the Americans feel this compulsion to do their own versions of the classics.

In my opinion the american version is better. I think the american version is more epic and has more heart. Plus it has the best characters like Dwight and Pam.

I meant this this thread to be about the american version.

The british Ricky Gervais version is a good show in of its self and he is responsible for the franchise.

UK Office, yes, love it.

Piss-poor US rip off Office... thank the gods Steve Carrell is there to hold it all together, otherwise hate it immensely.

Still don't know why the Americans feel this compulsion to do their own versions of the classics.

americans seem to go for quantity over quality. having said that i wish gervais did more seasons but he said on opie & anthony that the workload was too much for him and steve.

i don't mind the american version but it never felt like watching a documentary the way the uk version did.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I loved the Uk version... the us version, don't find it funny at all.

I liked The Office when it had Steve Carrell...I adore James Spader, but the show seriously needs to lose that 'Nellie' character...She is horrible!

Uk version of The Office was okay and a good basis for what would be the epic and memorable journey that is the US version of The Office.

I'll fully admit that since there are a lot more episodes of the US version that you could say the few episodes that the UK version did have were very solid and there are quite a few US episodes that were pretty bad but in the same respect since they kept going for so long they got to have a lot of really neat and different episodes that were very fun to watch.

UK Office, yes, love it.

false-dwight.gif

Couldn't resist. :icon_cheesygrin:

I like the US version better. Steve Carell is the best.

Dwight is my favorite character. Hilarious.

I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this, but The Office (US version) isn't the same without Steve Carell and I have no idea how it ended up getting renewed...I have never seen the UK version, but I do think Ricky Gervais is hilarious :)

UK Office, yes, love it.

i heard the tried to make Fawlty towers over there and they ended cutting the actor playing Basil out Don't know the logic behind that

Lets hope that the american version of Only fools and horses will at least be tolerable

but in general Americans should stop making British Comedy try to work across the pond because to no offense Americans need their humor needs to be spoon fed

Nothing to offend anyone but just watching many years of sit-coms has led me to that conclusion

but in general Americans should stop making British Comedy try to work across the pond because to no offense Americans need their humor needs to be spoon fed

Nothing to offend anyone but just watching many years of sit-coms has led me to that conclusion

While I will agree that British comedy is often much more subtle (I love a much of it, too), this is strong finger wagging from a country that gave us Mr. Bean. Plus, watching many years of sit-coms is not necessarily the endorsement that you might consider it to be. :icon_wink:

I loved the first few seasons of the American version of The Office. I also love Monty Python. I'm a witch!