The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
uvula

What do you think?

Yes they need to add a new character, especially a female character because Penny is great and all but honestly working at the Macaroni Grill doesn't really allow her character to get fleshed out, and besides with only one female and four males on the show there's an imbalance of genders and you get the risk of the guys running a train on her or something. I think they should bring in a saucy brunette, it would be great if they could get Jennifer Love Hewitt; everyone knows JLH don't take no guff and she's a strong-willed person who could butt heads with the confidence of Sheldon and Leonard for comedic effect. Plus her boobs are pleasurable and would draw in more people who previously dismissed the show. And the timing is perfect because she's got nothing to do since Ghost Whisperer got cancelled and her fiance stood her up at the alter like what happened in that one Julia Roberts movie (Julia Roberts FTGS (that's For The Guest Star) btw)

Add a new character.. quite the opposite for me I'm afraid, I would like a cull.

Series 1-3 were absolutely brilliant, but, since then its been mediocre at best and is quickly becoming a sitcom.

Raj's unbelievably boring sister... out, Bernadette out.

The original storyline was great as it was 4 uber-geeks coping with life and occasionally love but full time relationships are what I believe have numbed this show.

Last episode I viewed I honestly expected the Friends title music to play at the end.

There are enough characters. I like Bernadette and Amy, I really do, but they should not be part of the main cast. I want to see more stories centered around the original 5, and not about relationships either.

I think we've got more than enough characters right now.

Return cameos of some of the faves like Kripke, Zack and Leslie would be nice.

I dont think the show should have full new characters, but i would love to see guest spots here and there like...... MEEMA (Betty White) i think she would be an awsome meemaw.

I'm okay with the regular cast as it is. But Kripke, Zack and if possible Wil Wheaton definitely need to guest star again! Not sure what Wheaton would do now, though, since he seems to have been 'reformed'. One never knows, though. :)

I think we've got more than enough characters right now.

Return cameos of some of the faves like Kripke, Zack and Leslie would be nice.

Those are my three favorite reoccurring characters

and I hope we do get to see them again.

But yeah, I think the show is full...7 main characters now for a show that is what 22 minutes long is already spreading them too thin.

I'm loving the new characters (except for Priya - get her gone!) and I'd like to see more of the strong willed Bernadette instead of the sappy, whiny, chipmunk version.

Loving Amy - I think she shows us a different side to Sheldon and it's like watching my favourite little boy growing up a little at a time :D. It's also nice that Penny has some friends to get girlie with.

I like the balance they have right now and wouldn't add any more but the special guest stars are great (especially the Star Trek ones, but maybe I'm biased)

I agree, the cast is pretty much filled to the brim at this point. I don't think there's a need for all the main cast to make an appearance in every single episode either, because the script gets spread out too thin sometimes, at least that's what I noticed in Season 5.

As a relative newcomer to the show whose watched many episodes in a row on TBS to get caught up, as well as recently purchasing the 1st 4 seasons on DVD all at once, I have to say I enjoy the earlier shows more when it was just the 5 main characters, and everyone else was just an occasional recurring role. I find Raj's sister and Bernadette boring, but I think Amy is pretty funny.

The only problem with just sticking to the original 5 characters is that they need to keep coming up with fresh story ideas for them. A lot of sitcom writers take the easy way out and just start introducing new characters for the originals to interact with. I think that explains Pryia and Bernadette.

this show does not need new characters it needs new ideas and writers that a talent for writing rather than scraping barrel bottoms for 6 days to fill 22 mins every week

I posted a thread about the Siblings. There are lots of opportunities for the show to have cameos from different characters, but to have new cast members full time would suck. The writers have opened up enough opportunities to have visiting family members to add more faces to the show if they want, but can make them single appearances so as to NOT have another situation like Pria being on the show for so long. Someone referenced FRIENDS early in this thread. The early seasons were great because you didn't need any back story to enjoy the show. But once they started having relationships, you had to be familiar with the cast and their stories to understand what was going on. I hate that. The storyline of the 4 geeks with their quirks and the hot neighbor is what got the show it's fan base. Cameos from characters like Stuart and Zach and Kripke are all great to show there are more people in the world of Big Bang and the inject of people like Levar Burton and Will Wheaton and Brent Spiner and Katie Sacoff and George Takei are all great cameo appearances for the geekdom fan base. Throw in a cameo by Carrie Fisher or someone from Star Wars and see the fan base erupt with joy!

I don't think the show needs a new character. On the contrary, in my humble opinion they should go back to basics and produce again more episodes that revolve around the original main characters. Amy and Bernadette should take a back seat.