Sheldon and Cats

milti girl

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I'm from India (BBT is really popular here) and I love the BBT and of course Sheldon's character.

I've been reading and following the threads on this forum for quite a while, thought it was high time I signed up so I could post.

The Sheldon of Season 1 doesn't seem to like cats much. Leonard is shown as the person who would get a cat to get over a bad emotional situation - "The Fuzzy Boots Corollary". I guess it took a season or two for the writers and actors to 'get into' character and have them evolve, and eventually in the later seasons Sheldon is shown as the cat-lover, what with his Soft Kitty and Zazzles and Robert Openheimer and what not. I think "The Zazzy Substitution" in Season 4 is a direct reversal of the Season 1 Fuzzy Boots episode - Sheldon in emotional distress rather than Leonard.

Just an observation, but Sheldon is a much more convincing cat-person (if it's fair to have such labels at all) than Leonard. Just like Amy, Sheldon understands cats, their aloofness suits him better, while Leonard seems like the sort of person who would benefit from the obvious emotional attachment a dog would show. Plus he does own a dog called Mitzi and is furious that his mother did not inform him of his pet's death.

Just like Amy, Sheldon understands cats, their aloofness suits him better, while Leonard seems like the sort of person who would benefit from the obvious emotional attachment a dog would show. Plus he does own a dog called Mitzi and is furious that his mother did not inform him of his pet's death.