Myth busted!

This seems like the perfect place to bust the "Myth-busters" show.

There are two very blatent oversights that have been misleading and irresponsible when viewed from a scientific perspective.

Sheldon's character would bust his #%*^#'s, if he were to watch the myth busters episode where they erroneously demonstrate that it's impossible to unroll a car window underwater. They unfortunately fail to consider the coefficient of friction in there incorrectly designed demonstration.

Another erroneous problem occurred when they attempted to measure the different amount of water that hits a person walking, vs. running in rain, but they failed to measure the water absorbed on the head of the subject, which incidentally a very important aspect of the experiment.

I always liked the episode where they buried the pig carcass in concrete to study the urban myth about a body being buried under a baseball field.

There was a period some years ago when it seemed that society was being conditioned to build a greater tolerance for terror of all sorts. It sounds like the episode you're referring to was filmed back then. The only thing to fear is fear itself, and all that noise.

I haven't seen that episode.

Oh I like the episodes with the dummy, what's his name..... Buster. Those episodes were my favorite. I never paid too close attention to the science of the show, I just watched it for enjoyment. There were a few episodes where I think they ended the experiments too early and would just call the myth busted when it actually wasn't.

I for one enjoyed Myth Busters, and taking into consideration the main aim of the show (entertainment for the masses) think it was well made and presented.

From a pure science point of view it had holes you could drive a very large truck through, and yes it would have driven Sheldon crazy... But does'nt everything?

If the show had been made by scientists it would have been very dry and lacking entertainment. I think there are myths that they covered that all of us found fault with (demonstrated by thier mail bag of complaints) but that just shows that you can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time. ;)

Haha,because of them i now walk in the rain,i don't run anymore :p

I haven't seen that myth

I'm guessing they were testing whether a person got wetter when running or walking?

Correct! I always suspected that a persons running style might also have a large bearing on the outcome...

Haha,because of them i now walk in the rain,i don't run anymore :p

I haven't seen that myth

I'm guessing they were testing whether a person got wetter when running or walking?

Correct! I always suspected that a persons running style might also have a large bearing on the outcome...

I've always thought that if you run you will get less wet when it's raining,but i guess i was wrong.

• 2 months later...