The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.14 The Beta Test Initiation (Jan. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

“The Beta Test Initiation” – Leonard and Penny experiment with dating, while Raj develops a peculiar relationship with his phone’s virtual assistant, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 26 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I think l/p will temporary and they will realize they're not ready yet, the only way they should get together is unless it's the final season, it's season 5 what if goes past the season 7 that's set so far, they'll be together 3,4, 5 seasons what show does that where's the will they or won't they aspect

Yeah i agree i love the whole will they won't they aspect between leonard and penny but i do have to say that i miss these two, I love penny and leonard as a couple so much..lets just wait and see whats going to happen.

On and off thing is boring as hell. If they are going to put Leonard and Penny together then they(writers)need to actually do something with them.

I don't think the will they or won't the get together is boring it keeps you watching to see when they will get together, plus it's too soon and if they got together now in the long haul the show would turn boring and stale because there's no intrigue, I'm not saying they can't get together now but they should only get together towards the end if the series, plus I agree if they get back together the writers need to do a better job of writing for them, l/p season 3 was a joke they didn't do anything didn't learn anything about their wants, needs, likes, diskles they didn't connect they were just there if it's going to be different then let's see what happens but if it's season 3 again, just turn the page on those two and move forward.

My bet is they get together because Kaley is going to marry the tattooed man and get herself in the family way. They will need to marry Leonard and Penny to cover it. Just a feeling.

I agree, the on again off again thing is boring. I think however, it's fine if they get together now rather than later because it doesn't mean the writers will run out of ideas. There are shows I've seen where they have that whole on again off again relationship for a few seasons then they end up together and the show still goes on for another (Good) few seasons. There are so many different things with relationships you can use for story lines that I don't see how one can run out of ideas.

I do agree however, that if Penny & Leonard get together again, they should find more about each other. Penny's practically a mystery. Why not have one of Penny's siblings visit & hate Leonard or something? That's just ONE example but both of them have pasts and there's a lot they don't know about each other. And I don't know if I'm the only one but it seemed like Penny is STILL okay with being poorly educated. I was starting to see a change there when she asked Sheldon to teach her physics but that was the one and only episode. She hangs around all these geniuses and was dating one, wouldn't it make you want to pick up a book? I know when I was in school I had a few good friends who were much smarter than I was. They never took notes in class and never spent time studying but they ended up with straight A's. I felt a little intimidated (and I was 'average') so I started reading more and more.

It would be nice if some of Leonard's ambition rubbed off on Penny if they were dating again. That and like I said above, she wants to learn more. What might even be funny is if Penny does start trying to learn and she finds she's really good at something. Anything....like a hidden talent. Analizing & finding symbolism in books...she could have a great visual memory, which is why she remembers everything she reads in her magazines...maybe she gets into art and can remember all the dates & names for paintings but with other historical facts she can't remember squat. Just examples, but that could be funny.

I don't think the will they or won't the get together is boring it keeps you watching to see when they will get together, plus it's too soon and if they got together now in the long haul the show would turn boring and stale because there's no intrigue, I'm not saying they can't get together now but they should only get together towards the end if the series, plus I agree if they get back together the writers need to do a better job of writing for them, l/p season 3 was a joke they didn't do anything didn't learn anything about their wants, needs, likes, diskles they didn't connect they were just there if it's going to be different then let's see what happens but if it's season 3 again, just turn the page on those two and move forward.

Your wrong. There's way more storyline potential for them if they are together rather than apart. It's just a matter of the writers stepping up to the plate.

There's really only two types of stories they can do with L/P when they aren't together and that is the jealously angle due to the other having a new significant other or simply random friend stuff. Both of which we've already seen over the coarse of five years.

I have no interest in watching variations of these two types of story lines for these two over and over. There's no intrigue to be had at all.

Again the writers have to step up their game and really explore these two together which is something they didn't do the first time around.

I think l/p will temporary and they will realize they're not ready yet, the only way they should get together is unless it's the final season, it's season 5 what if goes past the season 7 that's set so far, they'll be together 3,4, 5 seasons what show does that where's the will they or won't they aspect

They can do it. Think back to Friends. Rachel and Ross went on n off then ended up together final episode. As long as they end up together I'm happy. Now or later, and def don't want to see that crap some people are trying pull with Sheldon and Penny being together. Those people are bat-crap crazy if they really think that would be good.

They should be together for at least a season, but Penny needs to admit to Leonard that she made a mistake by letting him go and maybe even loves him. And Leonard has to not be a jerk about it.

I don't think she should say it sweetly like Leonard did, but more out of worry for Leonard's well being.

My bet is they get together because Kaley is going to marry the tattooed man and get herself in the family way. They will need to marry Leonard and Penny to cover it. Just a feeling.

Not sure what Kaley has anything has to do with it by that concept she would leave

I agree, the on again off again thing is boring. I think however, it's fine if they get together now rather than later because it doesn't mean the writers will run out of ideas. There are shows I've seen where they have that whole on again off again relationship for a few seasons then they end up together and the show still goes on for another (Good) few seasons. There are so many different things with relationships you can use for story lines that I don't see how one can run out of ideas.

I do agree however, that if Penny & Leonard get together again, they should find more about each other. Penny's practically a mystery. Why not have one of Penny's siblings visit & hate Leonard or something? That's just ONE example but both of them have pasts and there's a lot they don't know about each other. And I don't know if I'm the only one but it seemed like Penny is STILL okay with being poorly educated. I was starting to see a change there when she asked Sheldon to teach her physics but that was the one and only episode. She hangs around all these geniuses and was dating one, wouldn't it make you want to pick up a book? I know when I was in school I had a few good friends who were much smarter than I was. They never took notes in class and never spent time studying but they ended up with straight A's. I felt a little intimidated (and I was 'average') so I started reading more and more.

It would be nice if some of Leonard's ambition rubbed off on Penny if they were dating again. That and like I said above, she wants to learn more. What might even be funny is if Penny does start trying to learn and she finds she's really good at something. Anything....like a hidden talent. Analizing & finding symbolism in books...she could have a great visual memory, which is why she remembers everything she reads in her magazines...maybe she gets into art and can remember all the dates & names for paintings but with other historical facts she can't remember squat. Just examples, but that could be funny.

Where have they shown to give the characters back stories in 4 1/2 season penny is still has no last name plus I would think she would get tired of being a waitress, the writers said they were going to make a career a priority to know her dreams are still there I didn't think one hemroid commerical would do that, but I agree with your idea not sure if they'll do it

Your wrong. There's way more storyline potential for them if they are together rather than apart. It's just a matter of the writers stepping up to the plate.

There's really only two types of stories they can do with L/P when they aren't together and that is the jealously angle due to the other having a new significant other or simply random friend stuff. Both of which we've already seen over the coarse of five years.

I have no interest in watching variations of these two types of story lines for these two over and over. There's no intrigue to be had at all.

Again the writers have to step up their game and really explore these two together which is something they didn't do the first time around.

just because you don't agree I'm wrong if they get together it should be towards the end, they could still develop the character apart, plus when have the writers shown that

They can do it. Think back to Friends. Rachel and Ross went on n off then ended up together final episode. As long as they end up together I'm happy. Now or later, and def don't want to see that crap some people are trying pull with Sheldon and Penny being together. Those people are bat-crap crazy if they really think that would be good.

well p/s have a real friendship unlike p/l at times I don't even know why they're friends, they blow up at each other like they're ticking bombs

They should be together for at least a season, but Penny needs to admit to Leonard that she made a mistake by letting him go and maybe even loves him. And Leonard has to not be a jerk about it.

I don't think she should say it sweetly like Leonard did, but more out of worry for Leonard's well being.

Sorry Leonard is a jerk now that's his character he's been like that for a while, he's no longer " the nice guy" if he ever was, but the whole penny mooning over Leonard like he was her best boyfriend she ever had would've been funny if it wasn't so sad and pathetic, plus not sure what leonard's well being your talking about is he suicidal?

They need to be together forever.

Yeah because couples that fight like that and all the time really need to be together(sarcasm), what they need is couple counseling.

well I'm tired of penny's lack of career they said they were going to make it known that it's still a goal for her, I'm not sure one hemroid commerical is what I thought they had in mind, Leonard gave her that pamplet for a community college and got insulted, so I don't know about picking up a book but I believe she picks up bits and pieces of what they say not sure if she understands what they do or not, I would think that at some point she would get tired of working at the cheesecake factory especially after all those years, maybe restart penny blossoms or some other interest that she would have, not sure if the have to do a character developement just because they get together, why not if they're together or not, plus i see this as either throwing l/p fans a bone they go out on a few dates and aren't ready yet due to their issues or they get together breakup and get back together at the final season, because if they get together ttgey be together about half or near for most of the series and I can't remember a show doing that, it would either stale or run out of stories, you can only write about their back story before you ran out.

well I'm tired of penny's lack of career they said they were going to make it known that it's still a goal for her' date=' I'm not sure one hemroid commerical is what I thought they had in mind, Leonard gave her that pamplet for a community college and got insulted, so I don't know about picking up a book but I believe she picks up bits and pieces of what they say not sure if she understands what they do or not, I would think that at some point she would get tired of working at the cheesecake factory especially after all those years[/quote']

I was thinking on that and it would make for a good story line if Penny decided she was going to try school again and found an aptitude for something that she didn't really know she had. Solves the "I'm too stupid for Leonard/Penny's too stupid for me" thing AND gives penny a career path.

Hope L and P stay together for at least a while seriously they keep breaking them up so quick and then getting back together.

Not sure what Kaley has anything has to do with it by that concept she would leave

No, Kaley can't leave the show. She and the show are already contracted through the seventh year. Also, she makes $250k per episode and gets a $50k per episode raise each year. I don't think she is going to chuck millions away to have a baby. If she gets pregnant, they will write it into the show. I mean it's not like they have a grand plan that would be messed up or follow a back plot.

I understand the frustration with Penny's career or lack of. However, the Cheesecake Factories of California are full of actors with no acting work. Most actors, about 95% of them, are not working as actors. It's a fact of life for the profession. To make it, you need to be talented, studied, pay attention to your appearance and most of all, you have to be bloody lucky. Good actors go to auditions and find 800 other good actors there with them. If they wanted an interesting plot twist, they ought to have Leonard use his intellect to help Penny be a successful actor. Don't know how, but it would make a great story.

No, Kaley can't leave the show. She and the show are already contracted through the seventh year. Also, she makes $250k per episode and gets a $50k per episode raise each year. I don't think she is going to chuck millions away to have a baby. If she gets pregnant, they will write it into the show. I mean it's not like they have a grand plan that would be messed up or follow a back plot.

I understand the frustration with Penny's career or lack of. However, the Cheesecake Factories of California are full of actors with no acting work. Most actors, about 95% of them, are not working as actors. It's a fact of life for the profession. To make it, you need to be talented, studied, pay attention to your appearance and most of all, you have to be bloody lucky. Good actors go to auditions and find 800 other good actors there with them. If they wanted an interesting plot twist, they ought to have Leonard use his intellect to help Penny be a successful actor. Don't know how, but it would make a great story.

I'm still not sure what Kaley getting married would have anything to do with penny/Leonard, I can see them getting together at first but would break up until the final season, if she did get pregnant I don't see them using her pregnancy for the show just because she is, what I'm saying is I don't believe just because Kaley is getting married that they feel that l/p should as well when they have so many problems, Most actresses that are pregnant on the show they normally hide it like penny when Kaley was injured she worked at the bar, as for Leonard I don't get that he supporitive of her acting career, plus what could he do he doesn't have any connections, he's barely recogonized in his own field, I agree that a lot of LA waitresses came to be a actor, but wouldn't see what do something or look for other work I know I would, she could've done that and stayed in Nebraska.

@cbolt I agree, if Kaley gets pregnant, they could easily hide it the way they did her broken leg. On Law&Order: SVU, Mariska Hargitay was pregnant and her character was running around all over the place. They did several shots from behind, a few front shots, with a jacket hiding most of her bump, and a lot of chest-up shots. It's easy enough for tv land to hide that sort of stuff. I don't think it would matter to the writers, they can keep writing what they want and it doesn't have to effect the L/P relationship.

I am pretty sure that Kaley is pregnant now. Note that being in the UK I have not seen any episodes past The Speckerman Recurrence, so any of the subsequent episodes could disprove my theory. However,

She has clearly gained weight, particularly puffiness around the face.

She is wearing frumpier clothes - including a loose baby-doll smock type top that reminds me of a maternity top in one recent episode, I don't remember which, and low "old-ladyish" wedgie shoes.

Every time we see her she is in some position that hides her belly -

Seated at a table, behind a counter, holding a laptop in front of her.

Even in the Twister scene with Bernadette and Amy, she was bent over with her hands and face in front of her belly - and instead of eventually standing up from that position, so we can see her whole body, she conveniently falls over "drunk".

We also see her walking upstairs - from the back.

I am pretty sure that Kaley is pregnant now. Note that being in the UK I have not seen any episodes past The Speckerman Recurrence, so any of the subsequent episodes could disprove my theory. However,

She has clearly gained weight, particularly puffiness around the face.

She is wearing frumpier clothes - including a loose baby-doll smock type top that reminds me of a maternity top in one recent episode, I don't remember which, and low "old-ladyish" wedgie shoes.

Every time we see her she is in some position that hides her belly -

Seated at a table, behind a counter, holding a laptop in front of her.

Even in the Twister scene with Bernadette and Amy, she was bent over with her hands and face in front of her belly - and instead of eventually standing up from that position, so we can see her whole body, she conveniently falls over "drunk".

We also see her walking upstairs - from the back.

Well she would've announced it on her Twitter, the last two episodes she defintely is not pregnant, she wouldn't be playing twister if she did that shirt wasn't exactly baggy, they've had her wear these type of clothes for the last two seasons maybe to have penny be taken more seriously in front of the guys, just because she's behind a counter doesn't mean she's pregnant and how times have they shown her behind walking up the stairs I've lost count on that or behind a counter doesn't mean anything, as for her face it looks fine very fine, and her shoes she's always worn those type especially when she's in the waitress uniform, maybe if you posted this a month ago it might had made sense, so now any of you who think Kaley doesn't look "perfect" so she must be pregnant now, her face and look the same from the season so quit

If you see the sneak peek of this episode where she returns from her date with Leonard, she is most definitely not pregnant, nor puffy. And may I say she's looking her best. Complete with a short dress and high heels. :)

No, Kaley isn't pregnant. She just did the People's Choice Awards, in a number of non-frumpy, couldn't hide a pregnant belly gowns. I was projecting a future possibility. She is getting married. And if she does it soon, her new husband won't be too old to get her pregnant. If she does get pregnant, I think they will write it into the show, not have her stand behind a bar for the whole season. But, this is sheer conjecture people.

No, Kaley isn't pregnant. She just did the People's Choice Awards, in a number of non-frumpy, couldn't hide a pregnant belly gowns. I was projecting a future possibility. She is getting married. And if she does it soon, her new husband won't be too old to get her pregnant. If she does get pregnant, I think they will write it into the show, not have her stand behind a bar for the whole season. But, this is sheer conjecture people.

that's why only Americans or people who have seen the most recent episode should comment, I'm going say this again kaley's personal life has nothing to do with penny or the show, and if penny gets pregnant it would be at the very end of the series if at all and if Kaley gets pregnant before then they would hide her, plus I kind of don't see her getting pregnant right away if she gets married, plus if they hid her accident why wouldn't they hide her pregancy

They didn't have to hide her accident for very long. A pregnancy is a different thing altogether. Besides Penny having a child/children with Leonard has multiple back up meta on the show. It would be a natural progression of the show.

They didn't have to hide her accident for very long. A pregnancy is a different thing altogether. Besides Penny having a child/children with Leonard has multiple back up meta on the show. It would be a natural progression of the show.

It would have to be a natural progression, they just got back together and to have penny pregnant when they have so much issues to go through would be a mistake, If penny does get pregant it would be the last season of the show, plus it's not that hard to hid a pregnancy