The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.14 The Beta Test Initiation (Jan. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

The "Fun with Flags" bit was like something you'd see on "The Brady Bunch". Embarassingly bad.

I thought this was a great episode, very much on target with whole zeitgeist of the show. Leonard is trying to solve relationship problems with science. Much like in the Bad Fish Paradigm when Leonard says, "why don’t we just figure out where we’re going, and when we want to get there, and then rate of speed equals distance over time...solve for R." Yeah, probably not going to work...but a great comedy setup. And the whole Fun with Flags thing is awesome. So awkward in front of the little tiny video camera, but not in front of the huge TELEVISION cameras! lol. I also love that little nervous stuff Amy is doing with her mouth.

I just had a thought, maybe Leonard thought it was okay to give Penny the list of faults because Priya seemed to be trying to change HIM? Yeah he should know PENNY wouldn't like it but if Priya was his only other long-term relationship, and she tried to change him then maybe that's all he was thinking about. It would be nice if the show explains his motives but I doubt they will.

Well penny isn't priya she doesn't stand for that crap or treatment, yes priya changed him but she didn't give him a list of what she'd change of him, what would make Leonard think it would be okay to try and change penny much less give her a list, I thought penny is leonard's dream girl so anything about her he wouldn't want changed because she's perfect in everyone to him because she's his dream girl.

I AGREE:

DID AMY SAY THE SAME THING TO

LEONARD--WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ON HER.,

AFTER PENNY WALKED OUT.:icon_cheesygrin:

I just had a thought, maybe Leonard thought it was okay to give Penny the list of faults because Priya seemed to be trying to change HIM? Yeah he should know PENNY wouldn't like it but if Priya was his only other long-term relationship, and she tried to change him then maybe that's all he was thinking about. It would be nice if the show explains his motives but I doubt they will.

Well penny isn't priya she doesn't stand for that crap or treatment, yes priya changed him but she didn't give him a list of what she'd change of him, what would make Leonard think it would be okay to try and change penny much less give her a list, I thought penny is leonard's dream girl so anything about her he wouldn't want changed because she's perfect in everyone to him because she's his dream girl.

I AGREE:

Yeah Amy said I think talking about penny's laugh and said how she can laugh anyway she can or something like that because how perfect she is or something like that.

I AGREE:

Yeah Amy said I think talking about penny's laugh and said how she can laugh anyway she can or something like that because how perfect she is or something like that.

Sheldon said she talks with food in her mouth! and Amy said "no one cares whats in her mouth, her heart is full of love"

I AGREE:

Sheldon said she talks with food in her mouth! and Amy said "no one cares whats in her mouth, her heart is full of love"

I knew it had something to do with her mouth, and what Amy said is why you don't try and change her.

well there's a difference between realizing your mistakes and wanting to change and make this work but she just pointed out a couple things and then for him to dislike that many qualities of her and enough to make a list, speaks volumes if it was me I'd tell him where he could put that list and he wouldn't like it. Penny never felt the need to want to change him even though she'd wants to change his clothes especially after she went through his closet that time and I'm sure at times his hobbies get on her nerves at time but she never wanted too because that's who he is and never presented a list.

So it's okay for her to tell him about his "bugs" "with her voice", but if he tells her about her "bugs" on "a piece of paper"; he's suddenly more of a jerk than she is?  Double standard much?

They were both giving each other advice in what they would like to see improve in the other.  If this started out with Leonard giving a bug report on paper; than this argument would have merit.  But since it started out with each other mutually agreeing to this bug report and making lists for each other AT THE BEGINNING of the episode, I really don't see where Leonard was crossing the line. 

Edited by meka3000

Forgot to write what I thought of that episode.

Will do that now:

It was one of my favourite episodes of Season 5.

So nice seeing Penny and Leonard doing something nice together.

And I loved the end with Amy and Sheldon *LOL*

Oh and of course Raj and Siri *LOL*

16 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

How did Leonard manage to shoot himself, with an empty gun huh.gif 

It wasn't empty.  They use real bullets at shooting galleries like that.  Something has to hit the target they're aiming for you know.

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

It wasn't empty.  They use real bullets at shooting galleries like that.  Something has to hit the target they're aiming for you know.

Kathy, Penny cleared the weapon (by pulling back on the slide), then put the magazine into the weapon.   She would have had to pull back on the slide, to load a bullet into the chamber.  She never did this, so when she handed the weapon to Leonard, the chamber was empty.   He could not have shot himself in the foot with the actions depicted.

Just now, Kathy2611 said:

Ohhhh.....I didn't catch that!!  Good eyes guys!

It helps, having had experience of handling self-loading pistols.

Given that was a 9mm pistol (if we overlook the fact it was empty), how did Leonard not shoot his toe off?

On 5/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Given that was a 9mm pistol (if we overlook the fact it was empty), how did Leonard not shoot his toe off?

Location, Location, Location.    It the weapon was aimed straight at his toe, it would have blown it off.   Since we know it was only grazed, the weapon was obviously not aimed directly at his toe.  

The name "GAT" must mean something different in America.

Here in the UK, it refers to a spring powered pellet gun.