Penny should go out with Sheldon

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I actually think Penny going out with Sheldon would be the one thing that would make me stop watching the show.

SAME

I bet people said that about how "disgusted" they were with Penny/Raj scenario.

Touche'

:fi_lone_ranger:

I'm not one of those. I wasn't happy with the Penny/Raj thing, but it didn't bother me per se.

Sheldon/Penny would seriously bother me.

..and actually the funny part is, that a big portion of the people who said that they were going to stop watching after the KoothraPenny and that were so outraged by it.. are the ones who want Sheldon/Penny to happen...

...talking about double-standards, eh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

Maybe there's a reasoning behind the outrage that has nothing to do with penny and Sheldon. Plus Raj and Penny have had few scenes just the two of them prior to it.

I was more shocked then anything about Penny/Raj it came out of left field like that, the only problem I had with was the season 5 premier of the resolve of it or whatever you want to call it, either have them sleep together or nothing happened and just slept together and nothing more, instead of going there but put on the brakes at the last moment.

Amy and Sheldon are perfect for each other. The only type of woman that could be in semi-romantic relationship with Sheldon is someone like Amy.

While I agree intellectually they are similar however....I think the similarities end there. Sheldon only cares about himself. He's a quirky loveable dude but for lack of a better word he's an a**. Amy seems to want to like sheldon more than just intellectually. She wanted him to meet his mother. Sheldon was all scared about it. While I agree Amy is beyond random I just don't think much is there. Sheldon needs a woman willing to wait on him hand and foot(like that one scientist in that one episode)However his intellectual level will chase off a lot of people because he comes off as rude(even if it's not intentional)He needs a girl that is a cross between Amy's intellectuals and Penny when she takes care of him for being sick and singing him soft kitty.

I guess I just wish Amy wasn't so weird.

Amy and Sheldon are perfect for each other. The only type of woman that could be in semi-romantic relationship with Sheldon is someone like Amy.

While I agree intellectually they are similar however....I think the similarities end there. Sheldon only cares about himself. He's a quirky loveable dude but for lack of a better word he's an a**. Amy seems to want to like sheldon more than just intellectually. She wanted him to meet his mother. Sheldon was all scared about it. While I agree Amy is beyond random I just don't think much is there. Sheldon needs a woman willing to wait on him hand and foot(like that one scientist in that one episode)However his intellectual level will chase off a lot of people because he comes off as rude(even if it's not intentional)He needs a girl that is a cross between Amy's intellectuals and Penny when she takes care of him for being sick and singing him soft kitty.

I disagree with you about Sheldon for one he's not an ass, there's a difference between doing the things he does on purpose and either not understanding or just not knowing(which is what he is), agree with you about the type of women he needs.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I disagree with you about Sheldon for one he's not an ass, there's a difference between doing the things he does on purpose and either not understanding or just not knowing(which is what he is), agree with you about the type of women he needs.

That's no excuse. As a person with Asperger's I can tell you: Asperger's is not an excuse for being an ass. And Sheldon can sometimes be an ass, even when he understands. He is not perfect, he can be an ass, and it is part of his character.

I actually think Penny going out with Sheldon would be the one thing that would make me stop watching the show.

SAME

I bet people said that about how "disgusted" they were with Penny/Raj scenario.

Not me. The Penny/Raj hook up did not bother me in the slightest.

That's no excuse. As a person with Asperger's I can tell you: Asperger's is not an excuse for being an ass. And Sheldon can sometimes be an ass, even when he understands. He is not perfect, he can be an ass, and it is part of his character.

For one he doesn't have Aspenger's I don't see how because he lacks social skills there's something wrong with him, I'm not making it an excuse I'm just telling you how it is and that's a difference between the guys knowing what they're doing and still doing it.

Don't know much about this aspberger's thing(making me kinda hungry though) But Sheldon just seems self centered more than socially stumped. As someone who lives near an Ivy League school i can tell you i've met many of his intellectual type. great people but it just seems like common sense has missed a lot of these individuals. Icant find a correlation. But most of your average joes have common sense. maybe theres a balancing out thing, i don't know. For example i have heard of people who don't have a strong sense(like sight or hearing)but because of that one of their other senses can be stronger than the norm for that sense to compensate.

Don't know much about this aspberger's thing(making me kinda hungry though) But Sheldon just seems self centered more than socially stumped. As someone who lives near an Ivy League school i can tell you i've met many of his intellectual type. great people but it just seems like common sense has missed a lot of these individuals. Icant find a correlation. But most of your average joes have common sense. maybe theres a balancing out thing, i don't know. For example i have heard of people who don't have a strong sense(like sight or hearing)but because of that one of their other senses can be stronger than the norm for that sense to compensate.

Well is common sense the same as hearing or sight? Wouldn't anyone be a little self centered if you've been told how brilliant you are? Plus normally when you're that brilliant most of the time you're socially inempt, also Bernadette explained it to Howard a few episodes ago.

The creators say sheldon and penny will never happen. They won't. Shenny is impossible. Won't ever happen. As Kaley said "What is wrong with those people" who ship them. I'm with Kaley.

Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady >>>>> You people who are for ooc non canon fan fiction.

I totally agree with this. Like Kaley I also don`t understand whats wrong with these shippers I really don`t get that. And all her castmates would agree with her I`m sure they are confused about this like she is.

And I also agree with the creators/producers.

Also at Comic Con someone asked about them *rolleyes*

Your opinion isn't theirs and just because someone responds negative doesn't mean they think it's creppy, just they're against the idea.

My opinion is based on what they are saying and is much closer to their opinion then yours. NONE of them thinks it is a good idea and judging just how strongly some of them voice their negative opinion to the idea, they think it is creepy.

Your opinion isn't theirs and just because someone responds negative doesn't mean they think it's creppy, just they're against the idea.

My opinion is based on what they are saying and is much closer to their opinion then yours. NONE of them thinks it is a good idea and judging just how strongly some of them voice their negative opinion to the idea, they think it is creepy.

No they think it's a bad idea not creppy.

When someone starts out with "ewwww" as part of their response, that would indicate they think it is creepy. If you think that creepy is too strong of a word how about weird, distasteful, strange, nauseating, terrible, or disgusting? Any of those work better?

So if I thought raj and penny would make a cute couple would you think that's creppy and incest since she never expresed that reaction towards him before season 4 finale or do you pick and choose?