Penny should go out with Sheldon

I don't want Sheldon and Penny to happen, not because I think it's "creepy," but because I think that type of relationship would be better suited for a drama. I like Shenny in FF, though!

But I'm wondering, what gives you the impression the cast is disgusted by it? In the interviews I've seen, the cast has said they don't think it'll happen but can understand why people want them to get together. Jim especially has had positive things to say about it.

I guess I don't see why it matters anyway. It's obviously not going to happen, but why insult those who want it to? Can't you find something productive to do with your time?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

So if I thought raj and penny would make a cute couple would you think that's creppy and incest since she never expresed that reaction towards him before season 4 finale or do you pick and choose?

Not incent or pedo as Penny has never treated Raj like a small child.

It's creepy only in the way that Raj clearly knows how Leonard thinks of Penny, and it'd be weird for him to do that to Leonard, thought it most certainly would not be out of character for Raj to do so... that being said, Leonard doesn't own Penny and she can do what she wants.

Haven't been in for a while so thought I would add my thoughts to this argument. People have said repeatedly that it would never happen because they couldn't do that to the people involved in the situation. To me this is a very adolescent idea.

For one thing the Shenny shippers are not speculating this to happen in the near future when yes it would hurt a lot of people. The relationship they are proposing would happen many seasons in the future (if the show lasts that long). When all of them have grown up a bit and Leonard may be married (my personal preference would be Stephanie as I thought they were good together). Noone knows what the future holds or where characters and storylines will evolve to. In fact I am sure the writers don't even know that. I am pretty sure they plan out a season at a time but not three, five or six seasons in advance. They are not that talented. The writers of X-files always said Mulder and Scully would never happen. It did end up wrecking the show but it was not very well handled so it was hardly surprising.

I really can't see Amy being a permanent character in the show, there are way too many people who don't like her.

As I have said in other posts the Shenny thing may never happen. But calling us insane or idiots is unnecessary and uncalled for. Disagreeing with someone doesn't make your opinion any less valid. We Shenny shippers must content ourselves with the fanfiction and I am okay with that.

I agree with what you said but just one thought I agree about Amy I just don't see her being on however long the show is on, but who doesn't like her? Us on the boards? It can't be the ratings I know the ratings aren't up because of Amy, but the real question does the writers and producers like Amy or are they just going with the flow and see where it takes them.

So if I thought raj and penny would make a cute couple would you think that's creppy and incest since she never expresed that reaction towards him before season 4 finale or do you pick and choose?

Wouldn't call it incest, but it surely is creepy.

I'm wondering, what gives you the impression the cast is disgusted by it? In the interviews I've seen, the cast has said they don't think it'll happen but can understand why people want them to get together. Jim especially has had positive things to say about it.

I guess I don't see why it matters anyway. It's obviously not going to happen, but why insult those who want it to? Can't you find something productive to do with your time?

OMG, this is so funny! The thread is still going strong!

I'll tell you why Lennies are so hell bent on insulting anyone who likes the idea of Sheldon with Penny - they know the amazing terrific chemistry between the two actors when they see it, and they are TERRIFIED their favored 'ship is not long for this world, since a much better alternative is right under the writers' noses. Hence the attacks, LOL. :icon_lol:

For others, it's a case of overidentification with Leonard, or lusting after Leonard by proxy. You want creepy? THAT'S really creepy. :icon_lol:

I'm wondering, what gives you the impression the cast is disgusted by it? In the interviews I've seen, the cast has said they don't think it'll happen but can understand why people want them to get together. Jim especially has had positive things to say about it.

OMG, this is so funny! The thread is still going strong!

I'll tell you why Lennies are so hell bent on insulting anyone who likes the idea of Sheldon with Penny - they know the amazing terrific chemistry between the two actors when they see it, and they are TERRIFIED their favored 'ship is not long for this world, since a much better alternative is right under the writers' noses. Hence the attacks, LOL. :icon_lol:

For others, it's a case of overidentification with Leonard, or lusting after Leonard by proxy. You want creepy? THAT'S really creepy. :icon_lol:

I don't understand your last paragraph or who's proxy.

I'll tell you why the l/p fans attack the ones that want it, they're terrified of the possibility of it if they really thought it was wishful thinking the attacks wouldn't be there so they're terrified and know there's a possibility and see the chemistry of penny and Sheldon versus l/p's chemistry.

No.

To me it makes no sense. Why would Penny want a child? Sheldon doesnt come across as a guy who will be serious. Not to mention she may not get any from him. As much as she cares for him they both get on each others nevers more than enough.

We don't know that about Sheldon he's never had a gf before, you mention he's a child that's true but let's not act like the other guys are sophistaced men.

So how is it creppy? Is it because I don't share the same view as you? I don't call your opinions creppy now do I.

No, you misunderstand. I am not calling your opinion creepy, I find it creepy that any woman, much less Penny, would ever want to be with Raj. He is creepy, in my opinion. OK?

We don't know that about Sheldon he's never had a gf before, you mention he's a child that's true but let's not act like the other guys are sophistaced men.

Amy, he freaked out about meeting her mother! True they are not. But Leonard and Howard can atleast have a realistic conversation.

Is this still going on? This is the weirdest fan-board ever. Lol, eh no offense. I mean, I'M here aren't I? And I'm a little weird.

But my point is a separate subject from this thread's argument. For a group of fans, everyone here sure seems to spend a lot of time criticizing the show. Like they think it is real life and needs to be perfect or something.

I just had to get that off my chest. I have heard some pretty intense things about the characters and obvious inconsistencies that I don't even hear from people who dislike the show. It's a tv show guys.

ROFLMAO Slick, what a remarkable one dimensional world you must occupy. How incredibly simple and straightforward everything is to you. In your world nobody ever changes their minds. In your world nobody ever goes back on something they have said. In your world nobody ever does anything radical or unexpected.

Tell me Slick what is it like in this strange little world you call your own? Are you sure you are a 26 year old college educated male. Not meaning to be insulting but the over the top conviction of most of your posts plus the little love hearts at the end seem more likely to come from a fifteen year old girl.

Boy are you going to be in for an endless series of earth shattering shocks in years to come. Maybe you need to open your eyes a little wider. This has nothing to do with the Shenny argument, this has to do with reality.

These are not just anybody. They are the creators. They are The Word Of God's!

And this..

tumblr_m43evt15I41r208zko1_250.gif

She's talking about you Africa.

As I clearly stated, some of the cast members seem to think that it is creepy. When Katy was asked about it and started her reply with "Ewwwww" that sounds to me like she thinks it's creepy. Where the incest thing between Raj and Penny thing came from is beyond me. I suppose that there is some kind of logic there for some but I fail to see it.

As I clearly stated, some of the cast members seem to think that it is creepy. When Katy was asked about it and started her reply with "Ewwwww" that sounds to me like she thinks it's creepy. Where the incest thing between Raj and Penny thing came from is beyond me. I suppose that there is some kind of logic there for some but I fail to see it.

Well I've seen Jim good things to say about it, last time I checked the cast wasn't asked or the Penny/Raj thing would never had happened, as the reason I asked is because she never expressed anything towards Raj so I was wondering if this is the same.

I don't insult your opinions and call them incest now do I? of course not.

Well I've seen Jim good things to say about it, last time I checked the cast wasn't asked or the Penny/Raj thing would never had happened, as the reason I asked is because she never expressed anything towards Raj so I was wondering if this is the same.

You left out the creators of the show, the producers, and the writers said it ain't going to happen. The writers write the basic story that the creators and producers tell them to write.

When did anyone say that Penny and Raj getting together was incest?

You left out the creators of the show, the producers, and the writers said it ain't going to happen. The writers write the basic story that the creators and producers tell them to write.

When did anyone say that Penny and Raj getting together was incest?

I'm not following about who I left out I didn't know I mentioned anyone, last time I checked what the set isn't set in stone or can they change their mind or not?

So it's basically okay for Penny and Raj but not Sheldon and Penny that makes no sense.

Also, Penny and Raj didnt have sex. People seem to forget that point.

They wanted to and they might as well had, plus she touched his Penis.