Penny should go out with Sheldon

raj

I'm having a vision that somewhere in the future Leonard and Penny break up. Then somewhere toward the next to last season they have a drunken encounter they don't recall and the last episode of that season Penny announces she's pregnant. Then in the last season leonard feels he should marry her and they do get married/ The last episode should be of the birth with all the friends gathered around.

I'm sorry Leonard + Penny, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that is probably the most depressing and sickening vision for this show that I have ever heard.

I'm with 4ofN on this. Thats the ending to a drama, not a comedy. Nothing funny there, just tragedy. :(

I agree. I think that it would be very sad for 2 people who are not a couple to get so drunk that they can't remember what happened the night before, to have sex and conceive a baby and then get married because of it. It is a road map for disaster for the marriage and for the baby.

I agree. This doesn't sound like a pleasant scenario at all.

I'm not sure Sheldon is asexual. He's inexperienced. He has demonstrated a disinterest and disdain for something he has no firsthand experience with. If he ever has sex it could very well lead to a different attitude.

True. The writers have very carefully avoided labeling Sheldon as asexual, Aspie or anything else, which I think is a clever move because it leaves them leg space to take him in whichever direction they see fit.

There was one episode where Penny asked Leonard, Howard, and Raj what Sheldon's deal was as far as sex goes. There were several theories.

The reason the writers haven't labeled Sheldon as aspie for one is the don't want to make a joke about it, the guys don't know his deal is and doesn't it look like Shrlfon would share that information with the guys?

I'm sorry Leonard + Penny, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that is probably the most depressing and sickening vision for this show that I have ever heard.

I'm with 4ofN on this. Thats the ending to a drama, not a comedy. Nothing funny there, just tragedy. :(

I agree. I think that it would be very sad for 2 people who are not a couple to get so drunk that they can't remember what happened the night before, to have sex and conceive a baby and then get married because of it. It is a road map for disaster for the marriage and for the baby.

I agree. This doesn't sound like a pleasant scenario at all.

I'm not sure Sheldon is asexual. He's inexperienced. He has demonstrated a disinterest and disdain for something he has no firsthand experience with. If he ever has sex it could very well lead to a different attitude.

True. The writers have very carefully avoided labeling Sheldon as asexual, Aspie or anything else, which I think is a clever move because it leaves them leg space to take him in whichever direction they see fit.

There was one episode where Penny asked Leonard, Howard, and Raj what Sheldon's deal was as far as sex goes. There were several theories.

Yes, I remember the mitosis. :)

My issue with the shennys is they seem to care about little else.

Same with Lennies. :icon_twisted:

Just read through this thread - isn't it sickening, how mentally unhinged some Lennies become as soon as they see a post that they perceieve as a "threat" to their favored relationship? :icon_eek:

My problem with Lennies is they care for nothing else, and for some extremely stupid reason they make it their mission to shut down anyone who posts anything not in favor of Lenny, or favorable to Shenny, or even anything remotely critical of Leonard. It's sick and insane.

I don't go to other boards to talk about TBBT, so I don't know - maybe Shennies on other boards are just as asinine as some Lennies on this one? :icon_idea:

I just see what I see here, and all you can do is raise your eyebrows in quiet amusement over people's complete lack of perspective. 'Shipping wars over a TV show - is there ANY limit to people's stupidity? Apparently, nope. :icon_lol:

I mean, of course, I understand, we shouldn't be surprised. This is an open forum after all - which means anyone, including mentally unstable people (like truly medically challenged people on serious medications), and just unfortunately extremely stupid people, and also very very young people - pimply teenagers, kindergarteners, whatever - anyone under the sun can post here anonymously - so of course you'll have your share of the posts that make you go "Huh?". :icon_lol:

It just seems to me, "shipping" in general attracts the unusual proportion of the "not so well grounded" population. I don't mind people shipping anything under the sun and talking about it - gosh, 'ship Leonard's mom with Sheldon's mom for all I care, LOL! What I do have the issue with is the feeble-minded nastiness and unrelenting focus on "promoting" their 'ship and attacking the perceived "enemy". It's tiresome. :icon_frown:

Sorry for the rant, but I've been busy and away from the board, and what do I see when I come back? Same silliness. "My 'ship's better than yours, and your hair is stupid!" :icon_lol: Gah! :icon_lol:

I'm having a vision that somewhere in the future Leonard and Penny break up. Then somewhere toward the next to last season they have a drunken encounter they don't recall and the last episode of that season Penny announces she's pregnant. Then in the last season leonard feels he should marry her and they do get married/ The last episode should be of the birth with all the friends gathered around.

I think this is a good idea for a fanfic. The show is more of a comedy, so this idea wouldn't quite work. Unintended pregnancy from a drinken encounter usually results in a sick child and the lifetime of angst, it's not comedy material. It would be a perfect idea for a family drama type of show.

No... It's not scientific or logical thought. Its comparing two FICTIONAL television shows.

I'm NOT comparing two shows at all. I'm compairing two SITUATIONS to refute the argument that "TV show creaters never (ever, evah, LOL) change their minds, or lie to the fans, or do something which they previously promised they will not do".

The two SITUATIONS - creators saying "this will never happen" and actors saying "ewwww" - are IDENTICAL. Actually, the "disgust" and denials were much more vocal from the creators of Buffy than anything we've ever heard from the creators of TBBT. :icon_cheesygrin:

So my point stands. When it comes to TV shows, Never. Say. Never. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Of course never say never. Maybe the writers will go back on what they say, maybe the show will bomb and they'll be desparate enough. My issue with the shennys is they seem to care about little else.

I totally disagree I care about more than this.

I have no issue with l/p even though their relationship is flawed until they overcome their issues or move on.

I care about wheter Penny will get a last name as well as if she stays a waitress the whole time. Will Raj overcome his mutism, will Amy continue lesbian comments at Penny? Among others.

For people that are so against this I'm intrigued of the 51 pages of posts.

Never ending debate, lol. All it takes is that one person to say they are for and you've got what we have now. because then someone eventually agrees with that one person and then eventually you get a somehow equally debate. All in good fun and interesting conversation, I dig it.

Never ending debate, lol. All it takes is that one person to say they are for and you've got what we have now. because then someone eventually agrees with that one person and then eventually you get a somehow equally debate. All in good fun and interesting conversation, I dig it.

For those arriving late, the following is a summary of this thread so far.

A: I'm right

B: No. I'm right.

A: What are you talking about. You're wrong and I'm right.

B: lol. No. I'm right.

A: How can you say that? I'm right

B: No I'm right.

B: How can you think that? Obviously I'm right.

A: Why are you such a poo-poo head? I'm right.

B: You're the poo-poo head. I'm right.

Tripper: Some of the posts have been deleted. Please be civil.

EDIT: Actually a summary of many threads.

• Like 1

Sheldon is polarizing, if anything.

Another reason Penny wouldn't date him - he'd be thrilled this thread was 50 pages and personally create 20 accounts so he could get it up to 100 pages immediately. Egotistic combined with the social skills of a rock is a dangerous combo.

My issue with the shennys is they seem to care about little else.

Same with Lennies. :icon_twisted:

Just read through this thread - isn't it sickening, how mentally unhinged some Lennies become as soon as they see a post that they perceieve as a "threat" to their favored relationship? :icon_eek:

My problem with Lennies is they care for nothing else, and for some extremely stupid reason they make it their mission to shut down anyone who posts anything not in favor of Lenny, or favorable to Shenny, or even anything remotely critical of Leonard. It's sick and insane.

I don't go to other boards to talk about TBBT, so I don't know - maybe Shennies on other boards are just as asinine as some Lennies on this one? :icon_idea:

I just see what I see here, and all you can do is raise your eyebrows in quiet amusement over people's complete lack of perspective. 'Shipping wars over a TV show - is there ANY limit to people's stupidity? Apparently, nope. :icon_lol:

I mean, of course, I understand, we shouldn't be surprised. This is an open forum after all - which means anyone, including mentally unstable people (like truly medically challenged people on serious medications), and just unfortunately extremely stupid people, and also very very young people - pimply teenagers, kindergarteners, whatever - anyone under the sun can post here anonymously - so of course you'll have your share of the posts that make you go "Huh?". :icon_lol:

It just seems to me, "shipping" in general attracts the unusual proportion of the "not so well grounded" population. I don't mind people shipping anything under the sun and talking about it - gosh, 'ship Leonard's mom with Sheldon's mom for all I care, LOL! What I do have the issue with is the feeble-minded nastiness and unrelenting focus on "promoting" their 'ship and attacking the perceived "enemy". It's tiresome. :icon_frown:

Sorry for the rant, but I've been busy and away from the board, and what do I see when I come back? Same silliness. "My 'ship's better than yours, and your hair is stupid!" :icon_lol: Gah! :icon_lol:

I think this is a good idea for a fanfic. The show is more of a comedy, so this idea wouldn't quite work. Unintended pregnancy from a drinken encounter usually results in a sick child and the lifetime of angst, it's not comedy material. It would be a perfect idea for a family drama type of show.

Pot and kettle.

You don't think two people getting so drunk that they can't remember what they did the night before end up getting married because the woman gets pregnant? Under the conditions given in the post, they weren't even seeing each other any more. Yes there is a very good chance that a child born and raised by a binge drinker will have health issues and yes there will be allot of angst if for no other reason then Leonard would have to wonder if Penny went out the next night and once again got so drunk that she couldn't remember what happened and ended up sleeping with someone else.

Just on a side note, I think that after the Raj incident, Penny's drinking to the point of not being able to remember what happened is over.

You don't think two people getting so drunk that they can't remember what they did the night before end up getting married because the woman gets pregnant? Under the conditions given in the post, they weren't even seeing each other any more. Yes there is a very good chance that a child born and raised by a binge drinker will have health issues and yes there will be allot of angst if for no other reason then Leonard would have to wonder if Penny went out the next night and once again got so drunk that she couldn't remember what happened and ended up sleeping with someone else.

Getting married cuz you got knocked up, one of the world's stupidest ideas ever of all time, I agree. Just because Penny would be a single mom makes her kid's life ruined, I disagree. Saying a binge drinker may be a bad parent, I agree. Saying the conception happened while drunk makes the child sick, I disagree, and that's just a silly thing to say. Not sure what you mean by angst. You implied that would be on the child, now you're saying it would be on Leonard? We're talking about Penny and Raj, Leonard has nothing to do with it.

For those arriving late, the following is a summary of this thread so far.

A: What are you talking about. You're wrong and I'm right.

B: lol. No. I'm right.

A: How can you say that? I'm right

B: No I'm right.

B: How can you think that? Obviously I'm right.

A: Why are you such a poo-poo head? I'm right.

B: You're the poo-poo head. I'm right.

Tripper: Some of the posts have been deleted. Please be civil.

EDIT: Actually a summary of many threads.

Lol

Getting married cuz you got knocked up, one of the world's stupidest ideas ever of all time, I agree. Just because Penny would be a single mom makes her kid's life ruined, I disagree. Saying a binge drinker may be a bad parent, I agree. Saying the conception happened while drunk makes the child sick, I disagree, and that's just a silly thing to say. Not sure what you mean by angst. You implied that would be on the child, now you're saying it would be on Leonard? We're talking about Penny and Raj, Leonard has nothing to do with it.

Penny being a single mother was never part of the equation. Someone who has a history of drinking to the point of forgetfulness more then once is a binge drinker. Getting married because Penny got pregnant after a night of Penny and Leonard got too drunk to remember the night will cause angst between them. Leonard being unsure if the child was even his would cause angst to him. That type of angst between the parents cannot be completely hidden from the child and will cause angst to the child.

Sheldon is polarizing, if anything.

Another reason Penny wouldn't date him - he'd be thrilled this thread was 50 pages and personally create 20 accounts so he could get it up to 100 pages immediately. Egotistic combined with the social skills of a rock is a dangerous combo.

I don't see how him being polarizing is a reason for her not to date him, but Sheldon's response of course she would want to date him he a superior species.

Just on a side note, I think that after the Raj incident, Penny's drinking to the point of not being able to remember what happened is over.

I was wondering when you would start taking shots at penny, for the record the post was about l/p had a drunken hookup and she got pregnant not sure what the rest of your post has anything to do with it.

Penny would be a great mother and she wouldn't be going out getting drunk with a child, some people.

Penny being a single mother was never part of the equation. Someone who has a history of drinking to the point of forgetfulness more then once is a binge drinker. Getting married because Penny got pregnant after a night of Penny and Leonard got too drunk to remember the night will cause angst between them. Leonard being unsure if the child was even his would cause angst to him. That type of angst between the parents cannot be completely hidden from the child and will cause angst to the child.

Now you're implying that Leonard isn't sure it's his.

Now you're implying that Leonard isn't sure it's his.

Let's see. Leonard and Penny are not dating. They both get drunk to the point that they don't remember the evening before, not the first time for Penny. Penny later tells Leonard that she is pregnant. If he can't even remember the night, how does Leonard know that he even had coitus with Penny? How does he know that the very next night Penny didn't get so drunk that she didn't remember what happened that night? Where was Raj?

If a girl that I wasn't dating told me that although I don't remember it, and neither does she, we had coitus and she is pregnant with my baby, I think that I would have some reservations about whether or not the baby was mine. Call me overly suspicious. Fortunately for me I have never gotten so drunk that I couldn't remember if I had sex or not. Were I Leonard, before there were any wedding bells there would be some DNA testing.

I was wondering when you would start taking shots at penny, for the record the post was about l/p had a drunken hookup and she got pregnant not sure what the rest of your post has anything to do with it.

Penny would be a great mother and she wouldn't be going out getting drunk with a child, some people.

How am I taking shots at Penny? Going by the circumstances given, Penny gets so drunk that she has another night where she doesn't remember what happened. Do you actually think that she would be happy being forced into giving up her dreams as a result of getting drunk and she got pregnant?

This is not what the show has indicated what happened, it is the circumstances that were given on the post. As I said at the end of my post, I don't actually think that Penny would ever drink that much again. Someone who drinks so much that they can't remember what happened and get's pregnant as a result of that has a drinking problem.

Good grief Rick they wake up in bed naked it's not hard to figure out what happened even if they don't remember, now she didn't specify how long they were broken up so I'm going to go with just broke up recently and I know it's hard to believe penny doesn't run out and grab a new guy the minute she's single, your putting words and thoughts into leonard's mouth and head and since he lives he lives across the hall would know if she's been out with anyone so the fact that not only does Penny tells him it's his and not only does he believe her but marries her should be good enough.

no-amy has sheldon, leonard has penny

like kaley said in the interview in a dream,

nightmare episode. but the shenny would

be happy--it came true.

penny from s1e14-- "patheric all of you"