Penny should go out with Sheldon

Usually results in a sick child and a lifetime of angst? Wow...

You disagree? Wow! :icon_eek:

Don't tell me you've never heard of birth defects due to consumption of alcohol, especially during conception?

For women *trying* to get pregnant, the medical advice is to stop drinking cold turkey at least three months before possible conception, in order to cut down on the risk of baby's birth defects. I thought everyone knew this?

Penny is a habitual drunkard. Leonard drinks and now even gets high every time he has sex with Penny. That's already NOT a very healthy combination for reproduction.

If the two of them ever conceive after getting so shit-faced drunk that they don't even remember anything about that night, the risk is pretty high that they will NOT produce a healthy child.

Raising a sick child is bad enough, but to know that it's you who made the choice to drink and therefore it's you who are at fault - yes, that would mean a lifetime of angst for the parents.

If Penny and Leonard ever decide to reproduce, they should both stop drinking and sniffing glue (or gas, whatever), unless they don't mind producing mentally or physically sick children.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

You don't think two people getting so drunk that they can't remember what they did the night before end up getting married because the woman gets pregnant? Under the conditions given in the post, they weren't even seeing each other any more. Yes there is a very good chance that a child born and raised by a binge drinker will have health issues and yes there will be allot of angst if for no other reason then Leonard would have to wonder if Penny went out the next night and once again got so drunk that she couldn't remember what happened and ended up sleeping with someone else.

Just on a side note, I think that after the Raj incident, Penny's drinking to the point of not being able to remember what happened is over.

I was wondering when you would start taking shots at penny, for the record the post was about l/p had a drunken hookup and she got pregnant not sure what the rest of your post has anything to do with it.

Penny would be a great mother and she wouldn't be going out getting drunk with a child, some people.

What makes you say that??? She can barely pay her rent. If it wasnt for Sheldon and Leonard she would be out on the street aleady.

Usually results in a sick child and a lifetime of angst? Wow...

You disagree? Wow! :icon_eek:

Don't tell me you've never heard of birth defects due to consumption of alcohol, especially during conception?

For women *trying* to get pregnant, the medical advice is to stop drinking cold turkey at least three months before possible conception, in order to cut down on the risk of baby's birth defects. I thought everyone knew this?

Penny is a habitual drunkard. Leonard drinks and now even gets high every time he has sex with Penny. That's already NOT a very healthy combination for reproduction.

If the two of them ever conceive after getting so shit-faced drunk that they don't even remember anything about that night, the risk is pretty high that they will NOT produce a healthy child.

Raising a sick child is bad enough, but to know that it's you who made the choice to drink and therefore it's you who are at fault - yes, that would mean a lifetime of angst for the parents.

If Penny and Leonard ever decide to reproduce, they should both stop drinking and sniffing glue (or gas, whatever), unless they don't mind producing mentally or physically sick children.

I don't think people within my age group do. I know plenty of girls in their very early 20's where I live that have kids or are pregnant. I'm guessing the majority of these girls weren't sober when it "accidentally" happened. If they weren't that night the actually conception happened i'm still guessing they didn't "plan" on the kid. I guess I will wait for a few years to see if all these kids have issues

For people that are so against this I'm intrigued of the 51 pages of posts.

Sheldon is polarizing, if anything.

Another reason Penny wouldn't date him - he'd be thrilled this thread was 50 pages and personally create 20 accounts so he could get it up to 100 pages immediately. Egotistic combined with the social skills of a rock is a dangerous combo.

I agree with this post. Also given the fact Penny doesn't make the best choices you would have a mess.

Good grief Rick they wake up in bed naked it's not hard to figure out what happened even if they don't remember, now she didn't specify how long they were broken up so I'm going to go with just broke up recently and I know it's hard to believe penny doesn't run out and grab a new guy the minute she's single, your putting words and thoughts into leonard's mouth and head and since he lives he lives across the hall would know if she's been out with anyone so the fact that not only does Penny tells him it's his and not only does he believe her but marries her should be good enough.

I suggest that you go back and re-read the original post. It said nothing about Penny and Leonard waking up naked in the morning. Even if they did, how does that prove that they actually had coitus? Penny and Raj woke up naked, does that mean that they had coitus? Raj wasn't so drunk that he couldn't remember what happened. There is mention in the post as to how long they have been broken up, but they have done so which means both Penny and Leonard are free to see other people. As for Leonard would know if Penny did the same thing with someone else, just how do you come to that conclusion? Did you ever think that just maybe she went to the guy's apartment? Let me guess, Penny only has sex in her apartment. A woman with a history of getting so drunk that she can't remember what happened the night before tells you that you must be the father of her child even though she can't even remember if you had sex with her or not? If Leonard never has some doubts after marrying Penny that the child is his then he is not only naive but plain stupid.

Once again, this is going on the circumstances given and not the actual character as portrayed on the show.

Since when does Leonard get high before he and Penny have sex in the big bang theory? He has never done drugs in Canon.

I think he is referring to Leonard's post-coital glow. =)

Since when does Leonard get high before he and Penny have sex in the big bang theory? He has never done drugs in Canon.

Pretty much every time Leonard and Penny have sex, they drink. The last time they also got high by sniffing gas. What's next, cocaine? :icon_lol:

It amazes me that people have no idea how harmful the effects of drinking/getting high can have on reproduction.

Wow. Just WOW! :icon_eek: Scary.

Pretty much every time Leonard and Penny have sex, they drink. The last time they also got high by sniffing gas. What's next, cocaine? :icon_lol:

It amazes me that people have no idea how harmful the effects of drinking/getting high can have on reproduction.

Agreed. Does anyone know if the gas they inhaled had any affect beyond changing their voices?

Agreed. Does anyone know if the gas they inhaled had any affect beyond changing their voices?

It is most likely SF6 (Sulphur Hexafluoride).

Inert, won't get ya high. Only thing to be careful with is that it is heavier than air. So you have to do several deep exhales in a row to get it all out.

To be fair isn't the guy in his early 20's??? An age kinda young for parenthood in nthe first place

What about the cookies from the Hippie Grandmother Schoolteachers that L, Howard and Raj ate during the meteor shower? They had a good time while Sheldon was home groping Penny's right breast I might add...

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

really? eating "crazy cookies" without knowing it qualifies as doing drugs?

???

???

Of course it does.

They were laced with something, the guys ate them and were very much affected by the drugs. They would fail a drug test if given one later, etc. - they definitely consumed the drugs.

L/H/R are smart guys. Do you honestly think NONE of them knew they felt different or were acting completely differently?

Is it a regular thing? Of course not, but it does refute the comment above that they have NEVER done drugs.

???

Of course it does.

They were laced with something, the guys ate them and were very much affected by the drugs. They would fail a drug test if given one later, etc. - they definitely consumed the drugs.

L/H/R are smart guys. Do you honestly think NONE of them knew they felt different or were acting completely differently?

Is it a regular thing? Of course not, but it does refute the comment above that they have NEVER done drugs.

Well, if we want to be technical, then it needs to be stated "L/H/R have never knowingly taken illegal drugs". Alcohol is a drug and it's legal, and they all have been seen drinking.

Tangent: We've seen Leonard, Raj and Sheldon drunk, but we haven't seen Howard drunk. We've seen him with drinks before, but never wasted.

???

Of course it does.

"Doing" drugs and having someone giving you drugs without your knowledge are two completely different things and I am amazed that anyone would try to say that they are.

well, obviously, you have never done drugs. When you're high, you won't realize you are feeling different or acting different. You have no way to reason or to reflect on what you are doing. That's what the drugs do. Doesn't matter how smart you are. They would only have realized AFTER the effects wore out.

And yes, as Rick said, consuming drugs without your knowledge, doesn't qualify as "doing drugs", since that would imply a deliberate action which didn't happen in this case.

and c'mon it was just crazy cookies. That hardly qualifies anyway, is not like they were doing heroin or crack *rolleyes*

well, obviously, you have never done drugs. When you're high, you won't realize you are feeling different or acting different. You have no way to reason or to reflect on what you are doing. That's what the drugs do. Doesn't matter how smart you are. They would only have realized AFTER the effects wore out.

And yes, as Rick said, consuming drugs without your knowledge, doesn't qualify as "doing drugs", since that would imply a deliberate action which didn't happen in this case.

and c'mon it was just crazy cookies. That hardly qualifies anyway, is not like they were doing heroin or crack *rolleyes*

Add to that, they're NERDS. During the consumption of the cookies it probably never occurred to them that 2 school teachers would put any drugs in them. They are trusting guys. While they were being affected by the drugs, the were high, it is very conceivable that it didn't occur to them what happened. After it was all over, then they probably would realize what happened, but we don't know, since they never mentioned on the show what happened after it was over.

well, obviously, you have never done drugs.... and c'mon it was just crazy cookies. That hardly qualifies anyway, is not like they were doing heroin or crack *rolleyes*

Care to make any other statents about me that you have ZERO knowledge of? Ethnicity, Religion, Political, what type of parent I am, favorite movie, etc?

I'll try ------"You have no idea about the make-up of the universe. No knowledge, clueless, etc."

See how ridiculous that is?

well, obviously, you have never done drugs.... and c'mon it was just crazy cookies. That hardly qualifies anyway, is not like they were doing heroin or crack *rolleyes*

Care to make any other statents about me that you have ZERO knowledge of? Ethnicity, Religion, Political, what type of parent I am, favorite movie, etc?

I'll try ------"You have no idea about the make-up of the universe. No knowledge, clueless, etc."

why do you take it so personally?? I only did that statement because it is obvious that no one will realize they are acting different while high. Afterwards? sure, while high? not a chance, specially if they didn't even know they consumed drugs.

Someone making a statement like that clearly doesn't have experience or knowledge on the matter of how that kind of drugs affect the human brain. It wasn't a personal attack, so chill. I didn't mean to offend you.

why do you take it so personally?? I only did that statement because it is obvious that no one will realize they are acting different while high. Afterwards? sure, while high? not a chance, specially if they didn't even know they consumed drugs.

Someone making a statement like that clearly doesn't have experience or knowledge on the matter of how that kind of drugs affect the human brain. It wasn't a personal attack, so chill. I didn't mean to offend you.

The onset on cookies/brownies is much slower and smoother than smoking a joint or taking a bong hit. It's quite believable they wouldn't think anything was up. Now, once they came down, and saw they gorged on all the food and had no pictures of the meteor shower they would realize "woah, wtf?!"

Oh, uh... I read all that online... not using my own personal experiences with drugs... cuz I don't have any... yeah... =)

I don't know how it is in the US, but where I am, 'obviously you have never done drugs' would be considered a compliment. :)

But maybe in the US it means that you're being considered uncool, and hence would be taken as an insult??

I don't know how it is in the US, but where I am, 'obviously you have never done drugs' would be considered a compliment. :)

But maybe in the US it means that you're being considered uncool, and hence would be taken as an insult??

Pot might be the only drug people might give ya crap over for not ever trying, but I personally don't know anyone who would care. Other drugs you'd be looked down on for and shunned.

Mostly, people in the US don't like be told about themselves. "Well, you obviously do this... or obviously have these other traits... " Hell, that's prolly not even a US issue. No one likes being pidgeon holed and reduced down to a few simple rules.

"You do A & B, well, then you're clearly a C".

"Judging by the way you classify women's breast sizes as flat, ripe, and banging double D's, you're obviously a virgin."

Not only is it deliberately insulting, it's actually a crappy way to ever argue a point.

Pot might be the only drug people might give ya crap over for not ever trying, but I personally don't know anyone who would care. Other drugs you'd be looked down on for and shunned.

Mostly, people in the US don't like be told about themselves. "Well, you obviously do this... or obviously have these other traits... " Hell, that's prolly not even a US issue. No one likes being pidgeon holed and reduced down to a few simple rules.

"You do A & B, well, then you're clearly a C".

"Judging by the way you classify women's breast sizes as flat, ripe, and banging double D's, you're obviously a virgin."

Not only is it deliberately insulting, it's actually a crappy way to ever argue a point.

What? Kind of blowing things way out of proportion.

well, anyhow, I didn't intend to make it insulting, and I don't really see it as insulting, but whateaver. Apologies I guess.