Penny should go out with Sheldon

Nerdy 'drug'?

SF6 isn't a drug... It's a gas with many industrial uses... and makes you sound like God from Real Genius...

I know, that's why the ' '. :)

Oh... you're one of those "quoters"... ;)

Cool counter-attack you're trying. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

well, anyhow, I didn't intend to make it insulting, and I don't really see it as insulting, but whateaver. Apologies I guess.

I wasn't personally insulted or even the slightest bit upset. So the aplogies were not even necessary - (hence the inclusion of something quite trivial such as "favorite movie" as an attempt to inject some levity).

What was interesting, and what I was responding to, was the portion of the post (decision) in which you claimed to know what another poster has done or not done during their life - with little more than interpretation of a few sentences.

Ripe for I accuracy and quite shortsided imo. No biggie though...

Nerdy 'drug'?

SF6 isn't a drug... It's a gas with many industrial uses... and makes you sound like God from Real Genius...

You two get a room already! LOL

We are in a chat 'room'. :icon_confused:

For an average viewer, if you see two people sniffing something and immediately getting all giggly and horny, you jump to the obvious conclusion.

I can't imagine the writers were not aware of the effect. I think it was intentional. :icon_lol:

Who cares about the average viewer? This is the big bang theory. If you don’t get the science then try Wikipedia. There is no way this was a metaphor for drugs.

Taking drugs is a reasonable thing to do? Okay. Interesting.

Oh, wait... Weren't you the one surprised by my comment about sick kids often born to those who drink or do drugs during conception?

They take drugs on the show all the time. Alcohol is a drug and it is severely abused by both Penny and Raj. Also, I would have a hard time imagining a bunch of people who work at a university never being exposed to marijuana. We know from the show that both Penny and her mom have smoked pot.

And, nope, I was not the one surprised by your comment about sick kids. Although I would say that alcohol or drugs at the point of conception is much less of an issue than during pregnancy itself. My wife works for Children’s Aid and I’ve heard plenty of stories about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Don't tread on me man!!!!

For an average viewer, if you see two people sniffing something and immediately getting all giggly and horny, you jump to the obvious conclusion.

I can't imagine the writers were not aware of the effect. I think it was intentional. :icon_lol:

Who cares about the average viewer? This is the big bang theory. If you don’t get the science then try Wikipedia. There is no way this was a metaphor for drugs.

Actually, the idea that their sniffing sulphur hexafluoride might give anyone implications of drugs or getting high didn't even occur to me before reading it here. I don't know if that makes me non-average or just socially clueless. :p

Actually, the idea that their sniffing sulphur hexafluoride might give anyone implications of drugs or getting high didn't even occur to me before reading it here. I don't know if that makes me non-average or just socially clueless. :p

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one. This makes you a normal, reasonable person.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one. This makes you a normal, reasonable person.

The only "drug" I know of that people use balloons for is nitrous oxide, and even then the whip cream cartridges kick a balloons butt. The kind of people who think they were "getting high" are the same ones who would give me crap for putting whiskey in my 2 year old nephews bottle to quiet him.

/wait for it...

Good grief. They inhaled a gas that changed their voices and laughed about it. How about the whole point of the gas was so that it would change their voices and they could laugh about it? It wasn't to get high, it wasn't to make them horny, it was to make their voices sound funny. All of these wild over the top theories about it was meant for something else are ludicrous. What's next, them eating Chinese food is a metaphor for them supporting communism? Fraud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. In this case what they showed meant just what they showed.

who would give me crap for putting whiskey in my 2 year old nephews bottle to quiet him.

Did his parents agree to it?...

How much do you know about the science of alcohol poisoning? We know alcohol can kill or cause serious health damage to adults, that it can damage the brain neurons, but regrettably we do not know too much about babies.... That's an oversight!

Given how non-average and enlightened are the viewers of TBBT, perhaps it would be reasonable for you guys to make experiments on 2 year old babies and share the results with the board.

Wouldn't it be a neat to figure out what dosage will kill them, what dosage will get them drunk, what kind of long term health effects can we expect, etc... You may even get a Nobel prize! :icon_cheesygrin:

who would give me crap for putting whiskey in my 2 year old nephews bottle to quiet him.

Did his parents agree to it?...

How much do you know about the science of alcohol poisoning? We know alcohol can kill or cause serious health damage to adults, that it can damage the brain neurons, but regrettably we do not know too much about babies.... That's an oversight!

Given how non-average and enlightened are the viewers of TBBT, perhaps it would be reasonable for you guys to make experiments on 2 year old babies and share the results with the board.

Wouldn't it be a neat to figure out what dosage will kill them, what dosage will get them drunk, what kind of long term health effects can we expect, etc... You may even get a Nobel prize! :icon_cheesygrin:

the "/wait for it" part was to make you stop a second and realize I was joking... I don't even have a nephew... =) Sorry, I was being silly...

the "/wait for it" part was to make you stop a second and realize I was joking... I don't even have a nephew... =) Sorry, I was being silly...

I thought the "wait for it" was to wait for fireworks to start, LOL. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Btw, I'm very glad for your non-existing nephew. Unfortunately in RL I knew a couple of occasions when the babysitters were accused of poisoning the babies - one with alcohol, the other with tranquilizers.

Both babysitters were older women in their 40s and 60s, and what was the most surprising was their reaction when they were found out. "I just gave them a little bit, to calm them down! I didn't mean no harm!" "I've been babysitting for years, and I found this medicine to be very effective!" (Yeah, I bet it was effective... :icon_lol:) :icon_eek:

I agree with Rick. It was Leonard's way of doing something fun with Penny that he figured she would enjoy doing.

Wow this thread has completely gone off topic :icon_lol:

Hey Carl I will give you a fist full of peso's if you can find a thread that hasn't gone "OFF" topic :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

But yes have to agree with Rick also....

This is the kind of disagreeing I like. :D

I disagree.

I disagree.

You disagree that this is the kind of disagreeing to like, or you disagree that I'm a normal, reasonable person?

I disagree.

You disagree that this is the kind of disagreeing to like, or you disagree that I'm a normal, reasonable person?

I disagree that YOU like that kind of disagreeing. =)

I disagree.

Which means you disagree that I like being called normal and reasonable. :icon_confused:

I disagree.

Which means you disagree that I like being called normal and reasonable. :icon_confused:

Is it reasonable to consider normal people to be disagreeable?

I disagree.

Is it reasonable to consider normal people to be disagreeable?

Now you're subverting the conversational expectations.

But in reply to your question - it's not reasonable, but I do. In some ways.

I just finished watching every Big Bang episode in less than a week for the first time and I must say....

Sheldon and Penny don't work for me in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, ever...I think Jim and Kaley work well together but their characters just don't cross the friendship, mother/son type vibe for me.

I am a Leonard and Penny fan but even that is not growing maturely the way it should, Leonard still pants after her which can get old but they're the story being told...

The only other character in the cast I could see with Penny is Raj but that was before his gay tendencies weren't so apparent.

I agree with the Penny and Leonard dynamic. As it stands now, Penny could say or do anything and Leonard would still want to be with her. Penny has made it clear several times that as far as she is concerned there is absolutely no chance of Leonard ever being interested in someone else or wanting to leave her regardless of what she does. It's great to have absolute trust in someone you are seeing but not to the point that you feel that you can do whatever you want as far as they are concerned. Penny needs to be shook up and if it is even for just a minute, worry about Leonard leaving her for someone else. You should never take someone else in a relationship with you for granted.