Penny should go out with Sheldon

There is nothing that Leonard could do that would convince YOU that he wasn't just trying to get her in bed.

That's not true. It's not my fault the writers have chosen to write this relationship as the one about Leonard - HIS attraction to Penny's hotness first and foremost (and then happily chasing after the next hot blond girl as soon as she moved into the building :icon_lol:), HIS lack of meaningful connection or respect for Penny as a person, HIS need to date a cheerleader to heal his broken self-esteem.

It's the writers' oversight. If they start writing Leonard's feelings for Penny differently, I'll notice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

Bull. Most men are initially attracted to a women because of her looks, the same as most women are initially attracted to a man because of his looks. Both men and women know this and act accordingly. When first going out on a date with a man does a woman usually wear makeup? Do her hair? Worry about how she LOOKS? The same for men. As for Leonard "chasing" after an attractive woman who moved into the building, SO WHAT? Was he seeing Penny at the time? Did he have any reason for realistically thinking that she would ever go out with him? Would it have been alright if instead of chasing a good looking woman, he had instead chased after some butt ugly one? This "lack of respect" for Penny or meaningful connection with her that you keep harping about is detached from what is being shown on the show. The only time that he has said anything that looked like he didn't respect her was when she told of her belief in what a psychic told her. How unexpected. A scientist thinks that believing in a psychic is silly. Leonard's so-called "need to date a cheerleader to heal his broken self-esteem" is ludicrous. Is that why men are attracted to good looking women, to heal their broken self-esteem? Could it be that they want to date them because THEY ARE ATTRACTIVE. Stand Penny next to Amy, bring in 5 strange men and ask them which of the two they would like to date. How many would choose Amy? NONE. Almost always, men are first attracted to a woman because of her looks, then once they get to know them, they develop stronger feelings for them. This is what Leonard has done, and it appears that the Penny character knows this.

Your animosity of Leonard is well known as is your fantasy of seeing Penny with Sheldon. It is apparent that your main problem with Leonard is that he is with Penny and Sheldon is not, and I might add, will never be.

Your animosity of Leonard is well known as is your fantasy of seeing Penny with Sheldon. It is apparent that your main problem with Leonard is that he is with Penny and Sheldon is not, and I might add, will never be.

Whatever. You demonstrated more than once an unhealthy preoccupation with that YOU think are people's motives, inner thoughts, or fantasies. :icon_lol:

I could tell you what I think your main problem is, (and probably with much more insight than you ever exhibited about other people :icon_lol:), but I don't come here to talk about other fans. My interest is the show, not your fantasies about fellow posters.

Rick is not funny in his defense of Leonard. He is stalwart and brave. A veteran of the cbolt wars. Someone has to defend Leonard as he is too many people's favorite punching bag. The Shenny folks pound on him because he's obstructing their fantasy. The Penny is a goddess crowd pummels him because there can't been anything wrong with their princess. Leonard needs a defender. Fight on, Rick!

Rick is not funny in his defense of Leonard. He is stalwart and brave. A veteran of the cbolt wars. Someone has to defend Leonard as he is too many people's favorite punching bag. The Shenny folks pound on him because he's obstructing their fantasy. The Penny is a goddess crowd pummels him because there can't been anything wrong with their princess. Leonard needs a defender. Fight on, Rick!

Here....Here....And well said it is time for "Knights" to rally and pick thier swords and cry "Havoc" and unleash the "Dogs" of war........And speaking of which were is cbolt????

Leonard... is too many people's favorite punching bag. The Shenny folks pound on him because he's obstructing their fantasy. The Penny is a goddess crowd pummels him because there can't been anything wrong with their princess.

...and yet some others pound Leonard because the writers turned a formerly nice lovable guy into kind of a douche in later seasons. :icon_idea:

If you guys think Leonard needs defending, then the best target for your anger should be the writers - ask them to improve his characterization and redeem him.

Leonard... is too many people's favorite punching bag. The Shenny folks pound on him because he's obstructing their fantasy. The Penny is a goddess crowd pummels him because there can't been anything wrong with their princess.

...and yet some others pound Leonard because the writers turned a formerly nice lovable guy into kind of a douche in later seasons. :icon_idea:

No disagreement there. They have changed Leonard AND Penny in ways that are not positive.

If you guys think Leonard needs defending, then the best target of your anger should be the writers - ask them to improve his characterization and redeem him.

And I can write the president and tell him I don't like how he's running the country. Both would yield the same result. No change.

Here....Here....And well said it is time for "Knights" to rally and pick thier swords and cry "Havoc" and unleash the "Dogs" of war........And speaking of which were is cbolt????

cbolt is alive and well. It is rumored that he has many aliases.

:icon_twisted:

If you guys think Leonard needs defending, then the best target for your anger should be the writers - ask them to improve his characterization and redeem him.

Think alot of trees would have to "Die" for that to happen but you do present a "Spot On" description with "the writers turned a formerly nice lovable guy into kind of a douche in later seasons." And He is need of some serious redemption hopefully He will get it in season six.

Leonard doesn't need defending if the attacks on him were in any way reasonable. But some of the blown way out of proportion and mostly imagined faults that some people come up with are ridiculous. What a terrible guy. At first he only wanted to get with Penny because she is good looking. Well if that is wrong count me and about 99% of the straight males in the world as douche bags. I first asked my wife out because I thought she was attractive. I must be a terrible person. I won't go into I what I think of a person who believes that is out of line. "He chased after that good looking woman that moved in his building". Stand him up against a wall and shoot the scumbag. He shouldn't have done that even though he wasn't seeing ANYONE else, or had he had any apparent chance of getting together with Penny. What kind of a low life who is unattached hits on a good looking woman that moves into his building? He must have personal issues.

Yeah, the writers have made Leonard into a real dirtball. They should have him just trying to date overweight and ugly women. That would make everything alright. :D (notice the smiley face?)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Leonard doesn't need defending if the attacks on him were in any way reasonable. But some of the blown way out of proportion and mostly imagined faults that some people come up with are ridiculous. What a terrible guy. At first he only wanted to get with Penny because she is good looking. Well if that is wrong count me and about 99% of the straight males in the world as douche bags. I first asked my wife out because I thought she was attractive. I must be a terrible person. I won't go into I what I think of a person who believes that is out of line. "He chased after that good looking woman that moved in his building". Stand him up against a wall and shoot the scumbag. He shouldn't have done that even though he wasn't seeing ANYONE else, or had he had any apparent chance of getting together with Penny. What kind of a low life who is unattached hits on a good looking woman that moves into his building? He must have personal issues.

Yeah, the writers have made Leonard into a real dirtball. They should have him just trying to date overweight and ugly women. That would make everything alright. :D (notice the smiley face?)

and yet, he dated Leslie who was not in by any means the "hot type" & Stephanie who was not in any way the supermodel type, and people kept calling him shallow so... it wouldn't help anyway. The guy can't win.

he dated Leslie who was not in by any means the "hot type" & Stephanie who was not in any way the supermodel type, and people kept calling him shallow so...

He also slept with an octgenarian... and no, I don't find THAT something to admire either. :icon_lol:

When the guy keeps chasing tail for chasing tail's sake, it's hard to win the respect of the audience and not come across as shallow in his affections.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

LOL Mrs Latham was old, but she was not an octgenarian either. Jessica Walter looks quite good for her age though :)

Penny has dated guys for the same reasons (in more occasions, too) but yet, no one holds the "shallow" card on her as hard as they do on Leonard, even though she is the other "half" of the Leonard/Penny couple.

All characters should be measured using the same standard, but many times, they are not.

LOL Mrs Latham was old, but she was not an octgenarian either. Jessica Walter looks quite good for her age though :)

Penny has dated guys for the same reasons (in more occasions, too) but yet, no one holds the "shallow" card on her as hard as they do on Leonard, even though she is the other "half" of the Leonard/Penny couple.

All characters should be measured using the same standard, but many times, they are not.

Very true, they have identical values those two. They're both a couple of sluuuts! :icon_lol:

he dated Leslie who was not in by any means the "hot type" & Stephanie who was not in any way the supermodel type, and people kept calling him shallow so...

He also slept with an octgenarian... and no, I don't find THAT something to admire either. :icon_lol:

When the guy keeps chasing tail for chasing tail's sake, it's hard to win the respect of the audience and not come across as shallow in his affections.

And Penny had sex with, how many was it, 32 or 33 men, mostly because they were "hot", not very smart and some were not very nice, but they were "hot", so she gets a pass and Leonard gets slammed?

Has Leonard acted shallow around women? Yes but Penny is no better with men. I think Leonard loves Penny because she's not like every other person he socializes with..she's normal and beautiful and funny.. Their date in season five had some really fun banter

And Penny... [blah-blah-blah]

Such a master of misdirection! (and so predictable, too...) :icon_lol:

Isn't it adorable, how instead of defending Leonard on his own merits, Rick immediately jumps on bashing other characters as a knee jerk reaction to any whiff of Leonard's critique... :icon_lol:

Person A: "Leonard did xxx", or "Leonard is xxx", or "this is what I don't find admirable about Leonard: xxx".

Rick's response: "Sheldon is horrible! Penny is horrible! (and fans who don't worship Leonard are horrible, too)!"

There's a word for this in psychology, I just don't remember what it is.

I pointed out the hypocrisy. He is no worse then any of the characters. If you read my prior posts, I have defended Leonard against some of the more asinine and moronic attacks. Leonard just wants to get in Penny's pants, he just wants to chase girls and get in bed with them, he doesn't treat Penny with respect. Blah Blah Blah. Same old garbage over and over and over. If the first bit of mud doesn't stick on the wall and then drop it and try to come up with another idiotic attack. Talk about feeble attempts at misdirection. He slept with an older woman. So what? Who pushed him into it and even fixed him a bag with condoms and lotions in it? Is there some age discrimination going on here? Let's attack Raj for sleeping with a fat chick he picked up in a bar. How terrible. I don't think that he had any respect for her at all. Funny, I don't hear allot of complaints about that. Just more hypocrisy and mindless attacks. By the way, Penny will continue to date Leonard, she will never date Sheldon (which is the subject of this thread), and I am pretty sure that she will tell Leonard that she loves him in season 6.

Semper Fi

(And I'm not talking about the cbolt wars)

The lack of punctuation will give him away

Semper Fi

(And I'm not talking about the cbolt wars)

The lack of punctuation will give him away

I thought that I was the only who was being driven crazy with run-on sentences that were as long as a normal paragraph.

No, Penny will not ever go out with Sheldon. Read the responses of the the people associated with the show when asked the question. EWWWW is one response. Another is "why would would anyone want that to happen". As brilliant as you obviously are I am sure that you comprehend that they are bewildered by the question. Most people are. Why any normal woman besides Amy, and whether or not she is normal is a matter of debate, would want to go out with Sheldon is beyond me. As for going back to other threads from months ago and taking them out of context, at least I never went on and on about how dreamy and handsome some character was.

By the way, not once did I say that YOU were stupid, idiotic, moronic, feeble or feeble minded, stupid, asinine, juvenile, or anything else of that nature. I suggest that you go back and read my statement more closely. As you yourself have said, English is not you native language so maybe you misunderstood. By the way, that is not linguistic nitpicking.

No, Penny will not ever go out with Sheldon.

The question is, *should* she? (Yes, she should.) Now who's a better English speaker, huh? :icon_lol:

As for "will" she or "won't" she, only time will tell. :icon_twisted:

As for going back to other threads from months ago and taking them out of context, at least I never went on and on about how dreamy and handsome some character was.

Oh, puhlease... You went on and on (and on, and on!) about how horrible was Penny and what a better choice was Prya. Hypocrite! :icon_lol:

Btw, I never went "on and on" about Sheldon being "dreamy". Don't lie, it's not becoming.

I did say once - and I'll say it agan - that Jim Parson is handsome. So what? You have a problem with that? Yes, Sheldon is handsome, and Jim Parson is very attractive. I also think Leonard is not attractive. Again, so what? :icon_lol:

By the way, not once did I say that YOU were stupid, idiotic, moronic, feeble or feeble minded, stupid, asinine, juvenile, or anything else of that nature.

No, but your poorly worded statement kind of implied you were. Sorry for being blunt. Calling other people's posts (about fictional characters, LOL!) "stupid, idiotic, moronic" etc. just highlights your personal limitations.

I did say once - and I'll say it agan - that Jim Parson is handsome. So what? You have a problem with that? Yes, Sheldon is handsome, and Jim Parson is very attractive. I also think Leonard is not attractive. Again, so what? :icon_lol:

Got ya! So the real reason you think Leonard is not right for Penny is because Sheldon is hotter. That he is, but isn't that a little shallow?

No, Penny will not ever go out with Sheldon.

The question is, *should* she? (Yes, she should.) Now who's a better English speaker, huh? :icon_lol:

As for "will" she or "won't" she, only time will tell. :icon_twisted:

As for going back to other threads from months ago and taking them out of context, at least I never went on and on about how dreamy and handsome some character was.

Oh, puhlease... You went on and on (and on, and on!) about how horrible was Penny and what a better choice was Prya. Hypocrite! :icon_lol:

Btw, I never went "on and on" about Sheldon being "dreamy". Don't lie, it's not becoming.

By the way, not once did I say that YOU were stupid, idiotic, moronic, feeble or feeble minded, stupid, asinine, juvenile, or anything else of that nature.

No, but your poorly worded statement kind of implied you were. Sorry for being blunt. Calling other people's posts (about fictional characters, LOL!) "stupid, idiotic, moronic" etc. just highlights your personal limitations.

They are not poorly worded, just poorly read. Kind of implied? I did not say that YOU were any of those things. Meanwhile YOU are once again making personal attacks. I am not surprised. History once again repeats itself.

Oh, by the way, you said "Oh, puhlease... You went on and on (and on, and on!) about how horrible was Penny and what a better choice was Prya. Hypocrite", It should read: "Oh, puhlease... You went on and on (and on, and on!) about how horrible Penny WAS and what a better choice Prya WAS. Hypocrite" See the difference. Just trying to help you out.