Penny should go out with Sheldon

So if Penny hasn't shown interest she must be so against the idea ever' date=' for your points she thinks he's a little crazy she didn't call him dr. Wackadoodle for nothing[hr']

How about the scene where they're playing an old married couple

Yeah it took 15 seconds before she wanted a divorce, even as a joke she quickly realized it would never work out. She has no romantic desire to be with Dr. wackadoodle.

For one she was joking and two that means she would have romantic interest

Which of course we all know that she doesn't have any romantic interest in Sheldon because she would have turned down Leonard in episode 100 which she didn't. As a matter of fact she looked very happy when Leonard did which tells me that going out with Sheldon is a desire that she doesn't have.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

So if Penny hasn't shown interest she must be so against the idea ever' date=' for your points she thinks he's a little crazy she didn't call him dr. Wackadoodle for nothing[hr']

How about the scene where they're playing an old married couple

Yeah it took 15 seconds before she wanted a divorce, even as a joke she quickly realized it would never work out. She has no romantic desire to be with Dr. wackadoodle.

For one she was joking and two that means she would have romantic interest

Which of course we all know that she doesn't have any romantic interest in Sheldon because she would have turned down Leonard in episode 100 which she didn't. As a matter of fact she looked very happy when Leonard did which tells me that going out with Sheldon is a desire that she doesn't have.

She was never excited she was unsure and hesistated, just because she hasn't expressed any does mean there might not be any.

She was never excited she was unsure and hesistated, just because she hasn't expressed any does mean there might not be any.

She had a big smile after Leonard said "Yes I still think we should" which by the way that smile was for Leonard and not Sheldon saying that he was sending the cut out back.

If Penny might, why hasn't she acted on it then. Again Why would Penny be involved with Leonard if she might harbor interest in Sheldon.

She had a big smile after Leonard said "Yes I still think we should" which by the way that smile was for Leonard and not Sheldon saying that he was sending the cut out back.

If Penny might, why hasn't she acted on it then. Again Why would Penny be involved with Leonard if she might harbor interest in Sheldon.

Maybe because Sheldon hasn't acted like he has shown interest, but it doesn't matter what you say

No it's because she has no interest in Sheldon. Her interest is with Leonard.

I remember in season 2 when we found out Penny said Leonard's name when she was making out with Stuart and also when she said that she wished Leonard wasn't going to the North Pole. At the beginning of Season 3 when she jumped Leonard's bones. In the Season 3 finale when a drunk Penny came looking for Leonard. Then came season 4 when she went into her room when Amy made that steament about Leonard not being available, her comment to Leonard in her apartment in The justice League episode, getting in bed with Leonard and not Sheldon in The Love Car episode, of course Penny crying about Leonard being in a relationship with Priya.

I know your not a fan of L/P being a couple and want S/P to be together. I get that, but like I said Penny has shown countless times that she wants to be with and desires Leonard and not Sheldon. I'm not making this stuff up, everything I said about Penny actions have happened on the show.

No it's because she has no interest in Sheldon. Her interest is with Leonard.

I remember in season 2 when we found out Penny said Leonard's name when she was making out with Stuart and also when she said that she wished Leonard wasn't going to the North Pole. At the beginning of Season 3 when she jumped Leonard's bones. In the Season 3 finale when a drunk Penny came looking for Leonard. Then came season 4 when she went into her room when Amy made that steament about Leonard not being available, her comment to Leonard in her apartment in The justice League episode, getting in bed with Leonard and not Sheldon in The Love Car episode, of course Penny crying about Leonard being in a relationship with Priya.

I know your not a fan of L/P being a couple and want S/P to be together. I get that, but like I said Penny has shown countless times that she wants to be with and desires Leonard and not Sheldon. I'm not making this stuff up, everything I said about Penny actions have happened on the show.

For one just because something hasn't happen doesn't mean anything, as for all you describe was rushed and unrealistic and instead of making it that they just threw something against the wall

You don't have proof about her and Sheldon just your opinon

For one just because something hasn't happen doesn't mean anything' date=' as for all you describe was rushed and unrealistic and instead of making it that they just threw something against the wall[hr']

I'm not sure if your first paragraph is about me or the writers because of your use of the words "You and They". If it's me your talking about then your wrong. Nothing I have said is unrealistic about what Penny did. Everyone of those things happened in the show. I didn't make any of that up. It's all 100% true and accurate. Penny did cry about Leonard/Priya being a couple, She did jump Leonard's bones, she did make a statement about Leonard in the justice league, she did go into her room because of Amy's comment about Leonard, she didn't want Leonard to go to the North Pole and Penny said Leonard's name when she was kissing Stuart by his own statement. I forgot to mention one other thing about The Love Car scene, she said she wasn't getting into Sheldon's bed. That really happened.

My opinion of Penny and Sheldon is based on what has happened in the show.

For one just because something hasn't happen doesn't mean anything' date=' as for all you describe was rushed and unrealistic and instead of making it that they just threw something against the wall[hr']

I'm not sure if your first paragraph is about me or the writers because of your use of the words "You and They". If it's me your talking about then your wrong. Nothing I have said is unrealistic about what Penny did. Everyone of those things happened in the show. I didn't make any of that up. It's all 100% true and accurate. Penny did cry about Leonard/Priya being a couple, She did jump Leonard's bones, she did make a statement about Leonard in the justice league, she did go into her room because of Amy's comment about Leonard, she didn't want Leonard to go to the North Pole and Penny said Leonard's name when she was kissing Stuart by his own statement. I forgot to mention one other thing about The Love Car scene, she said she wasn't getting into Sheldon's bed. That really happened.

Take your medicine and chill out, I didn't say you made anything up I said the way things play out is unrealistic, nothing was happening between them and all of sudden she's saying his name on a date(is this something she has done on dates), did I miss something between them and then all of a sudden she's going to miss him when he goes to the north pole and then she acts like a dog in heat when he comes back which is why they were doomed from the start and the beta test is more natural process of a relationship.

Maybe she got with Leonard because she knew Sheldon wasn't an option, because why would anyone want to willingly date Leonard

Penny thinks of Sheldon as an adolescent with behavior problems. I don't know where all this so-called chemistry is coming from but I don't see any of it in a romantic sense between Sheldon and Penny. There is not an overwhelming call by the fans for Sheldon and Penny to get together. It's not going to happen. Penny will sleep with Amy before the writers have her sleeping with Sheldon. By sleeping I mean sex. I guess she could sleep with him but all they would do is sleep.

Yeah, I have to agree. The chemistry between Sheldon and Penny is strictly comedic. They are funny as antagonists. There has never been anything that even slightly hinted at a romantic interest between them. Sheldon has no respect for Penny and has no interest in romance (or sex). Penny thinks of Sheldon as some kind of defective brother figure. I think the Shenny Shippers want it so badly that they see the good comedy created by these two characters and they superimpose their romantic fantasy over it.

Take your medicine and chill out, I didn't say you made anything up I said the way things play out is unrealistic, nothing was happening between them and all of sudden she's saying his name on a date(is this something she has done on dates), did I miss something between them and then all of a sudden she's going to miss him when he goes to the north pole and then she acts like a dog in heat when he comes back which is why they were doomed from the start and the beta test is more natural process of a relationship.

Maybe she got with Leonard because she knew Sheldon wasn't an option, because why would anyone want to willingly date Leonard

I'm not saying mistakes weren't made by L/P when they were together in season 3 and I'm not mad at you. As a matter of fact your last statement about Sheldon not being an option and that's a reason she got with Leonard is quite hilarious. Of course the show has never shown that the reason for Penny hooking up with Leonard was because Sheldon wasn't an option. Did I miss something that happened on the show that would suggest your reason?

Penny is willing to date Leonard because she said he is a great guy (she said this twice last season), she doesn't believe he would intensionally do anything to hurt her (she said this the last episode) and she would know better then all of us. If Leonard is such a bad guy why would she feel this way. If Leonard was such a bad guy why didn't Amy And Bernadette try to change Penny's mind about going on the date with Leonard. These two have been on the show for 1 1/2 seasons now so I would think that they have some knowledge of Leonard as a person. They were both happy that Leonard asked Penny out.

Sheldon lacks the maturity to be with Penny.

I'm not saying mistakes weren't made by L/P when they were together in season 3 and I'm not mad at you. As a matter of fact your last statement about Sheldon not being an option and that's a reason she got with Leonard is quite hilarious. Of course the show has never shown that the reason for Penny hooking up with Leonard was because Sheldon wasn't an option. Did I miss something that happened on the show that would suggest your reason?

Penny is willing to date Leonard because she said he is a great guy (she said this twice last season), she doesn't believe he would intensionally do anything to hurt her (she said this the last episode) and she would know better then all of us. If Leonard is such a bad guy why would she feel this way. If Leonard was such a bad guy why didn't Amy And Bernadette try to change Penny's mind about going on the date with Leonard. These two have been on the show for 1 1/2 seasons now so I would think that they have some knowledge of Leonard as a person. They were both happy that Leonard asked Penny out.

Sheldon lacks the maturity to be with Penny.

The pilot

All Leonard has for going for him is a nice guy yet there's tons of nice guys but she's never said anything about him but that.

I doubt Amy and Bernadette do

and Leonard has the maturity

I am sorry if I ruin some private fantasy. Not so much that I ruined it but that any adult would have so much emotional investment in one.

You really don't get it, do you?

Let me explain to you why you are out of line:

1) You implied the reason that the fans like Sheldon is because they have private sexual fantasies about Jim. :icon_frown:

That's insulting. You insulted and denied the intelligence and good taste of countless fans who like Sheldon because of Jim's talented performance and Sheldon's attractive traits.

2) You implied the fans do not know that the actor is gay, and that if only they did, they wouldn't like his character. :icon_frown:

That's doubly insulting. You implied the fans are stupid and do not know. You also implied the actor's sexuality should matter in deciding whether to like him or not.

3) You brought an actor's sexuality into discussion of why his fans love his character. :icon_frown:

That's disrespectful towards both the actor and the fans. Jim keeps his personal life private and out of the limelight. You had no business to bring his sexuality into the topic about his character. It was irrelevant and rude.

There're plenty of small-minded pathetic bigots who hate gays and despise women. Looks like you're one of them. You disgust me.

Yes, Penny making eye contact with both Sheldon and leonard. Penny sitting in Sheldon's spot and asking him to sit next to her of course only after he said she was in his spot but I'll give you that one. I also remember Penny getting in to the shower, taking her towel off and talking to Leonard while she was completely naked with only the shower curtain separating them.

She said he was a great guy. What else needs to be said.

I believe Amy and Bernadette do especially Amy since she's been with Sheldon.

Penny has shown countless times that she wants to be with and desires Leonard and not Sheldon.

Carl1970, what you're saying is "Penny and Leonard are canon". That's true. Penny has shown she wants Leonard on many occasions. The question however is, should she want Leonard? (IMO, no, because there's no spark.) And the topic under discussion is - should Penny go out with Sheldon? (IMO, yes, that would be neat, because there're sparks aplenty).

The rub is in the timing. I agree with you, Sheldon is not emotionally mature enough to go out with Penny, yet. Will he ever be ready? Who knows. Maybe. It will be fun to see the character grow and develop, and it would be neat if Penny were the main catalyst.

I like the idea of Penny going out with Sheldon because of the spark, but also because that would be going back to the original premise of the show, "a worldly emotionally smart waitress teaches the socially inept beautiful mind guys a thing or two about real life". Since Sheldon and Penny are two polar opposites, their interaction is infinitely more interesting than Penny's interaction with Leonard since those two are much more alike. Sheldon and Penny just make for a better story. :icon_cheesygrin:

Penny has shown countless times that she wants to be with and desires Leonard and not Sheldon.

Carl1970, what you're saying is "Penny and Leonard are canon". That's true. Penny has shown she wants Leonard on many occasions. The question however is, should she want Leonard? (IMO, no, because there's no spark.) And the topic under discussion is - should Penny go out with Sheldon? (IMO, yes, that would be neat, because there're sparks aplenty).

The rub is in the timing. I agree with you, Sheldon is not emotionally mature enough to go out with Penny, yet. Will he ever be ready? Who knows. Maybe. It will be fun to see the character grow and develop, and it would be neat if Penny were the main catalyst.

I like the idea of Penny going out with Sheldon because of the spark, but also because that would be going back to the original premise of the show, "a worldly emotionally smart waitress teaches the socially inept beautiful mind guys a thing or two about real life". Since Sheldon and Penny are two polar opposites, their interaction is infinitely more interesting than Penny's interaction with Leonard since those two are much more alike. Sheldon and Penny just make for a better story. :icon_cheesygrin:

Well I see many sparks including romantic ones between L/P but I understand if you don't. S/P's humor is based on a non romantic dialogue which works. Realistically to get S/P together both characters would have to change. The way they currently are wouldn't work. Sheldon fans fell in love with him for who he is. He is a unique character and their are risks in changing him too much.

Penny as she currently is she wouldn't go out with Sheldon because of the way he thinks about her. She tolerates him but in no way would she date a person who openly expresses his self opinionated superiority of himself as a human being over her. I'm just saying their are fans like myself who don't think S/P would work as a romantic couple but no hard feelings and I do see where you are coming from. :)

I am sorry if I ruin some private fantasy. Not so much that I ruined it but that any adult would have so much emotional investment in one.

1) You implied the reason that the fans like Sheldon is because they have private sexual fantasies about Jim. :icon_frown:

That's insulting. You insulted and denied the intelligence and good taste of countless fans who like Sheldon because of Jim's talented performance and Sheldon's attractive traits.

2) You implied the fans do not know that the actor is gay, and that if only they did, they wouldn't like his character. :icon_frown:

That's doubly insulting. You implied the fans are stupid and do not know. You also implied the actor's sexuality should matter in deciding whether to like him or not.

3) You brought an actor's sexuality into discussion of why his fans love his character. :icon_frown:

That's disrespectful towards both the actor and the fans. Jim keeps his personal life private and out of the limelight. You had no business to bring his sexuality into the topic about his character. It was irrelevant and rude.

There're plenty of small-minded pathetic bigots who hate gays and despise women. Looks like you're one of them. You disgust me.

I did not say all of the fans, I said some, and some of them said the Sheldon get's them hot, which implies that they fantasize about him.

I find it hard to believe why anyone would have fantasies about a public figure who have a different sexual persuasion or even the same sexual persuasion. I know that adolescents do but frankly I find it both strange and pathetic when an adult does.

The accusation that somehow I am insulting anyone by stating public knowledge is juvenile and asinine. I didn't know until a few days ago because I didn't care.

To somehow say that it is going over the line to post public knowledge, something that he himself has made public while giving a pass to those who discuss who an actress is dating, who she is engaged to, and to post pictures of her in a private setting with a man is both hypocritical and idiotic.

To accuse me of being a sexist of criticizing a fictional female character for excessive drinking and excessive bedroom partners and calling me a bigot for making note without criticism of something that the actor himself has made public is both disgusting and a sign of the weakness of the accusations.

As I have stated earlier, the public forum is not the place for this kind of thing. If you have a personal problem with me, act like an adult and send a private message.

To somehow say that it is going over the line to post public knowledge' date=' something that he himself has made public while giving a pass to those who discuss who an actress is dating, who she is engaged to, and to post pictures of her in a private setting with a man is both hypocritical and idiotic. [/quote']

It's not going over a line, it's just 100% completely irrelevant to the discussion. Any talk of the cast and crew's real life is worthless when discussing what happens to the fictional characters of the show.

To somehow say that it is going over the line to post public knowledge' date=' something that he himself has made public while giving a pass to those who discuss who an actress is dating, who she is engaged to, and to post pictures of her in a private setting with a man is both hypocritical and idiotic. [/quote']

It's not going over a line, it's just 100% completely irrelevant to the discussion. Any talk of the cast and crew's real life is worthless when discussing what happens to the fictional characters of the show.

Exactly. Discussing the cast's sexual preferences or speculating about the real life of posters is both irrelevant and rude.

Debating personal life of posters/cast instead of talking about fictional characters IS going over a line.

Whenever rick is unable to keep up a debate on the merits of logic, he starts getting personal about posters and now even the cast. Pathetic.

Yes, Penny making eye contact with both Sheldon and leonard. Penny sitting in Sheldon's spot and asking him to sit next to her of course only after he said she was in his spot but I'll give you that one. I also remember Penny getting in to the shower, taking her towel off and talking to Leonard while she was completely naked with only the shower curtain separating them.

She said he was a great guy. What else needs to be said.

I believe Amy and Bernadette do especially Amy since she's been with Sheldon.

Actually you forgot about her and Sheldon at the whiteboard and as for penny in the shower she would've done that with anyone the fact it is Leonard is irreleavant.

Yes she says he's a nice guy even if that's up to debate but what else is there how about attraction which doesn't appear any from her point you have to at least be attracted to someone.

As for Bernadette I would care what she has to say not only is she dating Howard but is set to marry him and plus the woman she set up Leonard with and as for Amy she's confused about her sexuality

Exactly. Discussing the cast's sexual preferences or speculating about the real life of posters is both irrelevant and rude.

Debating personal life of posters/cast instead of talking about fictional characters IS going over a line.

Whenever rick is unable to keep up a debate on the merits of logic, he starts getting personal about posters and now even the cast. Pathetic.

Once again, stop resorting to name calling and accusations in the public forum and address me privately. The person getting personal about the posters is you. Let's act like adults.

I did not say all of the fans, I said some, and some of them said the Sheldon get's them hot, which implies that they fantasize about him.

I find it hard to believe why anyone would have fantasies about a public figure who have a different sexual persuasion or even the same sexual persuasion. I know that adolescents do but frankly I find it both strange and pathetic when an adult does.

The accusation that somehow I am insulting anyone by stating public knowledge is juvenile and asinine. I didn't know until a few days ago because I didn't care.

To somehow say that it is going over the line to post public knowledge, something that he himself has made public while giving a pass to those who discuss who an actress is dating, who she is engaged to, and to post pictures of her in a private setting with a man is both hypocritical and idiotic.

To accuse me of being a sexist of criticizing a fictional female character for excessive drinking and excessive bedroom partners and calling me a bigot for making note without criticism of something that the actor himself has made public is both disgusting and a sign of the weakness of the accusations.

As I have stated earlier, the public forum is not the place for this kind of thing. If you have a personal problem with me, act like an adult and send a private message.

They have said Sheldon not Jim and even if they do about Jim what's it to you.

Discussing the cast's sexual preferences or speculating about the real life of posters is both irrelevant and rude.

Once again, stop resorting to name calling and accusations in the public forum and address me privately. The person getting personal about the posters is you. Let's act like adults.

You chose to resort to debating the private life of posters and the cast publicly. You brought this into the open forum.

Don't act surprised when you get taken to task publicly for what you said in public.

Be a man and apologize.

Debating the private lives of posters? I don't remember that.

What did I "debate" about the cast's private lives?

You don't have a problem with anyone posting about the private life of Kaly and posting what are obviously private photos of her. Why is that? Is it okay to do so about her but not Jim? Is that hypocritical? What is the problem that you have with Jim's life style and not Kaly's? A bit of bigotry there? Ruin some fantasy?

As for me being unable to debate on the merits of logic and resorting to name calling. Although you can''t see it, believe me I am laughing at you. As for name calling, I have a challenge for you. Post every personal attack that I have made against YOU and you post all of the personal attacks have made against ME. Let's see who wins.

As for going to the private messaging for this, I thought that was the rule, but if you want to do it here, although annoying to others and being rude, go for it.

They have said Sheldon not Jim and even if they do about Jim what's it to you.

Oh, brilliant. And they did say it about Jim.

No one is ripping people for being attracted to penny because of what Kaley's personal life is like you did with sheldon/Jim, plus this thread isn't about Jim or Kaley and their personal lives people discuss Kaley or Jim on different threads