Penny should go out with Sheldon

No one is ripping people for being attracted to penny because of what Kaley does lime you did with sheldon/Jim, plus this thread isn't about Jim or Kaley and their personal lives people discuss Kaley or Jim on different threads

What? Kaley does lime? What does that mean? Are you talking about lime jello shots?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that makes them "standard couples" in your mind is that the pairings are not to your liking.  The only reason you keep harping on this "curve ball" or "twist" or what you think is "thin

OK, I normally sit out arguments like this one. But this one sailed way over the pale.   Please explain how Sheldon and Penny would bring out the best in each other? The characters of Penny and Shel

I loved the British Comedy "Are You Being Served" . Ran from 1972-1983 I believe. Penny in no way should go out with Sheldon. They have no interest nor any desire to be in a romantic relationship.

No one is ripping people for being attracted to penny because of what Kaley does lime you did with sheldon/Jim, plus this thread isn't about Jim or Kaley and their personal lives people discuss Kaley or Jim on different threads

What? Kaley does lime? What does that mean? Are you talking about lime jello shots?

Sorry, I guess you meant like. What do you mean ripping Jim? Do you consider that ripping? Sorry buddy but he was born that way. It doesn't make him a bad person, it doesn't mean that he is any less then a straight male, and it doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good guy to hang out with. If you consider that ripping then you need to take a long look at yourself.

Sorry, I guess you meant like. What do you mean ripping Jim? Do you consider that ripping? Sorry buddy but he was born that way. It doesn't make him a bad person, it doesn't mean that he is any less then a straight male, and it doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good guy to hang out with. If you consider that ripping then you need to take a long look at yourself.

For one he wasn't born that way it's a choice, and you did rip females for being attracted to Jim

This entire thread has gone from being a discussion of a silly idea to one of arguments and personal attacks. May it die a well deserved death....

No, no, no! :icon_cheesygrin:

The original thread actually is very interesting and should continue.

It just took a detour into the uncalled for and irrelevant speculation on why people like Sheldon and who Jim would ever sleep with (a hint - no one on this board has a snowball's chance in hell, LOL).

So lets return the thread to the original topic:

Penny should go out with Sheldon. Post your opinions - Yay, Nay, Maybe, and this is why - and have some fun discussing! :icon_cheesygrin:

Penny was not attracted to Leonard in the beginning. When she was all crying asking why she only chooses jerks, and wants to date someone nice for a change, Leonard asks her "what about me?" And she just replies, "what about you?" She had never even considered dating Leonard up until this point, and then, she only gave in with a "what have I got to lose?"

I don't know I think 21 pages is enough

Agreed. It is well past the point of being both childish and stupid.

Then you two stop posting in this thread. The rest of us will enjoy this thread's topic.

Penny was not attracted to Leonard in the beginning. When she was all crying asking why she only chooses jerks, and wants to date someone nice for a change, Leonard asks her "what about me?" And she just replies, "what about you?" She had never even considered dating Leonard up until this point, and then, she only gave in with a "what have I got to lose?"

Good point. The turnaround for Penny was rather sudden and her main reasons for wanting to be with Leonard were not very compelling.

I wonder, for those who think Penny and Sheldon make for a more interesting match, how long do you think it should take? How fast their relationship would progress?

Good point. The turnaround for Penny was rather sudden and her main reasons for wanting to be with Leonard were not very compelling.

I wonder, for those who think Penny and Sheldon make for a more interesting match, how long do you think it should take? How fast their relationship would progress?

It would be over before their first date was over. She broke up with Leonard because he implied she wasn't smart enough. Sheldon will straight up tell her that to her face. He barely recognizes the intelligence of his friends, and still considers Wolowitz a simpleton. Penny is physically affectionate, Sheldon is not. They could not be more opposite in so many respects. The bond they have is like a brother/sister. If they tried to make it more than that, it would all fall apart.

Agreed and another point her and Leonard were just friends nothing is happening and then she goes out with Stuart and says leonard's name I felt like I was missing something that would make her do that and then she is upset that Leonard is going to the arctic and then he comes home and acts like a dog in heat and proceds to jump his bones I felt that was a sudden change out of nowhere which is why it was doomed from the start the first time.

But since her relationship was Leonard was so sudden how is it not believeable if that happens with Sheldon.

It would be over before their first date was over. She broke up with Leonard because he implied she wasn't smart enough. Sheldon will straight up tell her that to her face. He barely recognizes the intelligence of his friends, and still considers Wolowitz a simpleton. Penny is physically affectionate, Sheldon is not. They could not be more opposite in so many respects. The bond they have is like a brother/sister. If they tried to make it more than that, it would all fall apart.

Well if they were to date penny would set him some rules for what you just mentioned

And there we have it…. Rules. Changes. Compromise. The very reason this can't happen. This character doesn't need saving. He knows who he is. This is a prime example how some people salivate at the idea of changing the object of their desire into someone that fits their needs. It's not right.

It would be over before their first date was over. She broke up with Leonard because he implied she wasn't smart enough. Sheldon will straight up tell her that to her face.

LOL! I agree with you that the way Penny and Sheldon are currently, they are not ready for dating each other.

Sheldon is still in many ways like a petulant child, and Penny is still looking for a validation of her self-worth in all the wrong places.

Their bond however is growing. Just because their bond started as that of friends or siblings doesn't mean it can't change into something more. There're plenty of couples who started as friends before falling in love.

The characters are growing as well. Sheldon is certainly changing. I view TBBT story as one where people with different strengths and backgrounds meet, become friends/lovers, and as a result they grow and enrich their lives.

Sheldon who could date Penny is not the Sheldon from the show. He would be totally unrecognizable. They might as well kill off the character altogether.

Oh please... Sheldon who let the girl hold his hand and kiss him - without freaking out! - is also not the character as he used to be. So what?

People change, characters grow. Such is life. Makes for a more engaging show. :icon_cheesygrin:

Penny cares for Sheldon as a person. It's just that she doesn't and hasn't shown any desire to be with him. Sheldon still belittles her and thinks of her as sub human to him and continues to verbally express this opinion of Penny to her.

Let's be honest, Leonard has treated Penny in a much friendlier manner than Sheldon has. If Leonard talked and said to Penny the statements and comments Sheldon typically does to her do you think Penny would go out with Leonard. The answer would be no. She would tell Leonard to go take a hike.

They've just been friends too long. At least with Leonard and Penny, there has been some tension, the topic is out in the open. If Sheldon and Penny started dating, it'd be too much like Kramer and Elaine dating, or Elliot and Turk, or Deborah and Batista, or Rachel and Chandler. It just wouldn't feel right.

I think the writers of TBBT are brilliant. Don't sell them short. If they ever write Penny with Sheldon, they'll do a great and convincing job.

Who could have ever predicted Amy Farrah Fowler? :icon_cheesygrin: And yet here she is, Sheldon's girlfriend, walking, talking, annoying some and delighting others... This new character is brilliant, and the experimentation that Amy is doing with Sheldon is amazing.

I want more. More growth, more conflict, more change.

OMG, please no.

I'm just in the mid of S3 and I don't know what happens in the future episodes, but this sounds so wrong for me. I don't see any chemistry between them...at least not in a romantic way.

But I'm sure the writers will try it with them...even if it's only for a single date.

I'm just in the mid of S3

OMG, I envy you!

Very recently I finally finished all available DVD seasons through season 4. Now I'm in withdrawal. You still have one and a half seasons to watch! You lucky dog! :icon_cheesygrin:

They've just been friends too long. At least with Leonard and Penny, there has been some tension, the topic is out in the open. If Sheldon and Penny started dating, it'd be too much like Kramer and Elaine dating, or Elliot and Turk, or Deborah and Batista, or Rachel and Chandler. It just wouldn't feel right.

I completely agree with this.

Plus: Penny has her needs. Can you guys imagine Sheldon having sex all the time? Well I can't.

They have a beautiful friendship and I hope they keep it that way.

OMG, I envy you!

Very recently I finally finished all available DVD seasons through season 4. Now I'm in withdrawal. You still have one and a half seasons to watch! You lucky dog! :icon_cheesygrin:

haha, I watch them too fast. I can't stop. When I have enough time, I watch like 10 episodes, it's like a drug. :icon_redface:

OMG, I envy you!

haha, I watch them too fast. I can't stop. When I have enough time, I watch like 10 episodes, it's like a drug. :icon_redface:

Still better than me. When I downloaded them all, I watched all four seasons in four days. I wish I had paced myself but I just couldn't. LOL.