How did you discover the show?

I found it by accident after season Three had begun.

The The Big Bang Theory used to be on before the show "Rules of Engagement" (which I no longer watch) and I would leave The Big Bang Theory on while waiting for the other show to come on after. I would sit and play guitar and work on the songs I was learning but I never really paid attention to the show. All I remember was seeing that Johnny Galecki was on the show and I saw all the characters running in between some girls apartment. I thought it was just another dumb sit-com.

Then I caught a re-run of "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis" and being a huge nerd myself and a huge Star trek fan I realized this show was about Geeks and Nerds so I began to watch the show and I became hooked! I ran out and bought the first two seasons on DVD and The Big Bang Theory fast became mine and my wife's favorite show.

I think it was around the time Season 4 just finished up. I was hanging out with my friends and they all started talking about people named Sheldon, Amy Farrah Fowler, and Bernadette, and pulling quotes from the show. One day, they decided I absolutely had to watch it and threw together a Big Bang Marathon at someone's house, and we watched random episodes from Season 4. I got hooked and hunted for the previous seasons. I got through all of them within a week, and was all caught up for when Season 5 began.

I think it was around the time Season 4 just finished up. I was hanging out with my friends and they all started talking about people named Sheldon, Amy Farrah Fowler, and Bernadette, and pulling quotes from the show. One day, they decided I absolutely had to watch it and threw together a Big Bang Marathon at someone's house, and we watched random episodes from Season 4. I got hooked and hunted for the previous seasons. I got through all of them within a week, and was all caught up for when Season 5 began.

After I got hooked on the show my wife and I had some friends over for a marathon, they had not seen the show either and they fell in love with it too.

I was given the first three seasons (downloaded copies) by a friend, after he kept talking about the show and I just had to know who Dr. Sheldon Cooper was. This was around Sept 2010, so I started watching season 4 episodes (also downloaded) just 2 weeks after I went through all of seasons 1-3 (yes, in 2 weeks!)

I discovered "The Big Bang Therory" only recently by accident in November last year. I zapped around on my TV and catched on a sitcom, and I liked it immediately. This sitcom was "The Big Bang Theory". :icon_cheesygrin:

At that time they aired reruns of Season 1, and it didn't take long and the DVD's of season 1, 2 and 3 were ordered at amazon. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

I was aware of the show, as we'd watch other Monday night comedies and my brother told me he really liked it, but I hadn't watched it until recently. But with the show in syndication on TBS and one of our local stations here in Philly, I happened to put it on while washing dishes one day. And then another day. And another. And fell in love with the show. Now it's my new favorite and I am trying desperately to catch up on all the episodes I've missed for 4 + years.

Favorite is absolutely Sheldon. Jim Parsons plays him so brilliantly with his big blue eyes and boyish charm.

And I just joined this forum, so hi everyone!

I've actually seen it on TV but i was busy so i didn't pay much attention,then my friend bought a dvd and watched 2 episodes together,after that i went home,took some money and ran to dvd shop to buy it :D

I only have one dvd,i've *cough*downloaded*cough* other seasons...

One day I saw my brother watching someting and I wanted to know what it is and he said that this show is called "The Big Bang Theory" and these two guys there (he was watching the pilot episode and there were Sheldon and Leonard but I didn`t know their names yet) are physicists and I was like " No I`m not interested in physics" but about one year later I changed my mind and I thought maybe I can watch the pilot episode...and I caught myself laughing about the pilot episode :D and then I watched all Season 1 episodes and all Season 2 episodes...I loved the show! I think it was Sheldon`s fault :D He´s so special :D

I was extremely sick had nothing to do and watched season 1 and 2 on dvd in bout 3 days (season 2 just came out on dvd) I then started to watch all the movies they talked about a few more days for that.

My girlfriend (now wife!) got me into it sometime during season 3 or maybe early 4. (It's on repeat (rerun) pretty constantly on E4 here in the UK.) For some reason I'd always avoided it but she loved the show, especially Sheldon of course, and got me into it.

Downloaded every episode I could (even as far as the 2 unaired pilots!) and love it. Always good to settle down on a Friday evening for some Big Bang, 30 Rock, Up All Night & Parks & Rec from the previous night in the US. (Ordering merch to make up for my 'impatient borrowing' ;-) – thanks to this site I found out about UK availability and have ordered wifey presents).

Oh yes...my first post here. Can't believe the 'Lenny' username was available...

It used to be on at all hours here in Australia, one week 8.30pm, next 11.30pm, so I had seen the odd episode and my first reaction was strange little show, but fun. Then early last year a very sad event in my life took place and I needed something to cheer me, and I don't know why but after one very stressful and exhausting day I went to the local store and bought myself Series 1,2 and 3 of TBBT. I still have no idea why, really had only seen the odd episode before I handed over all that cash. It was exactly what I needed, and my partner and I watched the first two seasons in one day and then Season 3 the day after. I've loved it ever since. It made me laugh when I needed to. Oh god that sounds really sad, sorry to be such a buzzkill.

I had heard of the show probably when season 2 was being shown but I had never watched it, and then one night I was watching misfits and E4 and was waiting for Scrubs to come on (I have all season on DVD but still watch them) and a program called 'The Big Bang Theory' double episode was on inbetween. So I thought I have heard about this show so I will leave it on while i wait. It was the first 2 episodes of the show. I will be the first to admit that I don't understand some of the show, but I was laughing my head off at these episodes.

As soon as they finished I went onto my I-phone and my tv listings app to find that this show was on again the night after before scrubs (bare in mind this is roughly 11:30pm - 12:30Pm on E4 depending whats on before). So for the next two weeks I watched TBBT and thought this is one of the best TV shows around and it then became a ritual of mine to watch TBBT and then Scrubs before going to sleep.

After two weeks I noticed that they had gone back to the pilot episode which I thought was strange, but I had found out at the time Season 4 was coming to an end, and they did a two week stint of various episodes of season 1 - 3. Then after the two weeks, they started it again from Season 1 episode 1 and show 2 episodes a night Monday through Sunday.

I watch it religiously every night, and they have just gone back to season 1 again after showing all episodes of season 1 - 4.

We are currently on a break from season 5 so can't wait for that to return over her in the UK.

My wife "claims" that the program is rubbish but she will watch it "because" I am watching it, but yet she is killing herself laughing too. She also bought me the Season 1 - 4 boxset for Christmas :D

I was laying in bed about watching t.v and I couldn't find the remote and the big bang theory came on, I was watching it for about 5mins and was not enjoying it really lol but i was so cold I really couldn't get out of bed to change the channel.

Which im really happy about as i continued watching and thought it was pretty funny, now I don't stop watching it haha!

when im in bed, cooking, cleaning its always on, im such a geek for this show!

love love love it!!!! <3

• 2 weeks later...

I first heard of the show in an an online discussion group where several aspie teenaged boys were talking about how much better life had become for them since their classmates started joking about how "Sheldon" they were, instead of beating them up. "Sheldon" made aspies funny and sympathetic, and that was already positively affecting some young aspies' lives. "Who is this 'Sheldon'?" I wondered.

So when I heard he was an aspie character in a sitcom, I decided to check it out.

The very first scene I ever saw was so dead-on perfect. It went something like this:

Another character: "Howard can't eat that because he is lactose intolerant. If he eats it, he will blow up like a balloon in the Macy's parade."

Sheldon (with the aspie need to be absolutely precise and correct) "Except that in the Macy's parade, they use helium, and Howard produces copious amounts of methane."

Everyone laughs. and for a brief instant Sheldon is puzzled by their laughter, then he realizes that he has made a funny, even if he doesn't understand exactly what was funny, and he joins in the laughter.

All that conveyed in his face in an instant. It was perfect.