The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cute.Little.Jane

Beauty ;-)

I have always wondered about two things... Both connected with beauty :p

First about Bernadette... It has been suggested, that she is not seen as "pretty" (I don't remember exactly, but Howard was shocked that she dated some handsome scientist before him, and in another situation he told Leonard about Penny, that he - Leonard - had beauty queen, suggesting that Bernadette IS NOT one) I don't recall the exact situation, but I think Bernadette is rather pretty... Maybe I would agree that her voice is not attractive but her appearance is - to me.

And second question about Amy... She is played by such a nice actress and they made her look ugly. Why is it so? What do you think, is it clothes or lack of make up that makes us see Amy ugly?

Hmm I think its cause Bernadette is more cute/pretty then sexy/hot but to me shes very very beautiful :).

Amy on the other end, is very ugly and I can't stand her voice. Bernadette's voice is cute but Amy's voice sounds like a man with no personality -.-

The OP was referring to the actress as being pretty, not her character Amy.

Anyway, I think it's a combination of her clothes and her face. They purposefully mix and match colors and layers on her that make her look older than she is, and they're often horribly mismatched. The glasses help a bit with the nerdy look but I think a huge part of it is her smile. As Amy, she rarely ever smiles (which intentionally makes her look drab), but some google images show her on set and with Amy's clothes on, and she looks a lot prettier with just a smile; a natural smile, not a smile for the camera.

Mayim looks prettier now than when she played "Blossom".

I find Bernadette more cute than sexy. Kinda like a puppy.

I think they dress down Mayim and make her look nerdy and dowdy because that's how Amy is supposed to be, on the show. The point is that Sheldon (being what he is) genuinely admires her for her brain, not her looks.

Also, this way they get to have to have the satisfaction of showing occasional flashes of her attractiveness (when she dresses up for the wedding, or when she turns up in a gown and smiles brilliantly) and then people can say 'oh, Amy looks pretty after all!' :)

Mayim looks prettier now than when she played "Blossom".

I find Bernadette more cute than sexy. Kinda like a puppy.

Some of us nerds find cute very sexy! :icon_wink:

I agree she is cute... I just think it's a pity that Howard doesn't really see that she is also pretty in a way... You know, he didn't have problems with sleeping with Leslie (and she is also not a hot type) so why did he has problems with sleeping to Bernie?

They dress down Amy because that's her charater and that is how she has been dressing since she was in school. I feel the all covered up look comes from a protective mother and she has just grown into that being her style and what she picks out to wear.

I find Bernadette very pretty. She isn't the same kind of pretty as Penny though. Penny is popular girl pretty, she is the one who would have always won a beauty contest. Bernadette is the type that would have been akward and then grew up to be pretty. I think Amy is stuck on how people's beauty is view in high school and that is why she does not consider Bernadette as beautiful as Penny.

(on a side note: I see more of myself in Bernadette. How her beauty is viewed and with how she dresses. I want her style)

I think Bernadette is really really prettier than Amy. Not concerned about if she used surgeries or facelift or make ups but she is really very beautiful and no one can deny it. On the other hand Amy, if compared with Bernadette, cannot be said more beautiful. But she is good too. I lover her work.

Look online at the SAG awards this year. Find a picture of Mellisa and you will see how pretty she really is. She is not like Bernadette at all.

so why did he has problems with sleeping to Bernie?

Has Howard ever actually had an issue sleeping with Bernadette?

Rewatch episode 13 of season 4 (this is the ep which features what you mention in your opening post)

I think Howard's more threatened by Glenn's "size" as opposed to Bernie's beauty.

so why did he has problems with sleeping to Bernie?

Has Howard ever actually had an issue sleeping with Bernadette?

That's how I understand it. When she wanted him to "move", he told Penny that he had been always thinking that if he happend to have a girlfriend, she would be a stunning beauty. (I'm not quoting, it's from my memory :p)

Rewatch episode 13 of season 4 (this is the ep which features what you mention in your opening post)

I think Howard's more threatened by Glenn's "size" as opposed to Bernie's beauty.

Well, but he says that he thought if he dates a girl like Bernie he will not have to deal with "ex boyfriend" like Glenn...

From my own perspective I love the women in this order :)

Dr Stephanie

Bernie

Amy

I am biased because I also went by cup sizes cause Im a boob girl like that. So personally Dr Stephanie is my favorite. Bernie is soo very pretty and frankly so is Amy. I agree they made her look ugly. I think she looked way cute in Blossom.

On a more pervish note - Seriously .. Dr Stephanie and Bernie's rack lets just say this lesbian is happy ! :)

Those are particularly good pictures of Melissa but I think Mayim is prettier in the flesh... but each to their own.

Lol, maybe it's because I'm a brunette, but I love brunettes. (Probably not, just trying to look for logic when I don't really have to.)

I think Mayim is really, really beautiful. She would definitely be more my type over Melissa. Don't get me wrong, though, Melissa is gorgeous as well.

I think they're both cute on the show. Sure, Mayim as Amy looks "homely" but I wouldn't call her ugly by a long shot.

Who is she? please who can tell me~ so beautiful!

Melissa Rauch, who plays Bernadette (Howard's fiancee)

I think at some point they are going to make Amy pretty on the show and that will be a catalyst for Sheldon to become attracted. But that 's just me, trying to write this show. :)

I think both women are very attractive, and they make Amy look nerdy and homely for obvious reasons on the show.

IMO the actress who plays Amy if just not very attractive. She looks like the woman who played the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. It's the shape of her face.