The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.16 The Vacation Solution (Feb. 9)

How do you rate this episode?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Another ho-hum episode. This is sad. TBBT is the only network series I'm watching now & it seems my time here is limited. Our Sheldon, I would guess, has suffered because he is now an amalgam of every writer who has written for him. I definetely don't buy other peoples theories that the show is better or worse with or without Amy or when the core cast is primarily involved. THE SHOW IS BETTER WHEN IT'S WELL WRITTEN. Here's hoping the show finds its 3rd wind (the addition of Amy & Bernadette was the 2nd wind, before the 1st wind had even gone out of it).

I too would like it to return to the days of old. However, the ratings have never been higher and in TV you don't screw with that. They will continue to write the show as they are presently, one episode at a time, concentrating on relationships, and with little or no regard to continuity.

They hired someone to ensure the science was correct. Sheldon is really such a cplex character, wouldn't it be wise to hire someone to ensure that Sheldon & the rest of the characters are being treated correctly!? For example, this season S has been treated almost as a simpleton (aside from Physcis). Let us not forget:

Amy: "Do you know about meme theory?"

Sheldon: "I know about everything but go ahead."

Meme theory is a sociological study... SOFT SCIENCE! Remember, just because Sheldon doesn't understand something empirically does not mean he does't know about it. Ah well. Thanks for 4 good years anyhow!

Leonard's eyebrows during The Black Eyed Peas song were very creepy... almost stupid :D lolz

I think that was what Penny wrote in her beta test list.

Yup :D

This episode was....bleh. Once I heard Sheldon laughing at the beginning, it just totally threw me off. Ooh and look, another reference to Raj and Howard's ersatz homosexual relationship. The writers really love that dead horse...

p.s. Jus a lil off topic, but it just seems like the writers jus have Penny waiting in the wings for when Leonard is interested again. There are no serious long term relationships for Penny like Leonard and Priya and before that Stephanie. Shes just...there. No character development. Nothing

Thought it was a good one and Leonard singing was hilarious! The eyebrows together with the glasses & him making faces during the singing that was creepy :icon_cheesygrin:

Loved how Amy put the famous Dr Cooper in his place & having him actually say sorry for once..

Liked that he was out of his comfort zone & having witnessed what Biology is as he always refers to it as non science.

His fainting is great btw!

The Howard story was ok, wonder how that will develop.

LOL at the backside of the wedding invitation being in Klingon, at least Bernadette doesn't rule the whole relationship.

I liked a lot of it, but do find the repetitive story with Howard/Berna to be annoying with them having a real serious issue that should be discussed before marriage, but gets swept under the rug.

Amy-Lesbian over Penny - annoying as heck. I don't mind her being a bit weird as in someone mentioned Penny is like the friend Amy could have never had; but every week there's something and it's getting old.

I also like the scene at the bar how Penny told Howard the women had a meeting. I liked most of the episode.

Our Shelly is in love and either doesn't know it or doesn't want to admit it but when has he ever laughed like that? When has he ever apologized like that with no encouragement or help from others? Yup, our boy is growing and I think tptb has plans;) They are dropping hints like flies. :p

Sheldon in the wig was quite a funny site and Leonard's singing O_O

I thought the episode was funny but a little out of character for Sheldon, mostly when he was in Amy's lab. No gloves, a bit odd. Even I would were gloves around there.

Just signed up after watching this episode. I'm a huge fan of th show, this episode however was very poor in my opinion. It truly lacked the regular wittiness and creativity. Diaologues were quite poor in general. Also Sheldon's behavior was completely out of sync with his character.

I really hope the next episodes will be better, I really enjoyed every one of them over the last five seasons.

I also like the scene at the bar how Penny told Howard the women had a meeting. I liked most of the episode.

That interaction between Penny and Howard was my favorite of the show. It was like the two of them of old.

Leonard and the Black Eyed Peas is a non problem. In the past someone has mentioned a group that I have not heard of before but I really liked them after listening to them. I don't understand why anyone would have problems with that. It would similar to people having problem with Penny quoting lines from the Star Wars movies when she wasn't interested in them before Leonard got her interested in them.

I think that Amy is an excellent character as long as they don't have her making semi-romantic comments to Penny. She is the perfect "mate" for Sheldon.

Frankly I like Bernadette better then Howard. I find her references to possible mishaps with deadly viruses and bacteria funny. Howard has gotten to the point that I just think that he is a colossal jerk.

Overall I liked this episode although like many I wish that they had more Leonard/Penny moments. It seems to me that Penny has ended up becoming the "adult" in the group. I think that she is more mature then when she first appeared although I liked her even then.

Leonard and the Black Eyed Peas is a non problem. In the past someone has mentioned a group that I have not heard of before but I really liked them after listening to them. I don't understand why anyone would have problems with that. It would similar to people having problem with Penny quoting lines from the Star Wars movies when she wasn't interested in them before Leonard got her interested in them.

I think that Amy is an excellent character as long as they don't have her making semi-romantic comments to Penny. She is the perfect "mate" for Sheldon.

Frankly I like Bernadette better then Howard. I find her references to possible mishaps with deadly viruses and bacteria funny. Howard has gotten to the point that I just think that he is a colossal jerk.

Overall I liked this episode although like many I wish that they had more Leonard/Penny moments. It seems to me that Penny has ended up becoming the "adult" in the group. I think that she is more mature then when she first appeared although I liked her even then.

Except penny mentioned it to Leonard who never heard of them and considering he doesn't respect or listen to penny this is hard to believe what next he reads his horoscope which he has a big problem with and no they don't need to bombard us with penny and Leonard every week or make it about them every episode they were the focus from the pickup from the break for the first couple episodes there's other stories and cast to write for plus they're a non factor right now. Plus it's different with penny picking up a star trek reference or any other interest of the guys considering she's open minded and hangs out there alot and the guys and Leonard especially are set in their ways, I don't see Amy as a"perfect mate" for Sheldon they're to alike and that's normally almost allways a problem and I see her wanting something from him and he won't want to and they break up and not sure what would happen to Amy after that.

I think jumping to the conclusion that Leonard never listens to Penny because he thinks that reading horoscopes is a waste of time is a real stretch. I think that if for no other reason Leonard would start listening to the Black Eyed Peas to please Penny, not to mention he just might want to be familiar with popular music. As I said before, Leonard singing a Black Eyed Peas song after Penny mentioned the band to him is a non-problem.

I think jumping to the conclusion that Leonard never listens to Penny because he thinks that reading horoscopes is a waste of time is a real stretch. I think that if for no other reason Leonard would start listening to the Black Eyed Peas to please Penny, not to mention he just might want to be familiar with popular music. As I said before, Leonard singing a Black Eyed Peas song after Penny mentioned the band to him is a non-problem.

Non problem to what? The horoscope was an example has he ever valued her opinon no, since when would leonard feel like he wanted to listen to popular music if anything he would think it would make him "cool" what's next one of the guys watching a game.

I agree with rickfromillinois. I don't see anything wrong with Leonard listening to the Black Eyed Peas. So what if he started listening to it after Penny introduced him to it? Friends/boyfriends/girlfriends introduce new things to each other all the time, and sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Penny watched the new Star Trek movie on her own while the guys were at the North Pole, she also tried to learn physics so she could talk to Leonard about his job, and Leonard tried to learn football so he could watch the game with her friends. It's just what happens when people spend time together.

Hey guys, I have a question, what does Sheldon say to Amy after he apologized and then went to wash the ‘‘dishes’’?

I agree with rickfromillinois. I don't see anything wrong with Leonard listening to the Black Eyed Peas. So what if he started listening to it after Penny introduced him to it? Friends/boyfriends/girlfriends introduce new things to each other all the time, and sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Penny watched the new Star Trek movie on her own while the guys were at the North Pole, she also tried to learn physics so she could talk to Leonard about his job, and Leonard tried to learn football so he could watch the game with her friends. It's just what happens when people spend time together.

How do you know penny watched what while Leonard was betraying Sheldon in the north pole that's because you don't we don't what penny did then, penny wanted to know what leonard's work is about, the only reason Leonard "learned" football is because he felt left out with penny and her friends, it's different with penny she's open minded and open to trying new things and plus she's over there at the apartment she learned a thing or to about what they watch, I'm just saying I'm not buying that Leonard is willingly to try new things or maybe it's like the episode that he says the only reason he watched the newest Sandra bullock movie or whatnot is because he thought it would help him get into her pants maybe this is what he's doing where he thinks the only way to a relationship is sex, is anyone really buying Leonard as a black eye peas fan? No, especially two years later he decides to listen to them and when has Leonard listened or valvued her opinon, interests, beliefs, etc?what's next that Leonard has new interest that will be revealed, lets face it Leonard is ashamed that he's a nerd so anything that isn't that he'll try just so he won't have to fill like a nerd and be seen as "cool" like he's still in school or something.

She told Sheldon about the new movie when he came back from the North Pole.

I really don't see why this is an issue. Penny told Chuck about the Black Eyed Peas and later he sang one of their songs. How is this beyond the realm of believability? Boyfriends all of the time do things that they think might please their girlfriends. Allot of boyfriends listen to certain music that their girlfriends say they like because they want to relate to them and please them. That music may not be their favorite, but many do at least listen to it. This is not strange, unbelievable, or uncommon.

She told Sheldon about the new movie when he came back from the North Pole.

I really don't see why this is an issue. Penny told Chuck about the Black Eyed Peas and later he sang one of their songs. How is this beyond the realm of believability? Boyfriends all of the time do things that they think might please their girlfriends. Allot of boyfriends listen to certain music that their girlfriends say they like because they want to relate to them and please them. That music may not be their favorite, but many do at least listen to it. This is not strange, unbelievable, or uncommon.

Who's chuck now? Maybe if it is a normal boyfriend but that's not Leonard he'll only do something that suits him so maybe it is like the Sandra bullock movie were he only listens to them because he thinks it'll help him get back into her pants, but two years later he's listening to them come on, now maybe if penny was in the car listening to them would've been better

Leonard didn't try to take in her interests the first time( when he wasn't starting a fight) so why would he now

Maybe after he started listening to them he like them. Trying to say this is unrealistic is humorous. I really don't see why anyone would consider this some kind of a problem. As far as him being such a jerk when they were together, the reason she broke up with him was because he told her that he loved her. Obviously she didn't think he was such a jerk and I certainly don't remember anyone else thinking that he was at the time.

Maybe after he started listening to them he like them. Trying to say this is unrealistic is humorous. I really don't see why anyone would consider this some kind of a problem. As far as him being such a jerk when they were together, the reason she broke up with him was because he told her that he loved her. Obviously she didn't think he was such a jerk and I certainly don't remember anyone else thinking that he was at the time.

You're not explaining yourself you don't see it as a problem to what? So making her feel stupid and not respecting her beliefs isn't a jerk I don't know what is, the fact that she didn't love him even a tiny bit after being together says something, I see Leonard as a emo music fan he certaintly has the look down.

The problem with the thought of Leonard singing some Black Eyed Peas seems to be a problem with some of the fans, not anything indicated on the show. As for him being a jerk because he thinks that astrology is hokum, then most of the scientific world is composed of jerks. If I remember correctly Penny broke up with Leonard because he was going too fast and later she came to regret her decision. As for him liking a particular type of music or group, there are many people who appreciate multiple types of music, that is not strange either. I say again, there is nothing strange in Leonard liking the Black Eyed Peas after Penny referred the group to him.Tthere is nothing out of character in him listening to her advice, and there is nothing strange or out of character in a Physicist believing that people who think that the position of astral bodies somehow controls their lives are deluded. This also doesn't make him some type of jerk, uncaring, or insensitive. Like I said previously, I have not heard anyone else insinuate that he was. If nothing else I think that it is obvious that Leonard tries very hard to please Sarah, he may be socially inept, but he does try. I also seem to remember him agreeing to go with Penny to see an astrologer, even though he doesn't believe in them.

The problem with the thought of Leonard singing some Black Eyed Peas seems to be a problem with some of the fans, not anything indicated on the show. As for him being a jerk because he thinks that astrology is hokum, then most of the scientific world is composed of jerks. If I remember correctly Penny broke up with Leonard because he was going too fast and later she came to regret her decision. As for him liking a particular type of music or group, there are many people who appreciate multiple types of music, that is not strange either. I say again, there is nothing strange in Leonard liking the Black Eyed Peas after Penny referred the group to him.Tthere is nothing out of character in him listening to her advice, and there is nothing strange or out of character in a Physicist believing that people who think that the position of astral bodies somehow controls their lives are deluded. This also doesn't make him some type of jerk, uncaring, or insensitive. Like I said previously, I have not heard anyone else insinuate that he was. If nothing else I think that it is obvious that Leonard tries very hard to please Sarah, he may be socially inept, but he does try. I also seem to remember him agreeing to go with Penny to see an astrologer, even though he doesn't believe in them.

It's not they have a problem with him listening to it it's they're not buying it and out of character maybe, there's one thing to not believe in that but to make her feel stupid and laugh at her is another, Sheldon told her she was wrong but didn't try to change her or make her feel bad or stupid for believing that were that's the opposite of what Leonard did, But doesn't that say something that penny didn't love him even a little and Leonard would've done something to screw it up and all Leonard had to do was let it go and give penny time but he acted like a child who had his toy taken away coming back from his mommy isuues and if you watch the previous episodes before they broke up you could tell penny was getting annoyed at Leonard. Do you watch the show if so who the heck are chuck and now Sarah.

Posting on two different nets at the same time....sorry about that. I am tired of arguing about a ludicrous non-problem. Big deal, Leonard sang a Black Eyed Peas song after Penny referred the band to him and obviously he would never do that because he laughed at her for believing in astrology. Yeah, that makes allot of sense.

In the 21 second excitation, Penny says that she will take more interest in science fiction (or something to that effect) right after Leonard reads Eat, Pray, Love. Later in that episode Leonard can be seen reading that very book while waiting in line for the Indiana Jones movie.

He's trying, in my opinion a little too hard.

http://www.despair.com/persistence.html