The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.16 The Vacation Solution (Feb. 9)

How do you rate this episode?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Posting on two different nets at the same time....sorry about that. I am tired of arguing about a ludicrous non-problem. Big deal, Leonard sang a Black Eyed Peas song after Penny referred the band to him and obviously he would never do that because he laughed at her for believing in astrology. Yeah, that makes allot of sense.

You're not listening you said he wasn't being a jerk and I pointed out the way he acted towards her with astrology and I'm saying is he doesn't value her beliefs or interests

In the 21 second excitation, Penny says that she will take more interest in science fiction (or something to that effect) right after Leonard reads Eat, Pray, Love. Later in that episode Leonard can be seen reading that very book while waiting in line for the Indiana Jones movie.

He's trying, in my opinion a little too hard.

http://www.despair.com/persistence.html

I believe it was something like they'd still be together if he read the book, but it's not genuine she shouldn't have to force him to do that he should choose to and after they've broken up and he takes a lot but gives very little it seems like she makes an effort either physics or sci-fi, comics but with him it's every once in a while he'll do it but when he has to and half ass attempt it's like he doesn't understand you have to make a full attempt if you want a relationship and even more if it's with someone like penny, there's more to sex in a relationship Leonard

You seem to be missing the whole reason for Penny breaking up with Leonard. It was because he told her that he loved her. What a jerk! Your whole problem with Leonard seems to center around him thinking that astrology is bunk. I guess that rules out most rational thinking people in the world for Penny. As for Penny learning about Scifi, I guess she had to learn something hanging out at the apartment all of the time for the free food, or while stealing Wifi bandwidth from Sheldon and Leonard, or maybe while coming over in the mornings when she is out of coffee. I seem to remember Leonard saying something about having to sit through 5 seasons of some T.V. series that Penny liked and Raj told him that there were 6 seasons. Unfortunately some people seem to think that whatever he does, he is doing for the wrong reason so it doesn't count. He read the book and if even for the wrong reason he should be given big time points for that.

You seem to be missing the whole reason for Penny breaking up with Leonard. It was because he told her that he loved her. What a jerk! Your whole problem with Leonard seems to center around him thinking that astrology is bunk. I guess that rules out most rational thinking people in the world for Penny. As for Penny learning about Scifi, I guess she had to learn something hanging out at the apartment all of the time for the free food, or while stealing Wifi bandwidth from Sheldon and Leonard, or maybe while coming over in the mornings when she is out of coffee. I seem to remember Leonard saying something about having to sit through 5 seasons of some T.V. series that Penny liked and Raj told him that there were 6 seasons. Unfortunately some people seem to think that whatever he does, he is doing for the wrong reason so it doesn't count. He read the book and if even for the wrong reason he should be given big time points for that.

No you're missing the point what was she suppose to do string him along until she may or may not loved him watch the last few episodes before they broke up and she how she was getting annoyed at him and if it wasn't telling her I love you it would have been something else because that's what Leonard does screws things up, so it's okay to laugh at people for their beliefs and not even really sorry and hid version of a compromise is giving her a book at how phyics are hokum yeah what a great guy and no he shouldn't be given credit for reading the book when she said they'd be still together but doesn't do it until months after they broke up and if he had let it go about penny not saying I love you and not actedike a child and his mommy issues flamming up and just let her figure it out on her own but no he pushed to far and then just let her walk away like the coward he is.

Believe it or not, very few people were upset with Leonard thinking that astrology is quackery. As a matter of fact, very few people think that Leonard is a jerk. Although I don't necessarily agree, many people think that Penny is a parasitical moocher. As I mentioned before, she is over at Leonard and Shelton's apartment nearly every night getting free food that Leonard pays for, even when the two of them are no longer together, she steals bandwidth from them, and she comes over in the mornings to bum coffee from them. As for her thinking that Leonard is a jerk, is that is so, why did she have such a hard time with him dating Raj's sister and why is she dating him now? Maybe it's to make sure that he doesn't date someone else. She is metaphysically throwing herself on a grenade to save all of the the other poor women that Leonard might defile.

Believe it or not, very few people were upset with Leonard thinking that astrology is quackery. As a matter of fact, very few people think that Leonard is a jerk. Although I don't necessarily agree, many people think that Penny is a parasitical moocher. As I mentioned before, she is over at Leonard and Shelton's apartment nearly every night getting free food that Leonard pays for, even when the two of them are no longer together, she steals bandwidth from them, and she comes over in the mornings to bum coffee from them. As for her thinking that Leonard is a jerk, is that is so, why did she have such a hard time with him dating Raj's sister and why is she dating him now? Maybe it's to make sure that he doesn't date someone else. She is metaphysically throwing herself on a grenade to save all of the the other poor women that Leonard might defile.

For one you can and may not speak for everyone by saying very few people have a problem with Leonard, I never said she thought he is a jerk, I said he acted like one at times when they dated there's a difference, as for him well she was suppose to be the one that moved on not him but of course any woman would do even one of howard's blowup dolls, as for her being with him now well the only reason she's with him now is because he's a nice guy and shouldn't had let him go even if that's not a very good reason but it's the truth, is you're a hot blonde that lived across the hall from you why wouldn't you eat their food and drink their coffee and she's suppose to be the dumb one, lets not forget he wanted to break up with her after for believing in phyics so he has his dream girl but wanted to break up with her because she didn't have the same beilefs as him and realized she's not perfect and you can't enter data into a computer and have it come out a certain way, there's a difference between not agreeing with what some of her beliefs are and what Leonard did and he crossed a line

Wow, this thread's become very... intense. I for one think that boyfriends, lovers, friends, family, colleagues, etc, introduce new things to others all the time. Some people find they like it, others don't. It's the way of the world.

As an example, I prefer Rock, Emo, Punk and (some types of) Pop music. I used to hate all forms of Country music (probably because they never played it on the radio where I'm from and I was rather ignorant). However, a friend introduced me to Lady Antebellum and now I like them and I'm actually considering listening to more country music (all styles - I recently listened to Willie Nelson). So what? I don't see why Leonard developing a taste for it is such a controversial issue here.

As for Leonard being a jerk, I don't understand why people think that's the case. He's being honest and yeah, maybe a lot of his motives to do things for Penny were sex but come on, what guy you know doesn't consider that a motivator if they're in a relationship? It doesn't mean they're jerks. It's just a fact that people in relationships have sex and it's used as a tool to get what they want sometimes. Just putting this out there but would you consider Penny a jerk if she one day admits that she had sex with Leonard just so he could do things for her? (To make him more romantic, fixes her tv, gets free cable...etc). Because she does that sometimes.

They both use each other.

Back to Sheldon and Amy though, I wonder how many times they're going to make Sheldon treat Amy like her job doesn't matter before she snaps. Yeah they made up in this episode but it was a weak makeup. If the writers insist on making the entire season about their relationship, I hope they at least throw in more jokes or more drama. Something to make it more interesting.

I like the Sheldon and Amy scenes, I just hope that they stop having Amy hitting on Penny. As far as Amy getting back at Sheldon for his dismissal of her research field, I think that she got a little of that back in this episode. If he's not careful though and keeps up with his present attitude he may find himself strapped to a chair with electrodes on his head while Amy attempts to make him cry by electrically stimulating different parts of his brain.

I like the Sheldon and Amy scenes, I just hope that they stop having Amy hitting on Penny. As far as Amy getting back at Sheldon for his dismissal of her research field, I think that she got a little of that back in this episode. If he's not careful though and keeps up with his present attitude he may find himself strapped to a chair with electrodes on his head while Amy attempts to make him cry by electrically stimulating different parts of his brain.

Lol! Now I want to see that. At least the strapped to a chair with electrodes part. Not necessarily to make him cry, though. There are other neurobiological experiments possible. :)

Ok so here's what I think about the music i think leonard likes the music and didn't really learn about it before penny because from what I understand Sheldon doesn't exactly like music since they haven't exactly listened to and and he Sheldon doesn't like whistling or musical instruments I think that's part of the roommate agreement. The only part I don't find believable is that Sheldon wasn't wearing a hazmat suit while at Amy's lab

Ok so here's what I think about the music i think leonard likes the music and didn't really learn about it before penny because from what I understand Sheldon doesn't exactly like music since they haven't exactly listened to and and he Sheldon doesn't like whistling or musical instruments I think that's part of the roommate agreement. The only part I don't find believable is that Sheldon wasn't wearing a hazmat suit while at Amy's lab

Finally sense. Yes, he never heard of the band before Penny. So what, now he likes them. Easy Peasy. Sheldon doesn't like music or other forms of what he considers to be noise. He has made that quite clear. Sheldon should have been wearing a hazmat suit in Amy's lab. That would have been in character and frankly quite funny.

Wow, this thread's become very... intense. I for one think that boyfriends, lovers, friends, family, colleagues, etc, introduce new things to others all the time. Some people find they like it, others don't. It's the way of the world.

As an example, I prefer Rock, Emo, Punk and (some types of) Pop music. I used to hate all forms of Country music (probably because they never played it on the radio where I'm from and I was rather ignorant). However, a friend introduced me to Lady Antebellum and now I like them and I'm actually considering listening to more country music (all styles - I recently listened to Willie Nelson). So what? I don't see why Leonard developing a taste for it is such a controversial issue here.

As for Leonard being a jerk, I don't understand why people think that's the case. He's being honest and yeah, maybe a lot of his motives to do things for Penny were sex but come on, what guy you know doesn't consider that a motivator if they're in a relationship? It doesn't mean they're jerks. It's just a fact that people in relationships have sex and it's used as a tool to get what they want sometimes. Just putting this out there but would you consider Penny a jerk if she one day admits that she had sex with Leonard just so he could do things for her? (To make him more romantic, fixes her tv, gets free cable...etc). Because she does that sometimes.

Back to Sheldon and Amy though, I wonder how many times they're going to make Sheldon treat Amy like her job doesn't matter before she snaps. Yeah they made up in this episode but it was a weak makeup. If the writers insist on making the entire season about their relationship, I hope they at least throw in more jokes or more drama. Something to make it more interesting.

Yeah think about it. Penny was getting all free stuff from Leonard even after she stopped having sex with him. He couldn't give up the notion that it might still happen again. Can't say as I blame him.

Except Leonard gave up on her when they were together.

Except Leonard is suppose to be "the good guy" the nice guy after all the jerks penny has dated except he's not any different than them, he didn't really get to know her when they were together all he cared about is he got to screw the hot blonde actress from across the hall and then after they broke up admits that he only did certain things for her when they were together is he thought it would lead to sex, doesn't sound like a good guy and more like the jerks that penny use to date.

Nah, Leonard is a good guy. All guys chase sex like that. I think he does care for Penny. He always responds to her in a very positive way even though she dumped him. I don't think they would dare destroy Leonard/Penny. The audience would crucify them.

Nah, Leonard is a good guy. All guys chase sex like that. I think he does care for Penny. He always responds to her in a very positive way even though she dumped him. I don't think they would dare destroy Leonard/Penny. The audience would crucify them.

I think for the most part he cares for her but the beginning it was all about sex for him regarding penny, of course Leonard responds to penny in a positive way look at him and look at her of course he does, oh please if they broke up for good they'd get over it.

Local perspective: The scene immediately after the intro where Sheldon rolls out his scheme to Leonard about returning to work in disguise is a rare shot filmed on location in Pasadena. It was filmed on South Raymond Ave looking north, just north of Glenarm. The projected shots used during the driving scene are consistent with the exterior shot while Leonard executes a u-turn (illegally, btw). Here's a sceen capture and then a shot I took of the same view.

post-3954-13480809753_thumb.jpg

post-3954-134808097576_thumb.jpg

I think for the most part he cares for her but the beginning it was all about sex for him regarding penny, of course Leonard responds to penny in a positive way look at him and look at her of course he does, oh please if they broke up for good they'd get over it.

I watched the episode last night where leonard and penny fight over her seeing a psychic. At the end, he was willing to go see the psychic and have an open mind, even though it is against what he believes. I think if anything, leornard shows that he is a good guy all the time because he makes everything about her. He even told he that he loved her and even though, she didn't say it back, he still loved her. I don't think it is all about the sex for him. He puts up with a lot.

I watched the episode last night where leonard and penny fight over her seeing a psychic. At the end, he was willing to go see the psychic and have an open mind, even though it is against what he believes. I think if anything, leornard shows that he is a good guy all the time because he makes everything about her. He even told he that he loved her and even though, she didn't say it back, he still loved her. I don't think it is all about the sex for him. He puts up with a lot.

Did you also see the part were he tried to give penny a book that says psychics are hokum not exactly an open mind even if he laughed at her for it, and him telling her he loved her if he hadn't kept pushing it would be fine, I don't see how you can say he is a good guy all the time by the way he treats his friends and penny at times, it was all about sex with Leonard regarding penny but I think that's not the case anymore for him that sex doesn't make a relationship they have to have interests and do other things, if anyone has to put up with a lot it's penny. Yeah Leonard really has to put up with a lot to be with the hot girl(sarcasm).

Did you also see the part were he tried to give penny a book that says psychics are hokum not exactly an open mind even if he laughed at her for it, and him telling her he loved her if he hadn't kept pushing it would be fine, I don't see how you can say he is a good guy all the time by the way he treats his friends and penny at times, it was all about sex with Leonard regarding penny but I think that's not the case anymore for him that sex doesn't make a relationship they have to have interests and do other things, if anyone has to put up with a lot it's penny. Yeah Leonard really has to put up with a lot to be with the hot girl(sarcasm).

Well, I meant when I said he puts up with a lot, mainly about his telling her he loved her, and she not saying it back. I mean, ouch. Really? Why would he say he loves her when it is all about sex.

I feel you have to read between the lines some, because this is a comedy, and of course there is a lot about sex in the lines because they are trying to be funny.

And, did you forget about Penny almost sleeping with Raj? In Leonard's mind, they really slept together.

We could debate this all day, but it comes down to it's a sitcom and they are not real people, lol, so we are probably just reading too much into everything.

Well, I meant when I said he puts up with a lot, mainly about his telling her he loved her, and she not saying it back. I mean, ouch. Really? Why would he say he loves her when it is all about sex.

I feel you have to read between the lines some, because this is a comedy, and of course there is a lot about sex in the lines because they are trying to be funny.

And, did you forget about Penny almost sleeping with Raj? In Leonard's mind, they really slept together.

We could debate this all day, but it comes down to it's a sitcom and they are not real people, lol, so we are probably just reading too much into everything.

I don't think Leonard knows what love is, their first time around it is all about sex they barely did anything outside the bedroom, if Leonard had realized that he's getting super serious and penny is ready for all that it would be fine but that's not what he did, and Penny's the one that more times has had to put up with a lot regarding Leonard and the driver of the relationship.

Amy was gentle in this. She was funny before, very robotic, but it was nice to see her affected by him.

@Moon_Pie - Your signatures make it difficult for me to concentrate on reading posts!