The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.16 The Vacation Solution (Feb. 9)

How do you rate this episode?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

A very weird episode... Sheldon felt off to me again: the weird laughing in the opening, his disguise (that's the second time he's done that, come on Shelly you're smarter than this) and especially in Amy's lab. The endless whining fell flat and why would germaphobe Sheldon touch that brain without gloves? I also don't understand why he fainted when he saw the blood: he didn't faint when he was bleeding in The Precious Fragmentation nor when he saw Leonard bleeding in the white asparagus thingy.

And Bernadette/Howard thing, meh, I've never liked the way they portray their relationship. I mean, they're getting married right now but we always see the same storylines: there's a problem, they each discuss it with their friends and they kinda make it up afterwards but the problem never gets solved. That's some cheap-ass drama if you ask me.

Anyway, the positive things about this episode: Leonard singing in the car, there actually was some science (yay!) and I like how the Lenny 2.0 is going (and I'm not a Lenny-fan).

cheap ass-right on!!. they are going to

take as far they go with it.

bernadette father shows up to make howard sign

the pre-nup.

how can Bernadette make more money than Howard? She works in a restaurant and he works for NASA(or smth). Unlikely?

Bernie now works for a ''big Pharma" firm as a drug researcher. She could be making 80 to 120K a year, though I doubt that in her first year.

But for the sake of the premise, TBBT has wildly underestimated the real life earnings of both Howard and Leonard. A master engineer from MIT who makes "Do dads" for NASA would have patent royalties and bonuses from the government contractors who would really be selling those instruments to the Feds. Same thing for Leonard and his satellite killing lasers for the defense department contractors. Leonard did mention to Penny in his dream date that "the money is good" from his grant.

Howard and Leonard would be making serious six figure incomes at their level of involvement in such big projects. But that would spoil running gags about the two characters on the show. Leonard would not be sharing an apartment next to a waitress/actress and Howard should not be living with his mom and riding a Vespa.

Yeah, I wondered briefly why it was that Leonard and Sheldon wouldn't be able to afford to live alone in the first place; seems like they'd each be making a decent living. The answer of course being that it's the premise of the show. ;) I did find it interesting that when Sheldon loaned Penny money (how awesome that he just keeps fistfuls of cash lying around), he mentioned that his expenses are only 46% of his income. And that's a big, nice apartment. He must be pulling down pretty decent money to be able to live on only half of it. (Would that we could all be in that position!) Then again he doesn't have a car, which takes up a chunk... okay, I've already given this more thought than it requires. :D

What happened to Sheldon's bathroom schedule? :scratchhead:

Amy: Hey, I’ve been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years. You’ve been here for three hours, and you’ve spent one of them in the bathroom.

Sheldon: I’m sorry. It takes me a while to get things going on an unfamiliar toilet.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

What happened to Sheldon's bathroom schedule? :scratchhead:

Amy: Hey, I’ve been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years. You’ve been here for three hours, and you’ve spent one of them in the bathroom.

Sheldon: I’m sorry. It takes me a while to get things going on an unfamiliar toilet.

He once also said "My bowel movements run like a German train schedule." which is explanation enough for anyone who knows how the Deutsche Bahn actually works. :icon_wink: