Red Dwarf DVD set on last nights BBT!!

Did eveyone see last nights new episode when Sheldon had the Red Dwarf tv series box set in hand to lure Leonard to get back to the being friends/roomates? Cool/Funny show red dwarf along with the big bang theory of course.

@Bill: the very early series were hilarious. I didn't realise the show was still going tbh.

Think "The Young Ones" meets "Dr Who"

Great late 80s British comedy.

Big fan of Dr. Who so I will have to check the series out.

Interesting replies, The young ones meet Dr Who was very funny relating to Red Dwarf, Red Dwarf is a great sci-fi comedy. Not for everyone but great just the same, very popular now. Like Dr who Red dwarf came to the USA via PBS stations. later BBC America aired it a ton and it was great!!!!

Red Dwarf has just filmed a tenth season that will be aired in the UK in October, I seasons 1 - 8 and with them filming RDX that must make Red Dwarf: Back to Earth season 9. I can't wait to see our awesome RD featured in this wonderful show.. We are about 4 episodes behind in the UK but are on a break from broadcasting.

I love Red Dwarf. The premise that human beings are the highest form of life in the universe and there's nothing else out there except a bunch of rocks, a few rogue simulants and genetic mutations created by man, is so dark. Also that Lister is the last human being alive and lost 3 million years into deep space. Most sci-fi shows have aliens interacting with humans. Red Dwarf went totally the other way and said there was nothing but us. Amazingly grim for a comedy! I'm really happy it got a mention.

very cool statement, reminds me about Lister being the only human. Rimmer is his old boss (roomate) that was killed while Lister was in statis, he now is a hologram. listers cat evolved for so long it walks on all fours and has good taste in clothes. the cat has some of the funniest lines. kryten is a robot duh. interesting that they filmed/ shot more rd - i heard the movie project had run into snags. I love the first 8 seasons, i need to rewatch them. it was just cool to see RD on BBT - very cool when you choose red dwarf as your BBT forum user name and you see a reference to RD in the show.