Season 5 Spoilers!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm anxious to see what they do with the Leonard Nimoy appearance. Would have been great if they could have convinced him to do an on-screen cameo. But, anything with him will be good.

Did you get Shamy subtext?

Ok, now I'm REALLY interested. This episode doesn't even have Amy, but on the other hand, sometimes there are indirect hints of development.. are you referring to

Spock telling Sheldon about his human side

? Maybe I need to go back and read it again.

Did you get Shamy subtext?

Ok, now I'm REALLY interested. This episode doesn't even have Amy, but on the other hand, sometimes there are indirect hints of development.. are you referring to

Spock telling Sheldon about his human side

? Maybe I need to go back and read it again.

this is part I am referring to;

"Spock asks Sheldon what toys are for. Sheldon says to be played with. Spock asks, so what is it if you don’t play with toys? Sheldon says illogical – darn it, Spock got him. He says fine, he’ll open it" Is this a subtext for Amy and his relationship with her?

That's a very interesting reading of that part! I agree that it may quite well be a hint. In the same way as Sheldon's sudden change of heart about the bird was a precursor to his confirming his relationship status with Amy in the very next episode.

• 2 weeks later...