The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.17 The Rothman Disintergration (Feb. 16)

How do you rate the episode?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

Oh god, I'm SO tired of that girl crush thing. I can't wait for the day Penny puts her foot down with Gorilla-fingers Fowler.

The guy's storyline was fun, had some good laughs. Too bad it ended with Sheldon going bat-crap crazy again, but oh well. I'll just pretend I never saw the Amy/Penny scenes and rate it an okay episode.

I don't think it's a girl crush it looks more advanced than that, but I can't wait for the episode when penny tells her to stop making lewd comments and hitting on her or you can't be my friend anymore that might be my favorite episode, at times it seems penny doesn't like Amy or want yo be her friend can't blame her, I wish I could forget the penny/Amy scenes it'll be in my brain for a while.

Yeah it's all Leonard's fault for not continuing to chase Penny after she told him they were through. Of course in most states you can get an injunction against a guy who does things like that. At least Leonard moved on and tried to connect to someone who is much better suited to him like Raj's sister. Penny reacted by getting sloppy drunk every other episode, stealing things from the Good-Will box, and trying to have coitus with Raj. The only reason she failed was not from lack of trying on her part, but because Raj got there way ahead of her. Frankly at that time it would have been much more believable for "virtuous" Penny to go out dragging every bar in town to find a daily loser to bed her. Oh wait, she did do that at least once didn't she?

Frankly Leonard didn't make a mistake in not continuing to chase after (stalk) her. His mistake was that he didn't tell her that they needed to cut all ties and that she was no longer welcome in his apartment. Stop paying for her carryout meals, stop allowing her to steal bandwidth in their WiFi, drop over in the morning to mooch coffee, and stop bringing her laptop for Leonard to fix when she slops food on the keyboard and breaks it.

I don't hate the Penny character but I don't see her as some kind of perfect human being who is totally blameless in the breakup between her and Leonard. Also, if she thought that it was all Leonard's for their breakup, why was she upset with Leonard seeing Raj's sister? Why would she care? She should be happy that someone else is involved with that loser and he won't be bothering her anymore. Why did she say that SHE made a mistake in breaking up with Leonard? Could it be that SHE felt responsible for the breakup? Finally, if she thought that Leonard was to blame for their breakup, why would she even consider going out with him again? Maybe she doesn't think that Leonard is such a bad guy after all.

Sometimes it really seems that people posting here forget this is all fiction. Fantasy. Not real. These are characters that do not exist in real life.

That being said, I didn't have a problem with the episode. The idea that Sheldon would presume to claim the office fits in perfectly with his personality. That Kripke would do the same is also predictable. All of the episode relating to their conflict was well done and funny. I did find Kripke's athletic ineptitude to be a little unbelievable for a character that invited Sheldon to go swimming and rock wall climbing. Not being good at basketball I can believe. His clumsiness? Not so much.

The painting was hilarious. The expressions and the size of the picture made it funny. Penny's reactions were perfect for someone receiving an awful gift and not wanting to hurt the giver's feelings. The lines they gave Bernadette were also funny.

Amy's ineptitude in handling her friendship with Penny is perfectly understandable. There is nothing in the character's past to indicate that she has ever had a friend at all. Much less a close one. This is akin to Leonard Googling sexual techniques. Somewhere she has gotten strange ideas of how female friends are supposed to act.

Original Amy was a female Sheldon. She had no interest in any sort of sexual relationship. She has morphed (been written) into a character that wants a different life than Sheldon. This is not hard to believe. When exposed to new opportunities she has decided to be open to them. Sheldon is content in who he is and would (and has) reject many opportunities to do new and different things.

I too would love to see the end of the lesbian come-ons from Amy. But they are not inconceivable form a character point of view. She is not straight, bi, or lesbian. She is clueless. If given the opportunity, she would probably sleep with Sheldon or Penny. Not because of orientation, but due to a desire to experience physical intimacy with someone. Something she has never known.

I find much more disturbing to see what the writers are doing to Penny. Seldom do we see the Penny that moved to LA to become an actor. She is frequently portrayed as rudderless and without ambition. And it was refreshing to get through an episode without seeing her getting drunk. The Penny that Leonard loves is a memory. The Penny that is seen now is someone that would be difficult to love.

But, all in all, not a bad episode. Not the best ever, nor the worst. Looking forward to next week.

Correct... Amy is clueless.

As for sleeping with Sheldon... the mind boggles!

Anyone would be touching more than his food. :)

and she didn't want to hurt Amy's feelings. Amy is tres sensitive. Sometimes it's better to tell a white lie.

Amy is as self-centered and clueless as Shelly.

Yeah it's all Leonard's fault for not continuing to chase Penny after she told him they were through. Of course in most states you can get an injunction against a guy who does things like that. At least Leonard moved on and tried to connect to someone who is much better suited to him like Raj's sister. Penny reacted by getting sloppy drunk every other episode, stealing things from the Good-Will box, and trying to have coitus with Raj. The only reason she failed was not from lack of trying on her part, but because Raj got there way ahead of her. Frankly at that time it would have been much more believable for "virtuous" Penny to go out dragging every bar in town to find a daily loser to bed her. Oh wait, she did do that at least once didn't she?

Yeah because it's penny's fault for not knowing for sure how she felt and you fight for something if it's worth fighting for since Leonard just let her go I guess he figured she wasn't worth fighting for and if couples broke up over a misunderstanding no one would get married, but I guess it was penny fault that Leonard kept pushing and pushing when she wasn't sure how she felt but he kept pushing and until she snapped if they kept going leonard probably would had bought a ring before they had dated a year and she would've probably said no, and I meant that is was strange she didn't start dating again, not random hookups they're two different things, I agree that priya is more compatiable with him even though she changed him and carried his balls in her purse, I don't like that you act like penny is some fluzzy maybe in the past but not anymore and that Leonard is some superior specimen.

Let's see, Penny goes out to bar to troll for a one night stand......sounds like a floozie to me. As for Leonard not "fighting" for her, when a woman says it's over, it's over. People who don't believe that are called "stalkers", and many of them end up killing the object of their affection. To "fight" for them is NOT an okay or romantic thing to do. As for Prya carrying Leonard's balls in her purse, I reply, "and Penny didn't"? She is a parasite. Do you honestly think that she could get away with all of the garbage that she pulls if she were butt ugly?

There are many things that Leonard has done wrong in his relationship with Penny but pursuing her after she said it was over is not one of them. He was wrong when he kept pressuring her after he said he loved her. When it was obvious that she didn't feel the same way he should have ended it with her then. You cannot force someone to love you and you shouldn't try. Give her space and let her decide how she feels. If later she does decide she loves him then she can re-establish a relationship. As for me saying that Leonard is a superior specimen, I suggest you go back and read your own posts in regard to Penny and Leonard. You are the one who keeps attacking Leonard only without any criticism of Penny.

I just watched the episode. I can't stand the Amy crush either; and I can't stand how she acts as if she is better than Bernadette, and that Bernadette isn't Penny's friend and they just "let her" come around. I really wish they'd both stand up to her and she'd acknowledge that Penny and Bernadette are more likely "besties". Penny doesn't seem to have a backbone where Amy is concerned, and just tolerates her to not rock the boat.

I liked the other parts with the guys a lot - Kripke scenes are always funny and watching them play basketball was hiliarious.

I agree about Amy and Penny. Instead of it being Amy, what would people think if it was a male who had a painting made of him and Penny and he told her that originally they were both naked and even now the clothes could be washed off with soap and water? It is creepy.

Let's see, Penny goes out to bar to troll for a one night stand......sounds like a floozie to me. As for Leonard not "fighting" for her, when a woman says it's over, it's over. People who don't believe that are called "stalkers", and many of them end up killing the object of their affection. To "fight" for them is NOT an okay or romantic thing to do. As for Prya carrying Leonard's balls in her purse, I reply, "and Penny didn't"? She is a parasite. Do you honestly think that she could get away with all of the garbage that she pulls if she were butt ugly?

There are many things that Leonard has done wrong in his relationship with Penny but pursuing her after she said it was over is not one of them. He was wrong when he kept pressuring her after he said he loved her. When it was obvious that she didn't feel the same way he should have ended it with her then. You cannot force someone to love you and you shouldn't try. Give her space and let her decide how she feels. If later she does decide she loves him then she can re-establish a relationship. As for me saying that Leonard is a superior specimen, I suggest you go back and read your own posts in regard to Penny and Leonard. You are the one who keeps attacking Leonard only without any criticism of Penny.

I've never said penny is perfect but you attack penny just because she didn't love Leonard yet you praise him, it makes me wonder if you were Leonard in high school and there was a penny there that never even looked at you much less gave you the time of the day, if you feel the relationship is worth fighting for you do it and didn't say to stalk her there's a difference and if you have a talk and realize you need to take a cooling off period then do it but Leonard just gave up, penny doesn't do that I didn't say for her to get a random hook up, I said for her to start dating again there's a difference look it up, you're telling me she hasn't dated in over a year is hard to believe, as for her being a parasite please, no penny didn't carry leonard's balls around in her purse she didn't tell him what to wear or who he could hang out with that was priya who's sole purpose was to make penny jealous and she did, Leonard was the same person for the most part all that was different is he was dating penny. Of course if penny wasn't a beautiful as she is she wouldn't get a way with it and Leonard wouldn't have said hello either, actually I'm not sure what's with the quotetation marks but yes it is romantic to fight for her and some women want that it means you care but Leonard just let her leave.

I agree about Amy and Penny. Instead of it being Amy, what would people think if it was a male who had a painting made of him and Penny and he told her that originally they were both naked and even now the clothes could be washed off with soap and water? It is creepy.

Well if they were both male I don't believe it ever would've gotten to that point male penny would say something about numerous comments about their body.

Leonard didn't let Penny leave. She walked out on him. Worse, she did it in a public place with their friends watching. A realistic reaction from Leonard would not be to continue to pursue her. It would more likely be to wish he never had to see her again.

Amy and the painting was creepy. But she doesn't know that. If Howard gave a painting like that to Penny, and made the comment about water and sponges, it would be different. Amy is naive about these things and it is not unreasonable for her to act as she does. (Still creepy, but she has no malice in her actions.)

I just watched the episode. I can't stand the Amy crush either; and I can't stand how she acts as if she is better than Bernadette, and that Bernadette isn't Penny's friend and they just "let her" come around. I really wish they'd both stand up to her and she'd acknowledge that Penny and Bernadette are more likely "besties". Penny doesn't seem to have a backbone where Amy is concerned, and just tolerates her to not rock the boat.

I liked the other parts with the guys a lot - Kripke scenes are always funny and watching them play basketball was hiliarious.

I don't think it's penny doesn't have a backbone it's more like she doesn't want to hurt look at the way Amy acted when the girls went dress shopping and had to give the maid of honor title to get her to forgive them, but she needs to have a girl talk with Amy about what's acceptable behavior, I believe she looks at Bernadette as a fellow nerd and since homecoming queen/cheerleader penny wants to be her friend she looks down on Bernadette, but I agree penny and Bernadette are more like besties than penny and Amy. Who appoints themself as someone's best friend.

Leonard didn't let Penny leave. She walked out on him. Worse, she did it in a public place with their friends watching. A realistic reaction from Leonard would not be to continue to pursue her. It would more likely be to wish he never had to see her again.

Amy and the painting was creepy. But she doesn't know that. If Howard gave a painting like that to Penny, and made the comment about water and sponges, it would be different. Amy is naive about these things and it is not unreasonable for her to act as she does. (Still creepy, but she has no malice in her actions.)

Well Leonard kept pushing and pushing untill he pushed too far and you can't blame penny especially when she was confused.

"Amy and the painting was creepy. But she doesn't know that. If Howard gave a painting like that to Penny, and made the comment about water and sponges, it would be different. Amy is naive about these things and it is not unreasonable for her to act as she does. (Still creepy, but she has no malice in her actions.) "

Point taken. Amy probably doesn't realize that she is being creepy. Also come to think of it Penny may be the first friend that she has ever had and she is over reacting.

"I've never said penny is perfect but you attack penny just because she didn't love Leonard yet you praise him, it makes me wonder if you were Leonard in high school and there was a penny there that never even looked at you much less gave you the time of the day, if you feel the relationship is worth fighting for you do it and didn't say to stalk her there's a difference and if you have a talk and realize you need to take a cooling off period then do it but Leonard just gave up, penny doesn't do that I didn't say for her to get a random hook up, I said for her to start dating again there's a difference look it up, you're telling me she hasn't dated in over a year is hard to believe, as for her being a parasite please, no penny didn't carry leonard's balls around in her purse she didn't tell him what to wear or who he could hang out with that was priya who's sole purpose was to make penny jealous and she did, Leonard was the same person for the most part all that was different is he was dating penny. Of course if penny wasn't a beautiful as she is she wouldn't get a way with it and Leonard wouldn't have said hello either, actually I'm not sure what's with the quotetation marks but yes it is romantic to fight for her and some women want that it means you care but Leonard just let her leave."

Oh, I see, attack me. Sorry, I married the girl I fell for in high school. Still am married to her. Frankly I think that you are still in high school or just out of it and have very little experience in life. As usual as far as you are concerned it's all on Leonard. Fine. Then why didn't Penny stay away? Why did she say that SHE made a mistake? As for him "fighting for her", when a women says it's over, it's over. So what if some women think it's "romantic"? Some women think it's okay for their boyfriends to hit them. It's not. The opposite of Leonard "letting" her leave is him tying her up and keeping her in his closet. There is no "letting" anyone leave. Nobody owns them. If a person says it's over then you leave them alone unless they indicate that they change their minds. Frankly I didn't see one thing that would indicate that Penny would welcome Leonard trying to keep her from leaving. Leonard did the right thing. A decent man will leave a woman alone if she says it's over, unless of course he thinks she is just too stupid to know what she really wants. It is dangerous for anyone to say that when a woman says it's over what she really wants is for the man to try to keep her from leaving. There are enough idiot men in the world who already think along those lines and they usually end up physically hurting the woman they are interested in.

Ok, post about the show after quickly skimming through 5 pages of relationship analysis.

Once I saw the big pressie coming through the door I knew.. here we go again. More totaly unfunny lesbian jokes. It has got to the point that I have a negative attitude to the whole episode when this crap rears it's head again. Maybe I would have thought the rest of the ep was funny if I hadnt been dragged down at the beginning, I dont know. The phrase "flogging a dead horse " springs to mind. In any case ..1 or 2 laughs ,apart from that ..crap episode.

BTW someone getting their head stuck in a hole may have been funny to my mother in some 70's sitcom, not for me. Yet another "Very bad" from me, unfortunately.

What the hell,the American audiencs seems to like it...who am I to judge?

Any other sitcom recommendations people?

"Amy and the painting was creepy. But she doesn't know that. If Howard gave a painting like that to Penny, and made the comment about water and sponges, it would be different. Amy is naive about these things and it is not unreasonable for her to act as she does. (Still creepy, but she has no malice in her actions.) "

Point taken. Amy probably doesn't realize that she is being creepy. Also come to think of it Penny may be the first friend that she has ever had and she is over reacting.

"I've never said penny is perfect but you attack penny just because she didn't love Leonard yet you praise him, it makes me wonder if you were Leonard in high school and there was a penny there that never even looked at you much less gave you the time of the day, if you feel the relationship is worth fighting for you do it and didn't say to stalk her there's a difference and if you have a talk and realize you need to take a cooling off period then do it but Leonard just gave up, penny doesn't do that I didn't say for her to get a random hook up, I said for her to start dating again there's a difference look it up, you're telling me she hasn't dated in over a year is hard to believe, as for her being a parasite please, no penny didn't carry leonard's balls around in her purse she didn't tell him what to wear or who he could hang out with that was priya who's sole purpose was to make penny jealous and she did, Leonard was the same person for the most part all that was different is he was dating penny. Of course if penny wasn't a beautiful as she is she wouldn't get a way with it and Leonard wouldn't have said hello either, actually I'm not sure what's with the quotetation marks but yes it is romantic to fight for her and some women want that it means you care but Leonard just let her leave."

Oh, I see, attack me. Sorry, I married the girl I fell for in high school. Still am married to her. Frankly I think that you are still in high school or just out of it and have very little experience in life. As usual as far as you are concerned it's all on Leonard. Fine. Then why didn't Penny stay away? Why did she say that SHE made a mistake? As for him "fighting for her", when a women says it's over, it's over. So what if some women think it's "romantic"? Some women think it's okay for their boyfriends to hit them. It's not. The opposite of Leonard "letting" her leave is him tying her up and keeping her in his closet. There is no "letting" anyone leave. Nobody owns them. If a person says it's over then you leave them alone unless they indicate that they change their minds. Frankly I didn't see one thing that would indicate that Penny would welcome Leonard trying to keep her from leaving. Leonard did the right thing. A decent man will leave a woman alone if she says it's over, unless of course he thinks she is just too stupid to know what she really wants. It is dangerous for anyone to say that when a woman says it's over what she really wants is for the man to try to keep her from leaving. There are enough idiot men in the world who already think along those lines and they usually end up physically hurting the woman they are interested in.

For the Howard/penny that would've been creppier on another level a guy doesn't give a woman a painting of themselves together unless they're together and especially wouldn't make a comment like that, the better comparison would've been if Howard gave raj a painting like that would had been the end of their friendship.

I have a hard believing that Amy wouldn't know you don't make lewd comments toward your friends, it's true this probably Amy first friend if amy's mothers advice in her yearbook is an indication of it something like self respect is better than friends or along those lines, Amy looked up slumber party on wiki you're telling me she hasn't done the same thing for friendship, I get that she doesn't know it's a creppy gift but that's where penny needs to say something regardless of her feelings, and a $3,000 gift to a friend is over the top.

A little defensive now are we, you either don't know the difference in some of my words or just don't know the difference, the reason penny continued to come over was because they were still friends now if Sheldon hadn't wanted to still be friends then she wouldn't continued to hang out with them, the reason she felt she made a mistake is because of priya, there a difference between fighting for someone telling penny not give up on them and if still said I can't then that's all he could do, and for fighting I never once said Leonard should actually fight or be physical with penny if he even acted like he would penny would deck him and them go junior rodeo on him, and a decent man would've know when to let something go after their conversation in the laundry room and explained what she was feeling should've been enough for any guy but not Leonard he need an answer until he pushed to far and didn't get the answer he wanted because of his inscurities of his childhood coming back penny not saying I love you back I'd being replaced by him never being good enough for his mother or getting affection from her at some point he should get over that.

What's your issue with penny? She's the most likeable and liveable character on here.

When a guy has mommy issues run for the hills ladies.

What's your problem with Leonard? He is the most decent person on the show. Penny has issues with stealing, alcohol, financially taking advantage of others, and loose morels. As far as her going over to the apartment because she's still friends with Sheldon, how many meals has Sheldon bought for her there? As for her being the most likable, she wasn't all that likeable last season and the first few episodes this season. As for me not liking her, it is mostly in response to your constant attacks on Leonard for being a coward and "letting" Penny walk away, a ludicrous concept in a civilized society, and for laughing at her for believing in astrology. Oh yeah, let me add that to the list of things against Penny, she believes in astrology.

What's your problem with Leonard? He is the most decent person on the show. Penny has issues with stealing, alcohol, financially taking advantage of others, and loose morels. As far as her going over to the apartment because she's still friends with Sheldon, how many meals has Sheldon bought for her there? As for her being the most likable, she wasn't all that likeable last season and the first few episodes this season. As for me not liking her, it is mostly in response to your constant attacks on Leonard for being a coward and "letting" Penny walk away, a ludicrous concept in a civilized society, and for laughing at her for believing in astrology. Oh yeah, let me add that to the list of things against Penny, she believes in astrology.

What's my problem is people act like he's just this great guy and what not when he's such a lousy friend and whiny and complains how his mommy didn't live him when people have had worst childhoods than that and made something of themselves and he's 30 get over it, he's most decent yeah because decent guys betray their friends work, I'm sure Sheldon has bought her plenty of meals like if someone is going to pay for your meals why not and she's suppose to be the least intelligent one, and she doesn't have loose morals she just doesn't want to be alone, but she hasn't dated on screen for about a year or has she had sex for over a year, well I didn't like what they did the second half of season 4 when she was just kind of there and moping over Leonard because he's a nice guy when there's plenty of nice guy, by saying letting her go I stand by that and I didn't mention anything of you're absurbity or you're just confused by what letting her go is nor did I say to tie her up and put her in his closet, it's not necesarily him laughing at her believing in astrology which she asked him not to and he busted out laughing and by her a book that explains it's all a croak it's his lack of understanding of not just her beliefs but why she believes in it and being a supporitive boyfriend which he wasn't especially since he wanted to break up with her over that until Howard told him his "perfect girl" lives in a Chinese government facility.you're really going to dislike a character because she believes in astrology.

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory beat American Idol in key demographics for the fifth consecutive week and was the night's highest-rated and most-watched scripted program.

"The Rothman Disintegration" was watched by 15.52 million people, down by almost 700,000 viewers from last week's episode. In the adults 18-49 demographic, the demo networks and advertisers focus on, the show scored a 5.0/15 rating, down by 10% on last week's season high of 5.6/16.

The Big Bang Theory finished second in total viewers and households in its time slot. When compared to American Idol in the common half-hour (8:00-8:30), The Big Bang Theory finished first with adults 18-49.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1671/Episode-517-Ratings/

If TBBT is kicking butt in ratings why does CBS claim two and a half men as the number one comedy?

Then Penny should stay the heck away from Leonard. Like I keep saying, she said the SHE made a mistake. Obviously SHE feels that it is her fault that they broke up and not the myriad of complaints that you have. If she goes around telling people she believes in astrology then she is probably used to being laughed at. Leonard is the most decent guy on the show and also the most decent guy that Penny has ever been with that we know of. Good people do not make a habit of constantly mooch off of other people. She could at least do something like volunteer to once in a while clean their apartment....oh wait, they wouldn't want her to considering what a lousy job she does on her own residence.

I do think that the whole "taking it slow thing" between Leonard and Penny would end if Prya showed up and wanted to get back with Leonard. Penny would probably knock him down and drag him across the hall and into her bed. It was really looking like Penny didn't want Leonard but she didn't want anyone else to have him either.

Perhaps you should clarify just what you mean when you say that Leonard should fight for her, complain about him letting her leave, and how he is a coward for doing so. Just what is it that you think he should do? She said it was over. That means IT IS OVER. That means LEAVE HER ALONE.

Then Penny should stay the heck away from Leonard. Like I keep saying, she said the SHE made a mistake. Obviously SHE feels that it is her fault that they broke up and not the myriad of complaints that you have. If she goes around telling people she believes in astrology then she is probably used to being laughed at. Leonard is the most decent guy on the show and also the most decent guy that Penny has ever been with that we know of. Good people do not make a habit of constantly mooch off of other people. She could at least do something like volunteer to once in a while clean their apartment....oh wait, they wouldn't want her to considering what a lousy job she does on her own residence.

I do think that the whole "taking it slow thing" between Leonard and Penny would end if Prya showed up and wanted to get back with Leonard. Penny would probably knock him down and drag him across the hall and into her bed. It was really looking like Penny didn't want Leonard but she didn't want anyone else to have him either.

Perhaps you should clarify just what you mean when you say that Leonard should fight for her, complain about him letting her leave, and how he is a coward for doing so. Just what is it that you think he should do? She said it was over. That means IT IS OVER. That means LEAVE HER ALONE.

You're right she did say it was a mistake would she say that if priya isn't on and he didn't mover on I doubt it, but like I said Leonard just stepped back, yes it does seem that Leonard was her best boyfriend which is troubling when he really didn't do anything for her, and yes I have a problem with him not that he doesn't believe in astrology it's his reaction and then trying to change her views when she accepts him for who he is nerdness and all, I hope you don't go around mocking people's bliefs if you do I pity you, and no Leonard is not the most decent guy on here because the most decent guy doesn't betray their friend I would say that Sheldon is the most decent, You're biggest complaint is she eats their food oh the horror, why go to the store if someone's going to offer free food, why would she offer to clean their apartment when their apartment is spotless due to Sheldon being a clean freak, If priya wanted him back he'd be confused but considering he cut himself out of his life when he was with priya he just might do it again because priya told him to, I'm not going to clarify anymore if you haven't gotten what I said I'm not going to anymore if you can't figure out what I'm saying that's your problem not mine, I'm not saying leonard's a jerk or a bad guy just he's not any different than the guys on here or any other and people like you act like he is just so special.

I disagree that Leonard didn't do anything for her. She became mush more mature, discriminating, and self possessed since she started going out with Leonard. Even though he laughed at her for belief in astrology, he does treat her with respect and he does really value her opinion. At the same time, Leonard became more self assured and self confident while going out with Penny, so it is a two way street. One thing that you have to take into account with Leonard is that he really doesn't know how to behave around normal people. That is another thing that he has gained from being with Penny. He is better able to relate with others.

Something else that Penny has gained from being with Leonard is that she wants more then just one night stands. She now wants somebody who actually cares for her and wants just more then sex from her.

They have both gained from being together.

I disagree that Leonard didn't do anything for her. She became mush more mature, discriminating, and self possessed since she started going out with Leonard. Even though he laughed at her for belief in astrology, he does treat her with respect and he does really value her opinion. At the same time, Leonard became more self assured and self confident while going out with Penny, so it is a two way street. One thing that you have to take into account with Leonard is that he really doesn't know how to behave around normal people. That is another thing that he has gained from being with Penny. He is better able to relate with others.

Something else that Penny has gained from being with Leonard is that she wants more then just one night stands. She now wants somebody who actually cares for her and wants just more then sex from her.

They have both gained from being together.

I agree with most of what you said, but penny always wanted the relationship but the guy never stayed long, but he did make her realize she can date guys that aren't jerk and she can date smart guys and nice guys. But I'm talking about where were the times he bought her flowers or jewelry or even dates which were rare on the date it was like the way they acted just with carnal access, the basic of their relationship was sex and there's more to that to make a relationship which is why they're taking it slow which was reavealed this season when Leonard said he only did anything for her on dates was he thought it would lead to sex thus making her feel cheap and making him look no better than the kurts or mikes which is probably why they're taking it slow and actually getting to know each other since they didn't really get to know each other the first time.

Right, back to dumping on Leonard huh? Oh well, I tried.

So you think Leonard went out with Penny for her brilliant mind? Or could it be that he said that to her because she broke up with him after he told her he loved her and she got all bent out of shape?

Right, back to dumping on Leonard huh? Oh well, I tried.

So you think Leonard went out with Penny for her brilliant mind? Or could it be that he said that to her because she broke up with him after he told her he loved her and she got all bent out of shape?

It's not dumping on Leonard when I'm stating a fact, of course Leonard is interested in her because she's beautiful like I said he wouldn't have said hi if she wasn't so beautiful as opposed to being ugly that's a fact, I'm not sure why Leonard said those things maybe to prove a point not sure what kind of one, like he couldn't have said I did those things because we dated instead.

I'm assuming they must be using a laugh track as there's nothing funny going on. I can't imagine a live audience laughing at anything much. I'm having a weird feeling. It's almost like I can't wait for the season to be over so that I don't have to suffer through this garbage anymore. I guess I keep watching in the hope it will improve but it's unlikely with these writers.