The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.17 The Rothman Disintergration (Feb. 16)

How do you rate the episode?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

I wouldn't say Sheldon's becoming more neurotic but more of a charicature. I facetiously think it has to do with his weight gain. There. I said it.

TBBT episode 5.25 "The Oozing Conundrum"

Leonard makes a discovery and starts having second thoughts about his relationship with Penny.

Sheldon learns that Amy is a hermaphrodite.

On a "very special" Big Bang Theory.

"The Transgender Justification"

"The Penis Postulation"

"The Weiner Reduction"

"The Gender Gentrification"

"The Standard Exception"

"The Female Modification"

"The Girl Bipolarization"

"The Leonard Insertion"

Ok. I'll stop.

Well well, I'm guessing Sheldon's response would be… "Fascinating!"

He & I share an illness (OCD), but he's managed to use his for the good purpose of physics, whereas mine is used for the sake of dethreading a forum. Oh, the humanity!

"He & I share an illness (OCD), but he's managed to use his for the good purpose of physics, whereas mine is used for the sake of dethreading a forum. Oh, the humanity! "

Your mommy and daddy must be very proud. I am sure that you are too. What an achievement!

"He & I share an illness (OCD), but he's managed to use his for the good purpose of physics, whereas mine is used for the sake of dethreading a forum. Oh, the humanity! "

Your mommy and daddy must be very proud. I am sure that you are too. What an achievement!

Thank you! They are extraordinarily proud. Likewise your mommy & daddy.

Hi, I am a newbie. I absolutely love this show. Glad to find the forum.

I feel the last two episodes have been a little "off". I can't put my finger on it exactly. I absolutely love Jim Parsons, but did anyone feel that in this last episode, he was overacting some in the office scene? Maybe I feel this way because the other guys were just standing there and not really interacting with him while it was going on. I don't know; having a hard time describing what it is.

And in the episode before this one, the whole laughing scene by sheldon. I think it would have made more sense if there had been circumstances in the episode to lead up to the laughing. It just seems like the last two episodes are a little jumbled up and not flowing like they used to?

Anyone else feel this way? It's just been the last two episodes for me. I've been happy so far until now.

I doubt if it was due to over-acting by Jim; they wouldn't allow that.. everything that happens in the show is carefully coordinated (there are multiple retakes and the writers choose the version they find most appropriate). But it was certainly OTT and strange behavior, even for Sheldon, and if so then it means they wanted it to be like that.

As I earlier mentioned somewhere, I think it was intentional. They are hinting at Sheldon, in his own odd, manic way, falling in love. The uncharacteristic laughs and going-crazy moments are Sheldon's version of the bubbliness and light-headedness that accompanies 'first love' feelings for most normal people. For him it's amplified by his innate weirdness and the fact that this is 'first love' at what? 30?

Remember what he says when he's losing it in the office - the disturbing forces are 'playing on my nervous system like the strings of a harp'.

Who plays the harp? There's someone, unconsciously, on his mind, when he gets like this.

Hi, I am a newbie. I absolutely love this show. Glad to find the forum.

I feel the last two episodes have been a little "off". I can't put my finger on it exactly. I absolutely love Jim Parsons, but did anyone feel that in this last episode, he was overacting some in the office scene? Maybe I feel this way because the other guys were just standing there and not really interacting with him while it was going on. I don't know; having a hard time describing what it is.

And in the episode before this one, the whole laughing scene by sheldon. I think it would have made more sense if there had been circumstances in the episode to lead up to the laughing. It just seems like the last two episodes are a little jumbled up and not flowing like they used to?

Anyone else feel this way? It's just been the last two episodes for me. I've been happy so far until now.

I doubt if it was due to over-acting by Jim; they wouldn't allow that.. everything that happens in the show is carefully coordinated (there are multiple retakes and the writers choose the version they find most appropriate). But it was certainly OTT and strange behavior, even for Sheldon, and if so then it means they wanted it to be like that.

As I earlier mentioned somewhere, I think it was intentional. They are hinting at Sheldon, in his own odd, manic way, falling in love. The uncharacteristic laughs and going-crazy moments are Sheldon's version of the bubbliness and light-headedness that accompanies 'first love' feelings for most normal people. For him it's amplified by his innate weirdness and the fact that this is 'first love' at what? 30?

Remember what he says when he's losing it in the office - the disturbing forces are 'playing on my nervous system like the strings of a harp'.

Who plays the harp? There's someone, unconsciously, on his mind, when he gets like this.

Thanks. I hope you are right and it is intentional. Seems like it would be a little more obvious what is going on, but we will see. Maybe if there were more scenes with sheldon and amy together it would make more sense that he is going a little loopy. We will see; thanks for the reply.

Just watched it & had a good laugh! Seeing Kripke & Sheldon do the sports challenge was done very well.

Wouldn't have thought friends would let their friend be "humiliated" for that amount of time though..

The girls segment was ok, but sure they had to throw in the lesbian thing again

Saw this episode for the 1st time last night and I have to say the scenes in the gym with Sheldon and Kripkie were so funny, was laughing hard at their attempts to do anything

Just saw a rerun of this episode on CBS and I have to say it is one of my favorites from the past season with the scenes in the gym with Sheldon and Kripkie are were funny, And I still laugh very hard at their attempts to do anything plus laughing at Sheldon in his new office with the mocking bird, the wind chimes, the thermostat for the office in Professor Davenport's office, and the hole in the wall that Sheldon gets his head stuck in.

I think I missed this one last year; (wasn't such a devout viewer until they began syndication) hysterical! Kripke and Sheldon in the gym is absolutely priceless and Amy classic!

I laughed about the picture that Amy gave to Penny as a present. Wow what a picture :D

And Sheldon did the Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock explanation again (the audience cheered ´cause Jim got it right straightaway on the first take and that was just great! and: he didn`t have to talk so fast during that scene...in Season 2 he did it a little faster and it took him some more takes to get it right but whatever he´s a professional)

I loved it!

It was not the funniest episode but these two moments were the best !

Watching this episode again, I noticed that sheldon during the scene with kripkie at the apartment was looking particularly dashing and cute at the same time :)

Right, so Sheldon and Kripke 'playing' basketball has to be one of the funniest things I have seen so far in this show. Amazingly hilarious!!! And Amy's gift was ya, just a tad creepy... I would never do that to any friend ever and I grew up without them like her as well! All in all solid episode 8/10

I didn't read everything here but did anyone else notice that President Seibert didn't wash his hands after going to restroom? 

wow, amy must care for penny a lot to spend 3k

on a picture of them.

love kripke and sheldon playing sports to get the office.

On 9/27/2015 at 5:30 AM, andre8 said:

I didn't read everything here but did anyone else notice that President Seibert didn't wash his hands after going to restroom? 

Also, why would Sheldon insist on using a urinal, with a privacy screen on only one side?

Because it's on the right side, just like his spot on the couch.  Just like his spot in the arctic.