The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

Yes, I think it's pretty clear she's falling for him bit by bit (especially evidenced by her recent comments to Penny regarding how handsome and brilliant he is). And he's not completely untouched either, given his jealousy when she gets male attention and his worrying about her when they couldn't be in touch. I'm just not sure what the 'falling in love' paradigm even entails, for two people as off-the-wall as these two!

Agreed. They are getting close. Even if the romantic relationship doesn't work out between them, they should remain very close friends.

While that's true, I can't imagine they would spend all this time building up a relationship between those two to have them be "just friends" (albeit really close ones) for the rest of the series. I hope they would have to move to the next stage at some point, and even Sheldon saying "I have feelings for her" is enough - they don't even have to get physical (and that's just a personal opinion, I would be fine with it).

I even find their relationship more solid than Leonard and Penny's. Sheldon and Amy both would never find someone like the other again. It's just too unlikely. Yeah, Penny and Leonard can be cute, and Howard and Bernadette are a great couple, but in a way, Sheldon and Amy are the closest you can get to soulmates, in that sense. At least to me.

I've only posted a couple times here, I'm new, but I just wanted to jump in and say I agree completely about Sheldon and Amy. I think it's inevitable the move to the next stage, it's only a matter of time. I do agree that I think they are the closest you can get to soulmates. I don't see anyone else being so perfect for Sheldon.

I loved the scene with the cupons because that illustrated just how perfect Amy is for Sheldon. Everyone else was pissed when he tried to give them those cupons, but Amy loved it. They just understand each other and don't try to change who the other person really is. The physical aspect seems to be being built up slowly and I think there will be gradual progress on that front too. The evolution of the characters is obvious at this point. It has to lead somewhere.

Agreed. They are getting close. Even if the romantic relationship doesn't work out between them, they should remain very close friends.

While that's true, I can't imagine they would spend all this time building up a relationship between those two to have them be "just friends" (albeit really close ones) for the rest of the series. I hope they would have to move to the next stage at some point, and even Sheldon saying "I have feelings for her" is enough - they don't even have to get physical (and that's just a personal opinion, I would be fine with it).

I even find their relationship more solid than Leonard and Penny's.

I totally agree that Amy and Sheldon's relationship is much more solid than Leonard and Penny's. I actually expect them to progress much further, and get into a real relationship at one point.

What I meant though is that doesn't mean the relationship will necessarily work out in the end. Two reasons:

1) Amy is kind of gay. At this point, she's not sure who she is, but after dating Sheldon she may discover she prefers girls after all. Amy's sexual orientation is a huge question mark yet to be solved.

2) Amy and Sheldon are too alike. Being so similar to each other mentally and emotionally is both a blessing and a drawback, because it's like looking into a mirror daily, there're no surprises, you're like twins. It gets boring.

I totally agree that Amy and Sheldon's relationship is much more solid than Leonard and Penny's. I actually expect them to progress much further, and get into a real relationship at one point.

What I meant though is that doesn't mean the relationship will necessarily work out in the end. Two reasons:

1) Amy is kind of gay. At this point, she's not sure who she is, but after dating Sheldon she may discover she prefers girls after all. Amy's sexual orientation is a huge question mark yet to be solved.

2) Amy and Sheldon are too alike. Being so similar to each other mentally and emotionally is both a blessing and a drawback, because it's like looking into a mirror daily, there're no surprises, you're like twins. It gets boring.

Amy is not gay, she may be bi... not that same thing at all...pleaaaseee!

Yes, I think it's pretty clear she's falling for him bit by bit (especially evidenced by her recent comments to Penny regarding how handsome and brilliant he is). And he's not completely untouched either, given his jealousy when she gets male attention and his worrying about her when they couldn't be in touch. I'm just not sure what the 'falling in love' paradigm even entails, for two people as off-the-wall as these two!

I even find their relationship more solid than Leonard and Penny's. Sheldon and Amy both would never find someone like the other again. It's just too unlikely. Yeah, Penny and Leonard can be cute, and Howard and Bernadette are a great couple, but in a way, Sheldon and Amy are the closest you can get to soulmates, in that sense. At least to me.

I get what you're saying for them to build this relationship up and then them be just friends but I just see at some point there's a breaking point and decide to end the relationship agreement, I agree that they're the most solid of Leonard and penny which isn't really a compliment since they're the most unsolid Bernadette and Howard are more likely than those two as for soulmates I don't believe and Sheldon doesn't believe in that thing plus I think he needs someone like his mother or at least someone that's caring and will take care of him when sick I'm not sure that's amy

1. Well we don't know what she is and nether does she

2. I agree they're too similiar he needs someone that's like his mother or at least take care of him when sick.

Well does Sheldon really need a woman who doesn't know what side she plays on, I can imagine mary's reaction that Shelly is dating somene like that.

Well does Sheldon really need a woman who doesn't know what side she plays on

Prejudice!

Not prejudice, self-preservation!

It's okay to be bi, it's also perfectly alright for a straight person not wanting to be with a bi person. Ce la vie.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Does really someone here actually think that the writers will go on making Amy a full on lesbian /bisexual and in love with Penny?

*insert haughty derission look .gif*

tumblr_l31hr6RBzG1qzcg3s.gif

yes, they've been doing that running joke for a while, but is just that.. a joke..that's the whole point of it... they wouldn't make her a lesbian.. this is a US TV primetime sitcom, currently number 1 on the ratings.. and doing that would kill it (this is the US we are talking about). The show runners are not dumb. Puhhhleeze. Sounds more like a wish sentiment than a reality.

Well does Sheldon really need a woman who doesn't know what side she plays on

Prejudice!

Not prejudice, self-preservation!

It's okay to be bi, it's also perfectly alright for a straight person not wanting to be with a bi person. Ce la vie.

Pffff

Well does Sheldon really need a woman who doesn't know what side she plays on, I can imagine mary's reaction that Shelly is dating somene like that.

Does really someone here actually think that the writers will go on making Amy a full on lesbian /bisexual and in love with Penny?

yes, they've been doing that running joke for a while, but is just that.. a joke..that's the whole point of it... they wouldn't make her a lesbian.. this is a US TV primetime sitcom, currently number 1 on the ratings.. and doing that would kill it (this is the US we are talking about). The show runners are not dumb. Puhhhleeze. Sounds more like a wish sentiment than a reality.

True, they couldn't make her gay. She's propositioned Sheldon several times.

'take me across the road to that motel and have your way with me'

'kiss me where I've never been kissed before'

'one night of torrid lovemaking that soothes my soul...'

The gay community would not be best pleased. Anyway, I don't know why I'm surprised at these comments.... some people!

I'm not sure what the US has anything to do with it, if she won't be a lesbian then they need to have a explanation of her obession and lesbian comments directed at penny, I could see Amy being lesbian as long as she left penny alone

they couldn't make her gay. She's propositioned Sheldon several times.

I said, "she's kind of gay".

Sexuality is not as clear cut, it would be a mistake to think that ALL of gay people NEVER ever dated or propositioned opposite sex. Especially for someone like Amy - a person without any sexual experience whatsoever - it may be difficult to discern her real feelings and orientation.

Amy may not be bi at all, she may be just confusing feelings of camaredie or unresolved hormones with attraction towards Sheldon or Penny. We don't know yet, and neither does Amy.

She may be fully gay (propositioning Sheldon notwithstanding), she may be straight, she may be bi. In either case, that's usually not a good match for a straight male until she figures until what she is.

As of now, she's confused. And so are the viewers. :icon_cheesygrin:

they have given that explanation. Amy did on Rothman, how Penny changed her life and all "and a bra that hooks in the fron of all things", etc.

The thing is, for Amy, those are not lesbian remarks, everybody else takes them as such but she doesn't do it with that intention. That is the whole point of the joke, that's why it's funny... one thing that many people seem to miss. She doesn't realize she is doing improper comments. That is part of her character.

And yes, it has to do with the US in the fact that is still a very conservative country. CBS won't risk anything by putting a regular homosexual character in the #1 sitcom, not this far ahead onto the show.

LOL, her advances to Sheldon have been literal and more obvious, and yet, some people still claim she is a lesbian? selective memory? how convenient.

I agree with this. I think the show-runners know that they have a potentially unique romantic relationship on their hands here (which is already getting plenty of attention and acceptance). I don't think they're going to let it fizzle out to 'just being close friends' again. It's true that this will be a tricky relationship to write and play out, given how odd and how popular both these characters are; but nothing great is ever easy.

Regarding Amy being bisexual - I honestly think her 'Penny crush' is played purely for laughs. While her attachment to Sheldon clearly isn't. So I'm willing to bet that the situation is going to settle into a solid same-sex friendship between Penny and Amy, and a solid intriguing 'something more' between Sheldon and Amy. What or how much that 'something more' will be, we don't know yet.

they have given that explanation. Amy did on Rothman, how Penny changed her life and all "and a bra that hooks in the fron of all things", etc.

The thing is, for Amy, those are not lesbian remarks, everybody else takes them as such but she doesn't do it with that intention. That is the whole point of the joke, that's why it's funny... one thing that many people seem to miss. She doesn't realize she is doing improper comments. That is part of her character.

And yes, it has to do with the US in the fact that is still a very conservative country. CBS won't risk anything by putting a regular homosexual character in the #1 sitcom, not this far ahead onto the show.

LOL, her advances to Sheldon have been literal and more obvious, and yet, some people still claim she is a lesbian? selective memory? how convenient.

So her telling penny about showering together doesn't have intent, I wouldn't call US a conservative country some parts yes and how do you explain modern family then and the people remember her comments to penny so even if she propostions Sheldon we still remember hercomments towards penny until those stop or she figures out who she is.

The thing is, for Amy, those are not lesbian remarks, everybody else takes them as such but she doesn't do it with that intention.

Amy was attracted to both Penny AND Prya. She doesn't mean her remarks as lesbian, and yet her remarks come off that way - as if, even though Amy doesn't realize it, she's very into girls.

I'm not sure why you say it's "convenient" for viewers to deny Amy's attraction to Sheldon.

Maybe the same way it's "convenient" for you to deny Amy's attraction to girls?

:icon_lol:

She didn't say to anything to Penny about showering together. She said it as a proposition for thing for Bridesmaids to do, and Bernadette was also involved. She didn't say it as a lesbian comment, that was the whole point of the joke.. (and btw, we didn't even see that onscreen, it was a comment that Bernadette made so, we cannot really tell how she said it),.

And if you are talking about the episode with the picture, she was saying it regarding the picture, but Penny didn't think so, that's the whole point of the joke.. again.

Like when the guys slept naked together in the Nort Pole by Sheldon's suggestion and he kept going on about it, while the rest of the guys didn't want to mention it again. Sheldon didn't understand why. Same kind of joke.

And yes, Modern Family is there, but as I said, their characters were there since the beginning of the show... and they are not #1 in ratings either.

and please use punctuation, is your friend.

And yes, it is convenient, for both parties, with the exception that the show has never said that Amy is either Bi or a Lesbian, so the canon of the show is actually on the "Amy is not gay" side.. at least for now. And Amy is Sheldon's girlfriend, so she liking him is pretty much canon. Specially after last episode (where there were no "lesbian" remarks, and yet, this discussion is still here)

And how do you know if she is "very into girls"? has the show said anything on that regard? Is your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Bill Prady has said she is not attracted to Penny sexually, that she was only making those comments out of her fangirl infatuation with Penny on his twitter... that was before last episode so I think that is why they didn't make that joke on it.

Regarding Amy being bisexual - I honestly think her 'Penny crush' is played purely for laughs. While her attachment to Sheldon clearly isn't.

I see the possible development of story as Sheldon being Amy's soulmate, but Penny being her sexual ideal. In other words, Amy may realize she's gay, but also has deep feelings of love for Sheldon.

Life is not clear cut and simple. I don't know if the showrunners ever go this complex and intriguing route, since a lot of sitcom audiences prefer simplified black & white stories and can't deal with the real life complexities on TV screen.

She didn't say to anything to Penny about showering together. She said it as a proposition for thing for Bridesmaids to do, and Bernadette was also involved. She didn't say it as a lesbian comment, that was the whole point of the joke.. (and btw, we didn't even see that onscreen, it was a comment that Bernadette made so, we cannot really tell how she said it),.

And if you are talking about the episode with the picture, she was saying it regarding the picture, but Penny didn't think so, that's the whole point of the joke.. again.

Like when the guys slept naked together in the Nort Pole by Sheldon's suggestion and he kept going on about it, while the rest of the guys didn't want to mention it again. Sheldon didn't understand why. Same kind of joke.

And yes, Modern Family is there, but as I said, their characters were there since the beginning of the show... and they are not #1 in ratings either.

For one you're just dismissing everything without reason and denying the facts, Modern Family also won a Emmy for best show this past yr and Ellen degernes is also number one in daytime, yeah modern was like that in the beginnng well TBBT has had jokes from the beginning so if they make Amy lesbian what's the difference

Ellen is a presenter, not a character on a sitcom.

Modern Family won a lot of Emmy's... still, is not number one on the ratings.

And there is a difference. This is fist, a Chuck Lorre show. Second: they wouldn't be building her arc with Sheldon for 2 seasons just to make her a lesbian with an unrequited love for Penny. Why? this is a sitcom, not a drama. A confused woman with a teenager psyche finding out she is a lesbian and falling in love with someone who could never love her back is not funny. Is not funny at all. Is sad, very sad.. too sad for a sitcom.

but whateaver, she could he having sex with Sheldon all the time and there would still be people around saying she is a lesbian. You will see whateaver you want to see, just like I am.

And yes, it is convenient, for both parties, with the exception that the show has never said that Amy is either Bi or a Lesbian, so the canon of the show is actually on the "Amy is not gay" side.. at least for now. And Amy is Sheldon's girlfriend, so she liking him is pretty much canon. Specially after last episode (where there were no "lesbian" remarks, and yet, this discussion is still here)

And how do you know if she is "very into girls"? has the show said anything on that regard? Is your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Bill Prady has said she is not attracted to Penny sexually, that she was only making those comments out of her fangirl infatuation with Penny on his twitter... that was before last episode so I think that is why they didn't make that joke on it.

Well bill also said Sheldon was asexual and we say how that played out he probably got enough mail and tweets they might have decided to stop with Amy coming onto penny or I hope and we don't know if Amy is a lesbian it's pretty good conclusion for people to think she is when just about every episode except the last to think it as she says somethingthroughout the season.

Pffft, of course it's a comedy, and that situation can be comedy gold.

There wouldn't be any prolonged pain and suffering, because the writers managed to find a perfect match even for sleezy Howard - surely they would find a perfect girl for Amy, if she ever realized "hey, I'm into girls after all!". :icon_cheesygrin:

I see the possible development of story as Sheldon being Amy's soulmate, but Penny being her sexual ideal. In other words, Amy may realize she's gay, but also has deep feelings of love for Sheldon.

Life is not clear cut and simple. I don't know if the showrunners ever go this complex and intriguing route, since a lot of sitcom audiences prefer simplified black & white stories and can't deal with the real life complexities on TV screen.

That could be a very interesting storyline, and I have nothing against it in general. I just don't think the show is going to go there or even now is showing any intention of going there.

Also, one doesn't necessarily have to depict bisexual tendencies to have a 'complex and intriguing' story. For me, the development of Sheldon and Amy's relationship is complex and intriguing enough as it is. More, I daresay, than most of what one sees on network television.

Ellen is a presenter, not a character on a sitcom.

Modern Family won a lot of Emmy's... still, is not number one on the ratings.

And there is a difference. This is fist, a Chuck Lorre show. Second: they wouldn't be building her arc with Sheldon for 2 seasons just to make her a lesbian with an unrequited love for Penny. Why? this is a sitcom, not a drama. A confused woman with a teenager psyche finding out she is a lesbian and falling in love with someone who could never love her back is not funny. Is not funny at all. Is sad, very sad.. too sad for a sitcom.

but whateaver, she could he having sex with Sheldon all the time and there would still be people around saying she is a lesbian. You will see whateaver you want to see, just like I am.

This is not chuck lorre's first show.

Modern family still is highly recogonized.

Not if Amy wasn't making comments to penny.

Just face it you're denying facts.

I didn't say that this was Chuck's first show.. I wrote First, this is a Chuck Lorre show. Punctuation is your friend.

I'm not denying facts, I am rebuking interpretations. Amy being a lesbian is not a fact. It is an interpretation.

Bill never said Sheldon was asexual, you are wrong with that... he said that Sheldon's love was "science". He never used the word asexual, just like he never labeled Sheldon as an Aspie. They don't want to use labels, and that's why they don't say it, and I find it absolutelly correct that they don't do it (and I am saying it as an person with Aspergers).

And yes, probably they stopped with the comments due to the people complaining, which is kinda sad cos I did find those jokes funny (even though I would have liked if there was less of them).

Anyhow, Mayim is not going to be in the next two episodes so you guys will have a break from that.